Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

3.9

Active Ingredients: Triclosan Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May Contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate

on 7/18/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best cleanser I have ever used! I have acne-prone skin. I pretty much only break out on my cheek area, and that's probably the worst area to break out. Though I don't have bad acne, I still felt insecure at points. After trying, clinique, proactiv, Kate sommerville, neutrogena, natura bisse, kaneno Sensai, okay...you get the point. This mixed into my regimen has given the best skin I have ever had. It looks absolutely amazing. I want to help others as much as I can, cause I know how it feels. So I'll write my regimen here, it's very inexpensive, sans one product.
So first, I remove my foundation every night with Shu Uemura's cleansing beauty oil in the green tea version (which is the best makeup remover I've ever used, and keeps my skin SO clear and soft) and also the most expensive, retailing at about 130, but lasts forever. Then I get my cetaphil cleanser and wash my face with my clairasonic, after that I tone about 3 times, depending on my mood. One with a green tea bag, then lit it dry, then with my oolong tea bag, then let it dry, then with my Thayers Alchohol Free Witchazel toner with aloe vera, I let that dry, then apply my Neutrogena 3-in-1 hydrating acne treatment (works wonders for redness and bumps) then I moisturize with my Dermalife skin care formula with vitamins moisturizer (found at whole foods) and that's it. Weekly I use Kate Sommerville's exfoliate to slouch off dead skins cells. But this regimen has left my skin 'clean, clear, and undercontrol' everything is extremely affordable, minus Shu Uemura, which is very worth it, cause it'll last probably more than a year! And the Clairasonic is something everyone should have, cause it'll work wonders for your skin. :) I hope this helps someone! Let me know :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I switched to this cleanser after my dermatologist told me to do so due to a new skin routine.
I was really scared this wouldn't work/break me out because it wouldn't mesh well or wouldn't be strong enough.
I was very surprised that it works very well. Lathers up nicely, I feel it cleaning and leaves my skin smooth, without drying or anything.

Since my skin is acne prone and sensitive, I'm very weary of trying completely new products. I thought I needed something almost to the harsh side to battle any skin problems and I was proved wrong.

I do see that it takes off my makeup decently. But honestly, if you're looking for a face wash to do everything for you, you're going to be disappointed quite often. That's why they make makeup removing products. So don't expect this to be an all-in-one.

I gave it a four because obviously, it doesn't exfoliate. I think that I may use a wash cloth with the soap from now on to cover that.

I don't thank this soap for being the sole cause of my skin improving but it DOES help. With other products, this is very gentle and wouldn't irritate the skin.

on 7/2/2011 2:42:00 PM

This is great for my sensitive skin. It never breaks me out and i've used it for years. I sometmes switch it up though and use the liquid cleanser for normal to oily skin in the summer because I'm often oily in my T-zone. The cleansing bar helps with that too, however, it sometimes becomes too dry after extended use which is why i rated it a 4 instead of 5.

p.s.- for those concerned about the price of the bar, try Basis brand gentle cleansing bar. similar results, similar product, but usually costs less =)

on 5/24/2011 10:00:00 PM

I use this as a body soap.
Thus antibacterial soap has been amazing! I use primarily on my underarms and feet. I feel fresher and use less deodorant. Love!

I've been using this product for almost a year now, and I LOVE IT!! My dermatologist recommended it last summer when I broke out in huge, red cystic acne on my forehead between my eyebrows. I've never had terrible acne problems before, just one or two pimples during my t.o.m. My bathroom featured just about every drugstore acne product available, nothing seemed to work. I started using this as my cleanser every morning and night, and my face started clearing up (with the help of neutrogena acne stress control toner). I don't know why this combo worked, because cetaphil is not medicated. Maybe i needed the acne medication to sit on my face for longer as opposed to washing it right off. I must say, though, that my acne is not genetic, and was probably caused by sweat and bacteria, which is why this product worked for me. This product lathers easily, takes off most of my makeup except mascara and eyeliner of course, has a pleasant smell (though this might not be a good thing for sensitive skin), and leaves the skin feeling clean and refreshed. Only issue is that it does get soft and mushy easily if left in water. I use a soap dish with perforations at the bottom to drain the excess water and keep it dry. Nevertheless, this product is a definite repurchase!!

on 3/19/2011 9:54:00 AM

I like the Cetaphil liquid cleanser for dry skin as well, but I don't have overly dry skin. I use the liquid when my face feels more irritated or if I have used a peel recently. I have used the Basis bars before as well as one from Clinique (years ago) and many other types from health food stores, etc, but the Cetaphil bar has always been better IMO.

Since the liquid does not take off makeup I use the antibacterial Cetaphil soap for everyday cleansing. I use it on my face, neck, and upper back. Even though it says it is for dry sensitive skin, I have always found it suitable for oily skin/combo as well. I started using it many years ago, but I like to switch up with other cleansers to try new stuff.

The bar lasts forever, and it will not melt away to nothing when it gets wet. I know a lot of people cringe over bars because they think a lot of germs are on them, but studies have shown that they don't necessarily collect more germs than a hand pump. The bar is antibacterial, so it shouldn't do that anyway.

This is a cheap gentle cleanser that will take off makeup and leave the skin nice and soft. I have no problems using it along with BP creams for acne. It leaves no residue or film behind- just clean skin.

Pros:
not as drying
pleasant smell
makes skin soft right after washing it off (for me)
cleans well

Cons:
makes my eyes sting
it melts like OMG! and this is one of my main reasons why i wouldn't repurchase (i use a plastic soap container)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i HATED this. It was really cheap, and I was looking for a basic cleanser after a bad reaction to Noxema. This was about $2 and some odd change. At first, I thought this wasn't so bad. However, after about a week or so, I started breaking out with new blemishes using this, especially on my skin. I was very disappointed! I use this on my body now.

on 3/3/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My dermatologist recommended this Cetaphil cleansing bar for my skin when I had bad acne issues. I don't have acne as much anymore, only occasional break outs, but I still use this as my daily morning/night cleanser. My skin feels very clean afterwards, without any residual feeling. It rinses off easily. It's gentle and not over-drying. Although the box states "for sensitive DRY skin" I have oily skin, but still use it without complaints. It doesn't make my face any oilier than if I used a different soap specifically for oily skin (ie Neutrogena or something). It's somewhat foamy, if you like a good lather, this can do it. I use it with a soft baby face cloth to really work up a good scrub. Whenever I don't use it for an extended amount of time, I notice pimples do resurface, so I guess after all these years it's safe to say antibacterial Cetaphil helps keep my acne at bay.

on 12/12/2010 3:07:00 PM

This has been great for my acne prone face. Cheap and easy to find.