December 21, 2014 | 1636 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank god for this stuff. I will repurchase this for as long as i need something to remove makeup. I always used makeup remover pads which just left my sensitive skin irritated and dry. I use this every night and wipe it off with a warm wash cloth, leaving my skin moisturized and soft. I don't like how unhygienic the tube is, but the product literally melts my makeup off. i love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Price:
12 bucks, which can be expensive for drugstore. You do get a ton of product, though.

Packaging:
A humongous tub of goop. Clunky, unsanitary, impossible to travel with. But again, you do get a lot of product. The lid is a screw on/off cap that I had some difficulty getting off at first--make sure your hands are completely dry, or else the lid won't budge.

REVIEW

My skin type: extremely cloggy, little/no inflammatory acne, combination/dry.

Albolene clogged me literally overnight, within just hours of wear. I am so disappointed, because this product is absolutely wonderful for getting rid of dry patches and keeping skin hydrated sans moisturizer. But seriously, never have I ever had a reaction so instantaneous and so bad to a product...except for pure glycerin moisturizer.

Don't swear off of Albolene if you really are deadset on trying this cleanser. Just please, patch test!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Far too expensive for the ingredients. They are cheap ingredients, so it's basically a rip off. Pond's cold cream does the same thing, or original Nivea. I hate to break it to people, but mineral oil and petrolatum are not that good for your skin.
This product consists of mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin (oil), cerosine, and beta carotene.

"The cheapest way to make a moisturising cream is to use Paraffin Oil, also called Mineral Oil, which is derived from petroleum.

Most pharmacy creams use this oil, and add very small amounts of other ingredients for their label. This makes a very inexpensive cream, but not necessarily a product that is good for the skin.

The link between poorly refined mineral oil (Paraffin Oil) and health problems such as eczema is well documented in various peer reviewed studies. For more info click here for a study done by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

The following study found that "Analyses of mineral oils used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes reveal the presence of several carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons." Click here for link to the full report.

A cream routinely given to children with eczema may actually cause them more harm than good. A survey of 100 British children treated with aqueous cream (Paraffin Oil and Water) has found it irritated over half of them. Their symptoms ranged from redness and itchiness to burning and stinging, which risk making their condition worse. Writing in The Pharmaceutical Journal, the researchers urged patients and clinicians to be aware of the problem." Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3244814.stm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About 3 weeks ago, I had a chemical burn/reaction on my face from using a new skincare line. I woke up to my face red and itchy, and hard to the touch. It felt like several bees have stung my face. It hurt so bad nothing, not even my most sensitive facial cleansers were able to calm my skin. For several hours, I tried many things: honey (because its supposedly good for burns), oatmeal (because its antimicrobial and very gentle) but nothing worked to truly calm my skin down. Then I researched what would work for chemical burns on the skin. Someone posted that paraffin is great for calming redness and burns. I have both Aquaphor and Albolene for my ezcema, but only Albolene has paraffin in it. So I put it on my face and boy, did it feel great. Though it felt like I was rubbing oil all over it, it instantly calmed my skin down and I stayed home and slathered it all over my face. I even slept with the oily product, not caring what it would do to my pillow. After 2-3 days my face was slowly peeling and coming back to normal. Though I rarely use this product on a daily basis, I come back to it when my skin it extremely dry. I use it as a moisturizer when I'm very dry, even though I have acne-proned skin and it doesn't break me out. One of the best uses of this product is actually adding it onto the St. Ives scrub. Usually that scrub it very harsh on my face and leaves me very dry rinsing. When I apply a scoop of Albolene along with the scrub, my face is left smooth and hydrated and so far it's done wonders for my dry, yet acneic skin. I paid about $12.99 at Rite Aid but it's found in many drugstores. It is truly a great product with many uses, and it has very minimal ingredients. I would recommend this to just about anyone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is too messy to use and the tissue off action irritates my skin though it remove makeup beautifully.

I am oily very acne prone skin but I am loving this. I use this as my sole cleanser. That is, I don't use another foaming cleanser to remove the oily film left behind after Albolene because my skin is also prone to flakes and dryness due to tretinoin treatment and I don't want to strip off all oils. I already can tell my skin is loving it although I have only used it for 3 days.

Highly recommend if you can tolerate mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuffs helping me LOSE WEIGHT!!!! Thank you ginabinawina99 of yt for introducing me to this gem. Yes it takes the toughest, waterproof makeup off easily & completely, yes it leaves my skin soft like a babys butt & yes this saves me on the nights I have no energy for a wash & rinse but the best selling point is its helping me lose those darn love handles finally! Albolene is made of mineral oil and paraffin that liquefies on contact with skin, so trouble areas that retain water can naturally sweat more and burn inches. They call this the blanket effect & the website has a 5 day challenge that convinces me that majority of users also see a dramatic difference.

Personally, I basically apply this on my tummy, then I wear the McDavid waist trimmer, made of neoprene & bought on amazon for around $12 and do cardio for about 30 mins. I work up a good sweat & believe this helped me lose the first few lbs/inches finally. Its probably water weight & temporary, but its a start & I'm planning on continuing to keep up the regimen. I'm so glad I bought this ($12 for 12 oz at CVS) vs the Sweet Sweat ($50 for 13.5 oz at GNC).

Lastly, if your wondering how to use this as a cleanser/moisturizer: its a one step process. I got the unscented (beware of the scented one--barbershop shaving cream overdose), its a clear gel (vaseline look a like, but much lighterrr in consistency) that you rub & apply directly to dry skin, massage in & wipe off with a tissue. NO water, rinsing or towel drying of face is required. It really does leave a film of undetected moisture in, so I can skip my night cream too. Perfect for long days that I just want to jump into bed, without letting the makeup removal/cleansing to wake me up fully first ;P

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years. Every time I try something else, I end up being underwhelmed, and return to this wondering how I ever gave it up in the first place. I have normal/dry skin, so I can't speak for oily people here, but this works so well for me. It takes all of my makeup off, and leaves my skin feeling super soft, which is a miracle in the winter time. I also haven recurring patches of eczema around my eyes, and I notice it always returns when I stop using this. I haven eczema on my hands too, and I find that if I put a good layer of this on my hands, then sleep with gloves on, I can keep it under control.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not reviewing this product as a makeup remover, but as a treatment for eczema (it is marketed as this as well). I have not really used it as a makeup remover but after reading the reviews on here I may give it a try. I had this weird rash on my arms for months, it was very very red, itchy, bumpy, and irritated. I went to the doctor several times and they gave me cortisone treatments (creams) of increasing strength to try to get rid of the rash. They did not work. Although I and the doctors were not certain, it seemed like it may have been a bad case of eczema. After about a month of experimenting with the different cortisones, I started getting nervous about my skin thinning, etc. Plus it wasn't really getting any better. So basically I stopped using any cleanser on the area in the shower (it was just my arm/elbow area so no biggie) and then after getting out of the shower used albolene. My skin got better within a couple of weeks. It stayed better for quite a while, and only recently my rash has come back a bit (I had stopped using the albolene). So I started using it again and it seems to be keeping the problem under control and very minimal. So, long story short I would recommend this for treatment eczema. I found it to be more effective than the aveeno baby stuff I tried for eczema. I use this on my face now as a moisturizer too. I use it at night after I wash my face, and then a tiny bit in the morning before I put on makeup. It works really well. If I am going into really cold weather I slather it on my face heavily and it really helps protect my skin. I absolutely love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by meglouie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love. I was originally using Ponds, and thought for sure it was my HG. While going to pick some up at Rite Aid I saw this on sale, looked at the ingredients and thought why not try it. Boy am I smart! It completely removes my Revlon Colorstay and my impossible YSL mascara. I have lots of black heads all over and bad breakouts only around my chin/mouth area pretty much constantly. Somehow this cleared those up?! It keeps my skin hydrated but not greasy and makes it nice and smooth. Thank you Albolene! The thing that really makes this better than ponds to me, is that you don't need to use neeearly as much, so although its expensive, its worth it! One jar lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by colfishing

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure a can of Crisco shortening would be cheaper. I think it's the same stuff! Ick. Grease on my face.