April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't own this product anymore, but I used it before I went to school for Master Esthetics. Unfortunately, this is a product that most people have used on their face. I am shocked to read that people actually use this twice a day! Everyones face has really fragile, delicate skin, especially if you have sensitive skin! This product has really large, and sharp particles that shouldn't be used for exfoliating the facial skin. It can cause damage to your skin, especially if you're aggressive. That's just a fact. I would say MAYBE it's ok for the feet, but even that is iffy. When looking for an exfoliator, you want to see how large the scrubbers are if possibles. It's best for them be really small and circular in diameter, instead of large, sharp triangular ones. Exfoliation should be done no more than twice a week. Over exfoliating can cause, breakouts, dryness, and damage to the skin. Needless to say, this is a horrible product, and it shouldn't be allowed to be sold anymore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when this was the hype amongst us girls. It was the must have scrub and back then it probably was the best budget beauty buy. Now I think it's a decent scrub that looks nice, smells nice but does nothing remarkable. I found the beads a bit too rough and uncomfortable to massage into my face. This was made more apparent when I switched over to Dermalogica Microfoliant - my hero product! I think if you're travelling and you want something simple and basic to get you through, this would be a good scrub to take.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I'm in love with the St Ives Apricot Scrub . The first time I used it I was at my boyfriends house and I noticed his mom had it in the bathroom . The reason why I used it was because my face was peeling around my lips and forehead . I used it and I noticed right away that the parts of my face that were peeling went away my face felt really smooth and after that I went and bought the 6 oz one . My face feels so smooth now and my face has not peeled since I been using it . Since it is now winter I use it almost every day because my face tends to peel , if I was to run out of this I would go and buy more at my local CVS . Best Face Scrub EVER !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Camilascarlett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think a large amount of negativity about this product of any other strong exfoliant is that people use it incorrectly. I find this scrub leaves my skin feeling truly refreshed, i can defiantly feel the layers i've scrubbed off, and to rid yourself of dead skin and dirt is a good thing! HOWEVER as a 16 year old I used this on my face everyday and 100% agree that using it to that extent is harmful for the skin, and can cause breakouts.

That being said, i've since limited myself to using it once a week, which I find works fabulously, it never irritates my skin and still leaves me feeling extremely refreshed. They do sell versions of the product for sensitive skin that are more gentle, but with my fair skin using once a week keeps my skin wonderfully balanced.

Would recommend and buy again ALWAYS.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I wash my face with this every night! I love it keeps my face oil Fred thru the night and I don't break out as much

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Classiccrime

I've seen a lot of negative comments about this product. I've never had any problem, in fact, it's the best I've used. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and soft. My skin also gets dry, from living in the desert, this product takes away any skin flakes and dryness. I'm not sure, how hard other people scrub this to give themselves problems, but it's absolutely amazing for me. Plus, the bottle lasts for a very long time!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MarcosAntonioG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using one of their scrubs , The timless skin one, and have loved the results I've seen so far. I've only been using about a week and a half and have noticed a major diffence in my skin. My skin glows and looks smoother now. Plus i have hyperpigmentation marks on my face from past acne cysts :/ and its helped reduce the redness a bit as well ^_^. will defently buy again great price and works great

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by brittanysc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years and definitely haven't noticed any damage. If anything, the three months I stopped using it were HORRIBLE. I never realized how much it was working until I stopped using it. Most products aren't "good" or "bad," it varies per person and whether or not you use it correctly. I will definitely continue to use this and enjoy smooth skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe people use this crap on their face! This stuff has huge chunks of abrasiveness that can potentially leave ones skin in a really bad crater busted capillary state. I used this on my feet and was awful just awful my feet have never been so abused. I tossed the tube with a quickness! I'm all for exfoliation and I know a girl or guy has to keep the skin nice and supple but this stuff can and will CUT you. This scrub should come with a warning label. The horror!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells great and I thought it was doing really well for my skin. However, I've read more about it and it seems that the beads are too rough for skin and it shouldn't be used for exfoliation, even if you feel like it's doing a good job. I used to use this once every 1-2 weeks but I completely stopped and did notice my skin looking better because I bought a gentler exfoliation product.