The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/28/2009 11:43:00 AM

this is a good brush. it is not to wide or too small and you can get into small areas with the point. also, you can wash it a million times, it still stays the same !

on 6/14/2009 1:44:00 PM

I only bought this brush because my old one had finally fallen apart - the handle just suddenly dropped off - and I had some loyalty points to use up in the Body Shop. It looked a good brush but I was dubious about it because it has such a short handle. In fact this has turned out to be a plus point because it packs away in a make up bag much easier than one with a long handle. Who needs a long handle anyway?!

I am quite pleased with it. I use it every day and wash it out in soap and water every day. So far, after 2 or 3 months, it has stood up to this quite well and the hairs are still soft and smooth. It's a good shape for applying foundation - not too wide but with a slight point to get into corners.

on 6/1/2009 11:35:00 PM

I had this brush for 6-7 years now. THe bristles are still very soft but I notice that the hairs do get a bit out or shape and sprawls out with age. I never used this as a foundation brush but solely for putting powder over my undereye circles. I could see how this would suck as a foundation brush but after all these years I finally used it for concealer. OMG it works SOOO nice. The softness of the bristles create a very soft airbrushed look. Its beautiful. And its really hard for me to get that with concealer because my skin is insanely dry and i always end up looking all wrinkly even at age 23. Try it for concealer! ITS AMAZING for that!

on 5/31/2009 8:14:00 PM

This is my 1st foundation brush & I dun like it - the bristles turned rough after just 1 wash (with my Dr Lauranne's gentle facial wash), & thereafter, made my foundation streaky.

on 5/22/2009 11:19:00 PM

Although this product is intended for applying foundation, I use it as my blush brush. The bristles are soft and they're in tact so I never had to worry about it falling on my face. I would buy this product again.

on 4/21/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first foundation brush so i can't really compare with other one's, I decided to buy this because I like their blusher bursh, however its not very good for the price. I paid about 11 pounds. Like most reviewer said it leaves streaks on face and I sometimes I have use finger to smooth out my foundation which seems pointless for having foundation brush. Also I am not sure why, sometimes it hurts my face when i use it :/

on 3/27/2009 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a moisturiser brush. I kept getting breakouts from using my hands (even after washing and sanitizing) so needed something cheaper than the high end foundation brushes and good enough quality to last. I have had it for 3 weeks now and can say that it works like a dream for my moisturizing purposes. I haven't tried it as a foundation brush so can't really comment on that. The bristles are very soft and delicate and it applies and spreads the cream/lotions like a dream without soaking up the product. I have washed it 4 times and it comes out looking brand new every time. This came in a sanitary closed packet. Wash & dry as per usual instructions (laying it flat). 8.50 (UK)

on 3/18/2009 9:02:00 PM

This is a review for the Body Shop Kabuki brush! I've never purchased The Body Shop makeup brushes before but next time you step in the store just try for yourself and you'll be converted! They are super soft (feels like velvet on ur skin!) and work like a treat! The kabuki brush is very dense and the size is very manageable. Initially I was bit apprehensive bout the size because the other kabuki brushes I've seen are usually larger but after using it I realised the size wasn't an issue!

If I didn't already have eyeshadow brushes etc I would want to buy the other brushes in their range! THe price is decent and the quality definitely worth it!

on 1/31/2009 7:35:00 AM

This is the best foundation brush I've ever used! It's so soft and gives great coverage for my face. Furthermore it's easy to clean so that means no hygiene issues.

on 11/22/2008 2:30:00 AM

I purchased this brush back in college as it was cheaper than the Mac one. It worked pretty well, not as good as Mac but all I could afford at the time (Body Shop was a lot cheaper in Europe compared with Mac) I now use mineral make up so have not used it in a long time!

I don't like the style of Body Shop brushes, the bottom is so fat, it takes up a lot of room!

I don't think I would recommend this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes