July 30, 2014 | 1258 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm about NC 20 and this color is gorgeous on me, a perfect neutral mauve. It has a great feel and finish -- they are very pigmented, really creamy, smooth and have a slight glossy sheen. But UGH, the taste! It smells like a floral perfume and tastes like one too. Even the slightest contact makes me feel like I'm eating soap. I have never been sensitive to the smells or tastes of any of the zillions of lipglosses or lipsticks I've tried but this one is something I can't stand. Such a shame because I really think the lipsticks are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color is very flattering to my complexion. Love this color! The lipstick is very moist and easy to apply. However, it doesn't stay on me very long.
Good value though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by bug44

I DECIDED TO BUY A HAUL OF NYX ROUND LIPSTICK AFTER SEEING SO MANY GREAT REVIEWS ON LINE.

HOWEVER, AFTER AN AGE AND A DAY OF CHOOSING MY SHADES CAREFULLY, AND LOOKING AT VARIOUS SWATCHES ONLINE, I DECIDED ON ABOUT 7 COLOURS, THINKING THEY WOULD BE GORGEOUS.

ONE OF THE COLOURS WAS THALIA, WHICH LOOKED BEAUTIFUL ON VARIOUS ON LINE REVIEWERS, BUT ON ME, LOOKED GROSS.

I DID NOTICE THAT MOST OF THE COLOURS I ORDERED LOOKED VERY SIMILAR WHEN THEY ARRIVED, THAT BEING, HORRIBLE, AND MUCH DARKER THAN I EXPECTED TOO.

FIRSTLY, TAKE NO NOTICE WHATSOEVER OF THE NYX WEBSITE INFORMATION ON THE COLOURS, THEY ARE WAY OFF THE MARK, AND LOOK NOTHING LIKE IT IN THE FLESH SO TO SPEAK. IT MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER IF NYX GAVE SO SORT OF INDICATION OF SUITABLE COLOURS FOR CERTAIN SKIN TONES ETC, BUT HEY, WHAT DO YOU WANT WHEN THERE MAKE UP PRODUCTS IN GENERAL ARE SO CHEAP AND CHEERFUL.

DON'T LET ME PUT YOU OFF ORDERING ANY OF THE LIPPIES, AS THEY ARE GOOD QUALITY, AND FEEL REALLY NICE ON THE LIPS, BUT SADLY, I CAN'T FIND MY IDEAL SHADES, SO I HAVE TO MARK THEM DOWN.

STILL LOOKING FOR MY HOLY GRAIL LIPPIE COLOUR. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HATED this lipstick. It had a gray cast and looked horrible on me, perhaps because my skin is so yellow. I did like the price, smell and creaminess of the lipstick, just the wrong color for my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

The formula is rich and creamy which doesnt dry out my lips. This one doesnt have any smell. The only issue with the one I got is they tend to break easily due to their super soft texture. Other than that, I am very happy with the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a gorgeous, cheap my lips but better shade. i am so glad i bought it. it can look natural or dramatic. it remains very neutral and true to color. as other reviewers have said, no drying whatsoever. in fact, its so creamy that if i don't wear a liner and apply too much product, it bleeds a feathers a little on my lower lip. i have several other colors in these lipsticks and they are by far my favorite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first NYX lipstick I have tried, and I absolutely love it! That says a lot coming from a girl who almost never wears lipstick because most are too drying and matte. Not the case here!
The good:
Great pigmentation. Very rich color.
This color is a beautiful pink nude that stays true to pink, does not pull brown or orange. One coat for a natural look, more for a deeper look.
Super creamy formula! Feels great on. Creamiest lipstick I have ever tried.
Smooth look.
Last fairly well and doesn't clump or flake off. Just rubs off clean.
Quite moisturizing.
Cute packaging.
Amazing price. $3.99!
No weird flavors (no flavor to it all, really).
Feels weightless on your lips.

The bad:
There really isn't any! I wish it had slightly more of a shiny rather than matte finish but a little gloss on top does the trick. But it is also beautiful on it's own!

I completely prefer this to the UD lipstick - it is way better and a fraction of the price. I am going back to get a ton more colors. Best lipstick ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by smiley07

Im a very big fan of mac cosmetics especially all the nutrals and nudes and pinks and peachy lippys.I ran out of my fave lipstick cherish by mac and half n half cherish got crushed by a car when it fell out of my pocket yes i keep lippys in my pockets i love colour on my lips.Anyway i have been abit out of pocket lately so decided to buy a cheaper alternative of half n half and cherish by reading reviews on google.Cost me 2.99 in uk. bargain if you ask me colour excellent.No smell like mac unfortuanely or the really rich creaminess like a mac lipstickk or as long lasting as a mac lipstick however for the price its very close shade to the two i love so i would buy again even though it doesnt last long because using lipstick everyday by mac is becoming ostly i have so many but run out quick.In my personal opinion no lipstick has yet beaten the quality of a mac lipstick in scent texture lasting poweer and just quality.But this is pretty gud for the price wud by again .DO BUY

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX really is an amazing line of low cost makeup. Just about everything I buy from them is excellent. The only thing of NYX that disappointed me - ever - was the eye liners which don't go on smoothly enough for my taste.

But wow... the lipsticks and lip glosses, and the jumbo sticks, are frickin' amazing! Fantastic color, excellent consistency. NYX does not skimp on color, they are so rich. Even when dealing with sheer colors and neutrals, they really make the lips and eyes pop.

Thalia is an amazing neutral - it is definitely worth re purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by lrich4066

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me, this is a natural lip shade but darker. It looks too brown and dark with my skin when I apply it normally, so I've tried applying a very thin layer and then topping it with Smith's Rosebud Salve, and that works well for me. The texture is nice and creamy. Would have been 5 stars if it didn't look so bad on my skintone.