April 18, 2014 | 1783 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I think it works for me when I use it under a base coat. I don't understand how it works though, because it's so liquid, like water.
Unfortunatly, Opi products are really expensive... I dont think they really worth such money as other cheaper brands have good nail products too (~Orly).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Serendipitygal

I don't understand why this works wonders for some of us, and not at all for others. Count me in the win column. I don't bother with a manicure, because it's not worth the effort. My nails snag and break daily. However, on a pedicure, I can regularly go three weeks with no chips, or just one tiny touch up. Right now, I can't remember if I'm going on three or four weeks, but my deep red polish looks just applied. I usually only have to remove it because my base grows out. I use more than the package recommends. I wash my feet well, and scrub with a nail brush in the shower. I make sure I don't use lotion anywhere near them that day. As long as I do it right, it lasts three weeks, always.

My biggest problems with pedicures was that my polish would get bubbles in it. A few months ago I read that is caused by old polish. I threw all my polish out that was older than a year and treated myself to some awesome cheap new colors. Now I buy cheaper polish, and replace it more often. So far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by adollzone

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't waste your $$ on this product. On my nails, that are ultra smooth and NO polish stays very long, I thought this would be a godsend. Well, not the case for me. It actually lessened the already peeling effect I get from all polishes. Into the trash it went.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff.. I been using the same full size bottle for at least 3 years now. I do find that it doesnt keep every type of polish on for days.. cheap stuff will chip no matter what!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by meggera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this product as a ‘free gift’ with another OPI purchase. At first I was turned off by the short brush, pungent aroma, and the nearly immediate vanishing act it performs once applied. I decided I would not make a hasty opinion and I would use the product for a month prior to solidifying my judgment on the product. So, for the past month I have applied this product when giving myself both manicures and pedicures prior to applying the nail strengthener/basecoat.

Since the beginning of my trial period I have seen a significant decrease in chipping. To date, my longest application (on a manicure) lasted for 8 days with no signs of tip wear, chips, or cracks. The only reason I changed my polish was to coordinate with my wardrobe for the week. The use of this product has replaced swiping my nails with nail polish remover prior to new polish application.

While I like this product and consider it to be a necessary step in all of my manicures and pedicures you should be aware of the two major drawbacks:

1. The scent is extremely strong; if you are scent sensitive I would not recommend you consider this product.

2. The brush is very short and can be frustrating

In spite of the drawbacks I would purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by suey421

This stuff does keep your nails from chipping. I can get a few days without any chips on my nails that usually chip in a few hours. On my toes, its been almost a week and no chips in sight. I will always use this stuff before polish unless I find another product thats better. This is well worth buying and does what it claims. Would recommend strongly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by naoma43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing!! It does the job very effectively...It is clear and runny. I put this on,then OPI Nail Envy,two coats of OPI polish,finally I top with OPI top coat. The finishing touch is a few drops of OPI Drip Dry and I have an amazing manicure that lasts for well over a week. I do not wear gloves (probably should!!) and do dishes, general work around the house and the wear is simply superb.I do reapply the top coat every other day or so ( if I remember...) I also like to end the process with the delicous smelling Solar Oil. When I first started doing my nails seriously,i used Creative Design. I have found OPI to outlast and outperform (ha ha) In fact this stuff stays on so good,the only polish remover that really takes it off easily-w/o rubbing and rubbing is (you guessed it!) OPI.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I don't really understand this product. This came bundled with a limited edition polish, so I bought it, expecting a base coat. Chip Skip is really a watery primer which you apply (and allow to dry) before your base coat. I don't notice much difference with between priming with Chip Skip and priming with nail polish remover. (I swipe with remover to remove oils.) The brush is very short and stiff, and I found application to be a pain. I may be missing something with how to use this, but for now I do not plan to repurchase. I find that quality top and base coats are the best strategy for limiting chips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by LanaBlade

I bought this product because I can't keep nailpolish on my nails more than two or three days for the most part, and so far, it works REALLY well. I can usually get about a week before my nails start chipping. It does NOT get the advertised two weeks, but I also don't use it with a base coat or nail color right now, just clear top coat. I mostly use it when I'm putting on nail decorations, so that I don't have to redo my nails two days later and waste nail art.

All in all, I really like this stuff, even if it is a bit pricey. Also, I should note that the top coat I'm using is NOT OPI, but this stuff makes it work way better anyways.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

This is a product that I had to sadly throw away (along with OPI's nail envy). This is supposed to help polish stay on longer and not chip..my polish would chip the very next day no matter how I applied it..so sadly this is not a repurchase nor a positive recommendation. I love OPI's polishes though!