September 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by anishayunus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS. IS. AMAZING.

I would go so far to say this is my HG mascara at the moment.

This is VERY BLACK. As with all Maybelline mascaras, it's a little wet for a while.. But not too long. I like that anyway. I like to layer my mascara (not letting it dry between coats) until I achieve my desired look, so if it dries real fast I can't do that.
Anyways, the brush. It's as fat as I am. And I may or may not have poked myself in the eye a couple of times with it.. But now I have mastered it. I don't usually use the wiggle method, but I tried it once with this and found that it made the mascara clumpy (as always). The Wiggle never works for me. Sigh.
The technique I use with every mascara is The Blink. (yes, I give names to mascara-applying-techniques) First I apply the mascara from root to top by rotating my wrist (if that makes sense) and once I like what I see, for removing those I-wanna-stick-together lashes and perhaps those globs at the tips of your lashes as well as separation, I hold the wand steady and slowly blink through, a couple of times. This gives me the best results.
Now, claims. Volume... Not so much. I don't get that OHMYGOD volume with this as promised, however it seems to thicken each lash instead of my lashes as a whole, know what I mean? And it lengthens. A lot. Nearly doubles my length. By using the Blink method described above I also get a curl. I don't bother to curl my lashes separately. Plus, the blink-induced-curl stays all day!
This mascara doesn't flake. Doesn't smudge. Doesn't smear with a little water (the first time I tried it on I was so sick tears were leaking.. but none of the mascara came off! Even though I was still putting it on - not even dried yet!). Some say it's hard to remove but.. I just wash my face with a regular face wash and all my makeup comes off, even this mascara. After the wash I usually cup some water in my hand, and hold it against my closed eyes, just to get off even more mascara and/or eyeliner. Works for me. It just slides off. I'm also guilty of sleeping with this mascara on a few times but it still looks perfect when I wake up in the morning!

Overall, and excellent purchase I won't regret. It's a fantabulous mascara that I will repurchase!

PS: Essence's I LOVE EXTREME VOLUME (or something like that lol, not the one with CRAZY in it) gives me almost the same results. The brush for that one is bigger than Rocket Volum' (didn't think it was possible), and it is not nearly as black as this. And, it's not waterproof. Like, at all. So it's a dupe visually, but quality-wise.. I prefer this. In Singapore this costs like 3 times the Essence one, but I still think I'd get this, because it rains often here and is pretty humid and I sweat like crazy. Also I cry during the lamest movie/drama/series scenes. So Maybelline's will hold up better for me, but in colder climates you may want to try Essence first.

OH! And perhaps if paired with, say.. The Falsies brush and the formulation of this mascara, this may be the perfect-er for more people :) Try switching up the brushes with one of your used up oh-i-love-you-so-much mascara if the brush deters you!

Longest review ever, lol.
Hope I helped! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by taloolah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara……curl first, then apply. Easy to remove with Neutregena eye make-up remover. Holds the curl, doesn't flake, looks amazing and is cheap, a great combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jaskr

I love this mascara it keeps my eyelashes curled for a long time and does not flake!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by lipbalmluver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the formula. Hate the brush. Beautiful length and definition. Doesn't flake. Lasts all day. I have a horrible time trying to use this brush to get at the lashes in the inner and outer corners without smudging it and it also tends to get on upper lid when applying (again, because of the awful brush). The formula is so incredible I put up with it these issues and almost always have to clean up with a q-tip after application. However my two daughters and myself use this and have found nothing else comes close. Perfection would be if Maybelline would bring this out with the same brush that's in Full n Soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by giggleisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My new favorite drugstore mascara. Love the brush, separates lashes and does not clump.
Lovely end result.
Only downside…difficult to remove. Otherwise would give 5 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

TOTAL CRAP!! After readings good reviews on this product I thought it would be perfect... NOT! The package is good and the price too (4.99 CAD!) but the mascara itself... Ew! The brush is a little too big for me and it made me look like I had only three lashes! And removing it from my eyes... A nightmare! I will try to get pay back! I'm telling you, don't buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite mascaras. Gives me a ton of volume while separating my lashes very nicely. On days when I feel like using only mascara and concealer, this is the one I reach for. It really opens up my eyes and makes them look bigger. There are a few cons, however. It can be a bit difficult to remove and when I use it on my lower lashes I definitely experience some smudging underneath. But other than that it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by pr1nc3ssl3n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I have been using this mascara for about 6 months now.
I recently bought my second tube. I find that this mascara is superb because after I use it my lashes actually appear longer however it does smudge after sometime but a little bit only nothing major.
I still need to use my eyeslashes curler for this product and depending on how you apply it with few coat the lash shape is going to hold and this mascara is definitely amazing.

The price is definitely a major advantage as it is superbly affordable I bought it for $19 in Singapore and usually I buy it with discount so this baby is a steal and I love it so far !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SueAri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara! It is my favorite right now

I have natural full lashes, but this mascara takes it to another level... They almost look like I have false lashes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

This is probably one of my favorite mascaras. it goes on great and stays on. The applicator is good and it doesnt clump.