July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This stuffs helping me LOSE WEIGHT!!!! Thank you ginabinawina99 of yt for introducing me to this gem. Yes it takes the toughest, waterproof makeup off easily & completely, yes it leaves my skin soft like a babys butt & yes this saves me on the nights I have no energy for a wash & rinse but the best selling point is its helping me lose those darn love handles finally! Albolene is made of mineral oil and paraffin that liquefies on contact with skin, so trouble areas that retain water can naturally sweat more and burn inches. They call this the blanket effect & the website has a 5 day challenge that convinces me that majority of users also see a dramatic difference.

Personally, I basically apply this on my tummy, then I wear the McDavid waist trimmer, made of neoprene & bought on amazon for around $12 and do cardio for about 30 mins. I work up a good sweat & believe this helped me lose the first few lbs/inches finally. Its probably water weight & temporary, but its a start & I'm planning on continuing to keep up the regimen. I'm so glad I bought this ($12 for 12 oz at CVS) vs the Sweet Sweat ($50 for 13.5 oz at GNC).

Lastly, if your wondering how to use this as a cleanser/moisturizer: its a one step process. I got the unscented (beware of the scented one--barbershop shaving cream overdose), its a clear gel (vaseline look a like, but much lighterrr in consistency) that you rub & apply directly to dry skin, massage in & wipe off with a tissue. NO water, rinsing or towel drying of face is required. It really does leave a film of undetected moisture in, so I can skip my night cream too. Perfect for long days that I just want to jump into bed, without letting the makeup removal/cleansing to wake me up fully first ;P

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years. Every time I try something else, I end up being underwhelmed, and return to this wondering how I ever gave it up in the first place. I have normal/dry skin, so I can't speak for oily people here, but this works so well for me. It takes all of my makeup off, and leaves my skin feeling super soft, which is a miracle in the winter time. I also haven recurring patches of eczema around my eyes, and I notice it always returns when I stop using this. I haven eczema on my hands too, and I find that if I put a good layer of this on my hands, then sleep with gloves on, I can keep it under control.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not reviewing this product as a makeup remover, but as a treatment for eczema (it is marketed as this as well). I have not really used it as a makeup remover but after reading the reviews on here I may give it a try. I had this weird rash on my arms for months, it was very very red, itchy, bumpy, and irritated. I went to the doctor several times and they gave me cortisone treatments (creams) of increasing strength to try to get rid of the rash. They did not work. Although I and the doctors were not certain, it seemed like it may have been a bad case of eczema. After about a month of experimenting with the different cortisones, I started getting nervous about my skin thinning, etc. Plus it wasn't really getting any better. So basically I stopped using any cleanser on the area in the shower (it was just my arm/elbow area so no biggie) and then after getting out of the shower used albolene. My skin got better within a couple of weeks. It stayed better for quite a while, and only recently my rash has come back a bit (I had stopped using the albolene). So I started using it again and it seems to be keeping the problem under control and very minimal. So, long story short I would recommend this for treatment eczema. I found it to be more effective than the aveeno baby stuff I tried for eczema. I use this on my face now as a moisturizer too. I use it at night after I wash my face, and then a tiny bit in the morning before I put on makeup. It works really well. If I am going into really cold weather I slather it on my face heavily and it really helps protect my skin. I absolutely love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by meglouie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love. I was originally using Ponds, and thought for sure it was my HG. While going to pick some up at Rite Aid I saw this on sale, looked at the ingredients and thought why not try it. Boy am I smart! It completely removes my Revlon Colorstay and my impossible YSL mascara. I have lots of black heads all over and bad breakouts only around my chin/mouth area pretty much constantly. Somehow this cleared those up?! It keeps my skin hydrated but not greasy and makes it nice and smooth. Thank you Albolene! The thing that really makes this better than ponds to me, is that you don't need to use neeearly as much, so although its expensive, its worth it! One jar lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MOUNTAINGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product saved my face. I had tried everything to cleanse my very sensetive skin, nothing worked. And I tried from the most expensive to all natural treatments. My face had even began to crack at my chin. Within about 2 weeks all my itchness and dried skin disappeared. Granted, It is a little greasey but, I always wash it off with a warm washcloth repeatedly until it's pretty much gone. And I also use the credit card trick to exfoliate every week ( put on a little extra cream , rub it in and wait about 5 minutes. Then GENTLY using the card scrape the cream off. Sounds drastic but it really works.Just remember GENTLY, or it will scrape your ski).. If my skin gets wind burned, I also put it on as a moistureizer at night. I use one of the little youghrt spoons to get it out of the jar. Well god luck, and I have to say people often say I don't look my age. Which is always nice to hear, whearther it's the truth or not.
UPDATE: This cleanser stared to break out my skin again, just too oily I quess. Had too find a new one, so I am trying Ponds cold cream. Wish me luck.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by colfishing

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure a can of Crisco shortening would be cheaper. I think it's the same stuff! Ick. Grease on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. This product does not break me out, however it can be tricky to use because it is so goopy and oily. I usually smear it all over my face, rub it in, then use a warm cotton face towel to remove the product (along with my make-up). It is not great at removing mascara, but otherwise leaves my skin smooth and clean--without over drying (which many cleansers tend to do). I would definitely recommend as a gentle and moisturizing cleanser, especially if you are using prescription strength acne products (as I do) which tend to dry and irritate the skin. I found it at DR.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jl54olds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, I have been using it for years. I only wish it came in travel size because the airlines don't allow carry on baggage with anything over 3 ounces. I could check my bag but I don't usually do that so I have to buy albolene when I get to my destination and when I leave I have to throw it away because I can't take it on board.. does anyone else have this problem?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use cold cream (Walgreen's store brand) to cleanse my skin and remove my makeup, and I'm extremely happy with that routine. I decided to try Albolene after reading glowing reviews. It comes in a large, industrial-looking tub for around $12. In the tub, it looks like clear vaseline. Upon contact with skin, it somewhat liquefies so it is very easy to use. I apply it to my dry face, massage it in thoroughly, remove with a hot, wet wash cloth, and follow with toner. I find that it easily removes all of my makeup, and leaves my skin feeling soft and extremely clean, but not at all stripped or dry. It easily removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara (Ulta Amped Lashes, I'm talking to you!) and long-wearing foundations. It has no fragrance, so it isn't irritating. In fact, this is often recommended by dermatologists. My skin is somewhat dry, and this does seem to be very nice and moisturizing. I think this would work well for normal to dry skin types, but perhaps not so well on oily skin. The tub is quite large, and I find that I use less of this than my cold cream, so it will last quite a while. It also works nicely for fighting blackheads (oil vs oil and all that). I love that this is a vintage product that has been around since at least the 1940s and hasn't changed formulas. It works great, and is wonderful for your skin. I love this product and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate to be the downer in this swarm of positive reviews, but this product was an epic FaiL for me. First of all, I had to hunt to find this, then when I finally did, I wasnt too thrilled about the $13 or so price tag. I thought to myself, "this better be good" and with all the great reviews I couldnt wait to try it. I would describe this as 'glorified Vaseline,' but I would not insult Vaseline that way. I have put actual vaseline on my face before. I have used sugar/olive oil scrub on my face, and sometimes I even moisturize with various oils and they have never done my face so wrong as this goo. This broke me out and left a general dirty feeling to my skin...could I be allergic or smthng, idk... And as far as makeup remover goes, this doesnt hold a candle to regular old J&J baby oil IMO. So now not only do I have this big tub of wasted $13 laying around, it wont be cheap to swap bc of its weight (which I currently have listed under my items if anyone is interested). Needless to say, I will never be purchasing this again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No