April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great buy from mac if you have dark eyebrows. The reason I have given it a 3 for packaging is you cant tell when its going to finish, so i have to buy two each time, because the last thing you need is shading in one eyebrow before going out, and it finishes....so your left running around your house trying to find another product, but I do like the slimline design and not having to worry about a shapner...(even if i cant tell when its gonna finish :) ) I love this and havent found anything that matches my eyebrow colour and i love the control it gives me to do my arch and the tail of my eyebrow

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Annoyingly, the drugstore product I love is no longer being made (Natural Collections brow pencil at 1.50 if anyone's interested) and I have not been able to find an alternative. I have Benefit Browzings in Fair and Sleek brow palette in Dark, together I can get a good brow but it is not a speedy option!
This is just right for me. The colour is just right for me - not too warm. I sometimes find that the darkest brown brow make up is too dark, but the next lighter shade is too red. This is perfect. The crayon itself is convenient to use as it doesn't need sharpening, and has quite a soft texture meaning it blends nicely on the brow. This is good as if you make a mistake, it is easily rectifiable!

It is pricey, but obviously I have been spoilt with only paying 1.50 for so long! I don't mind paying the extra for this one, as I mentioned I have other brow make up so it should last a decent amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I have been using this crayon for some years and I like it but I have recently discovered another one that I like much more: the Browwiz of Anastasia Beverly Hills. Both look similar but Mac pencil cannot be compared to the Browwiz as the result with this one is muuuuuch more natural. I have fallen in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Removed one lippy because I wish the pencil was shaped in a more flat/oval way instead of rounded - that way I could eventually get it to be angled.

I like this. Lasts long hours. My favourite used to be the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil. I loved that it was so easy to apply, and it was the absolute perfect colour for my brows.... until I realised they photographed badly... on me anyway. In photos and under certain lighting, they'd make my brows look grey! I didn't like that and i'd heard good things about the Lingering crayon, but thought it was too light, so I went for Spiked.

I'm an Asian with black hair. I don't know if it's just me, cos I read great reviews here, but I feel this has a bit too much red in it. Think I might try Stud next.

Overall, the pencil is good though. Important to use it with a light hand. And DON'T twist it too far out. It does not go back in

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eyebrow pencil. Nice and thin and waxy. You don't have to sharpen it so no product waste. Perfect cool neutral color for brunettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sanchita777

I used to use eyebrow shadow to shade in my eyebrows. I didnt like the 'fake' pencil look on eyebrows on other people. I decided I wanted a little more definition to my eyebrows, while remaining somewhat natural looking. I went and bought this pencil, and let me tell you it is wonderful. I tried other cheap brow pencils, but they dont compare. It has to do with how thin the tip is, how it doesnt require sharpening (twist) and the ingredients. I think it has some waxy ingredients because it also helps lay my eyebrows in shape as well as define them. I also like the color lingering, because it is a lighter shade. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil! :) I was using paul brown's super wear brow marker. That was my HG product but in pics, it made my eyebrows super light and almost Gray looking. I wanted something that was dark yet still natural looking. With this pencil, you def need a light hand for it, which is great because you won't be wasting product and it'll last for awhile. If i do apply too much, I just run my spoolie through my brows. Also love the fact that it's an automatic pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening. I purchased this at a Mac store for $15+tax. Def will repurchase! :

Edit (6/17/13):
Love using this pencil to outline brows. I keep the front half clean because I like to fill rest of brow with Mac's brun eyeshadow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG for brunettes! It seems that every brow pencil out there meant for us dark-haired girls is too RED or too light, or doesn't last. I have tried many many brands, from high end to drugstore and this is the winner. I only have to buy one every 4 months or so too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mccarmelkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love,Love,LOVE this product! Bought my first MAC brow pencil back in Feb and I'm still currently still using the same one till this day! I've become obsessed with watching tut's on youtube for makeup app and I was watching "Makeup by Ren Ren" tuts and I asked her what type of brow pencil would work for my NC50 colored skin and she recommended Spiked from MAC. What I do is draw the outline of my brows w/Spiked,fill the rest in with a dark brown shadow and clean up and highlight w/my Studio finish concealer in color NW 40. I'm still perfecting the art of having flawless brows but this pencil will def help you achieve it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by caressa0706

So I've had this pencil for a few days and been using since then, and I have to say that I am impressed. It's a medium brown and shows up on my dark African-american skin. My eyebrows are black but I choose not to use so bold of a color. Anyway, the texture is a little waxy, it goes on pretty good and I love how small and precise it is! It gives me full control and allows me to mimic real brow hair. Its sorta acts as a brow tint. I fill it in but use another pencil for the tail because by the end of the day, the tail smudges off...i prefer this over powder because of the precision and overall its a VERY natural looking pencil. I will purchase again!!