October 23, 2014 | 2154 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

Wow,this product is somewhat popular,maybe I should try it again. I used an entire tub of it...It did nothing for me, it was sticky and uncomfortable... Odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jewell2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great product although not a rich cream its perfect against puffiness
i had a bad reaction to some eyeshadows twice i literally looked like a boxer that got hit my eyes were puffy red and itching ...i used this eyegel and the itching stopped right away the redness and the puffiness were gone the next day
since then i have bought it several times i still use a richer eye cream for moisturizing and the fine lines but this one is a keeper for sure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this a few years ago and I didn't like it at all, but maybe I just wasn't using it for what it was meant for. I was looking more for a rich moisturizing eye cream to take away fine lines and prevent wrinkles, and I didn't notice any difference in that with this cream. It tightened the skin and had a cooling effect, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Probably a good gel if you want something to tighten and firm your eye area and calm, soothe and cool and refresh, but it definitely is not a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the Body Shop classics. A great thing to keep in the refrigerator at all times, just in case. It's a light gel, to pat around the eyes, and is super refreshing. Great after a day at a computer. The small tub lasts for a very long time. Many other companies make similar refreshing gels, but IM humble O this is the best. And one of the cheapest. The other best and cheapest is St Ives Cucumber & Elastin gel.

Best kept chilled; another tip - precede this with cold teabags. Take two teabags: of the round variety and containing normal caffeinated black tea; either old pre-used ones or fresh. Run them under the cold tap, so they are cold and wet. Place on closed eyes, and keep them there for about 5 minutes. Remove, and pat the elderflower gel around eyes. Even more refreshment.

Note: this is an eye gel, for soothing and tightening; it's not a moisturising cream. At all.

Costs around EUR 7.50 / GBP 5.00 / USD 8.50.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel Distillate) (Astringent), Sambucus nigra (Elderflower water) (Natural Additive), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Imidazolidinyl Urea (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by JemmaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product for calming eyes and reducing puffiness! I don't use it to fix dark circles etc, but it does a great job when your eyes are tired or irritated. Reasonably priced too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Flahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omigod! I really think this product has made my lines disappear. I have been using it for 2-3 months and am almost at the end of the pot. I was 33 yesterday and I had noticed a fan of fine lines forming. I applied this gel liberally day and night, and I swear my lines have gone. AMAZING PRODUCT! I used to use Clarins, Este Lauder etc - all the expensive makes - but science now says they don't make much difference and no smoke or sun is your best bet. I have never smoked or sunbathed, and now I reckon your best bet is saving money and trying reputable cheaper products, whilst not letting ANY sun at your face and definitely no smoking - or sitting in smoky atmospheres!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mbwest

I know lots of people did not like this product, but I LOVED it! I am 27 so no wrinkles, but have horrible dark circles and this really helps to soothe the area and has definitely helped with the circles. It is not a miracle product, but nothing is and even Hylexin does not help with circles (I have tried it). This does not cause milia, really hydrates, and is so cheap - I will buy it as long as it is available! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by est_elle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very refreshing and light, makes my eyes slightly less puffier. However, it did nothing to my dark eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2006 3:22:00 AM More reviews by abcuio

This hydrates lightly, does not cause sensitivity, and is fastly absorbed. However, for those of us who has dark circles or other concerns, this is not even worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 12:03:00 AM More reviews by eurydice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On its own this isnt a bad product for the morning puffies. However, I've discovered a little secret that makes this product the best de-puffer of all time. I add about 15-20 drops of anti-histamine eye drops to the pot. In Australia, that means Visine (anti-histamine version). So, the routine goes like this: two drops in each eye of Visine, then I dab some 'new-improved' TBS elderflower gel with Visine under the eyes and over the eyelids. Wait 3-5 minutes. Voila! De-Puffed.