Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/13/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this thinking it was a powder - apparently I can't read so well. It was one of the buy one get one at Walgreens so it was free for me since I bought something else by revlon. I don't really like it but I don't hate it either. Packaging is amazing though. Doesn't give that much coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer effect which is good for like the weekend, but not work, going out etc.. Colors are a little misleading, really one shade darker than thy say, but the colors are nice and bright, not dull. If you use a little bit at a time you can blend it in to match with no problem. I can't return it unfortunately because it was free, so I use it for cover up over foundation and under my eyes since the colors a little darker. If you want something very light that doesn't look like you're wearing makeup and you don't need coverage of any sort really, I recommend it, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

on 3/29/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this makeup its so creamy with full coverage and the color perfectly matched my skin tone and it didnt make my face oily at all and last about 10hours before this i will wear the maybelline matte mousse but now this is my every day make up and til now i wil not change it!

on 3/4/2012 8:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been looking for a compact makeup and this is the best I have found. The first time I wore it it was awful... but I quickly discovered the problem. It is "wet" when applied, but if you pack a bunch of powder on it becomes very cakey... just give it a minute or two... it sets/drys to a beautiful finish. I apply with a flat top brush, a little goes a long way. It is buildable and has great coverage, I even use this as concealer with a small brush. Blends beautifully. I guess that is why the call it "one step", it is literally foundation, concealer, and powder all in one product. I have oily combination skin and this still has a gorgeous finish, very light and natural. I use just the slightest bit of powder on my "T" zone after it has set. Very soft on the skin, not sticky, no transfer, lasts all day (I do use primer). No oxidation, separation, etc. Like most compact cremes it appears slightly darker in the compact so take that into account when choosing a color. I love this stuff, it has quickly become my first choice for foundation.

on 2/16/2012 3:26:00 PM

Simply put: this is an excellent product fo the good coverage, long wearability, and sleek packaging it offers, all at a reasonable price point. I'm very fair and the Ivory Beige suits me nicely. I prefer to apply with my fingers for a better, more even coverage and it works great as a concealer when you pat it on over trouble spots. It does not increase the oiliness in my T-zone. I wish this was sold in Ulta, but it's under $11 USD in Wal-mart. Revlon is an all around solid brand and this easily competes with any department store 'upscale' foundations of its type.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My drugstore holy grail foundation!!! I was a MAC studio fix junkie thats now been converted to this foundation. First off I hate DS brands because they never match my skintone or they look fake and cakey or make me breakout. Not in this case! I used to wear max factor's creme to powder foundation but the color was way too light and they no longer sell it in the U.S. So I had to find a replacement which became my mac sf. Three hours after wearing it in broad daylight my face would turn into an oil slick! Whatever ingredients in it eventually gets greasy with my naturally oily skin. I needed something new.
I went into walmart and looked all over the aisles till I saw this. I had tried colorstay and hated it. Too thick and fake. So I looked at the reviews on here for the one step new complexion and decided to try it.
Perfect color match! Nc35/40 and medium beige looked very natural on me as the match. The color in the pan looks way darker but on my face it came out way lighter and looked good:) No fakeness or cakiness. Evened skintone, medium to full coverage, nice semi-matte finish. My face didnt look like a grease pit. Did a touch up but maybe 4 hours after I had first applied it. I really like it. I'll repurchase when I run out.

on 1/29/2012 3:40:00 PM

when I was in London ı bought this product by chance and I have combo skin and never use compact.This compact changed my daily routine.I started to use it- applying with mac 190 Foundation brush.I love it.My previous foundation is YSL oil free foundation and it feels oily on my skin and now I am attached to revlon.

on 1/1/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As someone with oily skin, I'm surprised at how well this foundation works for me. I'm able to wear this for almost 12 hours without any issues (even without a primer!). I am not a fan of most popular foundations - Colorstay is too thick. I like a more natural look, and Revlon New Complexion gives me that, while still concealing my redness and acne scars.

I do not apply this with the provided sponge- I use the ELF Powder Brush, and it gives me an airbrushed finish. This product is SO easy to apply, and I've found that I do not have to use any concealer/powder with it.

Only complaint is the shade selection- not many choices. I'm either NC15 or NC20, and I am using the lightest shade in New Complexion, but it is only a hint darker than my natural color. Doesn't look unnatural, though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product. Its really good for oil control. I get a really red oily nose and this total changes that. I apply it all over my nose and sort of on my face like if I am in a hurry to cover redness and blemishes. I will repurchase this and I do recommend it. It does turn a little orangy during the day sometimes but not usually.

on 11/14/2011 10:38:00 PM

The colors on the packaging are VERY misleading.. Im nc15 in mac and I bought ivory beige but once I opened it the color is actually very dark like a medium beige. Fair/pale toned ladies stay away from this stuff.. probably skin tones nc30 and deeper would be best for this foundation. It also didnt smooth onto my skin very well..was a bit splotchy.

Let me start by saying I purchased this and immediately tried it on. I was SOOOOO impressed at the results. My skin was stunning and very airbrushed looking.... then I started to realize how easily it rubs off---so bad that it can be embarrassing.(used a friends cell phone & when I was done her cell was covered in this product) I want this to be my HG so badly but it rubs off! Seriously if someone/something touches my face,..even just grazes it lightly it will rub off! :[ I wish it were more like 'Colorstay'.

I will however continue using it, I just have to be very careful. I just want to warn people of this so they don't get embarrassed when it rubs off. lol

PRO'S:
-Very natural looking
-Covers scars/redness
-Not cakey
-Application is so easy and fun ;]
-Perfect shade

CONS:
-MUST blend after application..around edges and eyebrows because of its creamy texture
-I have oily skin--enough said.
-RUBS OFF!!!!!
-Can look bland