August 20, 2014 | 1041 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by BluePlateSpecial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the product available in Ireland (bought it when we were visiting). Point form:
- This is an absolutely fine, moisturizing hand cream.
- It is super concentrated, it claims to have 200 applications in the 50mL tube and I definitely believe it.
- The small size of the tube makes it an excellent candidate for travelling/keeping in your purse.
- I much prefer tubes to pots when it comes to just about everything because I think they're cleaner
- It has a smell but it's not strong and it's certainly not offensive. I wouldn't call it entirely unscented though - and it doesn't claim to be. However, it's not a girly looking or smelling hand cream so this has become my husband's hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by paradimo

Actually US's Neutrogena hand cream it's not the same like Europe's one which is more solid and much more effective by using a smaller crean amount!!! But I think the best in comparison other brands hand creams

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

This hand cream has received a lot of great reviews but i have to be honest and say that i really disliked it. you have to apply a very small amount or else your entire hand will turn pasty white. the formula does not rub into the skin well and takes a good 5 minutes to lather it in to moisturize. it's unfortunate this product didn't work because i like most of the Neutrogena line but this simply did not work for me and my dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is just amazing! It has saved my hands this winter. It is very hydrating and intense, it got rid of a callous on my finger within 3 days! It is a little sticky when you first put it on though so I usually just use it before bed. I don't mind using it during the day but because of my job, I wash my hands A LOT so I feel like I'm wasting it if i put it on and then wash my hands 10 mins later. I will be buying this forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an excellent hand cream. My hands get quite dry especially in winter so I put a small amount of this on my hands at night and wake up with incredibly soft hands. It is quite greasy and does leave a film on your hands so I recommend putting this on before you go to sleep.

Good: Smooths and softens, cheap to buy, improve condition of nails, you only need a small amount so a tube will last a long time

Bad: Quite greasy and doesn't absorb in very well

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by angelablair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this hand cream via Bzzagent and was super excited to try. In the winter my hands are always dry and cracked due to weather and constantly washing my hands. Typically I use Cetaphil for my hand cream, so I was happy to try something new. First, I wouldn't call this a hand cream. It is far from a cream. While it is moisturizing it is more gel-like. I would compare it to aquaphor as in texture. The product is $4.99 and you only need a dab to do the job, so price wise is great. When it goes on it's a little greasy feeling but it absorbs pretty quickly and almost leaves a barrier on your hands. You can wash your hands a few times and this stuff doesn't come off. Overall, as a hand cream I'd rather stick with an actual cream (like cetaphil, etc). But, I do like this for my nails. I have been using this daily and I think it has helped my nails. They crack less and over all look more healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I have moderate to severe eczema, and this is one of the only things that helps, even on my face, besides virgin coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW. How have I missed this product?? I have extremely sensitive, dry skin that absolutely cracks, bleeds, and peels in the winter. I live in the PNW so we get LONG winter months which is beautiful to hike in but sucks for skin like mine. I have been faithfully using Cetaphil cream but it hasn't been moisturizing enough for me. After trying a couple other samples of hand creams, decided to purchase this.

It's a tiny 2 oz tube for $5 at Target which is pricey considering you can get a HUGE, whopper bottle of Curel or something else for the same price. But, if you are really suffereing with dry skin, you'll try anything no matter the price. I slathered my hands with this the first night and it's about the consistency of Neosporin ointment and I was afraid to touch anything and was afraid I was going to wake up with greasy mitts but it had all absorbed and there was definite improvement in my skin. So, after some experimenting I have found that before I go to sleep at night to put a layer of Cetaphil cream on my legs, arms, face, neck (basically everywhere from head to toe), and feet and then after that is absorbed, put a thin layer of this hand cream all over. I even tried it on my face and it's seriously the only thing that keeps my eczema under control.

I can't use straight up vaseline or vaseline products because they irritate my skin but for some reason, even though the Neutrogena hand cream is like an ointment, it soothes and really moisturizes my skin. My skin is velvety smooth when I wake up and best of all, doesn't flake anymore and the redness is going away.

Be warned if you do use this on your face. You cannot put makeup over this at all. I tried to put my concealer on over this stuff, around my eyes, and it streaked and clumped and would not rub in at all. I had to wipe it off and just go barefaced to let my skin heal. Which I'm okay with since I would rather go through a couple of days makeup-free and finally let my skin heal than to battle redness and eczema patches for weeks and weeks.

This stuff is highly concentrated and such a good price after you see how little goes a long way. I recommend it for anyone with severely dry skin. I'm almost out of my little tube and I will be repurchasing later on today! Love this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. Verrrry greasy, and strong perfumey smell to my nose. Doesn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by araic4988

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this hand cream! It's super mosturizing, and cheap. I use this before I go to bed, because it's kind of greasy. It's the best!