April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I use mineral powder on a daily basis and I always end up a little shiny after a few hours because I have oily skin, so I hoped this tub of loose powder would help with that problem. It did help with the shine but I had to add more than I thought I needed, so I guess this is a great powder for newbies because it's hard to overdo this one. Overall, this product is a very fine powder, goes on smoothly and works best with a big powder brush (ignore the pouffe that it comes with). It also doubles as a great setting powder for foundation or concealer. :)

NOTE: Yes, the packaging is absolute hell. The trick I use is that I take out the pouffe entirely, close the lid, hold it upright and then give it one shake. I gently remove the lid and there should be more than enough powder remaining on it. (DO NOT TILT IT UPSIDE DOWN, a lot comes up if you do that!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this recently in Target for approx. $5 in the Medium as whenever I get those supposedly translucent or universal colors, they appear ghostly on me. The Light looked too pale. I was pleased with the Medium. It's not yellow, not pink. Good finishing powder. Nothing keeps my oily skin shine free in this heat, but this is a lightweight powder to use over foundation or just on bare moisturized skin. The puff provided is awful. I use a brush I got with some other loose powder product and I use the swirl & tap method. I'd like this better in a pressed powder and I am not a fan of loose powder, but it's a good product anyway. Great value for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this loose powder. been using it for years. HG loose powder. I use this in light and it is the perfect shade. There is no shimmer or shine with this powder. Good for long wear. Keeps the foundation looking matte and wearable. i like how this shade is yellow based and gives my skin a more natural finish. I've tried powders from loreal, covergirl and rimmel but they were just too pink. This also glides on very smooth. I use the ecotools powder brush. It sets foundation well and last 4-6 hours. Its my HG. hope maybelline doesnt discontinue this. I always buy again, cause Maybelline always discontinues it if doesn't sell well. they discontinued the shine free pressed powder, but please do not discontinue the loose powder, i will go into a rage if they do.

Maybelline please DO NOT DISCONTINUE!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Darkchocolatelover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product works good!! It helps with shine. The con of this product is that it tends to get messy and the powder puff is flimsy. I use a makeup sponge instead. After I apply the loose powder, I use their shine free pressed powder. Then, I use a makeup brush to blend everything in. And the results are decent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the actual formula; it really controlls shine and keeps other makeup on. No, what ruined it for me was the irritating packaging. It was hard to get powder on the puff, was messy trying to do it.... packaging sucked...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by healthcrazy23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very good! It controls the shine amazingly and is non irritating. However I wish instead of the weird powder puff it was just loose and we could use a makeup blush brush thing. Other than the annoying packaging, the actual formula/product is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by choshinsei

There's a lot of product in there, but it does an okay job for being a setting powder. I use it on top of my Physician's Formula powder, as I'm trying to see if I can clear up all my pimples that were probably caused by Bare Minerals. But I don't think I would purchase again once I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Simply2Smile

I have combination skin so I needed something that would tone down any oiliness in my T zone. I spotted this and had high hopes for this product because I like the Shine Free Pressed Powder even to this day. Unfortunately, I've only used this twice ever since I bought it almost two years ago. Shortly after applying this (as in a few minutes), my skin started to peel! I thought it may have been caused by something else and I ignorantly used it the following day. Of course, my skin peeled yet again within the next 10 minutes. I'm sure that this is what caused that irritation because this was the only product I applied to my face that day. My skin isn't particularly sensitve to products and so I was extremely surprised. I don't even care if this truely does matify the face anymore, I wouldn't dare lay a finger on this powder again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been purchasing this product for a while now in medium. I will go back and forth from this to Netrogena loose powder. Although I'm not sure why I continue to purchase. I guess I'm just used to it and can't beat the price for the quanity. It's very weird. When it is brand new it works great. I have oily/dry skin. It appears to really reduce shine, however can tend to dry out around my nose and eyebrow area. (Then again I don't always apply moisturizer as I should.) But it doesn't last all day as advertized. After a few hours the shine is back and I need to reapply. Does not reapply very well. 2nd-3rd reapply it starts to appear orange on my skin. The pad wears out quick.

Although it helps reduce shine it does nothing for covering up blemishes. I'm really going to look for a new powder once this one runs out.

PS: The powder is missy, but I haven't came across a loose powder that wasn't somewhat messy so its forgiving. I keep the pad seperate from the actual container.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suppose I've been buying the wrong "oil control" make up for my face because this powder didn't really do anything for me. I did not like the packaging, it's very messy, the powder puff is very hard to grab, I guess it didn't work on me because i didn't use the powder puff it came with instead I used my own powder brush. Overall it's an okay product, it doesn't smell like anything, it only comes in like two shades.