St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 2/9/2015 10:03:00 PM

This has been a staple in my household since I was 13 years old going in to high school. I do not use this product daily but you will always find it in my bathroom cupboard and I use it a couple times a week. For under 5$ you can't really go wrong. My face feels fresh and clean after use. Wouldn't recommend using this everyday, it would most definitely dry out your skin which would cause problems. Love St.Ives it is my favourite low price point brand that I will continue to use probably forever.

on 2/3/2015 4:17:00 AM

I bought this cult favourite when my skin was looking congested thanks to use of a Clearasil Cleanser. This cleared my pores and made my skin look bright and awake. I would not recommend this as a daily scrub, but one that should be used three times a week. I found this scrub particularly useful on hot, sweaty days or on days when I wore a lot of makeup. I would recommend this to those with combination or oily skin. It really is worth the hype.

on 2/2/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the ex-boyfriend of face products that you really love for stupid reasons and you just can't stop coming back to them, even though you know they're bad for you. I have to admit, I have done a lot of research on this and all professionals say it's too harsh and can cause micro tears in the skin. But there's just something about it I can't get enough of! I'm a sucker for a good scrub every now and then and I've never found one I like as much as this. The smell is to die for, the texture is just right, and the packaging and price are awesome. I have to admit that my face glows after I use this...though I've graduated to using it just on my chest and body for the most part. I don't know, I guess I'll just keep buying it until I have a problem with it...sigh.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this scrub. It is a staple in my house, even though I do not find it to be amazing by any means. The price is certainly right.

The fragrance is nice, and the formula does not break out my skin. Sometimes I switch this one up with the apricot scrub meant for blemish control if I am experiencing a break out.

The only main drawback of this scrub is that it doesn't do a good job of exfoliating my dry skin in winter. I feel like the amount of scrubby particles in the product is lacking - the product is mostly "lotion". I apply this to my skin in small circular motions, but most of my skin isn't touched by the exfoliating particles, only certain portions of my face are, because there are so few of them in it. Therefore, in the winter, my skin remains flaky if it is dry.

I do like to use this when my skin isn't so dry, and it is perfect for a mild exfoliator.

The exfoliating particles themselves are not too scratchy, so compared to other exfoliators, I find this one to be gentle and I don't think it is doing any harm to my skin.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I used to use this scrub like crazy (nostalgia reasons, I guess) and I don't think it damaged my skin but it dried it out a lot. There are better scrubs out there.

on 1/21/2015 8:24:00 PM

I have been using this face wash religiously for about 10 years now and I still love it! The beads are a little big, but I like it since I feel like it scrubs and cleans my face more. It smells really good and leaves your face soft. I started using this in high school when I had horrible acne everywhere, and it really did help clear my acne. I used it twice a day while scrubbing gently as to not irritate my acne prone at the time. Now that I only get hormonal acne, I use it every other day and still works really well. I also got my boyfriend to use it and he loves it as much as I do.

on 1/10/2015 10:42:00 PM

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" Yes. I have - about 1,000 times. This has been my #1 face cleanser for about 15 years. I have combination skin, very acne prone. This product works wonderfully in combination with my topical prescription acne medication (combination antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide). I find that I need extra exfoliation with the turnaround my face presents. It is an incredibly gritty paste that, when used gently, has given me wonderful results. The scent and package have changed a few times since I started using it and I still miss some of the older formulations though I've hardly noticed a difference in the results. This is the cheapest and most accessible product that I could find for daily use.

on 1/9/2015 10:42:00 PM

While I was using this scrub (2-3 times a week), I found my face to feel a lot greasier than usual. I used up a whole bottle and I would definitely recommend this only to people with tough skin, not gentle.

on 1/2/2015 10:15:00 AM

I liked this when I was a teenager. It didn't give me spectacular results but it was decent enough and I liked the scent. Now I just use a facial BufPuf along with my facial wash of choice when I want to exfoliate.

I'm almost done with the jar I have but overall it hasn't really been great. It made my skin looking bright and soft after I had used it but for only awhile. It got rid of some of my acne but the smaller ones. I still have problems with my chin, the side of my face and some acne on my forehead. So no, I didn't really like it.