Dr. Bronner's Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

All of Dr. Bronner's soaps are great, but this soap is my least favorite out of all of then. It's a little harsh and drying. Doesn't have a great smell, like the Peppermint Soap. It gets you super, squeeky clean, but I cannot use it on the babies, because it stings their little boy bits.

It's my go-to soap for sweaty, stinky feet, and if my skin feels rashy or super irritated.

Still a great product.

on 2/21/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Seeing Dr. Bronner's in people's cabinets growing up, I knew it was a mainstay of many a hippie household. I never tried it myself until recently. As a minimalist, I enjoy things that perform multiple functions for the time, money, and space they save.

So far I have used this as a body wash (refreshing!), shampoo (great for curly hair--helps eliminate frizz and cleans up your scalp), hand-washables (cleaned the hell out of my bras), and shaving (moisturizes and protects just as well as shave gel). I recommend it for all of the above. I also tried it as a face wash, but after a week of regular use my skin broke out so badly that I went running to Duane Reade for a bottle of my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Powerclean wash. So I won't live my dream of paring my beauty routine down to Dr. Bronner's, witch hazel, and Vaseline. All the other stuff it does makes up for that loss.

I plan to use it for handsoap, multipurpose cleaner, and possibly dishsoap as well. The key is to dilute; without doing that it clogs up dispensers and can be a little too harsh. A little goes a long way--I've barely used 10% of the 16 oz. bottle I bought. This stuff is very much a miracle and I wish I'd started using it years ago.

on 1/22/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh my goodness, i am in love. I literally ran out of the shower to write this review haha. This is the best body wash ever! It has a very creamy lather and is very gentle and non irritating or drying! I love the tea tree smell too. I picked this over others because I thought that tea tree would have the best benefit for my oily skin (pretty much on my chest and back) and its great! It is on sale at target right now (other scents are too.) Loooooove it! Best impulse buy yet!
Lately ive been using bath and body works body washes and every time id step out of the shower id feel a little irritated (could be the fragrance or the SLS, who knows)
Dr bonners has none of those ingredients yet it foams really well though. Now that i used dr bonners what a difference it makes in my skin! It is so soft and not dried out!
Will definitely repurchase. The bottle could use a pump but w/e. Im going to dilute mine and put it in a foamer bottle so Ill see how that goes.

on 12/15/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I dilute this liquid soap with water and it makes a wonderful body and face wash. I find that Tea Tree lathers better than all other scent and works the best in cleansing. I buy the big bottle and it last for months, such a good bargain.

on 12/12/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily skin and dermatitis. This soap has help reduce my dermatitis to almost non-existent.

on 11/29/2009 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Diluted, this makes the best face (and body!) cleanser ever. I have very oily, acne-prone skin but this cuts through the oil and removes makeup without stripping my skin or harming my under eye area. It's organic and natural and you get a lot for the price. This won't cure acne, so you shouldn't approach this expecting it to. It's just a great cleanser, not a cure-all. If serious acne is an issue for you and benzoyl peroxide doesn't work, you honestly need to see a dermatologist (I did, and I'm happy I did, and I'm not rich, and I used to really agonize over my skin). I would recommend using a salicylic acid toner every once in a while with this along with acne meds if necessary, if you have acne.

on 10/14/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i used the liquid soap. it is very harsh. i had a cyst on my face when i started using it and this soap made it get raw and bleed and then it turned into a big sore. this soap also made my face very oily. will not repurchase.

on 9/6/2009 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this as a face wash!
It's all natural and organic, foams lightly, and cleanses gently, but thoroughly - even removing tough mineral makeup.

I purchase a 4oz bottle for $2.99 and it lasts 6 months. Great value and an amazing product!

-1 for the scent, which I do not love, but I'm definitely a 'nice smell person'.

on 5/8/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Dr. Bronner soaps and this is another favorite of mine. They work perfectly for the acne-prone areas of my body, such as my back and chest, and it keeps the areas clear and bright. I use a seperate bodywash for the rest of my body. I can smell the tea tree oil and I love the quirky packaging. I bought a huge bottle on sale at Target. You can dilute these soaps, so a bottle will last you a long time. I have even used it on my face with no problems. They are organic too.

on 4/18/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought a bottle of this when I decided to use more natural products on my skin, and in that sense I wasn't disappointed. For a skin care product that doesn't contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid or the other harsh chemicals we think we need, this isn't a horrible choice. But I'm still suffering from major breakouts -- using this soap hasn't helped that, nor the overall quality of my skin.

As much as I want my face to love this, it's just not working for me. I don't think it's caused any more breakouts or irritation, but maybe I do need harsher chemicals for my severe breakouts. But I do really enjoy the scent (some people do, some don't...either way it doesn't last on your skin, so if you don't like it don't worry) and the fact that it's all natural ingredients, and I may continue to use it as a more natural shower gel option.

Popular Face Skincare Products