MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

I love to use this for a warm smoky eye. It's a really pretty bronze and is nicely pigmented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is a smokey neutral dark brown, suitable for a lot of skin tones. It brings out the cold tones of my grey eyes and works wonderfully as an everyday shade. I love it with a satiny champagne and black eyeliner. It's definitely not an unique shade, and it's overly priced since it's from MAC, but it's still a great staple.

I LOVE this eyeshadow...i'm just gonna put that out there. It's the perfect brown that not too cool/warm for my NW15 skin. It has a bit of shimmer which is nice and blends quite easily. It has the perfect mix of bronze and red to bring out my blue/green eyes. It is also so versatile as I can put it in the crease for a subtle look or on the lid for a smokey brown look. I highly recommend this to anyone!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This eye hadow is the most beautiful colour i have in my mac palette soo far, Im a dark skinned girl and when i apply it it looks so bronze and beautiful i can apply it with a light high light colour in the inner tear duct and its the perfect eye look. I've recently purchased this eye shadow and i've already fallen in love, i think i will hit pan soon with this eye shadow cause i've used it nearly everyday.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is just SOO ordinary its CRAZY, i have wet n wild eyeshadows that are much longer wearing and more pigmented as well!
Its very hard to work with, and its just basically a smokey dark brown, hard to work with eyeshadow, with shimmer sparkles in it, that doesn't show. Ridicilous price, and overated.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this color! It is a very warm medium brown. Perfect for the crease. I am nw30 and it looks awesome on my lids as well. I can use a light hand to create a sheer wash of this on my lids and deepen it in the crease and add another shade as a highlight and I'm set. In the summer when my skin is darker I wear this during the day a lot, in the dead of winter when I'm a lot paler it can sometimes be too much though. It is ver blendable and pigmented, a little goes a long way, you definately don't need to "dig" to get color on your brush. I will buy this over and over again.

My favorite MAC shadow to date ... I love this color! It sets off my hazel eyes (I'm older and just paired it with gesso as an inner corner highlighter over painterly paintpot as a primer). I think I'll always want to have this one nearby.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Damn. I wanted to love this eyeshadow. Unfortunately, I hate it. I'm aware that "hate" is a strong word... but I hate it. I researched a lot before buying it and due to impatience, I didn't swatch it in a store before buying. I thought it would be a perfect warm brown, but on me, it's an awful dirty-brown-orange colour. I can only just make it work by adding a tiny bit to warm up cooler browns. The texture, however, is lovely.

I hate to bring down the rating. I know it's a much-loved eyeshadow by many people, and this is evident from it's high ratings and good reviews, but Mulch just wasn't for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My very first MAC eyeshadow...
This is not as smooth or soft as my Naked palette shadows, but blending is not too hard.. It is a very nice brown with a little shimmer. A bit of this and some eyeliner is really pretty..
However, I find that if I put more than a little on, it looks a little dirty on my Asian lids.. So I use this sparingly.
On days you don't want to put on too much makeup, a sweep of Mulch on the outer corners is nice.

Great neutral shimmer brown colour for the crease. It is very smooth in texture and blendable to create a soft look.

Top Rated MAC Products