April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by wrbtu

I have sensitive skin and wanted a sudsing cleanser that would not irritate and would clean without stripping- this satisfies. My face feels clean and my skin is soft and calm. No perfume to irritate.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jubil8tion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using Acne Free's 3 Step System for a little over a year when my skin started to freak out. After washing with their cleanser, my face would feel dry and itchy and look red. It got so bad that I only used it once a day to remove my makeup (I didn't have anything else and plain old water wasn't working. :T ) I knew I had to find something else fast.

After reading the comments from other reviewers with sensitive skin on MUA, I decided to try it out. I couldn't find it at any of the local Targets, Walgreens, or RiteAids; but I was able to find it on Drugstore.com.

It comes in a pump bottle. I do not detect a smell. Lathers nicely. Feels light on my skin. Its look reminds me of liquid hand soap.

It's been about a week and so far so good. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination (but mostly oily) skin. I use it 1. in the morning, 2. to wash off my make-up when I get home, and 3. at night before I go to sleep. My skin feels 'fine' after I use it - no dry feeling, no itchiness, and much less redness than I had with the Acne Free Cleanser. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rayaeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oddly enough, this is an essential part of my fall/winter regimen. I say oddly because it's not really moisturizing. However, it doesn't strip my skin either, even when I take my time and play around with the suds. I use it with a moisturizer and my skin behaves. It doesn't work as well in the summer for me. I start breaking out in a weird rash. Maybe my need to wear a moisturizer with it leads to product overload in the summer heat but it is what it is. I'm happy to have something that works in colder weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As my skin ages and starts drying out, I really need a mild cleanser. Sadly, this cleanser completely dries my skin. Admittedly, this cleanser really gets all my make-up off, but it's not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ProductNymphet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my favorite cleanser. I started using it after I read it was recommended in “the skin type solution”. I have somewhat sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I wear a full face of makeup daily and this stuff really removes all of my makeup and washes off clean. For those of you that use the clarisonic, this cleanser compliments it very nicely. Also, this face cleanser suds up very nicely without over drying. Like many other reviewers I would not call it hydrating either but it is very gentle. I’ve used many high end cleansers for oil/acne including Murad, Proactive & Roden and Fields and this drugstore find tops all of them by far. I also find it to be better than everyone’s no fail Cetaphil (sensitive formula) I never felt like Cetaphil got my skin clean and it left a residue. The drugstores in my area don’t carry this particular cleanser so I have to order it from Drugstore.com. I actually had to use one of my high end cleansers while awaiting the arrival of this product and my skin started to slowly breakout again. This is clearly a winner for results and being cheap!

Update 11/25/07:

I still love this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in love with this cleanser. It is not exactly "hydrating," but it doesn't strip my face of moisture like the Clean & Clear Sensitive that I *thought* was my HG. I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and it loves this product. I use this morning and night. It foams nicely, gets off my mascara and sunscreen, and rinses completely off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by annawil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. I’ve struggled with acne and eczema for years. I use this morning and night with a toner and moisturizer. This removes all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. It has never irritated my eyes. While I wouldn’t say this adds moisture to my face, it definitely doesn’t strip it. In the winter I do have to use a heavier moisturizer to keep the eczema at bay. It doesn’t work up to the biggest lather I’ve ever seen, but it rinses completely clean. This is a great gentle cleanser for sensitive skin at a great price. My only complaint is that I wish the pump had a different closing style to make it easier to close for travel without wasting product. That said, I’d be completely heartbroken if Eucerin ever stopped producing this!

I've heard a lot of people complain about this product having SLS as its second ingredient. But, the ingredient is actually SLES not SLS.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by diamondgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS PRODUCT IS VERY MISLEADING I HAVE DRY ACNE PRONE SKIN AND IT ONLY MADE IT WORSE I USED IT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I DEVELOPED WHAT LOOKED LIKE ECZEMA UNDER MY RIGHT EYE AND ALSO ON ONE OF MY CHEEKS. DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT I ONLY WASH MY FACE ONCE DAILY AT NIGHT SO IT ISN'T FROM OVERWASHING AND I DON'T USE ANY ACNE TREATMENTS EITHER. SO I STOPPED USING THIS ABOUT FOUR DAYS AGO AND NOW THE ECZEMA IS GONE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this cleanser is for people who like Cetaphil, but feel like sometimes it doesn't rinse clean enough. Maybe for drier skinned people during the summer months? Or for acne prone people who want to make sure they don't use something too harsh?

This cleanser is foamy and rinses clean without making my combination skin feel tight. It was the slightly more rinsable version of Cetaphil that I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by magnoliabloom

This cleanser didn't further strip my already dry skin - which, for its price, is not bad. I am also extremely acne prone and I haven't noticed any new breakouts with this cleanser. If it were actually hydrating that might be nice, but I'll settle for "not drying."