Essie Fiji

3.5

on 5/31/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I hate pinks cause I can never find the right shade, but this is the only one I'll use. It's my perfect pink. Very soft. Not at all obnoxious

on 5/25/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I can never get enough of pink shades, I just feel like I need to have all variations. Fiji is my newest acquisition. A milky pink with a strong white undertone to it. One of those classic, nude shades that is appropriate for any event in life. Very reminiscent of what the Kardashians would wear. I need three coats to make it work for me, and absolutely recommend a top-coat, otherwise it would take forever to dry. Some people say it's a dupe for one of my all-time favourite polishes OPI 'Mod About You', but Fiji is definitely less pink and more white, which is enough to not make it a complete dupe.

on 5/21/2013 8:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely gorgeous milky pink that is perfect for spring / summer. Looks great on my NC20 skin and is perfectly opaque in 2 coats with no streaking issues so if you are looking for a sheer finish, this one is definitely not for you. I love this formula and the brush and would def repurchase.

This polish is one of my least favorites, not because of the color, i love the color! But the formula is horrible...i add one coat, perfectly fine, but when i go to add the second coat it gets streaky and i hate polishes that do this, a big no no for me! I did end up getting the desired look and it took 4-5 coats, in the end there was no streaking seen and it looked great! I don't recommend this just cause of the formula and the streaking but if you don't mind that then get it because the color is nice and i like that i goes with a lot of stuff i own, its natural!

on 5/3/2013 5:58:00 PM

Too opaque, looks like paint. I was going for more of a pink luminescent colour :(

on 5/1/2013 10:04:00 AM

The formula for this polish is a little bit tricky, but if you have patience its definitely worth it! You will need 3 coats to make this opaque, I recommend a thin coat, a medium coat, and then a bit thicker coat. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and very flattering on my fair skin. If you have patience and a little bit of skill, I would go for it!

on 4/29/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

AArrrghh......I would echo all the negative points already made....this polish is awful to apply...shame because the colour is rather nice....an expensive addition to my pedal bin

on 4/28/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This polish, though a really pretty classic color, is such a pain to work with. It takes quite a few coats to get it opaque, which I wouldn't mind if the formula wasn't so bad. It gets kind of streaky, and it can be thick too. I wouldn't mind this too much if the product was cheaper, but Essie polishes go for $8, and I think for that price the formula ought to be better. I'll continue to use it while I still have it, but when I run out I won't be repurchasing Fiji.

on 4/16/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Makes me feel like Barbie! This colour goes on great when you have patience and take your time. Use Quo by Orly's Strong Bond base coat. It's sticky so the polish isn't as streaky!

on 4/3/2013 5:46:00 AM

This was my first ever Essie polish. I usually buy OPI but I wanted a colour that was almost white and I when I saw this I had to have it!
This has become my absoulte favourite polish (and I have a lot). The colour is beautiful, it goes with everything and I think it would flatter any skintone. When I was in the shop about to buy this I did a quick check of the reviews on MUA and almost didn't get it because of all the bad comments about the formula. I think maybe there are 2 versions of this? I was expecting to have to do a few coats of this because it's pale. I was surprised that I only needed 2 coats and I had no issues at all with the formula. I found the 1st coat streaky but the 2nd evened everything out. Overall, a great polish and I will definitely repurchase!

Top Rated Essie Products