September 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first i really like this product. The consistency was good, i loved the smell and i was obsessed with using it. After about 2 months, the consistency completely changed, not to the point that it was useless, but it's harder to spread around. I'll have to leave it in a warm room for awhile just to get it to work. I still love the smell, i like tropical smells anyway. For the price, it was pretty expensive. I think i paid $20, so i definitely wouldn't buy it again. I found an off brand of body butter at costco that works a little better than this one, and i paid $20 for four tubs of them!
I'm not saying don't buy this, just be careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by polisheep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

-After about a month, the butter hardened and became impossible to spread/blend! Gaw!
-I initially liked the smell, but I quickly got sick of it... Too sweet and artificial.
-For the first month it was moisturizing and absorbed ok.
-I haven't experienced the butter hardening with strawberry, cherry, and papaya scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

Go to summer lotion
- greasy on the skin for 30 minutes after application
- strong beachy coconut smell that lingers through the day (love!)
- felt like it helped when in the sun (gain some color) and sun repair (so moisturizing)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The body butter was luxurious, and really moisturized my legs and body. It was cheap and did last a good amount of time before I put it away.
The only problem I had with it was the smell. ugh! It was quite overpowering and I couldn't handle it. I didn't even finish the tub (6.7 oz). Maybe it was because it was such a large tub. It did lessen once you rubbed it in but I just didn't like the scent. So besides the scent it did a great job. It just depends on whether you appreciate the more heavy, warm scents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do like TBS body butters, some more than others. Not just because of the scent, but different ones have different textures. I did like the texture of this butter, and the scent is nice, but it is not one of my favorites. It is a true coconut scent, not too sweet, which is a problem that I have had with other coconut scented products from different lines. It does have a slight chemical odor. My favorite body butters from TBS are the Shea followed by the Brazil Nut for both scent and texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by 3Lanvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent wasn't what I was expecting, I love coconut scents - but this didn't smell like that, it was quit chemically scented. It wasn't the easiest to blend, but when you get out of the shower and your body is still wet(as your suppose to because it locks in moisture), it's easier to blend in and you don't have to use as much. As for moisturizing I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5, it moisturizes but nothing special(the moisture can last all day depending on what season it is, it doesn't last in the winter).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is my go to body moisturizer. It hydrates dry skin and will make your skin feel nice and smooth. The scent is lovely and is perfect for the summer! At first glance this product may seem a bit pricy, but it lasts a while even when used on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by milliegwen

Super mositurising, rather expensive but lasts a lifetime, a worthy investment for those with dry skin. I used E45 cream for about 3 months and it gave me the same effect as about 3 nights use of this. Beautiful when you hop out of the shower, and the wonderful coconut smell lasts all day! Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not my favorite Body Shop scent, but it's still pretty good. It does moisturize very well. I wish the packaging didn't feel so "exposed" because it seems like it can get contaminated pretty easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Love this stuff. The scent is pure summer to me. 1 application after the shower keeps my skin soft for days. Love putting some on my palms and into my hair as a leave-in conditioner. Totally tames the frizzies!!