April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by plasticvagabond

Let me start by saying I purchased this and immediately tried it on. I was SOOOOO impressed at the results. My skin was stunning and very airbrushed looking.... then I started to realize how easily it rubs off---so bad that it can be embarrassing.(used a friends cell phone & when I was done her cell was covered in this product) I want this to be my HG so badly but it rubs off! Seriously if someone/something touches my face,..even just grazes it lightly it will rub off! :[ I wish it were more like 'Colorstay'.

I will however continue using it, I just have to be very careful. I just want to warn people of this so they don't get embarrassed when it rubs off. lol

PRO'S:
-Very natural looking
-Covers scars/redness
-Not cakey
-Application is so easy and fun ;]
-Perfect shade

CONS:
-MUST blend after application..around edges and eyebrows because of its creamy texture
-I have oily skin--enough said.
-RUBS OFF!!!!!
-Can look bland

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this foundation even though I've been using it for about 2 years! This product is THE main foundation that I use - I buy it in either medium beige or natural beige, depending on what's available (my shade seems to sell out fast). The cheapest I ever got this was at Wal-Mart for about $14 CDN and the most expensive was at Shoppers Drug Mart for about $20 CDN. I LOVE the consistency - not too thin, not too thick - and it gives a great, smooth coverage for my oily, acne-prone, discoloured skin. I like the fact that it comes in a compact (means less mess and convenience) but the sponges that it comes with is just okay - I prefer a thicker, more absorbent sponge (like the ones at MAC). I use this everyday and it doesn't cause me any acne but at the same time, it doesn't really prevent oiliness (which I have a problem with)... that's why I have to use a translucent pressed powder over this foundation to control the oil.

In general, I am in love with this product - I don't see myself trying anything else! However, I think it oxidizes or something very quickly - I use this everyday (it will last me about 1 1/2 months) and when I only have a couple of uses left, the foundation appears darker on my skin. Perhaps the packaging could be changed - to make it more "airtight" or something to prevent the product from darkening so fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sroberts89436

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in tender peach since the buff in almay tlc was too light for my light olive skin. I applied first with a sponge and it covered none of my blemishes. I then used a concealer brush on spots and it gave medium coverage but looked unatural. It didn't feel like I had makeup on for 3 hours then my skin started to feel dry and I use a good moisturizer,cerave. The finish is satiny and I looked shiny in pictures but my skin was dry. This would be good for someone with normal to oily cleaer skin who wants a satin finish, I prefer more matte. The color was actually very forgiving if blended well and would probably work for a lot people with fair skin.
Update: I tried this again applying lightly with a foundation brush and I love the finish. It's natural and covers brown spots well. also lasted all day with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been continually purchasing this thick compact make up for over 10 years. This is my go-to foundation for special occassions or evenings. I consider it to be full coverage so I don't wear it as my everyday make up... but this looks so awesome with a dressier face. I find that it stays relatively moist on my skin- I have never had an issue with it becoming dry or cakey, but it is more of a matte finish foundation. It is a bit on the thick side- I use a very light hand when applying it, so perhaps that it why I haven't had any issues with it. I think it makes my skin look smooth, slighlty moist and almost flawless. I use the lightest shade on my super fair skin- in the packaging the shade looks like it'd be a touch dark for me- but when I smooth it on, it blends in nicely. I love the silky feel of this stuff. I will continue to repurchase this probably forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by e9r12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to really love this foundation. I still use it, just not as much. I do like it to cover redness on my cheeks and sometimes in other areas. It can settle into dry patches and looks cakey though. But if your skin isnt dry, like mine is, it can look natural and nice. It looks absolutly terrible under the eyes though, like chaulky and weird. I said I would buy it again, but i'm actually not sure if I would since I could probably find something much better than this for not that much more price wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by cottoncandyskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted a foundation that was more suitable for the summer. I need more coverage than a tinted moisturizer gives because I have a pretty uneven skin-tone. So I saw this while I was going to grab my favorite heavy-duty foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and decided to try it out. I love it! It's so hard for me to find good drugstore foundations because many brands don't carry light enough shades for my skin-tone but Revlon does. This foundation will give you whatever coverage you desire.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by thegirlcanthelpit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using drug store make up for years and almost all of them make my skin break out. I recently tried Revlon New Complexion and loved it. It still looked great after a 9 hour shift and did not leave that greasy feeling. This will definitely be my drugstore foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by NaomiOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm in LOVE with this. My only complaint is the color range. In winter I'm the first color, but its kinda weird on my skin. In summer, I'm in the shade 10. Still a little weird on my skin. Anyway, try it. It's worth 10.95.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by wolfiemistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I was curious as to how good it would work. It's actually fairly decent, but I would recommend using a makeup primer before you apply it. Also, I use makeup sponges to apply it instead of the applicator it comes with, simply because I find that it looks smoother.
I actually use a loose powder over it, because it seems to not look as matte as I would like it to. If you want to do this too I warn you, don't use a lot of powder. Also, don't use a lot of the foundation either, you don't need that much for full coverage.
I would definitely recommend this because it's great for covering imperfections, you don't even need a concealer with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pandabear4891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I REALLY loved this product a whole lot, but two weeks after I started using it my face broke out so terribly bad! It made me a sad panda because I liked to texture and the coverage, but I guess it just wasn't meant for me...