October 21, 2014 | 1782 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful light-medium coverage foundation which has been an amazing new discovery.

Finish: The finish of this is absolutely amazing and is one of my favorite things about this foundation. It looks very luminous and glowy but I wouldn't really call it dewy per se, which is amazing for day to night because it's less in your face than something super dewy (e.g. Chanel Vitalumiere-the one in the glass bottle). I think you could use this if you have dry, normal or combination skin; maybe stay away if you're super oily. Doesn't cling to dry patches.

Coverage: I would say this is medium coverage but you can definitely wear it more sheer. I think the coverage is comparable to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua; definitely less than Nars Sheer Glow. It definitely evens out my skin tone, gets rid of redness around my nose and hides my hyperpigmentation, but definitely doesn't do too much for the blemish situation. I use about one pump to get a very sheer coverage all over my face and depending, will add another 0.5-1 pump to build up over some more problem areas and it doesn't cake up on me.

Texture: I think this is similar in "thickness" to most of the other light to medium foundations out there that I've tried--just slightly runny, but not watery at all. The texture feels quite mousse-y. You can definitely apply this with your hands or a beauty blender, or I prefer a buffing brush.

Lasting power: I've never noticed this budging too much on me, even if I put it on when I wake up and don't wash my face until I go to bed.

Scent: Amazing fresh scent. If you're not into scents or are sensitive, it is very light and goes away fairly quickly.

Photos and SPF: Despite the SPF 19, no flashback from what I can tell so far. Can look a bit shiny with the flash.

Packaging: Hands down best packaging of any foundation I've owned. I appreciate the Vitalumiere Aqua packaging for traveling purposes, but a girl sometimes wants the gorgeous glass bottle! Even the pump feels more luxurious than others. Aside from it being pretty though, the cylindrical shape, and the size of the pump and the size of the bottle make it actually really comfortable to hold.

Price: $57 for 1oz (eeeeeek!!!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone my age, i am such a high-end foundation junkie :): mixed feelings about that. But i love making trips to sephora and trying out the latest releases. What caught my attention with this was the packaging-
PACKAGING: Transparent glass bottle, gold cap, gold pump. Very luxurious!

but "don't judge a book by it's cover" right? well the packaging is just as great as what's inside c:

COVERAGE: This foundation, i would say, is light-medium leaning more to medium coverage. It claims to have no opaque powders and i love the idea that it blurs your imperfections rather than completely covering them. It feels very lightweight, as cliche as it sounds sometimes i forget i have foundation on. It's my ideal every day foundation just like my Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker because 1. it mimics my skin and looks natural 2. it gives my skin such a gorgeous glow! Not the kind of glow where you look greasy and oily, but the kind of glow that seems to come from underneath the skin. It's absolutely beautiful.

CONSISTENCY: It almost seems gel-like (I know that sounds weird) it's not super thick but it's not liquidy either. It's somewhere in the middle. At first i thought it would make my face feel heavy but it feels feathery light. I feel that the best way to apply this is with your fingers (of course after you've washed the little guys) the warmth of your fingers help melt and blend it on to your skin.

FINISH: I cannot rave enough about how beautiful the finish is! It's like your-skin-but-better finish, glow-from-within finish, health-skin finish, so on and so on c: I would say dewy but i feel like people are afraid of that word, because it makes you think "shiny, oily, greasy" but that's not the case with this foundation.

SHADES: YSL came out with 22 shades of this foundation but my local sephora only carried around 18. But the shade ranges from fair to tan.
Beige (B): Neutral undertone
Beige Dore (BD): Yellow/golden undertone
Beige Rose (BR): Pink undertone

LASTING POWER: I set all of my foundations with powder down the t-zone and setting spray over the top. If i don't set this, it would probably last 5-6 hours but since i do it lasts 8-10 hours (an entire school day)

Okay okay enough raving, there's only one thing that i'm not fond of with this foundation. And it is *drum roll* the price tag. The price tag makes me want to cry and not want to use it every day, even though i want to. It is quite steep but hey, you're paying for the name Yves Saint Laurent! And the product itself which lives up to the price it has. I really do think it's worth it. But don't forget to take in consideration that what works for me might not work for you, so i suggest getting a sample first and test it out (:

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by DreamsOfAzure

If I ever feel like finding out where every one of my dry flakes are, I will purchase this foundation again. Otherwise, I'll stay away from this one.

Although the bottle was beautiful, the pump gave almost no control. If I try to get a tiny bit of the product, I end up with a huge pump all over my hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many foundations and this is definitely the best for keeping my 46 year old face looking younger and fresh.
It has a great texture and colour and makes my skin look dewy.
It is one of only a few foundations that doesn't sit in fine lines and looks good all day and keeps my skin moisturised.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by maja1502

Beautiful foundation, medium coverage. Gives you a beautiful glow and lasts 6-9 hours. I have combination skin, this foundation didnt get me any breakouts. It feels very light.
Very every day appropriate. Would not recomend if you want to hide a lot of acne or scaring.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

This is the one! If you have a combination/oily skin, this is not a foundation for you. For normal/combination owners it may work. Last 2-3 months I was having serious dry patches all of my face and redness on my face was getting more. I was using bourjois healthy mix foundation with real techniques face expert brush but result was horrible. I thought that my face is just damaged and no foundation could save it. And I was totally wrong... It has the most juicy but not look like greasy finish! It is definitely moisturizing foundation with glowing effect. Coverage is not heavy but buildable. It was what I needed in that time. I find using beauty blender is better choice for application. Currently I am not using it daily because I would like to keep that glowing effect for special occations.

Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Give a glow on your face
-Smells fresh
-Buildable coverage; light to medium
-Nice pump system, quite hygienic

Cons:
-Heavy/Brittle package
-For oily skins, it may not be suitable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by BlaUndBla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives a very natural look. No cakiness at all!!
So if you are looking for a light coverage with a beautiful natural finish - get this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is a good, luminous, light to medium coverage foundation. I love the way it makes my skin look BUT only on a good skin day. Some days it just seems to fade away or make my skin look oily, while others I look like a flawless goddess! Maybe it's just me... I would recommend this to some one who has a normal-dry skin that is in relatively good condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation. It is luminous, clean feeling, and beautiful. I apply it with my Sigma F80 brush and buff it in. It smells so good too! It lasts a solid 8 hours on (I use physical sunscreen as my primer and top with MAC MSFN). I'm NC 23 ish and wear BD 40 as a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about a month, (during the winter) I have VERY dry skin, and a LOT of redness in my cheeks.

Pros:
• really long lasting. This stays all day for me, only minimal fading.
• for dry skin, this is the best I have found (so far) with this level of coverage. It does not accentuate flakes as much as SO many other foundations do.
• finish is very natural
• covers redness really well. I have tried a ton of foundations to cover the redness in my cheeks, and this one gets the job done.
• wears light on the skin. It feels great on the skin, and not heavy.
• this never gets cakey on me. For application I use a foundation brush. I typically use a bit more on my cheeks for better coverage, and will buff it out that area with a kabuki brush. I set with MUFE or Hourglass finishing powder.
• does NOT settle into fine lines!
• packaging: love the pump and glass bottle, but am a little afraid to travel with it

Cons:
• the price
• for dry skin: with the cold midwestern winters, dry skin is always an issue for me. I wish it was a bit more dewy. It has a totally matte finish on my skin.
• it sets fairly quickly, so I do "sections" of my face at a time. (not really a con, just something to be aware of)
• is not the easiest to work formula to work with, just takes a bit of extra blending

I do think this has the potential of being a HG summer foundation for me, when my skin is less dry. I like the coverage, feel, and overall finish of this foundation, but in the winter I think I need something a bit more moisturizing. It is my go-to, and will re-purchase as I try out a few others.