Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

The first time I tried it was in a Mary Kay party, our host introduced this product in a hand-spa section. Oh it's so amazing with the whole Satin Hand set. After using it creates an invisible glove for the hands.

I received this in swap and checked the price online to discover it was $30.00, so thas how im making a judgment call on value.Well, this set is pretty good and would make a wonderful gift for anybody!The scrub is brilliant, cleans your hands throughly with out doing damage or inflamming the cuts on my hands.Just enough grains in it and an unoffensive smell, also comes in a ump bottle which i imagine ill use after iv finished the product.Same with the hand cream, not as moisturizing as my emusifying ointment, but a good cream, nice size tube which you could put into your weekend bag or large hand bag. But the extra emoliant night hand cream..this is where this looses marks..THE SMELL of it is horrible and very strong..its a pity becasue this is a wonderful hand cream, very rich, but the smell is so over powering when i apply it at night i have to keep my hands away from my face:( Its good value for the three products together, but i dont think i'd buy the set, just the scrub and hand cream.

on 2/8/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this set. My hands feel so soft and healthy after using the scrub and nothing is more emollient than the ointment. This is also great for my feet too. If you want a good, close, smooth shave, use the satin hands treatment first, then apply shaving cream and shave as usual. Legs are sooo soft after.

on 2/5/2009 4:24:00 PM

I am not a huge fan of Mary Kay, but I love going to parties to have this stuff done. I finally caved and got a set of my own. This is HEAVEN for my hands. I have really dry hands and have never had my hands feel so soft as when I used this. It's amazing. And I love that they have the new peach smell set. It's wonderful. If you have dry and rough hands, this stuff will be a godsend for you!

on 1/31/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Awesome, but I wish the feel would last longer.

on 1/30/2009 1:16:00 PM

ive actually received this set twice (as a bonus with an MK order and as a bridesmaids gift) and will definitely buy it once i run out if the universe doesnt place another free one in my posession, haha.

nothing ive ever used has made my hands as soft as this little kit. i like using it on nights that i do my home spa stuff--face mask, teeth whitening strips, full body scrub etc. i find all the steps enjoyable and the end result is that your hands truly do feel unbelievably soft and velvety. ive even made boyfriends with rough, neglected hands use it!

on 1/3/2009 4:20:00 AM

I purchased this back with the scub when one of my friends was selling MK products. I'm a sucker for any kind of body specific treatments and this lotion did a ok job, though it could have been better. I can see myself repurchasing for the hand 'treatment' aspect and would love to try the Satin Lips set.

on 11/18/2008 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wish I could give this a good review but I absolutely cannot get past the smell. I cant really describe it. Similar to something you would find in a building supplies store. YUCK! Not feminine at all.

on 10/15/2008 10:21:00 PM

Love it. Beats aveda and many other expensive brands

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well what can I say about this lotion? After trying a lot of different brands for example to name a few, Victoria Secret Love Spell, Aveda Hand Relief, Norwegian Hand Cream (which I detest) This and the Aveda Hand Relief are my top favorites!

This lotion has a really odd smell first off. It smells kind of waxy/elmer's glue-ish smell. Its not enough to cause me to not to want to use it though, its just odd. I was told by Mary Kay by calling there customer service department that it was supposed to smell like peaches, like the rest of the satin hands set. But after reading some reviews, I see I'm not the only one to have found it to smell off.
The lotion itself is kinda thick like glue, now that I think about it, but it does what its supposed to. It moisturizes my hands and doesnt leave them with a greasy sticky mess. I need something I can put on and go back to what I was doing with in 5-10 mins (I'm weird that way, after I put on lotion I like to wait a few minutes for it to absorb. lol I dont wanna put it on to immediately touch something and it come off) And I love the pretty pink tube too *smirks* All in all its a decent basic moisturizer but most effective off all the ones I'm used and its a steal at $8.00 USD. I will continue to repurchase.

***EDIT*** 12/01/2008

Okay, so I returned this back to my MK rep. a couple days ago. I thought after using it for a few weeks I would love it, but in the long run I couldnt stand the smell and it just didnt provide enough lasting moisture for my hands. I will continue to use my Aveda Hand Relief as my HG hand cream.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products