MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 12/17/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

So I walked into house of fraser with no intention of buyin makeup but I somehow magically found myself at the mac counter *hides face* I'm tryin on diff lipsticks and the mA suggested I tried this one on. I appled it, she put some powder on my face and 2 ladies looking around saw my face and bought it. That's how fabulous this lipstick looks on me. I wasn't even wearing any makeup except for the powder the MA applied and it still looked great on my skin. I love the finish (I'm a huge fan of the satin formula). It's quite dryin though but it didn't fade or settle into my lip lines. It's quite expensive at £13.50 but would definitely repurchase. I'm nc45 for ref

on 11/20/2011 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with this red! MAC Red has blueish undertones which work perfectly with my skin, seeing as I have golden ones. It has a beautiful matte finish that leaves you looking very "old Hollywood". This does NOT have an orangy undertone and is NOT AT ALL sheer. You do not have to at all add more then you usually do.
This leaves such a classy, elegant look, right when I tried it on, my friend next to me was in awe. I wear it with MAC cherry lip liner, it seems to be the best fit. If you're looking into buying this, definitely go try it on and consult with the s/a. If you like/love it like i did, buy it, if you're iffy than don't. Trust me, when you find the right red, you'll know it.

on 10/25/2011 1:47:00 PM

I have been looking for a lipstick that was the perfect shade of red and I found it! When you think of a great red lipstick you would never think of this color. It is a different take on the classic red lip color but still beautiful and classy. MAC's MAC red lipstick has a pinkish red color to it that goes great with my skin tone.This lipstick goes on smoothly and it is very moisturizing. It is creamy and has a little bit of shine to it and it does not run. You can defenitely wear this color in the daytime and at night. I love it!

on 10/20/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first red lipstick I ever bought. I must say, at first I was a little put off because it showed up a bit pinkish. But i waited a couple weeks and tried it again, and now i love it! It could just be my skin tone that made it show up pinkish, but i actually think it's supposed to be like that. But it's only noticeable up close. further back it looks like a vibrant beautiful pin up-girl style red! And I think the right lip liner can bring out the red. I'm so glad I gave it another chance! NOTE: the above pictures do the color no justice. it's so much brighter in real life!

on 9/14/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW!! Now this is BOLD!! It almost looked '3D' on your lips... God knows where I got that from haha, but it is extremely pigmented. I don't find this lipstick drying at all for some reason, I think this may be one of the less drying satins. I definitely think this is one of the less drying BOLD red lipsticks out there! I have Lady Bug which I do love, but compared to MAC Red - no comparison in colour! MAC Red is the ultimate red for me. Definitely reminds me of Marilyn Monroe or that actress who always has pale skin and red lips (I forgot her name, argh! :() but this is an absolutely beautiful lipstick. I'd definitely recommend if you're wanting the perfect true red, this lippy doesn't make your lips all dry like Russian Red and Ruby Woo do.

on 8/19/2011 12:34:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL red :) I am thrilled to have finally found a red lipstick that really flatters my complexion. This is a 'true' bright red, very vintage pin-up! It applies smoothly with a silky texture and looks lovely and moist once on the lips. It didn't dry my lips at all or fade to that fuschia sort of shade which I hate because it looks terrible on me. Another bonus is it makes my 'not dazzling white owing to lots of caffeine' teeth look whiter! :)

I dab some foundation on my lips, then line and colour with red-liner, finally I put a couple of layers of this over the top. No bleeding! The staying-power is good, not amazing, but certainly not needing constant re-applying.HG red for sure.

on 7/26/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

MAC Red is a gorgeous blue-based red lipstick that I absolutely adore. When I wanted to buy a red lipstick I thought of Russian Red or Ruby Woo. The MAC store didn't have Ruby Woo and Russian Red was too dark and matt for my taste. MAC Red is a real red which looks very bright on my pale skin (NC 15) but it looks so beautiful! I feal like one of those moviestars from way back when I put this baby on. For even more glamour I add Love Alert (Dazzleglass) which gives it even more va-va-voom!

on 7/15/2011 2:33:00 AM

this is a beautiful very true blue red lipstick. makes my teeth look SO white! not matte but not too shiny and glossy. very long lasting!

on 7/12/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

So I've been looking for the "perfect red lipstick" for a while now. After doing extensive research, i was leaning more towards Ruby Woo or Russian Red; however, after i visited the MAC store and tried on the two lipsticks and to my surprise i was utterly disappointed! The MA suggested M.A.C. Red lipstick, by this time i was already a little flustered and since Ruby Woo nearly tore my lips off (since it's extremely matte and impossible to apply) I wasn't sure i wanted to put my lips through anymore turmoil. Nevertheless, i gave MAC Red a shot, although it looked a bit bright, it applied beautifully! It's a true red, not a orange red, pink red, deep red, it's just RED. I highly recommend this lipstick to anyone looking for a dead on "red" lipstick. It looks amazing on my NC-37 skintone! Absolutely love this lipstick!!

This is my HG red lipstick. Itís a beautiful blue based red that isnít too bloody and isnít orange. Itís a satin finish so itís not completely matte and there isnít a lot of gloss to it. Itís long lasting (even thought I would recommend using a liner with it) lipstick that I would definitely pick over Russian Red or Ruby Woo.

Recommended for Medium Skin