August 20, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Concerning this color, I'm on the fence. Sometimes it looks pretty and natural, but other times it washes me out. I think it's more difficult for fair complexions to pull off pale nudes. It is a pretty nude, but it's too light and I find that the Satin formula (which I normally love) makes it look dry and pasty. I wear C-Thru lipglass on top of Viva Glam II and it gives it more dimension and makes it look less dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

This is a nice neutral nude lip color. It can be drying so I have to make sure I moisturized my lips before I put this on. If I put on too many layers of this lipstick, I can look like a ghost. So I just I dab 1-2 layers of this lipstick and a little bit of lipgloss, and it's perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lipstick I grab for when I want nude lips. This color comes out to a beige pink with a purple undertone. Doesn't make my Lips look super dead yet it brightens up my face. I don't mind the scent and taste. As with all lip products, just make sure you moisturize your lips before applying, especially nude lipsticks!!!!

Goes on creamy with a slight sheen but does feel a bit dry and stiff within couple hours. Staying power is a 4/5. Def will repurchase once I run out of this!

EDIT: this color reminds me of loreal's fairest nude except this lipstick is more of a purple base and fairest nude is more pinky. I still prefer this color over fairest nude!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lavishlyborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love the whole concept of the Viva Glam line. This is my go to everyday lipstick. Its not a ghostly nude or a barbie pink. It gives your lip a hint of color that can be worn throughout the year no matter the season. MAC describes it as a muted pink-beige with shimmer. However the shimmer is very subtle, actually its not existent to me. You honestly cant go wrong with this lipstick. You can wear it wit a lip liner or by itself. Just get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by adamjoetan

I'm a makeup artist in training and I recently bought this at the nearest MAC store to me. I've used this product on several people already and they said that they would definitely purchase this product and others in the same line. It has a nice, soft nude look, good for wearing to work/school if applied in little amounts. The downside I've noticed that when I apply it on clients, they comment that it's really moisturizing for the lips. But as little as 45 minutes afterwards, they commented on how dry and stiff their lips felt. Very good product over all, a have to buy for me. For those of you who do not mind a little dry lips, I recommend you to go ahead and purchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

Its nice, but I have to get used to the light nude look. Its so pretty and to be honest I'm not much of a lipstick type girl but the simple prettiness of this makes me want to learn to wear it. Its so creamy and not matte but not slick and shiny either. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by macuseringa

This has been my go to lipstick for quite sometime now. I use it with Spice lipliner almost everyday. It's a simple nude lipstick that can be worn everyday to work or even on the weekends. I have enjoyed this lipstick and cannot run out of it it. It is considered on my M.A.C. essentials.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes!! I have finally found a nude I love. I did feel it wore off quickly but I think I just need to learn how to wear lipstick better (this is my third and I rarely wear them). So far though, happy. Plus the packaging is way cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! I originally thought of this as another nude lipstick but it actually shows up darker on me. I am NC42 for reference and a sucker for nude l/s. But I still love this and use it for my everyday make up! The staying power is good, about 3 hours. But I took one lippie off because this has the tendency to make my lips dry and just make it look chappy. Overall though, it's a good match for me and I love the color!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This loses a lippy because it can be a bit drying. The goods things are that the colour is a nice warm nude rather than a washed out vampire nude. Its also good for mixing with other lipsticks to make them lighter or tone down overly bright colours.

I like taking any sort of lip liner and blending it in with viva glam 2, I've tried with burgandies, browns and pinks and get an overall nice matte pastely nude with a hint of whatever lip liner colour I used.

For my nc42/43 skintone I find its best to use this lipstick with a neutral brown/mauve lip liner such as the elf studio one.

I put the price rating as 1 becasue viva glam money goes to charity.