April 16, 2014 | 1059 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by eos127

I LOVE this eyeshadow...i'm just gonna put that out there. It's the perfect brown that not too cool/warm for my NW15 skin. It has a bit of shimmer which is nice and blends quite easily. It has the perfect mix of bronze and red to bring out my blue/green eyes. It is also so versatile as I can put it in the crease for a subtle look or on the lid for a smokey brown look. I highly recommend this to anyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by phinester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eye hadow is the most beautiful colour i have in my mac palette soo far, Im a dark skinned girl and when i apply it it looks so bronze and beautiful i can apply it with a light high light colour in the inner tear duct and its the perfect eye look. I've recently purchased this eye shadow and i've already fallen in love, i think i will hit pan soon with this eye shadow cause i've used it nearly everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just SOO ordinary its CRAZY, i have wet n wild eyeshadows that are much longer wearing and more pigmented as well!
Its very hard to work with, and its just basically a smokey dark brown, hard to work with eyeshadow, with shimmer sparkles in it, that doesn't show. Ridicilous price, and overated.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by AnnaCate007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this color! It is a very warm medium brown. Perfect for the crease. I am nw30 and it looks awesome on my lids as well. I can use a light hand to create a sheer wash of this on my lids and deepen it in the crease and add another shade as a highlight and I'm set. In the summer when my skin is darker I wear this during the day a lot, in the dead of winter when I'm a lot paler it can sometimes be too much though. It is ver blendable and pigmented, a little goes a long way, you definately don't need to "dig" to get color on your brush. I will buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mcavana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite MAC shadow to date ... I love this color! It sets off my hazel eyes (I'm older and just paired it with gesso as an inner corner highlighter over painterly paintpot as a primer). I think I'll always want to have this one nearby.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by BeckaBooo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Damn. I wanted to love this eyeshadow. Unfortunately, I hate it. I'm aware that "hate" is a strong word... but I hate it. I researched a lot before buying it and due to impatience, I didn't swatch it in a store before buying. I thought it would be a perfect warm brown, but on me, it's an awful dirty-brown-orange colour. I can only just make it work by adding a tiny bit to warm up cooler browns. The texture, however, is lovely.

I hate to bring down the rating. I know it's a much-loved eyeshadow by many people, and this is evident from it's high ratings and good reviews, but Mulch just wasn't for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by stefsim

My very first MAC eyeshadow...
This is not as smooth or soft as my Naked palette shadows, but blending is not too hard.. It is a very nice brown with a little shimmer. A bit of this and some eyeliner is really pretty..
However, I find that if I put more than a little on, it looks a little dirty on my Asian lids.. So I use this sparingly.
On days you don't want to put on too much makeup, a sweep of Mulch on the outer corners is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great neutral shimmer brown colour for the crease. It is very smooth in texture and blendable to create a soft look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite eyeshadow for a bronzy look. I love this damn color! It's so pretty for spring/ summer especially with all these new bright lippies taking over this is perfect to keep the eye natural but helping it too stand out on its own at the same time without looking like to much. Im nc45 mix with nc 50 and i wear this as a lid color with nothing else or with texture in the crease blended out with my 224 lightly and this makes beautiful smokey eyes and some blacktrack to line my eyes with lots of mascara and it's just so seductive. Mulch doesn't create a harsh look that some browns can, thats why i do this as a lid color mainly and even for those days i want to keep it
soft, this on my lid packed on with my 239 with some mascara, with coppertone blush and some viva glam v lip gloss and I'm good to go! Pls try this if you haven't. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by penultimateVII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The name 'Mulch' leaves a lot to be desired, which is a shame as this eyeshadow is incredible. I use this most days in my crease to create some subtle shading and also when I'm going out to create a gorgeous smoky eye. It really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.