BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Medium

4.2

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I used to think this was the best thing for my eyebrows, until I found the MUFE Aqua Brow refill, however I still think this Benefit kit is a good product.

There’s 2 parts to the kit, one part wax, and one part powder. There’s also the inclusion of a pair of mini tweezers, a hard angled brush and a blending brush. The kit comes in 3 shades, light, medium and dark. I use the medium shade, I have owned the dark version but found it much too harsh and Cruella de Vil-esque.

The first step is to use the angled brush to pick up and apply the wax directly onto your browns in sweeping motions. Then, you fill in your brows with the powder, using the blending brush. The powder sticks to the wax to fill in the brows. The wax really helps to smooth and hold the brows into place, and the powder is just the right shade to fill them in. The result is very natural but defined clean brows. I like to use my use my MAC 266 to apply the wax, and then to apply the powder as it precisely applies the shadow exactly where I want it. The kit is so incredibly easy to use, and the brows stay defined for a long time.

The tweezers that come in the kit though are useless though, far too stiff for my liking so I stick to my trusty Tweezermans.

If you have sparse, thin brows or a few bald spots, then Brow-Zings can really help to create the illusion of thicker, defined brows. I highly recommend Brow-Zings to you if this is the case, or you just want a nice kit to tame, shade and groom your brows all at the same time!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is something that I use every single day! I have probably had it for 12months and still have lots left to use! I love the colour on my brows, leaves them natural looking and defined. One of my all time favourite products ever! I may try the darker one next time! The only this is.... I use the bare minerals brow brush with this for the power... I feel the benefit brushes are too soft. Tweezers are great and handy for the purse :-)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am totally partial to Benefit products, but I definitely have not found anything that works as well on my brows as this does!! It's fabulous. The color works great. The wax works great. I don't feel that it's too heavy at all. It really defines my brows. I will buy this over and over and over again.

This is the one product that is a must have for me. I have replaced it 3 times now, I don't know what I would do without this kit!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had never thought that eye brow make up was necessary for someone like me with dark brows. However, I had one of those little makeovers at a Benefit counter and was surprised that it made a big difference to my whole face.

I bought Brow Zings in medium and feel that it suits my colouring. Stronger brows look great with classic liquid eyeliner and neutral eye shadow.

The wax and shadow combination works well, I think. I like the colour and the textures of both. The product is reasonably long lasting.

I think the tweezers are actually quite handy for if you're out and about. Admittedly, you're better off with a proper pair of tweezers, but these are okay for plucking the odd stray hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted to try something different and I read alot of great reviews and I been using the same e/s Mac corduroy for the longest but I had to rtn this color was way too dark for me.

Great product that lasts a long time! I've used mine nearly every day for 3 years now and it's still good as new! Also, I read that Kate Middleton uses it ;-)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

love this product!! I used to just quickly fill in my brows with a liner but after using this, it just gives so much more life to my brows and its so easy to use!! little pricey but it's well worth it and it will last you months!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Need to swap this for the darker colour! Medium is way too warm on me. I look like I have tattooed my eyebrows and its faded.

Just got this and am supremely happy with it - got it in medium and I have very dark brown hair (no throw of red).
The wax does colour your skin subtlely but more importantly gives the brow powder something to stick to. You will have a much more defined look! Can use wax and powder separately, but the wax didn't give me enough colour that way.
I have been using a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow (flat dark matte brown) to do my brows for YEARS. This is with a Claudio Riaz Instant Brow brush that I got from Barney's. Poor brush will have to be retired because Brow Zings needs a small angled brush! Don't bother with the brushes in the kit.

Eyeshadow powder alone will not give you the precision that this product does, and that is because of the wax.

When you think of wax, you may think of a tough product which won't apply well. This can be described as a sort of soft creme wax, which you should apply sparingly and build. Don't add too much because you will of course add powder to it! Powder is pretty highly pigmented.

Wear is really long, basically until you choose to take it off! Eyeshadow alone tends to fade.

I believe that a similar product is available from ModelCo and it is cheaper than AU$55 which I think is extremely steep for something you put on your eyebrows. That said, I think this will last 6 mths, or more!

If you like clearly defined coloured in eyebrows which have a long lasting effect, definitely pick this up. You will look incredible!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

I recently purchased this product becuase my friend recommended it to me. I absolutley love it! the wax and powder duo are perfect for defining brows. my eyebrows are my favorite part of my features on my face and this product really enhances them! a must buy for great looking eyebrows!

Popular Brows Products