April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

ive actually received this set twice (as a bonus with an MK order and as a bridesmaids gift) and will definitely buy it once i run out if the universe doesnt place another free one in my posession, haha.

nothing ive ever used has made my hands as soft as this little kit. i like using it on nights that i do my home spa stuff--face mask, teeth whitening strips, full body scrub etc. i find all the steps enjoyable and the end result is that your hands truly do feel unbelievably soft and velvety. ive even made boyfriends with rough, neglected hands use it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I purchased this back with the scub when one of my friends was selling MK products. I'm a sucker for any kind of body specific treatments and this lotion did a ok job, though it could have been better. I can see myself repurchasing for the hand 'treatment' aspect and would love to try the Satin Lips set.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this a good review but I absolutely cannot get past the smell. I cant really describe it. Similar to something you would find in a building supplies store. YUCK! Not feminine at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. Beats aveda and many other expensive brands

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well what can I say about this lotion? After trying a lot of different brands for example to name a few, Victoria Secret Love Spell, Aveda Hand Relief, Norwegian Hand Cream (which I detest) This and the Aveda Hand Relief are my top favorites!

This lotion has a really odd smell first off. It smells kind of waxy/elmer's glue-ish smell. Its not enough to cause me to not to want to use it though, its just odd. I was told by Mary Kay by calling there customer service department that it was supposed to smell like peaches, like the rest of the satin hands set. But after reading some reviews, I see I'm not the only one to have found it to smell off.
The lotion itself is kinda thick like glue, now that I think about it, but it does what its supposed to. It moisturizes my hands and doesnt leave them with a greasy sticky mess. I need something I can put on and go back to what I was doing with in 5-10 mins (I'm weird that way, after I put on lotion I like to wait a few minutes for it to absorb. lol I dont wanna put it on to immediately touch something and it come off) And I love the pretty pink tube too *smirks* All in all its a decent basic moisturizer but most effective off all the ones I'm used and its a steal at $8.00 USD. I will continue to repurchase.

***EDIT*** 12/01/2008

Okay, so I returned this back to my MK rep. a couple days ago. I thought after using it for a few weeks I would love it, but in the long run I couldnt stand the smell and it just didnt provide enough lasting moisture for my hands. I will continue to use my Aveda Hand Relief as my HG hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only hand cream ever that I have not had the raging urge to go wash off asap. Its not greasy and it makes my hands insanely soft. Satin Hands deserves all the hype it gets.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I'm torn about this product. I LOVE the formula - moisturizes well without greasiness, spreads & absorbs quickly, WONDERFUL stuff! That being said, I very much dislike the smell...it smells like that vaguely waxy scent things that are supposed to be "unscented" sometimes smell like, or maybe a really old fashioned (or just old!) face powder or lipstick. It is hard to describe. Would absolutely love it if this had a more pleasant light fragrance (how 'bout MK's marvelous Lotus & Bamboo scent??) or no true scent at all. Otherwise, this is a great product, the moisturizing effects, quick absorption & non-greasiness of this hand cream are marvelous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by aprilm26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY hand lotion that I will use! I love lotions and creams, but every hand lotion I've tried outside of the Satin Hands leaves my hands feeling icky - other lotions either make my hands feel greasy, dry or sticky. But the Satin Hands lotion leaves them feeling moist but not too moist and clean and soft! It really is hard to describe - this stuff is just the best!

I constantly carry a mini size lotion with me because I can't stand having dry hands after washing them - this lotion is a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

Love, love this product. I was first introduced to it years ago by a woman that I worked with that sold Mary Kay. I normally stick to department store make up, except for the occasional Avon order so I was totally unfamiliar with the satin hands set, but I have to say I've been hooked ever since! This is such a fab little treat for yourself after a long day at work, or if you're going out and want your hands to look extra soft and polished. It only takes a minute if you don't have a lot of time, and the results leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. Such a luxe little treat, and the set lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ajr1516

I love this stuff. If you do any work with your hands you need this stuff.