April 19, 2014 | 840 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I watch a lot of beauty videos and tutorials online but I don't usually purchase a product just because someone on YouTube liked it, and I hadn't heard much about it on the MUB either, but when I was shopping one day I just caved and thought "why not?".

Price: This foundation definitely is not the cheapest at the drugstore, but it isn't the most expensive either. It is definitely more expensive then most of the other Covergirl foundations though. But it does have a pump and better packaging which is a plus.

Packaging: Like mentioned above this foundation DOES have a pump. Thank goodness! because whether you're apply your foundation with your hands, a brush, or a sponge, nothing sucks more than having to dump it out in your hands, so good on yah Covergirl! The actual container is a nice heavy weight glass bottle so it "shouldn't" break if you drop your makeup like I do :P The only thing I would change about the packaging is the straw attached to the pump that the product travels in to get to the spout of the pump (if that makes sense) does not reach to the bottom of the bottle so your only getting about 3 quarters of the product just using the pump. So if you want that last bit of product thatyou rightfully deserve and paid for (!) you'll have to dump in on your hands... And the whole point of having a pump bottled foundation is so that you don't have to do that.

Shading / Pigment of the product: So for reference I am WHITE. I'm your stereo typical white girl with red-ish brown hair and hazel eyes. I'm definitely not the whitest girl out there but I am pretty close. I am the lightest shade of this product and when first applied it matches seamlessly. But after about 20-45 minutes it turns to a darker shade as a result for the oxidization. It's alright enough that I can get away with it but when picking out a shade I would probably go at least half a shade lighter than your usual just to be safe.
I also am kind of peeved that the darker shades are not very dark. This is a globalizing world there are so many diverse skin tones and everyone should be able to go to the cosmetics section and find what they are looking for. Also the shades are rather pink toned, which for someone as pasty as me that's fine but not everyone is as pale as me.

Application: Personally I apply this product to my face by dabbing it on my face with my finger tips and then blending in with my Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman buffing brush, this I believe helps me achieve the best coverage possible. It blends in quite easily and is also pretty high coverage, well for me at least.

Scent: This foundation definitely has a "foundation" scent but thankfully isn't stuck with the Covergirl Clean trademark smell

Wear: This foundation wears very nicely and gives a matte finish. I don't feel the need to powder at all which is great, especially if your on a budget because it eliminates the need for another product. I would also recommend this to someone who has oily skin as the matte finish would most likely benefit them. But one thing I notice is right on the bridge of my nose It looks almost scaley. I have normal to slightly dry skin but I moisturize religiously and prime so it's strange that this product does that for me. For this reason if your skin type is dry to very dry this most likely isn't the product for you.

Longevity: Because I don't have oily skin, foundation "slipping off" isn't a problem for me but I do notice with lots of foundations that they wear off of me around mid day. This product surprised me its still fully intact after my long crazy day. It also seems to be sweat and humidity proof which is going to be great in the summer months

It's claims: this product claims to be 3 in 1 having the coverage of a concealer a primer and a foundation. It's a great foundation and don't get me wrong but I still use a primer and concealer just to give my face that extra umph. But you could definitely make this your one step face product.

Overall: I would recommend this to anyone with normal to slightly dry skin or normal to oily skin as a medium to full coverage buildable foundation.

Other DS products I would suggest pairing with this product: Revlon Age Defying Wrinkle Remedy Line filler ( no matter what your age it just stops the foundation from settling in any fine lines) Almay Smart Shade CC luminous primer ( which helps give an extra non-oily glow to avoid looking flat when you go matte) and a really good bronzer or blush to restore the glow in your skin, my fave at the moment to use at the moment is the Revlon Highlighting Palette in the shade 20 Rose Glow ( it may not be for everyone especially if your oily because it does have shimmer but I do like the way it looks on my fair skin)

* Thankyou for reading my long review hopefully it has been a help to you. if you have any questions about this product as well as any products mentioned please feel free to message me :)*

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by smile3760

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my number 1 HG foundation by far and tops any high end foundation I have used!! My skin is definitely oily and I always had to powder my face at least once a day in school, using other foundations. With 3-in-1 I go the whole day never powdering my face, its so mattifying! The coverage is great and the finish looks amazing! It is longwearing for sure, but the only con for me is that it does rub off quite easily if anything comes in contact with your face. That said, for under $15 US dollars I couldn't ask for a better foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Shanna2104

This foundation caused my skin to break out. I liked how it didn't need to be set with a powder, and the finish was much better than Revlon ColorStay IMO, but I couldn't continue using it. Every time I used it, I woke up the next day with breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

**SECOND UPDATE** In love again. I ended up purchasing in ivory because it was on for half price. This colour at first looks too light for me, but oxidizes a tiny bit into my perfect shade! I couldn't be happier! This stuff dries to a powder finish and i dont even need to set it. I can wear it for 12 hours and it doesn't transfer. It is much like Clarins Everlasting foundation with it's thin consistency, but without the obnoxious scent. Getting it on sale for $8.99 you can't go wrong.

**UPDATE** I took a lippie off because although the classic Ivory is too dark for me in the first place, it's not THAT dark and looks OK when I first apply it. However it does oxidize MUCH darker and more orange than it should. So although I love the finish, I just cant use it. I'm afraid to purchase in Ivory because I don't want to spend the money to have it oxidize and be orange-y too.

I love this foundation! I sampled it in classic ivory and for reference I am a NC15 in MAC makeup. I found the classic ivory a bit too dark, so if I decide to purchase (which I probably will) I will pick it up in the lightest shade "Ivory". This makeup covers better in one quick application than probably any foundation I've used. As much as I love my MAC studio sculpt, I find I get oily on my nose throughout the day and it seems to transfer. This kept me matte all day long, and so far, hasn't seemed to dry my skin out whatsoever. I also tend to be a bit reactive and the sides of my nose become itchy and therefore red throughout the day, but with this, I had no troubles. It definitely isn't a sheer coverage foundation, it is full and can look cakey if not applied properly. However I love the coverage, the fact that it doesnt irritate my skin and it keeps me matte all day. Will definitely be purchasing. Oh, and the price is great at $14.99 CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Tashad88

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! It's amazing & covers very good!!! Last all day long!!! Usually by the end of the day I'm pretty shiny/oily looking but not this foundation, by the end of the day still looks fresh & flawless!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC 25 in mac and I have this in Nude Beige. It's a perfect color match for me. I love this foundation so much! Revlon Colorstay used to be my holy grail but now this is my new favorite. I have extremely oily and acne prone skin, not the worst acne but a lot of scars on my cheeks. One pump of this does the job! My scars are almost completely concealed and with a tad bit of concealer I'm golden. I was worried about getting oil on my t-zone, but this foundation lasted pretty well. I wore this for more than twelve hours yesterday and at the end of the day my nose was a bit oily but that's it. Compared to colorstay, this doesn't dry as fast so I have more time to work with certain areas. I also like the pump, very easy to use. I mean, I paid $9 for this and I don't care if its not cute packaging. Overall, great value and great buy. Highly recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation. Keeps me matte even when I don't set it with powder or use a primer (it's claims to be 3 in 1 and hells bells, it is) I prefer to use my beauty blender to apply this for an even layer. I would recommend this for oily and combo skin because when I have my dry patch spells, it grabs on to it like a hooker on a millionaire. I get about 8 hours of wear (I work at Sephora, I need my makeup to last) even in the hot Vegas weather I've experienced. I haven't had break outs considering that I'm sensitive. The color range is amazing, I'm usually in between shades in every foundation but this worked amazing

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I could not find a decent colour match in this foundation. Nearly every shade runs very pink. I tried about 5 different shades, and none were yellow enough to look even the least bit natural on my NC20 skin. The closest match I could almost pull off was #825 Buff Beige, but the minute I got into my car, I could see horrifying pink patches in natural daylight, not a pretty sight. A few hours later it oxidised to a orangey-pink and highly unflattering colour not naturally found in any human beings. I can only wear this *maybe* if I blended it with another yellower foundation, and I didn't like this formula enough to bother.

Other than that, the finish is very matte on me, almost powdery and stays matte for a few hours. I didn't use any powder with it because I don't like that "ultra-matte" look. The coverage is medium and buildable, and although it is thick, has a silky easy to blend texture. You need to blend this out well otherwise it can be a bit mask-like. Did not seem to sink into pores but did rub off very easily and after 4 hours was gone from my nose and cheek area entirely - the lasting power wasn't great. Overall, I'm not impressed but this seems to work for many people so I do recommend trying it out for yourself *if* you can find a match.

Pros:
- comes with pump
- powdery matte finish, although this makes it looks dull and lifeless on me
- feels lightweight
- easy to blend
- did not cause breakouts or irritation

Cons:
- lack of shade choices for those with yellow undertones
- can look heavy, thick/mask-like
- not long lasting, transfers easily
- can look dull/flat depending on your skin type
- looks very cakey in natural daylight

Obviously I would not repurchase due to the shade/formula issue, but this may work for you if you have cool/neutral leaning cooler undertones and want a medium coverage matte foundation. Keep your receipt though and be sure to check your face in natural light before wearing this out in public!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As with all liquid foundations on me, this ended up being a fail. It started out looking nice, but within two hours, it had sunk into every single pore and emphasized any peach fuzz on my face. Also, due to my neutral fair skin, the lightest shade runs too pink and anything after that is way too dark. On the plus side, it did not make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mdollah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily skin with acne scars and this keeps me looking matte all day and gives me good coverage. I personally don't think it feels very heavy on my skin. I have used Colorstay and that always made me feel and look like I was wearing a mask. I have been wearing BB cream the past year but decided I wanted something more full coverage and this is perfect.