September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by loabud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It opens with a very green note which I can't identify (assume it's the ivy leaf) this note lasts long on my skin. Then it changes to a sweet and powdery at the same time, the note of licorice is emerging amid the green leaves of ivy, I can smell a bit of star anise and vanilla (which my skin is not very pronounced). I cannot identify the development of other notes, the development stops here and this smell sweet / powdery lasts until disappear completely. Finally, don't think it's sweet as a BS Fantasy or L by Lolita as other people tend to compare, on my skin is not unbearably sweet and not cloying, it's a sweet contained and balanced.
The staying power is around 7 or 8 hours, which is very good. I get many compliments when I use it. I think it is very good at lower temperatures, but can also be used in the spring without many problems. It just gets a little heavy if used in the summer, I mean above 28 C.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by versepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sweet, pretty, warm, slightly woodsy, vanilla, anise.

This is a nice feminine fragrance, lasts for most of the day, remains on clothing.

EDIT: From 4 to a 5, this is probably now my signature scent. I've really come to appreciate it. It is sweet and yummy without reeking like food or a baked good, or even just vanilla for that matter. While it is feminine, I don't find it immature or shrieking. It doesn't burn my nose or make me nauseous later in the day. It has warmth to it but is not: spicy, hippy-like, or reminiscent of grandma perfume. It lasts throughout the day not in an overpowering way, but you get little whiffs of it every so often. If you spray it on your neck or chest and hide your nose in your shirt it's a beautiful escape. I really love this perfume. I wish the other body products were not so costly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by robbieb

I feel compelled to post here because a coworker of mine wears this fragrance. It literally makes me sick for an hour or two every afternoon after she sprays it in her office. It is so unbelievably nauseating and overwhelming. Instant headache. Instant misery. If you are a fan of this, please be careful when and where you spray it... I'd have a hard time thinking of any perfume I loathe and fear more than this one.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

In my opinion this is one nasty, artificial/plasticky scent. I really dislike it and dont get the rave reviews

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice fragrance! Especially nice for fall and winter but I enjoyed it the summer when I first purchased it too. I found a gift set in Marshall's that came with the perfume and lotion and its nice layering them together.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

The only thing I liked about this was the packaging.
The scent itself was just over-whelming [in a nausea inducing way] and reeked of something an old lady would wear.

I've smelt it on myself and on others and still don't like it. I gave it two lippies though because the bottle is so cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite perfume of all time. I have so many bottles of this one, plus all the other ones she has, and I don't think I'll ever wear anything else. It's such a pretty/unique scent. I get a lot of compliments on it. It's pretty reasonably priced too

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely, complex scent. I can discern vanilla, licorice, and floral... It really lasts too. A scent that could be night or day, Lempicka is sophisticated and unique.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this at Shoppers cuz it was on for $19.99 and people were making a big deal about that. Someone told me it had vanilla in it and being the gourmand lover that I am, thought I'd give it a whirl. Well, the one word for this fragrance is "complex". There are tons of notes in it...sometimes they feel like they are competing with one another. The vanilla, the licorice -- it's all a bit overwhelming. I didn't like it as the first thing I thought about was by the time I got in the car was "this is what people are talking about when they say they can't stand perfume"...like when places make the collective decision to become "fragrance free" I bet someone was wearing Lolita Lempicka. It's not that it smells 'bad' necessarily -- like a picture or person, some angle are good, some not so much...some whiffs are delicious, and some are overwhelming...there's just a lot going on here. I like clean fresh or gourmand fragrances -- this has the gourmand element but sort of overbearing.

Be careful with this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite scents, made by one of my favourite perfumers. Annick Menardo's Lolita Lempicka eau de parfum is a work of art. The 1990s saw a gourmand boom, hot to cash in on the success of Mugler's Angel. Lolita Lempicka rode that wave, but with originality not found in many gourmands made then and since.

The other main gourmand violet that moves me is Ropion's original Aimez-Moi. They're both zingy, feisty perfumes -- but the original Caron brings to mind crisp autumn days in England or ice cold Hitchcock blondes like Eva Marie Saint and Tippi Hedren.
Lolita Lempicka smoulders -- sweet, rich and darkly sexy. She's Ingrid Bergman in Notorious or Spellbound, or the unhinged beauty played by Marion Cotillard in Inception. Yes, she is definitely Cotillard in 'that' dress, and Cotillard threatening to...jump...

Grown-ups with a fondness for a fairytale or gothic aesthetic will fall in love with the wonderful bottle -- Eve's apple -- purple and gold, with deliciously curly script and curved stem. The design goes well with the super-candied-and-spiced violet-anise. There's a herbal quality to the top of the scent which makes me consider an absinthe note, but it's not exactly absinthe. The patchouli is sweet but ever so slightly 'vetivered'. There's a dance of hot and cool -- I suspect it's the way the anise-violet-iris accord is so expertly handled. Ropion too does the cool-warm thing well in Aimez-Moi but, as I said before, those anise-soaked violets are in the sun, Menardo's are in the shade, maybe even half-buried in the dirt. I get a little cherry sometimes, if I'm lucky -- but this note is better felt in a LE Amarena version of the scent, released years ago.

The perfumer is one of a few who can take a tooth-achingly sweet gourmand base-scent and soften it with smoke or rubber (think Guerlain Bois D'Armenie, think Bulgari Black) and there's smoke here too, snaking its way right through the heart of Lolita-L, getting lost in a haze of heliotrope, getting hopelessly tangled in liquorice whips and lost in a thin mist of powdered sugar.

The way the name trips off the tongue -- Lolita Lempicka -- fabulous. What is that Nabokov quote? "...Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

Full marks for everything. Think: wild glamour, lost souls, chaotic love and dangerous beauty. Wow, just - wow.

29 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No