April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - soak 'n' float shampoo bar

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by infernokat

I guess everyone's scalp is different, but this just did not work for me. If anything, it may have made my scalp more flaky, and my hair didn't feel particularly clean either. Bottom line: smells bad and didn't work. I'm returning it to the store and going back to my tried-and-true combo: DressGreen shampoo bars from Etsy and Big.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I find all Lush shampoo bars completely hazardous to my scalp! I've tried three of them, and not even the ones suitable for sensitive scalps were gentle enough. You might just as well use Fairy liquid.

The Soak'n'float bar is supposed to be good for dandruff and itchy scalps. It's not. I think it may work of you have a problem with microbes, but if you're just sensitive or dry itchy, then look somewhere else. Lush shampoos are not made for those of us with sensitive scalps or for those of us who care about our longer hair, but if you must, choose (wisely) one of the liquid shampoos instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had dry itchy scalp and dandruff. Had tried everything. Nothing helped. I was very sceptical towards this because of it's strong, not so pleasent smell. Well but this solved my problem!! JUST wash and rinse through a couple of times extra. And ALWAYS keep the bar tight inside the LUSH shampoo container. I LOVE u LUSH! Please MARRY ME ;) :) :-*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a dandruff problem so i decide to give this shampoo a try! I wanted to love this and hoped that it worked for me! I used one sample bar and then i brought a regular bar. Both did nothing for my scap. All it did was give it a really bad smell! i was even willing to use it even if it made my hair smell Rancid! I just though hey as long as it works and gets rid of my dandruff problem..well It didnt work and for it being close to 10.00 i will not buy this again! I only give it a 2 lippie since it is made by LUSH and i am a big fan of there products! And also since it is a solid shampoo without any packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by junkfood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had previously tried Trichomania, and that didn't work for me. So I decided to try a different solid shampoo, and went for soak n float since I have a dandruff problem.
I've finished the bar, and it's lasted a few months, but that's using it about 3-4 times a week and only on the scalp. But I used it along with Curly Wurly shampoo. This did not eliminate my dandruff, it just reduced it. But now that I'm done with the bar. Also, about the smell, I could smell it, but it wasn't really strong for me.
Overall, I liked it, but no miracles.
3.5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sleepingapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am writing this review on behalf of my husband.
He has severe psoriasis; his scalp is red and irritated, and he has a lot of flakes. He decided to give this a shot to see if it made any difference in the condition of his scalp. After about two weeks' use, he reports less itching, softer and healthier hair, less redness, and a slight decrease in flakes. He also loves the scent, but he is a man who loves smokey scotches, so I can see the appeal for him.
He also thinks it's really easy to use, and he likes the little tin! The shampoo gets stuck in the tin, so he just rubs the bar all over his head while it's still in the tin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I said I would buy this product again because I would if I needed to. The smell was just too much for me to take, it almost made me wretch each time I used it. I had to wash my hair with the bathroom window wide open in the middle of Canadian winter BUT, it literally 'cured' a dandruff problem that had appeared suddenly. After a couple applications, the itchiness, flakes and the characteristic smell on my scalp was gone. For good. Head & Shoulders did nothing at all for me. Soak 'n' Float, literally blasted the dandruff away without killing my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

on behalf of my husband...I want to thank you LUSh for making this shampoo bar. He is very happy with the result. His dandruff is gone after 1 application, his scalp is healthy (not itchy, flaky and dry anymore). FANTASTIC!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so the smell is not everyone's cup of tea (I happen to like it and find it rather comforting, but I'm also known to have no sense of smell... so....) but I really think people aren't giving this shampoo a fair shake. It absolutely works. It's been keeping my flakes at bay, and since I've run out of my bar, my hair has lost the shine and lustre that I attribute to Soak 'n' Float. It just seems so much healthier when I use it. And it doesn't contain sls. And it's environmentally friendly because the packaging a simple reusable tin. And it lasts forever so you get value for money. A couple of swipes with the bar on the top of my head and I've got more than enough lather for one wash. The bar I bought lasted me for four months. And there are reviewers here that have made it last many months longer. I think that's my only gripe with this product-I don't really know how to store it after I use it. It can get mushy and water logged fairly easily. But don't hate on it because of the smell people! It's still worth it and anyways, it really doesn't last long after you wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by chocolateapple

I recently got dandruff, I've no idea how, but was using LUSH Squeaky Green when I noticed itching and flaking, so I switched to Soak and Float, but it didn't do anything for my dandruff, and the itching has gotten worse. The smell is bad as everyone has said, but I give it a 2 because of the organic, packaging-free and no-animal testing policy of LUSH. However, using a supermarket anti-dandruff shampoo worked better in getting rid of my dandruff than Soak and Float.