August 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rated this Essie color a four because it is my all-time favorite nail polish color. I absolutely love this essential color. It goes with everything and looks beautiful as a manicure and pedicure! BUT, I can not use this nail polish at home! I've tried everything from using various Base Coats, to taking slower and fewer strokes but nothing works. It either goes on too streaky or too thick.It does not apply well. It never comes out at home the way it does at the salon. I absolutely love this color but highly recommend saving the $8 to have the perfect Fiji manicure at the salon! Def recommend this color at the salon!! My all time favorite!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love the color, but it took 4 thick coats to get it completely opaque. But I really love the way the color looks on my skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very streaky but after 3 coats it looked ok and if I were a pro at applying nail polish it would have looked even better. I am really pale so not many colors look good on me but this one suits me wonderfully! Such a pretty color. Also, I really like the Essie brushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only Essie polish I own, and it is incredibley horrible! Streaky as another reviewer said, it chips fairly easy, and the color on your actual nail is so much paler than what it appears to be in the bottle. I will NEVER waste my money on another Essie polish. The price point is ridiculous; save yourself some time and find a similar color in OPI.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by dawndru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Impossible to paint without streaks. I do my nails often and with all sorts of brands and colors and this was literally the only time I was unable to do my nails. I simply could not paint a nail without making it a streaky mess. I ended up throwing the bottle out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Junk!.. this has to be the worst formula ever which is really sad since the color is such a pretty shade of pink. I think I need to get 3 coats for it to look reasonable and even then it looks streaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by GoddessTara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this color! As a super pale skinned person (I have two colors, white or red), I enjoyed the slight 'tan' effect it had on my skin:D
As a very light polish, I expected numerous coats to reach opacity, so maybe that's why I was impressed when it only took two. Not sure either why so many seem to have formula issues. I would absolutely buy this again, even at $11 a bottle in Vancouver!!
As with all pale colors, patience and practice are required to get the desired look, but it is well worth it for this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a cute colour. It's pink, but it's so light it's almost white... In the past, I have tried colours like this before but they always made me look like I had that stuff on that keeps people from biting their nails. Fiji is different... It evens out perfectly with two coats and makes my hands look so tanned! Even in December... I am contemplating wearing this at Christmas, am I a rebel or what. With a glossy top coat this becomes extra gorgeous.

It looks clean and neat enough to try it at the office...although it does kind of scream 'beach holiday'. I actually bought this because I booked a little spa hotel getaway for the holidays and will be prancing around in a bikini, so I'm hoping wearing this on my fingers and toes will make me look a little tanner without having to resort to desperate measures like a spray tan:) So far, so good.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about the formula, not sure what the formula is like overseas but here in Europe I am having no trouble whatsoever with streaking. The first coat looks a bit streaky alright, but by the second coat the streaks are gone. The finish is not super glossy so if you like your nails shiny add an extra glossy top coat.

(Word of warning: make sure to moisturise your hands when wearing this, for some reason any dryness becomes extra apparent with this light hue. Maybe because it brings out the tan, I don't know... If my hands are dry this can make them look a little leathery. I was going for beach babe, not Florida granny)

Edit 10 December 2012: Well. Boyfriend asked me last night why I had this white stuff on my nails. He thought it was medical. Guess this polish is not as different as I thought! Didn't have time to take it off this morning, on my way to work now... Wonder what people in the office will think...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Opaque cool pink goes on perfect with 2 coats. Spring / summer really pops on the toes. It's a fun, casual kind of shade-not at all delicate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product really is a hit or miss for different people.
Personally, I love it! It looks great against my tan skintone and the color really is a milky pale light pink.
The bottle is cute and the brush is small so its easy to control.
When combined with Essie first base coat, my manicure doesn't chip for about 6 days, which is way longer than my other polishes. I was alittle blown away that it lasted so long. The chipping is not the problem, but if you leave it on your nails too long, you will start to see some light cracking in the polish. I got it for $6, so I'm happy with it.