April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this toner for years!
I had combination skin when I was younger which was acne prone, and even though alcohol dries out the skin and inflames the spots, I found this was great keeping the oil and sebum at bay.
Now that I am a little older and my skin is more normal than combination, I still love to use this. I love seeing the product pick up all the dirt and residue on the cotton ball. It's very refreshing.
I only use this in the evening though, never twice a day, concentrating on the T zones only.
If this product is too drying for you, try using it only once daily after the day has ended. Using it in your morning routine may strip all the oil your skin naturally produces and dry out the skin too much. I will definitely use this product for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I've been using this for years, along with the clinque mild cleanser and DDMG. This toner is unbelievably refreshing, soothing, and gets rid of any makeup, oil, or dirt left behind that your cleanser didn't get. It leaves a very tingly, clean feeling. I feel like it brings my skin back to neutral, back to comfort when I have a breakout (dry patches, acne, etc), it works on any and all problems I have. It is NOT excessively harsh as many people like to claim. I have some of the most sensitive, picky, easily-irritated skin, and this works great for me. When i stop using it, my skin freaks out ! I'll never stop using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by julia252

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this toner! Clinique products are amazing are they are the only thing that dosent make me break out. after i wash my face, i apply this toner and it cleans the areas that my cleanser didn't reach. My pores feels really clean and therefore it prevents blemishes. Only downside to this is that it contains alcohol & its quite pricey but if it works then i'm willing to pay! definetly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have combination-to-oily, acne-prone skin. I have tried every clarifying lotion that Clinique makes except for the No. 1 version. The only two that I plan to stick with are the Mild Clarifying Lotion and this version. I switch back and forth between using them and this is what I have found to work best for me.

After application, the clarifying lotion does sting my skin somewhat. I attribute such to the level of alcohol added within it. Now, the alcohol smell that it has in it is definitely not as strong as the No. 3 and 4 Clarifying Lotions that Clinique sells. And, the stinging sensation that I get with the No. 2 version is surely less than what I've gotten when I've used the higher numbered clarifying lotions(3 and 4) instead.

If you are someone who has combination, oily, and/or acne-prone skin and the No. 3 and 4 Clarifying Lotions are too much for your skin too handle, I highly recommend trying Clarifying Lotion #2 or possibly the Mild Clarifying Lotion (which is 100% alcohol free) instead. It really helps to increase cell turnover (which boosts skin's clarity) and greatly clear out deeply embedded dirt, grime, and bacteria from inside one's pores. And, in turn, this helps with the alleviating of acne on one's face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jmasters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

When I started out with the 3-step, I was advised to use it twice a day. But in the last year I noticed that I was breaking out regularly, despite my routine, and it was actually worse the more I tried to remedy it.
I realised - I was breaking out due to over cleansing. Now I only use this lotion once a day, in the evening. My skin's never been better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by simpson945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I will not go without this product. I don't use this everyday(I did for a while but it's a bit too harsh for me),but if I get pimple or whiteheads, I would soak a cotton pad and use this as a mini mask, just on the affected area. also, if I just cleared some blackheads and clogged pores, I would use this to soak as well. I think this helps to reduce inflammation and tightens the pore and clears away any micro remaining gunks out of them, so that those things won't come back.

I always get the biggest bottle and if they have the bottle with the pump, I would get that. if you love these clarifying lotions, you really should get the pump bottle. it makes your life so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by citywalks

Worrying to see people refer to this as a toner, as it is an exfoliater. Keeps my skin looking radiant and smoother. Good work

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by antisheep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

After three years using this product on and off I think I have to finally bite the bullet and admit it... this is THE make or break part of my skincare routine.

I really didn't want it to be because I have had very limited success with other aspects of Clinique and because I wanted to be able to drop a step from my skincare... but alas, it's not to be.

I have mostly dry/normal skin so when I went to the clinique counter years ago and they recommended I take something that smelt like this and put it on my face I considered getting their head checked, however it's amazing. Out of the clinique three step for me this is the only part that can't be duped elsewhere!

Within minutes of using this my skin looks perked up. Two days later my skin feels so much more in balance. I don't feel like I'm oily at all but nor do I feel that my skin is pruning up.

Probably the best thing about this though? It makes inexpensive moisturisers much more effective at what they do. I used to purchase clinique, origins etc moisturisers but due to life getting in the way I no longer have the luxury. But used in combo with my Nivea Q10 Night Cream, my skin feels amazing afterwards whereas I was previously having issues getting the moisturiser to sink in on particularly hot days.

Right now I'm only using this at night as I'm worried that this may be a bit intense at the minute for me but I will have a part of this range in my program even if I have to change numbers with the season or with age.

I would urge you not to be put off by the smell or the tingling feeling, this is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received a free sample pack of the 3 step system from sephora. This product definitely helped with oil control on my forehead and nose, but it absolutely burned my skin in the sensitive areas around my mouth and chin after 3 days of use. I'm still dealing with flaky red patches a week after I stopped using it. If you have sensitive skin, beware. I switched to the mild toner, but even that seems to be drying me out too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I first used this when I was 20, and liked that it insured that my face was clean of all traces of dirt, oil, and makeup morning and night. I did use this as part of the 3-step skin care treatment Clinique offers. However, I'm not sure if it's because I was using 2/Dry-Combo instead of 3/Oily-Combo—I highly doubt it—but I found that this product leaves a slightly burning sensation on my skin probably due to the amount of alcohol this contains. In fact this happens to contain a couple of known irritants in their ingredients, including menthol and witch hazel. I am a Clinique fan girl; I love nearly everything I've tried from Clinique. But this is the one product I could never recommend even to those with resilient skin like I thought I had.