October 22, 2014 | 1228 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Taylorm3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination skin so I just used this on my t-zone. This product worked really well to clear the black heads and tighten my pores. I am very happy because it worked well enough that I can put off a facial. For the price, you can't beat this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SabinchenMeister

Oh. My. God. I had shunned this product for a while (despite all the good things I've heard about it) because it had parabens... but now that I'd done my research and made up my own opinion, I've started using products with parabens and this was at the top of my list.

First of all, the packaging is simple. You get a lot of product and it's a squeeze tube, so it's hygienic, which is crucial for a product that's supposed to clear up your skin. I've seen this stuff being sold online in tubs, but DO NOT buy it in the tub form. Definitely go for the squeeze tube.

The price is amazing considering all the higher-end skincare products I've tried. I've tried Clarisonic too, but even that didn't work as well as this stuff. My skin got better from DAY ONE of using this. I used it before bed and the next morning I was like WHERE ARE MY PORES. And my skin looked so smooth and soft and FELT that way too. Wtf where have you been all my life, Queen Helene?! You get a fricking A+++ for effectiveness. It calms down my acne, my pimples dry up, it sucks the shit out of my pores (aka blackheads and whiteheads), and I see great results with my pores the next morning already. OH-MAZING. I'm moving to Taiwan in a month, so I am buying as many of these as I think I can fit in my suitcase. This is like, my miracle face product that I didn't think existed. I just hope to God that Taiwan carries this in their drugstores.

I will say that I still sometimes get plugged oil glands even with this stuff, but I don't even care anymore because even if they get plugged, they don't ever get inflamed because this masque keeps my skin calm. I break out a LOT less often now, so I'm happy. Also, the tube says that it relaxes your facial muscles and I can say that I did feel relaxed after using it, and ready for bed. Don't know if I can attribute that entirely to the masque, but I guess it works somehow. It has a pleasant minty smell that's not overpowering and I feel like your pores can feel the minty-ness too. It's a nice feeling.

Bottom line: This product is a MUST if you're going to be a bride. This shall be used the night immediately before your big day because your face will be awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

I have used this stuff for about 10 years. It's wonderful for my combination skin. It doesnt over strip my skin, like a lot of products out there aimed at combo skin have. It has worked wonders during Aunt Flo's visit, and the breakouts that tend to come with. It's been a weekly staple ever since I stumbled across it in Sally's. I use this once or twice a week, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking great. I will always have this in my cabinet, for the price it really does deliver!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask really is nice! My skin feels so refreshing afterwards! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone who suffers with oily skin and breakouts, pick this bad boy up! I bought this for four bucks at walmart and a week later was at family dollar and saw this for cheaper, little more than three bucks. Have you seen how big this bottle is?! This will definitely dry up before I get to finish it lol! I try to use it every 4 days since I have the oiliest skin ever and this is a mask that is going to pull out all the impurities and things like that so when you break out the next morning, its working! Now that the pimples are at the surface, you can continue your skincare routine of moisturizer and cleanser and all that. I had three huge breakouts after using this all close together on my right cheek and they kept getting smaller until they dried completely and disappeared. I was so impressed! It says to keep it on for 15 minutes but I leave it on for hours sometimes. I dont think it makes a difference or not, i just get lazy sometimes hahah. For the cheap price this is such a gem! The packaging doesnt bother me, I like it. The morning after, my face feel soo soft. For pores, I wouldn't know, my pores are not that visible, only sometimes on my cheeks but my pores look clean and tight. Love it love it pick it up ladies & gents (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mask is awesome. i used it last night and my face feels better than it has in a while this morning when i woke up. the fragrance was nice also. i love mint julep

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is mask is great. its so refreshing and rejuvinating. after a long hard day i love to put it on and i feel so clean and refreshed when i take it off. i wouldnt choose any other product. great job. oh and it smells great

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by behemottka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is horrible. I know that it feels tightening, but trust me, this mask will ruin your skin. Just go for a clay mask - it's even cheaper and PROVEN to be beneficial for your skin. As for this Queen Helene gimmick - mint it an irritant. This mask affects the lipid barrier of your skin, ergo it's just plain bad for you. As for me - it makes me cry, quite literally, it irritates my skin AND my eyes (and no, I don't put it near the eye area)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Monserrate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This masque has been amazing for me so far. I'm absolutely in love with it!!!!!! ♡♥♡♥It's a thick green masque that's smells super minty. I was extremely skeptical at first because it's super cheap. It's only about $4-$5 and the claims the product makes seem too good to be true. I've used many masques and this by far is one of the best. It definitely does help dry up acne but if you decide to purchase this masque make sure you wear a moisturizer. It is a drying formula. My acne is clearing up and I know for a fact that this masque is helping. Opps... I almost forgot to mention that when I first applied this masque it did burn and I had the urge to take it off right away. But I didn't because I thought it was definitely worth a try. Thumbs up if you'd like to see before and after pics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WHAT IS THIS *!@&%$ WIZARDRY?!?! I AM IN LOVE. HG!!!

That in and of itself, is not a particularly helpful review however, so:
I bought this mask after reading so many positive reviews, and I must say, it didn't let me down. The mask is gorgeously creamy and spreads easily, and has a pleasant mild mint smell.
I applied to a freshly cleaned face, and glancing in the mirror before settling down to watch some tv as it dried, I actually saw pinhead dark spots emerge in the mask - I couldn't believe what I was seeing - the gunk literally coming out of my pores before my eyes.
As the mask dried, it gave my skin an ever so slight tingling tight feeling, not unusual with masks, and not uncomfortable in the slightest. I gently washed the mask off in warm water, and was surprised by the feeling of my skin - I was a bit worried because my skin felt incredibly dry to the touch - not tight or flaky, but almost too "squeaky clean". I went on to apply a toner and moisturiser and went to bed, thinking no more of it.
The next morning, I awoke to my skin being in the most beautiful state I've seen it in in a long time: velvety soft, moisturised, much clearer and more even tone, and shrunken pores - just soft and firm and glowing, I SWEAR even some of my fine lines were minimised. I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a skincare product in my life...

Fantastic that such a reasonably priced product using natural ingredients can give such a noticeably good result. HG beyond a doubt - I've never used anything so effective - I will repurchase until it's no longer made!!!

*NOTE* (For reference: my skin is incredibly dry with small hormonal breakouts on my nose, chin, and cheeks, and enlarged pores and blackheads on my nose. I can't speak to the masks effectiveness on sensitive, oily, or more acne prone skin...)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No