September 1, 2014 | 1982 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - Lash Curling Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ermccall

I LOVE this mascara. I keep it in Jet Black and in Auburn for days when I'm not wanting as dramatic a look. It's not technically waterproof but I've never had a problem. No racoon eyes ever. The only draw back is that I have to use eye makeup remover now that I'm using Cetaphil.

This is the best mascara I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cliosiren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long eyelashes and oily skin. I've always had a problem with black smudges under my eyes in the summer, especially when it's very hot. Then I found this mascara! It doesn't give me racoon eyes. I love it! I do, however, think that it is too expensive. But it's such the perfect product for me that I pay it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I have found that provides nice volumizing and lengthening ability. Goes on thick, but dries quickly and does not smudge or flake off throughout the day. Wears comfortably (use contact lenses without problem). Removes easily with any cleanser - comes off in gel-like pieces. Cons: Doesn't actually curl lashes (use eyelash curler before applying and midday have to curl again - maybe due to thickness of product (?)) and have to clean off a lot of product from tube opening after each use.
The Pros definitely outweight the Cons though. This is one of my makeup bag staples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

I don't get much curling from this mascara, but I still think it's a great product. It takes a while to build it up into a decent coat, but once applied it's smooth and not clumpy, reasonably natural-looking. Stays on all day without flaking or smearing, but comes off really easily with just hot water. It's terrific for contact lens wearers because it comes off in tiny pieces rather than dissolving - looks a bit messy, but at least it doesn't irritate the eyes. I find MF Lash Perfection a better all round mascara, but what draws me to this one is the Auburn shade - a warm rusty brown that doesn't look like a party colour but still makes my green eyes pop.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ArielleDivina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara. I used to use Shu Uemura, YSL faux cils, Perscriptives False lashes, MAC Xmascara, and lancome definicils at various times but none of them had the combined power of this Trish Mascara. I have very long, very thick and VERY straight lashes. This mascara does actually give them enough lift (I wouldn't say curl) to go without a damaging lash curler most days. It is a special formula that forms little tubes around lashes in order to protect the hair as opposed to the hairspray like feel of other mascaras. When removing the mascara I don't even need eye makeup remover. I just wash my face and VERY GENTLY loosen the little tubes from my lashes with my fingers. They come right off leaving no raccoon eyes, and no damaging residue on my lashes. This is a very intense mascara-not for the faint of heart. You get a really dramatic look-not tammy faye, but people will comment on how gorgeous your lashes are as opposed to Shu Uemura which just gives a slightly more defined natural look. It all depends on your personal preferences. I have taken away one lippie for the ridiculous price. I paid $28 at Nordstrom! But all designer makeup is pricey now isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 12:42:00 PM More reviews by annemariealex

This is the most awesome mascara ever. It doesn't budge once you put it on, and it comes off in nicely too--no raccoon eyes. I purchased this in Auburn, which makes my blue eyes pop. Although it is more money than I normally pay for mascara, it is worth every penny. No flaking and no smudging--I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by claire50

The silicon-based formula of this mascara makes it wonderful for those days (everyday?!) where you don't have the time to think about how your eye make up is holding up. However, if you take a nap with it on, you pretty much have to take it all off and start over. It's not because of fading or smudging; it's because it's not flexible like "regular" mascara. It bends when pressure is applied.

That being said - it's easy to put on and it stays on during those days where you're not going get a nap in =). I just put on a coat, let it dry a few minutes and reapply, immediately combing through while the second coat is still wet. I am done for the day! It comes off pretty easily too, although I wonder if the light rubbing required is causing wrinkles? Lately, I've been more into volume than length, so I have been using Dior Show 1st, then this on top. Looks pretty good, but am dying to try new Trish volumizing formulation.

A tube lasted me 2 months w/ daily use. Worth the $26, if you have it to blow on mascara. If not, I say go with - you know what, nothing else really compares now and I don't want to use another mascara, nor recommend one to you! It's really good stuff. Plus, I never have raccoon eyes in the AM - love that! That was the only drawback of DiorShow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by JoniGirl

Iím almost out of this mascara and Iíll most definitely repurchase. This is the best mascara Iíve ever used. I used to use English Ideas Mega Mascara and this is 10x better. Okay, it doesnít curl my lashed worth a damn, but I donít care. I live in Hawaii where it is always humid and warm. My skin is very oily and mascara, even on top lashes only, usually gives me dark shadows under my eyes. This miracle mascara isnít waterproof so it washes off very easily. However, I put two coats of this stuff on my top and bottom lashes and it never, ever smudges. If this product is ever discontinued I donít know what Iíll do. Love, love, love this mascara. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Dinorah

Trish McEvoy's curling mascara is the best I've used, hands down, ever. I love the fact that it looks the same at 5:00PM as it did when I applied it early that morning. I look professional, clean and fresh until I decide to take it off. When I wash it off, it comes out in little clumps and never smears under my eyes. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by begbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara I have ever used! It does not smudge - at all. My lashes are nicely covered and not clumpy. It is easy to remove with mascara remover - I use an Almay Gel remover - works fine. The top of the wand gets clumpy where it screws shut, but this stuff works great for me. It is $24 retail - I gave it a 4, perhaps it's a 5