BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 1/5/2013 8:09:00 PM

I needed this for brightening, lightening dark lids. It works great for that, and you only need a tiny amount. I just tap the surface and it's plenty. I wonder if those who complain about greasiness are using too much? It probably is not the best primer, but I don't need my m/u to last all day, I'm much more concerned about covering darkness, and I think it's great for that. EDIT: This seems kind of obvious, but I realized the creasing was because my fingers/lids had a little foundation on them. If you put this on first with clean fingers and completely dry lids, it doesn't crease nearly as much and performs great.

on 12/28/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For medium skin, the color is a bit too light. It's very tacky and can cause you to tug on your eyes if you don't warm it up enough. I've used it alone to even out my eyelids as well as a primer for shadow because it has a tacky consistency that eyeshadows can stick to... for like, an hour. Then it creases horribly. It doesn't blend very well, either. While the little mirror is useful, the product pan is a gross petri-dish for bacteria. Overall, for the price, it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Have had the same package for a couple years. The only thing I find it useful for now is "whiting out" my lips if I want to wear a light lipstick. Not helpful for anything else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have found a great trick to use this: I warm it up with the hair dryer and it sets better on my skin. However, it greases and melts on the eyelid, so I have to use a primer and then I apply the eye shadow. It also sits on my fine lines, which I hate.
I like this product to brighten my discolorated eyes, full of dark spots, but I only use it in the cornes, I avoid using it where my fine lines are concentrated.

on 11/29/2012 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

as a primer, its useless... as a brightener, its terrific. you can wear it on its own; its also great to neutralize any darkness/discoloration you have on your lid so when you apply eye shadow, the color comes out truer to whats in the pan. ive bought this time and time again.

on 11/10/2012 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First things first, I WORSHIP this product!
I honestly have nothing bad to say about Lemon Aid apart from I wish there was more of it in the pan!
My mother is a diabetic and so my eyelids have a yellow discoloured look to them, which often shows through my foundation if its a light coverage foundation (which I hate). She was the one who actually introduced me to this product when I told her about my problems and I've loved it ever since! It is a bit pricey for how much is in the pan but it does last a long time which is a good thing. It's texture and appearance is that of a pan concealer and so it will slip nicely into your makeup bag without taking up too much space. It also has it's own compact mirror within the packaging so it's good for on the go!
Now, I must admit, for me this product is only good for my actual eyelids, everywhere else on my face is not blemish free when I apply Lemon Aid but seeing as my eyelids are my main concern, I am not too worried. It goes on well with both fingers or a concealer brush and only a little bit is needed. It evens out the appearance of discolouration and creates a natural base underneath foundation.
If you do suffer from discoloured eyelids, then I definitely recommend this product to you!
I hope this review has helped you decide to buy it! -Shannon x

on 9/13/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I have a lot of redness around my nose and purple/pink undereye circles. I was hoping that this would counteract some of that but even after experimenting with it, I didn't notice much of a difference. The outcome was similar to using concealer alone. I will keep my sample on hand if I happen the have a blemish but I wasn't happy enough to want to purchase the full-size.

BTW - yes I know this product is for covering eyelid veins, etc. I was simply looking for a yellow corrector & this was one recommended to me

on 7/18/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bad. not good coverage, stuck to any dry skin an accentuated it, and creased within an hour of wearing even when i set it with copious amounts of powder.

on 6/16/2012 6:50:00 PM

I really enjoyed Lemon Aid. I got the look of someone who had slept several hours. I recommend it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do love this, I am super fair, little purple veins showing through, giving me a fresh punched in the face look. This product does cover them up, leaves my lids lovely, and helps the shadow stick. So why only four lippies? The packaging! It seems ot get dry quickly, it musses easily, and attracts dirt. I have to constantly rewipe the top to get to the good stuff, wasted product, no bueno.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products