Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

iv had this foundation for a few days and I absolutely love it especially for my dry skin. It doesn't cling to any patches and its a really smooth consistency. It glides over your face and is easy to blend giving you a flawless dewy finish. Id say it is a light to medium coverage . However i don't recommend this for those with really oily skin as you probably will look shiny and will need to powder quite often. Although it is quite pricey i am glad it comes with a pump as a lot of my high end foundations don't which is really annoying. Overall a great product

on 8/8/2014 11:10:00 PM

I found a perfect match in this foundation and I really like the coverage and formula. That being said, I accidentally threw it away a 3/4 full bottle and didn't replace it. It's a dewy, natural foundation with a really great finish, but I have other foundations that meet this need for a lower price point, and if I want to spend this amount on a foundation, the Armani is better. If you cannot find a match in Armani though, I would definitely try this!

on 8/8/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second bottle of this foundation. I love it! It's a bit pricey but one pump will cover my whole face, 2 if I want fuller coverage. It can be built up to a pretty good coverage, and it smells really nice. It does have oil in it and can leave my face a little greasy depending on the time of the month and the humidity. It doesn't make me break out and for the most part, doesn't make my oily skin worse. I don't reach for it on really hot/humid days, but I do seriously love this foundation and will continue to buy it.

I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't happen for me. The reviews were so glowing claiming it was like 'magic in a bottle', but I found it to be so disappointing.

I have combination dry skin. I don't really have many blemishes, and not that much to cover up.

My expectations: to have glowing skin that is radiant, and looks natural all day.

Outcomes: the foundation seems to be a bit too dark on my skin. The cosmetic person matched me to BD50, but I believe I have neutral skin tones. The colour makes me look ashen and gives me this weird OILY downcast after 3 hours. When first applied, it's nice but the staying power is not so great - 4 hours tops. Moreover, it sits in dry patches for me.

I'm not saying this is a bad foundation, what I'm saying is I don't get all the hype over this product. There are plenty of foundations that can compete with touche eclait.

Won't be repurchasing. Don't make my mistake and believe all the hype - go out and grab a tester if you'd like to try it.

on 7/29/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit- stupid me. regret getting it as i checked my face in mirror sometimes in different lighings (daylight)--it has a sort of greasy ashy glow, like sunscreen would ---so no, no repurchase. the colour seems to have oxidized from the one i was originally matched to so it has darkened and matches better. perhaps if u get matched in store before buying it, make sure it's a bit pale for you, cuz it certainly seems to darken after opening the bottle.
=
I was working off a generous sample which lasted for a few days (and is still going strong, I can get a week more out of it) but I will have to stop. No colour match (the salesgirl tried for ages to match me but nothing matched--I hoped I could make it work, but the difference is quite obv.) + breaks down during the day + breaks me out.

on 7/7/2014 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this foundation because I got tanned after my summer vacation, and really wanted to try something new less covering than my 'winter foundation'. This foundation was exactly what I was looking for. It has a sheer coverage but is definitely buildable. It really gives my skin the glowing, healthy look that I've been looking for for a long time. Don't think it suits oily skin, so make sure to test it beforehand!

Absolutely adore this foundation, I went out with intentions of buying illamasqua skin base but I decided to try something lighter. I have always used mac face and body but I can only where it for nights out and a few hours in the day, it gives me spots but I thought it was due to my sensitive skin. My boyfriend persuaded me to try something new and assured me I didn't need heavy coverage, and I was drawn in by the gorgeous packaging and cheaper price. I put this on and it feels like you're putting a gel on your face, which was perfect for my dry skin. I wore it for a full 8 hours and when I took it off, no spots! So I put it on the next day for about 5 hours and again I have no new spots. I'm so happy because it looks even nicer than my mac. This is my new favourite foundation, recommend this to anyone!

on 6/24/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely GORGEOUS foundation. My former HG was Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau, and although I still adore it, I think the Teint Touche Eclat is just that TINY bit better... it's definitely edged up to HG foundation no. 1 for me!

(I'll note for reference that I have both extremely dry and extremely pale skin.)

I didn't initially love the Teint Touche Eclat - the colour (B10) was perfect for me but it seemed to sit a little patchily on my skin. After playing around with it however, I found this to be purely due to my application method: I had been stippling with my Shiseido foundation brush, but I found that I achieved a far more perfect application by buffing it into the skin with a Real Techniques stippling brush.

After I sorted out my problems with application, I can say that I absolutely adore this foundation - it can give a flawless finish, a little goes a long way, it doesn't oxidise on me, it does a pretty good job of covering minor blemishes on its own, gives a natural finish, and feels light on the skin - not to mention it lasted me all day. Like I stated before, I have very dry skin, so staying power/appearance might be different for more oily skinned ladies.

I love that there is a wide selection of shades with yellow, neutral, and pink undertones - it's SO nice to be able to shade match without difficulty. In fact, I was able to match my skin with just YSL's online swatches. That said, there is a wide range of pale and "tan" shades, but not nearly as many for darker skin tones - just something to be aware of or test out before buying.

The consistency of this foundation is a creamy liquid, and packaging is YSL's typical gorgeous luxe packaging - gold cap and glass bottle - some people are a little wary of a glass bottle, but I personally love it. Price is reasonable for a high-end/designer foundation (£30), and totally worth it in my opinion... also fairly cost effective as a little does go a long way.

The only "con" to this product was that I had to play around a bit before I found a perfect application method - otherwise, this foundation is absolutely stunning! I LOVE this foundation, definitely HG for me, and I will 100% repurchase when the time comes!

on 6/23/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a lovely gel foundation which gives my dry skin a soft dewy glow.
The colours run in three undertones, Beige, Beige Rose (pink undertone)' and Beige Dore (gold undertone), with a depth of 1-10. I have it in the shade BD60, which is the closest match to my NC44 South Asian skin. For me it is not quite yellow/gold enough, and the next shade up (B70) is too dark and not gold enough. I get around this by wearing it in the centre of my face with a richer shade of another foundation on the perimeter of my face.

Anyway, colour match aside I have been enjoying the finish of this foundation which lasts a good 6-7 hours on a spring day (In the heat it melts away too fast). It is of a thick consistency and I find that it applies best with my fingers. It is of medium coverage, and has a very natural, true finish. None of that cheap, powdery, cakey, ashy business.

The down side of it is that I have noticed that it doesn't mix well with other liquids such as liquid illuminators, bronzers or blush, but I'm sure there must be ways of getting around that. Overall, I'm very happy with this glowy, flattering foundation.

on 6/22/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had such high hopes for this foundation however for me it didn't work out :-( I have combination oily skin and I was lucky to get 4 hours out of this foundation without it sliding of my face. On a massive positive - the colour of this foundation was PERFECT and it blended beautifully. I have no doubt this foundation would be perfect for someone with normal skin. Just not for me sadly :-( my search continues.....

Video Reviews & Tutorials

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review by Rocy Roque

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble