November 27, 2014 | 1009 users online

Pressed Powders - Laura Mercier - Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

Once again, you have to use LM technique for this product. You use LM powder puff and "press" it into the skin. I will give this product credit as it does create a "smooth" appearance, but it made my skin appear "white". I am very fair and need something with color and a little more oommphh for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

I am on either my second or third compact of this. It's a fantastic pressed powder - sets makeup perfectly, lends a slight bit of extra coverage, never looks cakey or obvious. It can lend a pale cast to skin but I'm already pale. And that fades after a couple minutes (for me) once it melds with your skin.
The only negative here is the price. But I've tried numerous drugstore brands and nothing quite compares to this (CG TruBlend pressed powder came closest but just wasn't the same). All in all, great product, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

I agree with other reviews that this powder is very finely milled and does not cake neither settles into lines, but I find that it makes my foundation look slightly lighter and my completion a little bit paler. I am pleased with its longlasting setting power though. I wish it came also in a darker translucent colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by iamalovecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very finely milled powder which means that it will look natural on the skin. The only downside is that because it is such a finely milled powder, it tends to rub off a little more, especially when you're trying to apply with the sponge or brush.

Overall however, this is a pretty good pressed powder. The price is a little expensive, but its good quality. And, this lasts forever! I use this powder everyday to set my makeup, going on 1 year and its still going! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by voodoodoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A beautiful setting powder, really is translucent which I love as I don't want to mix another colour into a foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere) which is already a perfect match. This powder just feels so nice on. Doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. Not too glittery. All in all I am impressed and will consider purchasing LM tinted moisturiser next.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mels76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite powder and another product I can't imagine doing without! I use the translucent shade over LM tinted moisturiser. The sponge applicator feels a bit strange at first, but once you've used it a few times it starts to work really well, I find - if you apply it by blotting it on with the sponge all over, then brush off the excess with a big soft powder brush it looks really natural. It doesn't settle into fine lines or clog pores. Its barely perceptible on the skin but makes you look polished. Used with the TM it lasts all day on my skin without a touch-up. Before I discovered this I thought Bobbi Brown pressed powder in pale yellow was the best powder ever, and that would be my second choice if Laura Mercier ever disappeared from Space NK! It sets me back around 25 in the UK. I have bought this at least 10 times, and my only gripe is that the quantity is quite small if you are using it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i hate the packaging. very cheap! i did not spend $30 for this kind of packaging.

but the powder itself is amazing. i couldnt ask for more. it looks like the powder melts into your face and becomes your skin. never a powdery look on me. shade is perfect for me. i am 30 cendre in chanel and NC25-30 in mac.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted this powder to work for me (LM Silk Creme Foundation in #Soft Ivory is my HG), but unfortunately it makes my skin to breakout horribly. And I'm not breakout prone;-( I do have sensitive, dry skin and this powder is very smooth and finely milled but there's something in it my skin just doesn't seem to like at all. I also found it slightly drying. Also the included sponge is useless; best to throw it away and use a regular powder brush instead. Otherwise nice powder, but not for me *sigh* Up for swap it goes...
Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. +/- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

HG. With my oily skin I always have pressed powder in my purse, but this feels so light and silky and I can pat away without adding any color. I agree with the reviewer who said the plastic packaging feels cheap. This is the most money I've spent for a compact of pressed powder ($30) but it might as well be from the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

Excellent powder for setting makeup. Lightweight and appropriate for the summer. I use this over Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. This powder does not settle in to any fine lines. It does an excellent job of taking off the shine and minimizing the appearance of pores. The color in the compact is deceptive -- it is quite light almost a pale yellow.

It is VERY important that you take the time to "rub"/blot this powder in to your skin. Using the sponge applicator it comes with to simply sweep the top layer of your skin with the powder will likely lead to disastrous results. When I don't pat/rub the powder in, it looks like I've put white talc on my face -- it does not appear translucent at all. I've taken off a lippie for this very fact. When applied properly, however, it is a transluscent setting powder as advertised. Unlike the loose powder version, this one does not irritate my skin. Plus, it is convenient for travel.