Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 12/26/2014 1:05:00 AM

Such a good product. I bought after seeing all the rave reviews for this mask. I bought mine on eBay for about NZ$15. The tube it came in is HUGE! This will last me a long, long time. I always forget to do masks, I just never have the time so I still have other masks that I have had for years. This is definitely my new fave though. It's easy to apply, not too thick, just nice and creamy and easy to spread over my face. Smells nice like spearmint and felt nice on my face. I have pretty good skin now that I have my routine down pat and have found the products that work best for me. I had clear skin when I put this on but when I took it off I noticed it had bought up 2 small blemishes, I guess it had bought all the bad stuff to the surface. My nose was very clear however which was great and my skin was smooth and soft. I heard this is good for spot treatments too, so after I moisturized I put some more on the blemishes and left it overnight. In the morning, they were non-existent. Very impressed.

on 12/25/2014 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite go-to masks! I love the mint scent and how it tingles and gives a cooling effect. I don't have large pores, but I love when I apply this and it dries that I can see my pores and how the masks really does pull the dirt out. The application can get a bit messy, but masks are always messy. This masks works wonders and it definitely does dry up any acne/pimples fast.

on 12/21/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I stumbled on a sale for this at Walgreens and had vague memory of using it in my early teens. All I could remember as I stared at the bottle is having true contempt for it while not remembering why. :-P For $2 and the claims on the label of extracting impurities and reducing the appearance of pores I decided to try it again. Now I remember what I hated: the scent of sulfur, as it all came back to me at once that I before used it as an overnight spot treatment mask, where it would be sticky and smeared all over my face in the morning, had no positive effect on my skin, and my bedding left stained green and reeked like sulfur. Sigh. This time around, I just used it on my t-zone where and for about 15 minutes, rinsed it off gently with cold water and a wash cloth, and wow! I get why this is such a classic/favorite. My skin was glowing and the blackheads on my nose that I can never get rid of are drastically reduced. Nothing ever helps clear those so I'm amazed that this helped. I still hate the smell, and it is a little bit drying so I don't want to use it on my entire face but for especially clogged areas = excellent!

on 12/19/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, as a weekly mask this did not do anything for my dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin. I don't see a decrease in acne, clearer/smaller pores, smoother skin texture... Nothing. It stings slightly (this is separate from the cooling sensation the mint has) so I can't even say it is fun to use. The only difference I can tell in my skin after I use the mint julep mask is that it feels drier than usual so I need more moisturizer.

I don't plan on purchasing this in the future, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't had much luck with other clay masks in the past.

on 12/12/2014 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Well this mask is THE best mask you can buy for your skin if you have acne. I bought this particular mask around a year ago and stopped using it because it was so messy and it really wasn't doing much for my skin. I started reusing it again about a month ago now and I am so in love with it. It is so affordable, it is a huge tube, you will never run out of this! I apply the mask on days that I have worn makeup for the whole day, to just clean my skin. I do not exfoliate often because it can be too harsh on my skin, so this is a great alternative. :) very happy with this!

on 12/2/2014 4:57:00 PM

I bought this after reading great reviews about it and because of the cheap price. I was impressed. Afterwards my skin feels soft, smooth, and pores are clear. It is just as good as Lush's Mask of Magnaminty...if not better! I will repurchase.

on 11/28/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

i got a tiny bottle of this because i heard it was one of queen helene's best skin care product. this stuff, along with the mud mask, is really awesome. i like the queen helene mud mask a bit more and i feel like, for my skin, it does more - but the mint julep mask is easily my second favorite. it smells pleasant and it leaves your skin feeling smooth and clear and tight. i usually use it weekly or once every two weeks and it really gives my skin a pick-me-up at times it is desperately needed.

on 11/21/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a staple in my routine. I've used pricey masks that I liked but this mask is only $4 and work just as well, if not better, than the $40+ masks. Not to mention, one tube is going to last forever so you get a lot of bang for your buck. It can be a bit drying, so I would proceed with caution if you're going to use it all over your face but it works wonders for any breakout or clog I have. I use a little Queen Helene on the spot, let it dry, and once removed, I can already see that the spot or clog comes to a head. This mask really dries them out and clears them up faster than any other spot treatment I've ever used. It is very effective.

on 11/17/2014 12:17:00 AM

This is great! I find this to be perfect for my acne prone combo skin. I also like to use it as a spot treatment.

on 11/16/2014 10:06:00 PM

I have been kind of on the look out for this product since reading about it ages ago... lo and behold I found it tucked away at Sally's. It's dirt cheap for a giant tub, but I might buy the bottled version next as it's a bit messy.

However, I cannot recommend this enough! I have combination skin and have always had acne, but over the past couple months it's gotten pretty bad (hormonal I believe) so I was looking to try something new. This mask is amazing! It's not a miracle worker by any means, but I could see a difference after using it. It's a thick, creamy green clay-based mask that is really fun to put on haha. It is quite tingly (it is called a MINT mask for a reason), almost to the point of burning a little in my case, as I have sensitive skin, but I tough it out for 15-20 minutes. I honestly don't find it that hard to remove, it just takes some warm water and a bit of scrubbing.

After the first few times using it, and yes even after the first time, my skin was noticeably more soft and smooth. I didn't see a ton of difference in my blemishes, but after using it a couple of times they definitely were less noticeable and more dried up. A couple people even commented after I used it how nice my skin looked! You can't really go wrong with it, it's so cheap for a lot of product and has improved my acne some, as well as my skin's texture. I used it a couple times a week and will definitely be re-buying!

Popular Masks