October 1, 2014 | 1388 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by snowpaum

I don't get why people gave negative reviews on this one! This is my all time favorite toner hands down. First of all, I don't use this in the morning since it's not necessary for me. Although it is drying a little, this will definitely eliminate the makeup residues from your pores thoroughly if you use this at night after cleansing your face in the bathroom. I found myself coming back to this toner after exploring all the different kinds out there. I personally believe toner is used to get rid of all the excess makeup that the regular cleansers couldn't clean out. If you're looking for a moisturizing toner, then why do you use toner in the first place? Toners are generally drying a little to different extents. Use moisturizer to lock in moisture, not toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I do have to agree with most people on this that if you do have very sensitive skin i would not put this near your face because of the alcohol level and witch hazel in it. Yet i found i took a liking to this product after a couple uses because it cleared p all the gunk on my face that my cleanser left behind. I use is maybe 2-3 times a week once a day once a week on my whole face and twice on my t-zone i just loved how it quickly it cleared p my blackheads and he odd breakout just dab some on a cotton ball dab on the area and then used a mild moisturizer and my skin has never looked or felt better. Theres lots of good and bad reviews of this product, i dnt think id buy this again it is a bit pricey but if you use it on rare occasion a little goes a long way and will last a lot longer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I had a horrendous experience with Clinique products, considering that their toners would NOT balance out my combination skin, and would rather flare up my already flared up dry patches. The smell was horrendous, and it was interesting and rather disheartening to read on the back of the bottle that it is, indeed, flammable. Considering that liquids are generally flammable at 40% alcohol, you'll see why this toner is a definite no go. Why anyone would put this on their face is beyond me.

My sister uses hers as nail polish remover, let that sink in for a second.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by crazeee4u

I don't generally write reviews but this one definitely deserves one.. in a bad way. I got a sample of this in my Topbox and I finally got around to trying it out. First of all, it says its for dry combination skin which is absolutely what I have (esp with the dry Canadian weather at the moment). I honestly thought it would be similar to my Shiseido pureness toner but... it absolutely was not. It seriously stung my face, my face felt like it was on fire. I then looked at the label and it says "flammable", that leads me to believe that it must contain some alcohol in it. Why in the world would you put alcohol in a skin product for dry skin? That doesn't make any sense to me. I probably wouldn't buy it and my skin is a bit happier now that I have my night cream on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this through topbox. I have dry, sensitive skin. I was willing to try it as I sometimes get oily on my nose.

The smell combined with the large FLAMMABLE warning was worrying. I only used this on my nose, and it BURNS. I haven't actually had a bad reaction or breakouts, so I'm willing to get through the bottle. I don't want to use this anywhere else on my face though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why don't you just use battery acid on your face If your willing to use this...???This product I'd too aggressive and harsh on the skin. This or any of the other Clarifying Toners is definitely not for sensitive skin of any kind. They claim it exfoliates the skin, well that's definitely the truth. It's basically a freakin chemical peel. It's annoying when people say I use Clinique because its hypo allergenic. I've got news for you sister, most brands are and all are dermatologist tested. Hypo Allergenic doesn't mean your skin will not react to it, it actually means that is is made in a facility free of dust and bacteria. It's just a great marketing tool.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really a Clinique Type 3, but I use this some in winter. It works as well as the #3 Lotion in dry weather. My skin doesn't react to it in any negative way. It does tingle when you put it on, but that tells you it's working. Once the humidity gets high again I go back to Clarifying Lotion #3.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this toner for years!
I had combination skin when I was younger which was acne prone, and even though alcohol dries out the skin and inflames the spots, I found this was great keeping the oil and sebum at bay.
Now that I am a little older and my skin is more normal than combination, I still love to use this. I love seeing the product pick up all the dirt and residue on the cotton ball. It's very refreshing.
I only use this in the evening though, never twice a day, concentrating on the T zones only.
If this product is too drying for you, try using it only once daily after the day has ended. Using it in your morning routine may strip all the oil your skin naturally produces and dry out the skin too much. I will definitely use this product for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I've been using this for years, along with the clinque mild cleanser and DDMG. This toner is unbelievably refreshing, soothing, and gets rid of any makeup, oil, or dirt left behind that your cleanser didn't get. It leaves a very tingly, clean feeling. I feel like it brings my skin back to neutral, back to comfort when I have a breakout (dry patches, acne, etc), it works on any and all problems I have. It is NOT excessively harsh as many people like to claim. I have some of the most sensitive, picky, easily-irritated skin, and this works great for me. When i stop using it, my skin freaks out ! I'll never stop using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by julia252

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this toner! Clinique products are amazing are they are the only thing that dosent make me break out. after i wash my face, i apply this toner and it cleans the areas that my cleanser didn't reach. My pores feels really clean and therefore it prevents blemishes. Only downside to this is that it contains alcohol & its quite pricey but if it works then i'm willing to pay! definetly recommend!