April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by GoddessTara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this color! As a super pale skinned person (I have two colors, white or red), I enjoyed the slight 'tan' effect it had on my skin:D
As a very light polish, I expected numerous coats to reach opacity, so maybe that's why I was impressed when it only took two. Not sure either why so many seem to have formula issues. I would absolutely buy this again, even at $11 a bottle in Vancouver!!
As with all pale colors, patience and practice are required to get the desired look, but it is well worth it for this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a cute colour. It's pink, but it's so light it's almost white... In the past, I have tried colours like this before but they always made me look like I had that stuff on that keeps people from biting their nails. Fiji is different... It evens out perfectly with two coats and makes my hands look so tanned! Even in December... I am contemplating wearing this at Christmas, am I a rebel or what. With a glossy top coat this becomes extra gorgeous.

It looks clean and neat enough to try it at the office...although it does kind of scream 'beach holiday'. I actually bought this because I booked a little spa hotel getaway for the holidays and will be prancing around in a bikini, so I'm hoping wearing this on my fingers and toes will make me look a little tanner without having to resort to desperate measures like a spray tan:) So far, so good.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about the formula, not sure what the formula is like overseas but here in Europe I am having no trouble whatsoever with streaking. The first coat looks a bit streaky alright, but by the second coat the streaks are gone. The finish is not super glossy so if you like your nails shiny add an extra glossy top coat.

(Word of warning: make sure to moisturise your hands when wearing this, for some reason any dryness becomes extra apparent with this light hue. Maybe because it brings out the tan, I don't know... If my hands are dry this can make them look a little leathery. I was going for beach babe, not Florida granny)

Edit 10 December 2012: Well. Boyfriend asked me last night why I had this white stuff on my nails. He thought it was medical. Guess this polish is not as different as I thought! Didn't have time to take it off this morning, on my way to work now... Wonder what people in the office will think...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Opaque cool pink goes on perfect with 2 coats. Spring / summer really pops on the toes. It's a fun, casual kind of shade-not at all delicate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product really is a hit or miss for different people.
Personally, I love it! It looks great against my tan skintone and the color really is a milky pale light pink.
The bottle is cute and the brush is small so its easy to control.
When combined with Essie first base coat, my manicure doesn't chip for about 6 days, which is way longer than my other polishes. I was alittle blown away that it lasted so long. The chipping is not the problem, but if you leave it on your nails too long, you will start to see some light cracking in the polish. I got it for $6, so I'm happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

And again I loooooooooove Essie's brand, the cute bottle, and I don't mind the small & short brush. The price... in my local drugstore in Canada Essie retails for about $12, and about $9 at the competition. It adds up quickly when you are an avid nail polish fan. : ( Maybe not too expensive for those who buy one or two bottles a year. : )

1) Color: gorgeous, chic pale pink, modern shade
2) Formula/application : if you don't have patience or time, skip this color because you need a light hand when you apply it: I used only two light coats and I had the color opaque and even the way I like. The formula itself looks like a chalky paste and I think that's why this is not your glossiest polish either ( hello fav top coat). I didn't use any base coat or top coat though, I applied right on top of my bare nails and so far so good. It looks lovely.

I probably will be using Fiji for a whole week!!! I'm loving this shade right now and I don't even care if it's winter season.

Rating: 3 lippies because:
1) price: I wish there was a better deal
2) re-purchasing: I always shop for different colors so 1 bottle each is usually enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Love the color, HATE the formula!
I have so many Essie polishes, and this is the only one that is streaky.
Even after applying 3 coats, it still does not look even.
I am not sure if it's due to the light colors, but it's really hard to work with.
I do not reccomend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

Beautiful milky pale pink. Formula sucks though. It takes me about 2-3 thick coats, the formula is a little irritating to work with. But I get complimented on the color all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is SUCH a cute color! It reminds me of pale strawberry milk in certain lights. The formula of this polish is kind of on the streaky side, but I found I can avoid a streaky look by applying 2 medium-thick coats rather than 3-4 thin coats like I normally would. It gives my nails such a clean sophisticated look. Overall I really like this. :3 Since I haven't had it for that long, I don't know if I can truly give it a 5 yet. I might come back and change this later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have any problems with the application of this nailpolish, it's opaque in two layers without being streaky. I read allot of complaints about this polish and I don't know if the European bottles are different from the VS bottles (or that I got a good bottle?), because we only got these in drugstores recently with a new formula and a wider brush. This is a milky pinkish/white nailpolish that can make your hands look a little tanner and gives your nails a polished clean look. I love it and I would repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe option for the would you buy this product again! I'm really on the fence with this nail polish. I ultimately gave it a 4 because I do love the color and believe it does have a place in my expansive collection.

Application is a mess. I'm an experienced nail polisher and I still needed three coats to get satisfactory coverage. It doesn't have that glossy smooth look that most nail polishes impart (due to the inconsistency of its texture) and it takes a while to dry because you do need to use fairly thick layers of it. I have this on my nails and toes at the moment and it looks cute, and makes you look really tan, which makes this a great summer shade. I have a warm-toned, slightly tanned complexion and it's been very difficult for me to find a milky pink that doesn't make my skin look ashy or strange, and Essie Fiji fits the bill. However, I'd say those looking for a milky pink that complements warm skin tones should check out Revlon Peach Petal, it's slightly warmer and peachier, but it has a similar effect overall, and is a bit easier to work with.