April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite perfume of all time. I have so many bottles of this one, plus all the other ones she has, and I don't think I'll ever wear anything else. It's such a pretty/unique scent. I get a lot of compliments on it. It's pretty reasonably priced too

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely, complex scent. I can discern vanilla, licorice, and floral... It really lasts too. A scent that could be night or day, Lempicka is sophisticated and unique.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this at Shoppers cuz it was on for $19.99 and people were making a big deal about that. Someone told me it had vanilla in it and being the gourmand lover that I am, thought I'd give it a whirl. Well, the one word for this fragrance is "complex". There are tons of notes in it...sometimes they feel like they are competing with one another. The vanilla, the licorice -- it's all a bit overwhelming. I didn't like it as the first thing I thought about was by the time I got in the car was "this is what people are talking about when they say they can't stand perfume"...like when places make the collective decision to become "fragrance free" I bet someone was wearing Lolita Lempicka. It's not that it smells 'bad' necessarily -- like a picture or person, some angle are good, some not so much...some whiffs are delicious, and some are overwhelming...there's just a lot going on here. I like clean fresh or gourmand fragrances -- this has the gourmand element but sort of overbearing.

Be careful with this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favourite scents, made by one of my favourite perfumers. Annick Menardo's Lolita Lempicka eau de parfum is a work of art. The 1990s saw a gourmand boom, hot to cash in on the success of Mugler's Angel. Lolita Lempicka rode that wave, but with originality not found in many gourmands made then and since.

The other main gourmand violet that moves me is Ropion's original Aimez-Moi. They're both zingy, feisty perfumes -- but the original Caron brings to mind crisp autumn days in England or ice cold Hitchcock blondes like Eva Marie Saint and Tippi Hedren.
Lolita Lempicka smoulders -- sweet, rich and darkly sexy. She's Ingrid Bergman in Notorious or Spellbound, or the unhinged beauty played by Marion Cotillard in Inception. Yes, she is definitely Cotillard in 'that' dress, and Cotillard threatening to...jump...

Grown-ups with a fondness for a fairytale or gothic aesthetic will fall in love with the wonderful bottle -- Eve's apple -- purple and gold, with deliciously curly script and curved stem. The design goes well with the super-candied-and-spiced violet-anise. There's a herbal quality to the top of the scent which makes me consider an absinthe note, but it's not exactly absinthe. The patchouli is sweet but ever so slightly 'vetivered'. There's a dance of hot and cool -- I suspect it's the way the anise-violet-iris accord is so expertly handled. Ropion too does the cool-warm thing well in Aimez-Moi but, as I said before, those anise-soaked violets are in the sun, Menardo's are in the shade, maybe even half-buried in the dirt. I get a little cherry sometimes, if I'm lucky -- but this note is better felt in a LE Amarena version of the scent, released years ago.

The perfumer is one of a few who can take a tooth-achingly sweet gourmand base-scent and soften it with smoke or rubber (think Guerlain Bois D'Armenie, think Bulgari Black) and there's smoke here too, snaking its way right through the heart of Lolita-L, getting lost in a haze of heliotrope, getting hopelessly tangled in liquorice whips and lost in a thin mist of powdered sugar.

The way the name trips off the tongue -- Lolita Lempicka -- fabulous. What is that Nabokov quote? "...Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

Full marks for everything. Think: wild glamour, lost souls, chaotic love and dangerous beauty. Wow, just - wow.

28 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is my favourite perfume for Fall/Winter. It was a nice change from my usual sweet, fruity scents. This one comes off as woodsy but still feminine. I don't really small the licorice in it (which is a good thing since I don't like it) but I can definitely smell the floral notes and musk. This is not going to come off the same on everyone, but for me it was a winner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much. I love woody oriental type frangrances but this scent was a no go. On first spray I get a strong hit of fruit and ivy. After a little while I smelled my wrist and I still get the fruit but also a strong musk. It almost smells like I had two different scents on my wrist, it's a little schizophrenic. The final dry down is a wonderful anise, tonka bean and musk scent. If the first spray smelled like the final dry down, I would totally love this. But it's not worth the hour or two it takes to get to it. The bottle is wonderful though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my lord. My mother and I had heard a lot about the complex licorice, vanilla, green ivy and violet notes and sought it out to try. We sprayed it on both our wrists and waited a few minutes, both sniffed and and our eyes met. What? I said, Do you smell what I smell? She said that can't be synthetic rubber and some sort of chemical smell? And I said is it SPERMIDAL CONDOMS?? YES! She cried, thats it, how disgusting! So thats what the advertising meant when it called this the "My First Time Fragrance"! It seems to be a simple 2-note perfume, first the "condom accord" then dries down to a sour peppery musk. No sweetness, no green notes or licorice ect. Just spermicidal condoms and cheap old musk. Didn't last long it faded quickly thank god. To sum up, I'd rather smell like a wet dog or a piece of cheese than this. Fragrances REALLY seem to be a matter of opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Im not sure yet!!! like I wanted to love it because all of the reviews , and if I read through the notes in this one I would be completely and utterly in love with it However it doesn t transferr dthose scents into my skin I really wished to love it !!

this itīs what is smells to me:

at first it is like very green, grassy ... then slowly it turns into rotting wet leaves. very very musky and then BAM ... like dirt! yeah that it is what I smell !!! soil or wet dirt, when you hold wet dirt in your hand that is precisely what I get..... then slowly I can smell a bit of vanilla somewhere??? no licorice on me NOTHING... very very musky again a bit of dirt , in the end I can smell the powdery dry down with some more dirt, not precisely sweet as others mention, I plainly get powder, musk and dirt..... If I could describe it better it smells ike the sweater you put inside your drawer for over a year and then you pull out and has that very peculiar scent of old clothing??? I really want to like it I will wear it and see if I get complimented in any way..... I so unhappy now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Unique and beautiful. I am really turned off by overly sweet (singers turned perfumers) scents. This is so not one of those. It is more complex and mature.