St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 10/11/2014 6:49:00 PM

I felt a bit apprehensive about buying this scrub, but I felt that it was something that I had to try myself after reading all of these varying reviews. From what I can tell here, you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. I have acne-prone combination skin that is extremely sensitive to chemical exfoliants (they dry out my skin, cause rough red patches, and break me out even when I properly moisturize after use), so physical exfoliants work the best on my skin.

I've found that this scrub works really well for me, and I have been using it for about a month now. I use it before bed whenever my skin begins feeling rough, which is usually every other day. It smells amazing and makes my skin feel wonderfully smooth. My acne has lessened; if I use it when I have a breakout beginning, I can expect to wake up in the morning with my skin looking significantly better (although I have been using the fresh face version rather than blemish control).

It is incredibly important to use it *gently*! If you scrub super hard, you'll definitely damage your skin and experience breakouts, as with any other physical exfoliant. I also use a gentle soap after use, since I'm not sure of how cleansing this scrub necessarily is. Absolutely make sure to moisturize! I haven't had any issues with drying, but I can see how this might be an issue for people with different skin types. Personally, I love this scrub, but it is by no means for everyone.

on 10/9/2014 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't believe people still use this product. Nostalgia, maybe? I don't know. I'm an esthetician and everyone in my field despises this stuff. It doesn't exfoliate your skin, it injures it. It is far too harsh for any skin type. Try a sugar scrub, or a clarisonic, or a chemical exfoliant! But crushed up nuts and cornmeal, really? I know a lot of people associate that scrubby feeling with a deep clean, but if your exfoliation is hurting or uncomfortable, you are NOT helping your skin, you are DAMAGING it. Seriously, ditch this stuff ASAP!

on 10/9/2014 7:37:00 PM

I think I've been using this product for about 20 years. When I was younger and had oily skin, it kept my skin clean and from breaking out. As I have aged, it has become a great exfoliator for my face and body.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Reading reviews for scrubs, and when I saw St. Ives Apricot Scrub listed, had to write a review to warn people with sensitive skin to run from this product.

I have a vivid memory of using this scrub several years ago. My skin is dry and sensitive, and doesn't do well with abrasive products and washcloths of a rough texture. This scrub feels like blunt sharp objects are being rubbed over my skin. After rinsing, noticed tiny, minute abrasions on a couple areas of my skin. Horrible stuff!

Would not recommend for any skin type based on my experience.

on 10/7/2014 8:47:00 PM

My 55 year old skin likes that scrub. It exfoliates with vigor and leaves my face fresh and clean. Always revert to this scrub.

I don't like this product. It is too rough and I get acne right after I use it. Don't recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This scrub has been in my skin products stash for years. I used it regularly as a teen, but have since stopped using it only because I started trying new products. This scrub always kept my skin smooth. I really feel like it brightens up my complexion. I recently came across an old tub I had laying around and used it again and viola my skin felt nice and smooth again. It does a great job washing away oiliness and flakey skin without drying out skin. I make sure to use it GENTLY, never scrubbing hard, and I've had no problems with this causing any irritation. I do avoid using it on active pimples/whiteheads. During winter months I use this scrub on my elbows and feet - feels good to scrub away the dry skin.

on 9/23/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Scatchy and mechanical as all-heck - not a holy grail but OK for feet and body. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Way too harsh.

on 9/20/2014 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Feels really nice and I wanted to like it... But it breaks out my skin.

on 9/16/2014 5:25:00 PM

I was so surprised to read all of the negative reviews! I have used this face scrub nearly every day for the past five or six years and my skin has never been clearer! It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and I've found that it helps to balance my skin as well (prior to using it I had very patchy oily/dry skin). I've tried countless other face cleansers and none of them come close to St. Ives! I would definitely recommend this product (: