July 28, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW!! Now this is BOLD!! It almost looked '3D' on your lips... God knows where I got that from haha, but it is extremely pigmented. I don't find this lipstick drying at all for some reason, I think this may be one of the less drying satins. I definitely think this is one of the less drying BOLD red lipsticks out there! I have Lady Bug which I do love, but compared to MAC Red - no comparison in colour! MAC Red is the ultimate red for me. Definitely reminds me of Marilyn Monroe or that actress who always has pale skin and red lips (I forgot her name, argh! :() but this is an absolutely beautiful lipstick. I'd definitely recommend if you're wanting the perfect true red, this lippy doesn't make your lips all dry like Russian Red and Ruby Woo do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

BEAUTIFUL red :) I am thrilled to have finally found a red lipstick that really flatters my complexion. This is a 'true' bright red, very vintage pin-up! It applies smoothly with a silky texture and looks lovely and moist once on the lips. It didn't dry my lips at all or fade to that fuschia sort of shade which I hate because it looks terrible on me. Another bonus is it makes my 'not dazzling white owing to lots of caffeine' teeth look whiter! :)

I dab some foundation on my lips, then line and colour with red-liner, finally I put a couple of layers of this over the top. No bleeding! The staying-power is good, not amazing, but certainly not needing constant re-applying.HG red for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

MAC Red is a gorgeous blue-based red lipstick that I absolutely adore. When I wanted to buy a red lipstick I thought of Russian Red or Ruby Woo. The MAC store didn't have Ruby Woo and Russian Red was too dark and matt for my taste. MAC Red is a real red which looks very bright on my pale skin (NC 15) but it looks so beautiful! I feal like one of those moviestars from way back when I put this baby on. For even more glamour I add Love Alert (Dazzleglass) which gives it even more va-va-voom!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a beautiful very true blue red lipstick. makes my teeth look SO white! not matte but not too shiny and glossy. very long lasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by simbim

So I've been looking for the "perfect red lipstick" for a while now. After doing extensive research, i was leaning more towards Ruby Woo or Russian Red; however, after i visited the MAC store and tried on the two lipsticks and to my surprise i was utterly disappointed! The MA suggested M.A.C. Red lipstick, by this time i was already a little flustered and since Ruby Woo nearly tore my lips off (since it's extremely matte and impossible to apply) I wasn't sure i wanted to put my lips through anymore turmoil. Nevertheless, i gave MAC Red a shot, although it looked a bit bright, it applied beautifully! It's a true red, not a orange red, pink red, deep red, it's just RED. I highly recommend this lipstick to anyone looking for a dead on "red" lipstick. It looks amazing on my NC-37 skintone! Absolutely love this lipstick!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by maxinesaephanh

This is my HG red lipstick. Itís a beautiful blue based red that isnít too bloody and isnít orange. Itís a satin finish so itís not completely matte and there isnít a lot of gloss to it. Itís long lasting (even thought I would recommend using a liner with it) lipstick that I would definitely pick over Russian Red or Ruby Woo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

If you are looking for a bright red or a true red, this is not it. Although their website describes it as a "vivid bright bluish-red" I did not find this to be the case. It is a lighter version of a brick red and is sheer. For me, I found it to be a very cheap looking red and the finish left much to be desired. This is not that old-time Hollywood glamour or pin-up girl type red. It is not vibrant so don't think this will be one of those bright lip colors that are in now that brighten up your face. Definitely not "candy apple red" but more like that deep dark red you see on clowns (I'm not saying that to be mean but that's really what it's like). For reference, I tried this when I had red hair (like Ariel/Little Mermaid) and you could really see that the lipstick was a dark crimson color compared to my hair. Also, the color seeps and spreads which is NOT the case with all red lipsticks so it must be this specific shade/formula - or maybe because of the sheerness I applied too much and that's why it got messy. Hope this helps anyone looking for the right red thinking this might be the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MillieNasrin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG red! I tried this on at mac but decided to wait and see if I liked it before buying. I loved it but got back to find the store had closed! I tried at another store but they were out of stock and even online- that's gotta be saying something! Anyways, I finally got it in the end and let me say this is beautiful! Blue based, very vintage looking in my opinion. The finish is satin so its lovely on your lips. Non-drying and very smooth with the light vanilla scent so its a pleasure to apply. I'm nc40 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyj

I am of dark complexion African American. I am guessing, but I think I have blue undertones. This is an awesome red lipstick on me. I get many compliments every time I wear it, compliments from men and women alike. It has long staying power on me. I work 9+ hour days and it definitely remains after eating and drinking. I have worn it with and without a liner. I prefer it with a liner. I always wear a gloss on top (Dazzleglass Bare Necessity by Mac). It does not have a natural shine, it is more matte. I wear a gloss b/c I LOVE shine. Maybe I should try the Brave red by the Cremesheen line for additional shine. I would highly recommend for a sexy, real red look. Very clean. Very red.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a red lipstick that didn't leave me looking like I work the street corner. I went to my local MAC counter and asked the S/A which one she would recommend for my NW20 skin tone. I explained my situation to her, that I've tried other brands of lipstick and many of them were either "hooker/clown red", or looked red in the tube but upon application was more magenta. She suggested that I try this. I had her apply it at the store and wasn't sure whether or not I liked it. So I bought it and tried it at home in different lighting. I wasn't in love with the way that it looked, mainly because it had an orangey tint to it? (or maybe it's just me). So sadly, I returned it and asked for Russian Red, of which they were out of.

I found one that I do like, and is cheaper, but I'm the type that can never have just one of something (which may explain why I'm lacking in the financial department).

I hope this helps any one who isn't sure of whether or not to purchase this!