Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This palette is really perfect for me. It's small and practical. I don't use shimmer eyeshadows nor coloured ones, so with this palette I can do pretty much everything I want, from a very natural "nude" eye with some eyeliner to a very strong smokey. The brown shade is great for filling my eyebrows, the only non matte shade is perfect as brow bone highliter and the darkest shade is so dark you can use it as eyeliner.

on 10/23/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely my "go-to" palette, the colors are so versatile and perfect for everyday use! I love that it can easily fit in my purse. The colors can be worn subtly or dramatically depending on how heavy you apply them. I can get a nude look it a smoky look from the same palette. I will definitely be repurchasing !

on 10/15/2014 5:30:00 PM

This palette is amazing. I use it every day, no lie. If I don't use the whole palette for an eye look, I atleast use a shadow or two in my eyelook, usually Naked 2. The shadows are SO pigmented and they blend amazingly. They last mostly all day (I have oily eyelids) as to be expected with Urban Decay eyesgadows. I have hit pan on venus. I use it all the time, either as a highlight or an all over lid color. My only two gripes are the price, but that's because I'm usually a cheapskate! And also, the palette is hard to open, atleast mine is anyways. I have to wedge the tip of my nail in there and usually always chip some polish off.
This is definately an amazing palette. I highly recommend it!

on 10/13/2014 2:32:00 PM

I have had this palette for over a year and I use it at least 85 percent of the time. I can make my eye look very natural or smoke it out. I use all of the colors except Venus, which is too shimmery for me, but is a beautiful color. I like that it is in a compact with a mirror and that no brush is included. The shades are soft and blend very easily. I have already hit the pan on two of the shades. This really is a must have for me.

on 10/11/2014 2:42:00 PM

I have this for about a year and been using it almost everyday. This is so PERFECT for an everyday natural look.
If I want to do something very very simple and quick I just mix "Naked 2" and "Faint" and put in on my crease and lower lashes, then just to highlight I just put "Venus" on my brow bone and inner corner and I am DONE!
I love that you can go from day to night look with "Crave" and create a smokey eye.
They're super easy to blend.
Honestly all you need is this palette if your going to travel.

on 10/3/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The palette smells AWFUL. it smells like cat piss. i don't know if i just got a bad batch or something but it smells terrible and it's all i think about when i use the palette. the odor is so strong. the colors aren't that bad and they blend beautifully. it's an above average palette, but the stench is horrid.

on 9/5/2014 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Perfect to pair or to wear alone, this kit contains a nice range of shadows to create demure or dramatic looks, all according to your wishes. I love it in particular when paired with Naked 3, since the lighter shades in N3 aren't exactly what I'm looking for as far as highlights/blending colours. These are perfect to fit in that gap. They also work for adding a bit of an anchor to more dramatic links. I really like it and the fact that I can toss it in my purse is just an added bonus.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so late to this party & I got here in a really roundabout way. First, I always thought I was a shimmer-only eyeshadow person & second, I've held a bit of a grudge against UD since my first high end purchase ever, the Ammo palette, was such a bust. That palette is impossible to use because the fallout is outrageous, and I never thought I would purchase another Urban Decay palette because of it.

So, instead I purchased Lorac. I love Lorac, & I own both Pro's & the Unzipped. I found quickly that the only part of the Pro palette's I was using was the matte shades. Then, the Naked Basics palette started popping up in a bunch of recent blog posts & YouTube favorites videos & it felt like fate. I needed to give this palette a shot.

Bought it as a treat for myself last payday & I've only used it once, but once is enough to know that I'm IN LOVE. I thought Lorac quality couldn't be beat, but these matte shades are incredible. They're soft as butter & so easy to blend, with the added bonus of no fallout whatsoever. I'm visiting home next week & I think this palette will be the only one I take. It's that good.

I'm very happy that UD found it's way back into my heart and now I'm thinking I may need to check out Naked 3. I've been eyeing it for awhile but was so traumatized by the awful fallout from that Ammo palette that I've been avoiding it. Here's to second chances!

on 8/29/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a neutral kind of girl, and this palette is by far my favourite out of all the ones I have so far. The eyeshadows are smooth, the colours are great and they show up nicely. They also stay on all day, even if I don't use an eyeshadow primer. It's also small enough to place into a travel bag. I love this palette and I would recommend this to any new makeup users out there!

on 8/28/2014 5:32:00 AM

Amazing, I use faint on my brows. Venus is my all time fave from the pallet

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products