September 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by msiloveicecream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
not as drying
pleasant smell
makes skin soft right after washing it off (for me)
cleans well

Cons:
makes my eyes sting
it melts like OMG! and this is one of my main reasons why i wouldn't repurchase (i use a plastic soap container)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i HATED this. It was really cheap, and I was looking for a basic cleanser after a bad reaction to Noxema. This was about $2 and some odd change. At first, I thought this wasn't so bad. However, after about a week or so, I started breaking out with new blemishes using this, especially on my skin. I was very disappointed! I use this on my body now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this Cetaphil cleansing bar for my skin when I had bad acne issues. I don't have acne as much anymore, only occasional break outs, but I still use this as my daily morning/night cleanser. My skin feels very clean afterwards, without any residual feeling. It rinses off easily. It's gentle and not over-drying. Although the box states "for sensitive DRY skin" I have oily skin, but still use it without complaints. It doesn't make my face any oilier than if I used a different soap specifically for oily skin (ie Neutrogena or something). It's somewhat foamy, if you like a good lather, this can do it. I use it with a soft baby face cloth to really work up a good scrub. Whenever I don't use it for an extended amount of time, I notice pimples do resurface, so I guess after all these years it's safe to say antibacterial Cetaphil helps keep my acne at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by eebalch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been great for my acne prone face. Cheap and easy to find.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Carrielynn1212

I had such high hopes for this product after reading all the ratings. However, it's been about a week and my skin is in worse condition than when I started. I have such picky skin; it reacts to everything. I am also one of the strange dry skin/acne prone people and i've been trying everything to fix this. I get all types of zits, but mostly stubborn cysts that nothing seems to work on.
The box claims that this is for dry and sensitive skin, which is exactly what I have. However, it dries me out SO bad, which is not good because I am stripping my skin of it's natural oils and then have to overcompensate with moisturizer. My skin texture and tone are the worst it's been in a long time, and various cysts keep popping up...just can't continue this. Time to try a new cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Sparklinglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! have tried so many cleansers that have not worked or just broke me out more.. this product has worked better than any other and has helped control my breakouts! not to drying either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as both a facial cleanser and total body soap for about five years now, it has helped clear up my complexion but is not drying or harsh. LOVE IT. It is a bit pricey, but if you buy from target or walmart or amazon, you can save quite a few $$.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Jess718

Hi. I'm a new member to MakeupAlley and this is my first time reviewing a product, so please bare with me. =) I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. I've used so many products on the market from ProActiv to Clean and Clear and Noxema.. the list goes on and on, but they've all had the same reaction to my skin. They would work for a couple of months and just when I thought my search for the "perfect" skin product was over they would fail me. I've heard so many great reviews on the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar so I decided to purchase it. I've been using it for a few days now, but while some areas of my face have cleared up I've noticed that two new pimples have formed elsewhere. Lots of people say to give it time and I'll begin to see progression. Others say that the product is supposed to bring out the acne and then it will begin the healing process. I would normally at least try and give it some time, but I'm standing up in a wedding in 2 weeks and it is very important that I get my skin as clear as I possibly can. I am very desperate. I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who has used the product and can let my know if my reaction to it is normal and that it in fact will get better or if I should just toss it. I'm stumped!! If anyone can share anything with me I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is what my dermatologist recommends for acne, I guess because it's antibacterial. I have to say that I don't enjoy that this is a bar soap vs a liquid one, but if this is supposed to clear acne (with a little help) than I will use it. I have been seeing a difference in my skin - wether or not it's from this (I don't think it is though), but I suppose it is helping.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bekah54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as my body soap for many years now. It prevents my back from breaking-out. It moisturizing for the rest of my body and it smell clean (kinda like Dove).