October 25, 2014 | 1254 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Moisture effective Eye makeup remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

It's amazing how mixed the reviews are. Some people like it, some people do not. Personally, this stuff bothers my eyes - always has. It might have something to do with the fact that I wear contacts. But regardless of whether or not my contacts are in, this lotion in and around my eyes fogs my eyesight and irritates them. The lotion is very soft and gentle, however, in order for me to have it "effectively" remove my eyemakeup, I feel like it requires me to really rub it off and that's too too too rough for the precious skin around my eyes and your eyes. At 99 cents a bottle, there's always a bunch kicking around my bathroom because my mom and my sister both love this stuff. If I'm ever stuck for makeup remover, I'll turn to this, because it's cheap and it's there. But for the amount of makeup I wear, this stuff doesn't quite cut it. Using it around my eyes is irritating and makes my eyes appear drowsy and tired afterwards, so no.. this does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product! It usually sells for about $4 a bottle, but I wait for the sales and get them for like $.99 (on sale!)
This removes all of my mascara, primer, all of my make up! and it does not irritate my skin or eyes at all! I don't buy expensive make up removers just this great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by honeybee519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this MILLIONS of times, but never ordered it myself. My gran gets them and gives them to us all the time, so I have 3 right now lol. This is probably perfect for ppl with sensitive skin who wear light makeup, but not for those who wear long wear makeup, or heavier eyemakeup. I know ppl say its great for that but I don't agree.

I wear Revlon Colorstay foundation, liquid e/l, longwear e/s and this makeup remover doesn't take it off completely. After I wash my face, there's black residue left under my eyes, and I have to go over them again w remover and rinse, it's a stupid process. I think it would be great to help soften the makeup before cleansing, but you will still have residue.

Overall, the package is very functional, it has no bad scent, it's fairly cheap, available to most ppl, and it kind of works haha! I recommend this for anyone who wears light makeup for sure. I use the ones I have in a pinch when I run out of regular remover. It's really not bad to have on hand for $1-$2, but not full price. Don't expect anything major and you will be happy lol!

Note: I've used Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and got the same black residue, plus the oily feeling ontop. It works a little faster, but it's about $8 where I live. If I had to chose I say Avon bc theres no oilies & much cheaper. However, I've been using Vichy Purete Micellar Solution and hands down it wins over the 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have to wholeheartedly disagree with the negative reviews on this product. I say wait until it's on sale for 99 cents, then try it for yourself. I used it tonight and it worked wonders on my waterproof eyemakeup. It seriously compares to high-end EMU removers such as Clinique "Take the Day Off" Cleansing Balm (which I use for eyes only, not my entire face), and that is priced at around $25.

I don't experience any problems with this remover. I do, however, use a wipe or a warm wash cloth to take it off. It leaves my eye area clean, soft and supple. Great for nighttime MU removal. I don't think you'll be disappointed and I think it's on sale right now, so I would try it...myself, I am stocking up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by juventas000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i thought id give my own review after seeing all the negative reactions to this. i've tried a lot of make up removers from Bi Facil to Almay to everything in between and considering bang for buck (Avon puts it on sale for 99c!!) it does a pretty darn tootin job for me! i have my share of allergies n sensitivities (am on Claritin daily as well as anti asthma meds) and i have never had a bad reaction or stinging from the Avon remover. i use it to take off waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner. it even helps remove eyelash glue when i wear falsies. it is a must have on my dresser, and i stock up whenever Avon does the sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

Do not waste your money on this product!! I love Avon products, but this product is the worst thing they have ever made and sold. It's in a squeeze bottle which is fine and it does remove make-up well, but when you are done removing your make-up, your eyes feel tired and irritated. I defiantly think it's because it's a lotion eye make-up remover, which I will never be buying EVER again. I'd rather have a liquid make-up remover than a lotion make-up remover, and something that doesn't make my eyes feel all wonky after using it. It's cheap yes, but your getting cheap, horrible quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupwithM

I got this when it was on sale for .99 cent. I use waterproof mascara and it doesn't take it off. I really gave it a good try. Everytime I use it I end up using my Clinque makeup remover over it. I just used it again after a few months and it still doesn't do much. It's just a waste of time for me. I am finally tossing it tonight.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this eye makeup remover years ago and I thought it was horrible. It stung my poor eye area and I actually broke out into a red and flakey rash around my lower lash line the next day. I don't have sensitive skin so I was so confused why this happened and decided it was just a coincidence. So of course, I tried it again and the same thing happened. I don't know what's in this stuff but all I can say is I've learned my lesson and I'm staying the hell away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

It's very gentle with next to no smell. I'm allergic to perfume (or anything with a strong smell), so yay! It removes my makeup easily, without leaving that icky feeling behind, unlike others I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Ginee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I accidently bought waterproof mascara and this was on sale for only $.99

It works pretty well, but does sting my eyes.

I will repurchase only because it is so cheap and I rarely use eye-makeup remover.