October 1, 2014 | 1346 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by dandanmian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cream has a lovely texture: smooth, thick and seriously non-greasy. It especially works when i put a dollop on my fingers and rub vigorously before application. I have combination skin so it only meets my t-zone before I sleep. But it is great for my dry cheeks and lots of the tiny dry bumps I've had have disappeared.
Also, I love the travel-friendly packaging. Getting the last bits out will not be an issue for me because of my usual penny-pinching strategy: cutting the tube into half when I can't get any more out and transferring the remainder into another pot. It always amazes me how much is left in a tube, which also mollifies my tight pockets.
The only drawback is that my skin does not readily absorb this soothing cream. For the first five minutes, I feel like I've got pancake mix on my face as I sit under my blasting fan so that I don't start sweating. But after that, it's all good :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this based on many reviews that claimed it calmed irritated skin that was resistant to other treatments. While the consistency and absorption are nice, it has done nothing for my skin. Within the last couple of months, I've noticed red, itchy bumps on my cheek that it completely unresponsive to anything I've tried. I do not think this cream has exacerbated the problem, but it certainly hasn't helped. While the ingredients are great, I think it is overpriced and that there are much better and more readily available products out there. Even on the areas of my face unaffected by my mysterious rash, I do not notice increased moisturization or any other benefits. Also, the aluminum tube is a pain because it allows too much product to come out and it will be difficult to get everything out once the tube is almost empty. Overall, unhappy with this cream and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lillykinloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased two large size tubes of this - one for my mother and one for my 1 year old son. Both are prone to extremely dry skin, and my mother was having some kind of nasty skin rash on her face (the skin was peeling off of areas on her face, and the doctors had tried many treatments including cortisone, antibiotics, etc. to treat the problem, but none worked.)

Although the bottle doesn't indicate it, Calendula Creams are usually gentle enough to use on toddlers and children. However, I would not recommend it for newborns since I don't think it's been tested on newborns. My son gets red, dry cheeks throughout the year (especially in winter). I started using this cream on my son's red cheeks and they appeared less irritated within an hour. Within a couple of days, the redness was completly gone, and his face was nice and soft. So, I suggested that my mother try it out, because she had tried every cream and medication that her dermatologist recommended, and nothing was helping to clear up the embarassing skin condition on her face. In fact, it looked worse everytime I saw her. She also said that the spots on her face were painful and itchy. My mother is a total skeptic about expensive face products. But within a few minutes of applying the Jurlique Calendula cream, she said her face wasn't itching anymore. That evening, we went to the Jurlique store and purchased a tube for her. Within about 2 weeks of using the Calendula cream daily, the spots on her face were completely gone. She loves this stuff and keeps it on hand at all times. Additionally, a small dab of this cream goes a long way.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

I LOVE this product.
This is the one thing that has made my skin go back to a nice pearly light color. It's obviously more healthy then before.
I had some discoloration, rougher facial skin & breakouts. After toning all my previous skincare steps down to just this as my main moisturizer, i've never looked better.
I have combination skin, oily T zone that gets dehydrated easy, occasional breakouts & clogged pores. On top of all that, it's sensitive..
After applying, it might look a bit like a sheen on oily type skin, but a nice sunscreen over it in the morning, solves that problem.
HG in my book, especially since you need so little of it to have an effect.
Too bad it's kinda hard to get the last bit out of the tube.
Wake up to healthier & glowing skin ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by yukichan3488

I love this cream! I use it on my face over my HA serum and Differin. However I must warn all those who are prone to clogged pores, be cautioned as this cream is pretty thick. This is a HG for me and it is pretty expensive so I suggest that you might want to try some samples (they sell them on ebay, etc.) before buying a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by saibu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very good skin aid. tends to clog pores if over-used. but i can get something just as good if not better for cheaper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had been using this over a week in both day and night as a moisturser. The cream is really hydrating as it makes my skin less oily and it had reduces redness on my face. I am not sure if it helps any of my acne as I had not seen any major change on it. Overall, it is a good moisturser for combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by anonymous1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty much the only moisturizer that does not irritate my skin, which is in the throes of a reasonably bad rosacea flare-up, complete with itching, redness, and inflamed skin.
Very gentle product, but it won't do much aside from not bother your skin. If you're looking for effective anti-aging, clarifying, etc. ingredients, this is not the cream for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This rich yellow cream isn't greasy at all. It moisturizes well leaving a matte finish. However, it's not a miracle cream. It's doesn't fix problem skin but doesn't worsen it either. I will buy this again because it's good for traveling as it comes in a tube rather than a jar. I've tried other Jurlique creams like the viola one but this is the best as it is not greasy but still rich.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Description (from box): A soothing, non-greasy cream rich in calendula and witch hazel to restore and condition delicate skin. Ideal as an after-sun moisturiser.

Directions (from box): Warm a small amount between fingertips and gently press onto the skin as required.

Other general information (from box): Our herbs and flowers are gently tended and harvested by hand on our certified organic and biodynamic farms. Made in Australia.

Review: I use a pea-sized amount of the calendula cream. When patted onto the skin as stated in the directions, this thick yellow moisturiser sinks in to leave a completely matte finish. The description ďnon-greasyĒ is spot-on. Some might think it isnít moisturising enough but it makes my mature combination skin feel nourished and plumped. Itís expensive and not one of my staples but I do love buying it now and then as a treat. I regularly during the week have minimalist nights when I just cleanse, tone and moisturise and this is the perfect fit for those times. Itís also a good choice for oily or sensitive skin or for anyone whose skin needs calming.

Ingredients (from box): Water, Cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Honey, Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cocoglycerides, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Macademia ternifolia seed oil, Avocado oil, Calendula officinalis flower extract, Echinacea purpurea root extract, Witch hazel extract, Prunella vulgaris (self heal) flower extract, Spilanthes acmella flower extract, Marshmallow root extract, Carrot root extract, Safflower seed oil, Shea butter oil, Evening primrose oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, Vitamin E, Lactic acid, Grapefruit seed extract, Panthenol

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No