August 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am very blessed with skin that is combo yet 90% clear and smooth. I get one or two little blemishes every few weeks that clear up In a few days. Nothing breaks me out. Nothing. I ALSO never write bad reviews but this is horrible - gave me several large, painful, under-the-skin pimples, first in my life! Stopped this foundation and they healed. Tried again. BAM. New breakout. This is the one and only culprit. Shame too, it was such a gorgeous finish. DON'T BUY.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon seem to have the shades that most people are after, one of them being myself. I'm a yellow undertone on the fair side and it has been a nightmare for me trying to find a drugstore foundation that matches me. Found this baby and was instantly happy despite the cost ($22AU).

Matched myself to Vanilla 120, thanks to the little colour chart they had displayed (why isn't everyone doing that?!)

pros: Buildable
Blendable
Works with other cream base products

Cons: Not long lasting
Can become oily
Cause breakouts
Brings out some dry patches
Terrible bottle (wasting product)

So far, I've been switching back between this & Estee Lauder double wear (shade: Bone) which is much more heavier foundation compare to Revlon Nearly Naked and I found myself leaning towards Revlon because it's so lightweight and doesn't feel cakey when I leave it unpowdered.

I knocked off two lippies due to price & the design of the bottle.
It cost about $22AUD in Australia and I usually go to Chemist Warehouse for it because they often have half price sales on Revlon.

The design of the bottle is awful, no way of stopping the foundation from pouring out too quickly which leads to us wasting the product. Right now, I have issues trying to get the last remaining bits of it out of the jar. Just might have to invest in one of those fancy tool I've been seeing online lately.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by sionnach17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why this product is being touted as a "Dupe" for UD Naked Skin. Aside from both products having the word "naked" in the titles. I'm not a fan of Revlon to begin with and this no different. Consistency is runny, it goes on like a streaky mess, does not offer ANY sort of coverage (even LIGHT). The shade range is also terrible. Seriously if you want a DUPE for UD Naked don't bother. Get the real thing. It's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I liked the sample I used of the UD Naked foundation but I didn't want to shell out the money. I love Revlon Colorstay so I thought I might like this also. I really don't like this foundation. It looks so cakey. I'm not sure why considering its a 'naked' foundation. I don't apply very much and whether I use loose or pressed powder, it always appears cakey. I've given it a few tries, used different types of brushes and yet it happens every time. I think I'll be passing this one off to my mom and I will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by excitingname

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been experimenting with bb and cc creams for a while when I decided to give this foundation a try. I have been VERY pleasantly surprised. The product itself is thinner than I was used to in a foundation (a few years ago, my tried and true was Revlon Colorstay for dry skin), but I was looking for something with a bb sort of consistency--something that wouldn't make me feel like my skin had a blanket of makeup on. This was only ten dollars an I am so glad I purchased. It is runnier, and I do have imperfections to cover (which is why I was apprehensive at first), but the coverage is actually very buildable. I just do a layer and then go over again where I need to. And it works well just applying with my fingers (I found Colorstay was not as easily blended that way). Packaging lost a few points for not having a pump (honestly I would she'll out two extra dollars for that), but the price is right and I love the product. (I'm in the shade Vanilla)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jennamilne1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably one out of the many foundations ive tried and actually liked!! It actually has cool and warm shades and isnt cakey or heavy. It is somewhat dewy, not really, but isnt matte. I have very oily skin but i mix aloe vera gel (weird, i know!) and it makes it less shiny and makes it apply better i find. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type, and doesnt have a lot of imperfections to hide. I can get about 6 hours of where before i get oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nicoledupe

Runny texture, no pump, and made me completely break out. Save your money and skip this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cing18

Love this product!!! This is the first foundation that I repurchased. I usually use korean bb cream in everyday basis, but this foundation replace it. Would always repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My first Revlon foundation, and purchased after watching a YouTube review (sigh... YouTube made me do it!).

I don't have terrible skin, and wasn't put off by the idea that this was a lighter coverage, but I didn't realise that by 'light buildable coverage' the good folks at Revlon actually meant 'placebo effect unless you use a third of the bottle per application'. One layer of this foundation provides NO coverage and two or three layers will give me a sheer, very light coverage, though I can still feel it on my skin. It can't handle the mild rosacea I have on my cheeks and nose and it still allows the hyper-pigmentation around my mouth to show through. Even layered it glides over my couple of small blemishes without hiding them at all. This is seriously not intended for anyone with less than perfect or near perfect skin.

I applied it today over a primer (BareMinerals Prime Time), used it with NARS concealer (more on that later) and set it with powder. And it is still starting to look shiny around my nose and chin, a mere three hours after initial application, and it is cool today. I understand it is not intended to be mattifying and it doesn't bill itself as a long wear foundation, but come on, three hours?! I think everyone expects a bit more lasting time than that, especially with all those other products helping it along.

Speaking of other products, I attempted to boost its coverage by using a concealer (the NARS cream stick one) and applied that over the foundation, before blending it in. The light pressure of the cream concealer caused the foundation to disappear, which hasn't happened with other foundations I've tried that with. The powder I used, one of the Hourglass Ambient Lights, has probably helped the foundation a bit- it absolutely needs to be set with powder because it never fully dries down. Maybe it really needs the Nearly Naked powder to (not) shine, but buying the two together is $51 AUD and at that price I a) want both products to be good to great, not crap to acceptable and b) would probably prefer to buy a higher end product because I'm already paying $50+. I view Revlon as something of a mid end brand (there are still counters at department stores) but I think the pricing is too high for the quality here.

The bottle is glass, which is nice, but it doesn't come with a pump, and because the product has such a thin consistency it's hard to dot some on your hand to apply it from. I ended up tipping it on to my brush, which was okay, but isn't very hygienic.

I figure most customers buying 'drugstore' price foundations want to save money, but if the only way to get something to work dencently means using two or three other products (primer, concealer etc) then you aren't really saving anything, especially if the overall effect is still lacklustre.

This isn't a truly awful product, if you have dry and relatively good skin, it still might work for you, but I'm not impressed at all, will only use this on days where I don't really care how good I look and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkypink96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look very healthy and like I have no foundation on at all! The only con is that sometimes it would cake up around my nose. Other than that this product is great! I would repurchase this again!