Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

I'm a makeup artist and have been using tons of makeup products for many years. After going through foundation reviews on this website I bought this powder makeup because of its high ratings. After obtaining this product I wasn't too happy about it. It's probably good as a powder only but doesn't do much for a foundation. It goes on very sheer so no flaws can be expected to cover up at all. Worst part is when one is photographed. Skin looks extremely chalky and dry. And the palette itself starts to clump up if one uses the sponge included to apply makeup to the face. Overall, i'm not satisfied with any aspect of this product at all. Not the packaging and definitely the quality of the product itself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is very nice and works well with my skin. I have really oily skin on my T-zone and then my chin is a little flaky and dry, because I pack on the blemish medication since I am stressed. A good exfoliating wash and some good hydrating creme fixes any problems that would normally occur with a powder foundation. This is a dream.. my skin has never looked so flawless, and with some concealer on my red spots.. they are gone the moment I put the powder on. Absolutely amazing! My skin also doesn't get super oily after 10 minutes of wearing it. I tried it for consecutive hours the other night and would probably need a little touch up, but that's because I don't like the "dewy" look.

It contains talc which can irritate some people's skin, and may cause blemishes. I have sensitive skin and this hasn't given me a problem yet. It fixes all my problems actually! Love it! Will buy again, and again! The lady at Merle Norman said it lasts up to 5-8 months, which is decent for me and it cost probably around $33.00 canadian. :)

Great product! Merle Norman usually has a 30 day guarantee return if you don't like it, so give it a shot. It's so worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For all skin types.

Dual-function formula performs as a foundation and powder. Oil-absorbing pressed-powder makeup is great for oily skin and ideal for humid climates. Sheer to maximum coverage. Matte finish. Oil-free. I also Recommend using the Foundation Primer underneath to help it last all day!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT to say... didn't like this at first, but when applied LIGHTLY with a powder brush, this is ideal to set Merle Norman's powder base. I'm very very fair, neutral, and this is a perfect match -- which is very hard to find! Plus, this compact has lasted me a solid YEAR!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have always loved all merle norman products, and I think this is probably one of my favorites! I always use a regular foundation and apply this powder foundation over it to set it with a E.L.F. foundation brush, it works so great! The coverage is amazing, my skin looks flawless! I always get compliments everytime I wear it, try it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ran out of my previous powder foundation, and thought I'd try something new. The finish is fairly nice, kind of dry. Holds up well throughout the day on my oily skin. The SA originally matched me with a shade dark, so I took it back and had to convince her that it was too dark! I ended up getting a shade lighter which is ultra cream. I could probably go a shade down, but this one is all right. I don't want to go back again! Overall, it is a decent light to medium coverage powder foundation. The main drawback for me is the horrible smell that does not fade. Blech. I will not repurchase due to the smell and the stubborn colour challenged SA.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used this exclusively for foundation in my teens and twenties, and wore it on my wedding day. It is perfect for skin types that range from normal to oily. It absorbs oil, looks matte, and beautiful. Now that I have dry rosacea cheeks, I can't wear it there anymore - too uncomfortable. But it is perfect for the t-zone touch up. I wear the Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation in Cream mixed with a bit of darker foundation to darken it a bit, blot a couple of times a day, and use this powder in Cameo in my t-zone at lunch, perfection. About the scent, I don't care for it, but since the powder works so well, I will ignore the scent. I took one lippie off because I can't wear this on my cheeks.

I love it. Great color selection, sheer to medium coverage, cute-ish compact. It does not break out my oily skin. As with most powder foundations, it will emphasize flakiness if you have any. However it's hard to find in my area and it costs about $30. It is a great product.

EDIT: I just found a great dupe for this product. Avon's "Mark." brand makes a very similar powder foundation called Powder Buff. It's very similar and cheaper but offers a limited color selection.

This and the Sheer defense TM are all I will ever need again (well, at least for now, ha). I use the Ultra powder fndtn for "no makeup days", the Sheer defense topped with translucent powder for everyday makeup and the Sheer Defense topped with a buffing of Ultra powder for heavier photo or going out coverage. These two prducts are diamonds in the ruff for the Merle Norman brand, I really underestimated them. **UPDATE** I hate to do this really....Had to stop using this product because the talc just does not agree with me. I have tried so many times to use products with talc and they evenutally clog my pores and make me look terrible every time. If you are sensitive to Mica and/or Talc you might want to steer clear, but if you don't have problems with these ingredients then I say go for it because the powder is nice..just doesn't work for some ;(

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product, yes. Coverage is awesome, colour is pretty good (MAC NC30-35 ...got the colour ultra cream), lasts all day, doesn't feel heavy. Can cake if only used with sponge...thus I use a brush and it's perfect.
But why the heck did I end up paying $42 dollars canadian when people on here are paying about $20? It's ruining the product for me. If it were 20 I'd be in heaven.