July 31, 2014 | 1296 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Great coverage
-Feels light
-Looks natural
-Great staying power
-Won't accentuate dryness
-Has a pump

Cons:
-Pricey
-Has a very small amount of sunscreen (it seems reductive to only have an SPF of 19)

Overall:
I wanted to try this foundation for the longest time, but I was always worried that I would spend the money and not like it. The bottle comes with a pump which makes this more sanitary, and less messy. I wear this in a Beige color (B50 it says on the bottom of the bottle), and the shade match is perfect. When I first used this I noticed a scent, I can't put my finger on what it is though. I'm almost positive it's the sunscreen in this that causes the scent. Either way the scent does not linger on the skin once applied. This foundation is very lightweight and has a thin consistency so I expected it to be extremely sheer. When I applied it, most of my acne scarring and discolorations were almost completely concealed. Now that I use this foundation I find myself using less concealer than I ever have with any other foundation. Even though the coverage is great it doesn't feel or look heavy. I have very dry skin but this never accentuated it. I also can become oily around my T-zone throughout the day, but this foundation never separates, fades or oxidizes. I also didn't break out after wearing this. There is sunscreen in this foundation, but it's a small amount so I continue to wear sunscreen under this. Overall this foundation has great coverage, looks natural, feels light and has great staying power I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by eah57090

amazing. only product i've ever written a review on. convinced my sister it was worth the splurge and its now HG for both of us!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jen3brooke

This is my holy grail foundation! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ This is flawless in a bottle. I have normal skin and not a lot of blemishes but do have a few freckles and this stuff just glides on like a dream! I have tried loads of foundation including mac, dior forever, chanel, dior air flash ysl teint resist and nothing compares! It's build able coverage. I don't even have to use a concealer or primer that's how good it is. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is hands down the most gorgeous foundation I have ever used. The price is pretty steep, yes, but I am willing to fork over more the extra money for products that are 100% worth every penny. I have dry and sensitive skin with redness and my skin can be rather picky when it comes to foundations which hasn't been fun for my wallet. I have tried countless foundations both high-end and drugstore and have found none thus far that compare to this.

First off, the scent is so lovely- it truly smells like fresh-cut roses (the scent fades within minutes of applying). I have been an avid user of Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation and I still love that but this provides me with a more hydrated feeling on my skin I just adore. The coverage is light to medium and is very buildable without looking cakey which is a huge selling point for me because I do like a good amount of coverage for the redness in my cheeks. Just for color reference, in this foundation I purchased BR20 and in MAC I am NW 15/20 and in Giorgio Armani I wear 4 in the winter and 5.5 in the summer. The consistency is a liquid but is not super runny and it applies BEAUTIFULLY on my dry skin. I apply this foundation with the Real Techniques expert face brush and at times have used my hands which gives just as good of a look. I find the lasting power to be quite good, I apply it before my day at about 7am and it still looks wonderful at about 5pm. I don't know what's put in this stuff, perhaps unicorn tears or something, but I'm baffled how this holds all day without fading or getting blotchy.

I like fuller coverage foundations (which this is not) so after putting on my moisturizer with Argan oil in the morning I apply a foundation that has a bit more coverage and then put a layer or two of this bad boy over it and it gives my face a luminous glow. This is AMAZING for those of you with dry skin and I really think it could work for oily skin as long as you don't mind blotting here and there or have a good setting powder. And can we talk about the fabulous packaging? The packaging is so luxurious in a gorgeous glass bottle with a pump which is always a plus! I will forever repurchase this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is a great foundation. I have dry skin and this is very dewy. I even have to powder mid-day because of how shiny it makes me. I would only try this if you have dry to normal skin. The luminosity is what makes this great! And it last all day.
I agree this is similar to the L'oreal Lumi, the difference for me is the Ysl is more luminous and the shade range. I have yellow undertones and find it very hard to find the right shade in L'oreal. So to me this is worth it.
The only negative I have is this dries darker than what comes out of the bottle. So this is a foundation you have to put on and walk away for awhile before seeing if it works. I put it on and it looks way to light, but it darkens to the perfect shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Aelvidgex

I used to use YSL perfect touch foundation which was amazing so decided to try this. Within a few minutes of me wearing it my skin went all blotchy and itchy. I am allergic to it! Very disappointed as perfect touch was so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by mhutch79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this foundation. It is a nice foundation. Sheer to medium although on me, it was more sheer. Nice formula. Pretty sure it broke me out but I don't consider it a horrible foundation because it did so. I never know what's going to break me out and what won't so it's my skin rather than the product.

When I was wearing this, I broke out my Loreal Lumi foundation as I have several foundations and wear whichever one I feel like on any given day. One thing that I saw right off was to me, the Loreal Lumi was just as good, if not better, than this one. Which is why I'm giving this one lower lippies. Sorry but I do think a $55 foundation should be WAY better than a $13 drugstore one. There is nothing horrible per se about this foundation. I just think the price point is WAY off for how it performs. If I could return it, I would because I have a few other ones that I paid a fraction of the price for that work very similarly for my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

This foundation is lovely. It provides a sheer to medium coverage, lasts all day and doesn't oxidise. I do have to use setting powder on my nose, and retouch it through the day or it slides right off. This looks like your skin only better! This is quite rich, so I wouldn't recommend for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have EXTREMELY dry skin and asked for a new foundation recommendation from the lovely ladies here at MUA. I was recommended this and could not be more in love.

This is YSL so it's definitely a luxury product but I'm a high end girl anyway. This product comes in neutral range colors as well as pink and yellow tones. I love this since I'm not pink or yellow and tend to be more neutral although I go yellow in the dichotomous ranges. I matched to B30 in this and it's perfect. It looks light going on but blends out perfectly.

I tried using my fingers to apply this at first since it's normally my chosen method, but found my flat MAC 190 sheered it out and made it look so much more natural. I might try a stipple brush next. This literally looks like I've put on a coat of flawless skin. It does have a beautiful finish which is slightly dewy-I would avoid this if you are oily. I even had a horrible patch of hormonal acne which this covered up very well-it has a good medium coverage but isn't full (I like my skin to show through)

The packaging is a gorgeous glass bottle with a nice accurate pump (I can get 1.5 easily without excess. This is the best foundation I've ever tried-far better than the vitalumiere aqua I had been using before. But this is for MY skin...all skin types are different. Try before you buy-that's crucial when it comes to base.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by millietizzard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wear Lancome's Teint Miracle, as it is a lovely sheer foundation with a beautiful dewy finish, however I was finding that during our Australian summer that it was sweating off too easily.

I have fairly normal skin, occasionally oily in the t-zone during Summer, and after reading an excessive amount of reviews, I purchased the YSL Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in B20, which was perfect, (after having the Chanel sales assistant apply Vita Lumiere Aqua which I found to be too matte and a littly cakey).

The sales assistant applied the foundation without primer/moisturiser and so I found it to feel quite oily on my skin, and by the time I was home it was QUITE dewy/ oily looking.
HOWEVER, after my morning ritual (cleanse, tone, moisturise) as well as priming, the foundation sat perfectly and looked totally oil free and naturally dewy.

Smells lovely and blends seamlessly - it has a beautiful consistency.
I use my Real Techniques buffing brush and it blends to leave a satin finish with a really natural glow.
It has nice coverage (I have one or two pimple marks which it has done the job of covering fairly well. If you're very particular then you might want to use concealer.)
Pump bottle is handy and stylish.

I've had no problems with this foundation lasting all day. I powder my T-Zone but I may not even have to. I worked all day today in 40 degree heat (not exaggerating) and it still looked fresh by the afternoon, even though I was sweating all day. (It was a gross day.)

In conclusion, I love this foundation.
It is expensive but I will definitely re-buy. Beautiful smell, consistency, packaging, finish.
New favourite foundation!