October 22, 2014 | 1365 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I find this stuff just okay. It does remove cuticles, mostly thin bits stuck to the nail. I still have to cut off the thicker cuticle part w/ a cuticle clipper. Also not crazy about how thin and watery it is. I would gladly pay the same price for half the amount if they made it thicker and more concentrated. I'm just using it for now since its cheap, comes in a huge bottle and does the job okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

my absolute fav nail cuticle remover! i do my own nails & this removes my cuticles quickly....i brush it off with a nail brush.....very cheap @ sallys!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I am a licensed manicurist and have tried MANY products with added ingredients claiming to soften and nourish the cuticle. NOTHING works better than this stuff! We used it in nail tech school and this is all I will ever use. Even though I am not working in a salon anymore, I still use this product on myself and family/friends when I do mani's/pedi's. I have also seen this used in salons on skin that has been discolored by hair color. A little on a cotton ball around the hairline and voila!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical at first as it is such a thin liquid but this is, hands down, the best cuticle remover I have ever used.

Works great for pedicures too.

Dirt cheap.
Would repurchase but probably won't need to as the bottle is huge.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Annie225

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! As mentioned before it's the color and consistency of skim milk and 16 oz can be purchased at Sally's for $5.99. I placed some in an old cleaned out nail polish bottle and applied it around my cuticles. Within a minute I started to push back the cuticle. I've left it on my cuticles for a couple of minutes and it does not appear to cause any damage or pain. So, it's a keeper and since you don't need a lot the bottle will last an extremely long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I just discovered this stuff. I looked at the reviews on it after seeing it on the recently reviewed page. It sounded so wonderful I almost didn't believe the hype. While I've always taken good care of my hands and nails (lotion every chance I get, cuticle cream at night, and home mani's and pedi's) I've never been savvy to the cult products that make hand and nail maintenance easier and better. I like to think that the purchase of this product is one step away from that. And what a product to start with! I've always softened my cuticles, then clipped them. I've never drawn blood, but I have gotten close enough that my fingers were sore after cutting a bit too deep. So this sounded wonderful since it only gets off what is ready to come off.
What I do is to take a large amount on a Q-tip (with the cap off since I find the flip-top awkward with how runny the product is) and apply it to my cuticles, about 2-3 fingers at a time. If I need more product, I use the other end of the Q-tip, or a separate one since I don't want to contaminate the whole bottle. I then take my metal cuticle pusher (I don't know if that's the right term but that's what it does) and my cuticles just come right off. The first time I used it I did use it twice, washing my hands in between applications. But now it's just maintenance. I haven't used it on my toes yet, but I have no doubt that it will work just as well. I also can't wait to use this on my boyfriend. One of his "treats" is he likes to have me give him a pedi, but he hates when I cut his cuticles (he's a big giant baby). With how gentle it is, I can't see him complaining.
Lastly, the size. I got a 16 oz bottle at Sally's for $6! That's insane! It's going to last me forever! I can see why so many professional salons and DIY folks like myself have been using this for so long. With the value and results, this well deserves it place as a cult classic. Years from now, if I run out, I will definitely repurchase. Until then, I'm telling everyone I can to get this. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by flutterby8i8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This takes no time flat to remove cuticles. It's designed to be poured into another container for use, so it's not an easy applicator bottle. Using a q-tip or an old nail polish brush that I've cleaned seem to work beautifully. I use a birchwood stick to gently push back cuticles and then the flat edge of it to sweep it off. I don't even have to use a cuticle trimmer or nippers.
To do pedicures with it, I use paper towels folded up to fit about the size of the bottom of my feet. I place the paper towels in the bottom of two grocery bags and saturate them with the cuticle remover. I slip my feet in over the towels and tighten the bag over my feet. I dunk my feet in a pan of warm water, which increases the rate that it works at as well as pushing the paper towel up around every curve of the feet. Leave it in for a minute and then scrub with a pumice stone. You will be amazed at how much callus comes off!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this for ages. It does what it says, and better than other brands I've tried. The bottle is HUGE, and will last years and years. The actual product is a very thin consistency, somewhere between as thin as water, and perhaps skim milk. I usually pour a little into the cap, or into a tiny plastic bowl when doing my nails. I use a soft eyeliner type angled brush, dip it into the solution and go over my cuticles with it. Then, I push the cuticles back with an "orange stick" that is actually made of a fine pumice. Works like a charm, done in a flash.

Well, tonight, instead of bothering with pouring a bit into the cap, or dish, I was just dipping my brush into the open bottle, and I KNOCKED IT OVER!

In the time it took to grab a cloth and start to clean up, it completely removed the finish on the table it spilled on, wherever it touched. I kid you not. Worked better than any stripper I've used in the past. The table was my grandma's. I don't know what type of sealer was used, whether a varnish, or shellac, (the table dates from the early 1900's) but its GONE wherever the liquid touched it.

I'm attaching a photo. In the photo, all of the circles and light areas are from the cuticle remover. (I'm still in shock).

I don't even know what to think! The product definitely has never been at all harsh to my skin, but wow! It worked as an amazing furniture stripper!

So, be careful! Spilling a bottle of nail polish remover would not have had such an instant effect! I guess redoing the table top is in my near future.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by qdo2599

REALLY cheap and REALLY GREAT! I bought this at one of those cheapo asian beauty supply store and it's like 25% cheaper than at Sally's (which is already cheap). This thing is huge and will last a lifetime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dude, seriously... when I was going to beauty school, I was like what is this cheap looking cuticle remover we've got here.... Used it for a manicure on myself, and I was like WHAT!!! REALLY?! Haha this is the reason for not judging something by the cover.

This is such an amazing cuticle remover. It works really fast. Just try not to get it onto your fingertips, because it makes you all shriveled like you've been sitting in the jacuzzi for three hours.

I really recommend this product because the biggest bottle goes for $8, and it will probably last you like 5 years. I have the big bottle and refill my small refillable for the portability and convenience. :)