September 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product removed all makeup and residue very well, but unfortunately it completely stripped my skin and left it feeling very dry and tight. Must be because SLS is the main ingredient. Might work well for very oily skins, but my combination skin didn't tolerate it well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Count me as one of the fans of this terrific cleanser! Packaging says that it has a "rich foaming lather" and "rinses clean". I'm not extremely impressed with the lather (not too much lather here), but I also know that something doesn't necessarily HAVE to lather to be a good cleanser. As others have noted, it is fragrance-free and rinses clean and is also very gentle (my skin has had some BAD BAD reactions to other products). I would also note that I have sensitive combination skin - some oily patches, but also I worry about drying out other parts of my face (cheeks especially) and just accelerating the darned aging process. This product, however, works well for me - no funny dry or itchy-scaly patches with continued use and...well, just a nice clean face after I use it. Some may want to note that the second ingredient listed is sodium laureth sulfate (I think some people prefer cleansers w/o SLS?). Overall, a real find!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tw

I alternate this with Philosophy's Purity and Basis' Cleaner Clean wash. It's too foamy, but even if I get it in my eyes, it doesn't burn like Basis does. It's sort of halfway between the other two products and I can use it year round. It gets rid of a day's worth of grease and makeup and doesn't irritate. It doesn't aggravate my acne, either. It sometimes doesn't get rid of all my mascara or waterproof eyeliner, but only Purity is 100% reliable for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

I have sensitive skin and wanted a sudsing cleanser that would not irritate and would clean without stripping- this satisfies. My face feels clean and my skin is soft and calm. No perfume to irritate.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jubil8tion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using Acne Free's 3 Step System for a little over a year when my skin started to freak out. After washing with their cleanser, my face would feel dry and itchy and look red. It got so bad that I only used it once a day to remove my makeup (I didn't have anything else and plain old water wasn't working. :T ) I knew I had to find something else fast.

After reading the comments from other reviewers with sensitive skin on MUA, I decided to try it out. I couldn't find it at any of the local Targets, Walgreens, or RiteAids; but I was able to find it on Drugstore.com.

It comes in a pump bottle. I do not detect a smell. Lathers nicely. Feels light on my skin. Its look reminds me of liquid hand soap.

It's been about a week and so far so good. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination (but mostly oily) skin. I use it 1. in the morning, 2. to wash off my make-up when I get home, and 3. at night before I go to sleep. My skin feels 'fine' after I use it - no dry feeling, no itchiness, and much less redness than I had with the Acne Free Cleanser. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rayaeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oddly enough, this is an essential part of my fall/winter regimen. I say oddly because it's not really moisturizing. However, it doesn't strip my skin either, even when I take my time and play around with the suds. I use it with a moisturizer and my skin behaves. It doesn't work as well in the summer for me. I start breaking out in a weird rash. Maybe my need to wear a moisturizer with it leads to product overload in the summer heat but it is what it is. I'm happy to have something that works in colder weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As my skin ages and starts drying out, I really need a mild cleanser. Sadly, this cleanser completely dries my skin. Admittedly, this cleanser really gets all my make-up off, but it's not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ProductNymphet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my favorite cleanser. I started using it after I read it was recommended in “the skin type solution”. I have somewhat sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I wear a full face of makeup daily and this stuff really removes all of my makeup and washes off clean. For those of you that use the clarisonic, this cleanser compliments it very nicely. Also, this face cleanser suds up very nicely without over drying. Like many other reviewers I would not call it hydrating either but it is very gentle. I’ve used many high end cleansers for oil/acne including Murad, Proactive & Roden and Fields and this drugstore find tops all of them by far. I also find it to be better than everyone’s no fail Cetaphil (sensitive formula) I never felt like Cetaphil got my skin clean and it left a residue. The drugstores in my area don’t carry this particular cleanser so I have to order it from Drugstore.com. I actually had to use one of my high end cleansers while awaiting the arrival of this product and my skin started to slowly breakout again. This is clearly a winner for results and being cheap!

Update 11/25/07:

I still love this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in love with this cleanser. It is not exactly "hydrating," but it doesn't strip my face of moisture like the Clean & Clear Sensitive that I *thought* was my HG. I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and it loves this product. I use this morning and night. It foams nicely, gets off my mascara and sunscreen, and rinses completely off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by annawil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. I’ve struggled with acne and eczema for years. I use this morning and night with a toner and moisturizer. This removes all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. It has never irritated my eyes. While I wouldn’t say this adds moisture to my face, it definitely doesn’t strip it. In the winter I do have to use a heavier moisturizer to keep the eczema at bay. It doesn’t work up to the biggest lather I’ve ever seen, but it rinses completely clean. This is a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin at a great price. My only complaint is that I wish the pump had a different closing style to make it easier to close for travel without wasting product. That said, I’d be completely heartbroken if Eucerin ever stopped producing this!

I've heard a lot of people complain about this product having SLS as its second ingredient. But, the ingredient is actually SLES not SLS.