Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 1/12/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Reference: MAC NC45/NC50
Product Shade: B70

Another product I received from a discount sale, I had heard good things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try.

The product had a radiant/dewy finish, which cuts into how long wear it is. I found myself getting shiny in my T-zone after a few hours. However, the finish is quite lovely.

There is a scent to this foundation - it isn't over bearing but it is still there. Doesn't really bother me and dissapates after a while but if you are sensitive to scents, you may want to get a sample before you splurge on the bottle.

Would I re-purchase? No, not due to any fault of the foundation but I find I can get the same finish in a cheaper foundation. Nothing really outstanding and it is not my HG.

on 1/10/2015 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

If you have normal or dry skin, this is an awesome foundation. I am tempted to call this my HG because it is truly the best foundation I've tried thus far, even on my combination skin.

Pros:
- Gives the most dewy, glowy finish to the skin.
- Very natural looking, virtually undetectable on the skin.
- not stick to dry patches (rather, it glides over them).
- Wonderful texture, lightweight and supremely bendable.
- Builds easily from light to a strong medium coverage.
- Gorgeous packaging with a good pump
- Good staying power for a lightweight foundation
foundation, this lasts all day with a powder on my skin when it is drier.

Cons:
- Not great for oily skin (try fusion ink instead), but combination skins will probably enjoy this.
- Staying power could be better, and this foundation tends to transfer if you touch your face without powdering.

I will continue to repurchase this foundation because it makes my skin look healthy and radiant. But for days when my skin is oilier, I prefer the ysl fusion ink. Also, I find that this applies best with my fingers. I press it into the skin, which enhances the staying power. Smashbox photofinish primer or its dupe monistat both work very well with this foundation to enhance its staying power. I use rimmel stay matte on my t zone which keeps the shine down there.

on 1/3/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although I am not sure it is deserving of the same cult status of its highlighter equivalent, this performs quite well. I personally don't see that it is 'that' good, but surprisingly, it is when I have this foundation on that I get the most compliments. I often go for matte-finish makeup for my oily skin, but I took a chance with this foundation anyway.
Likes:
- very natural finish
- dewy, but not overly luminous or shiny
- pump applicator
- photographs okay
Dislikes:
- you would need to put on a concealer to mask any redness or blemishes, as this offers light coverage
- you will need to blot with a blotting sheet or powder every few hours if you have oily skin (I am used to doing this, so for me this isn't too bad)
- long-lasting, but does not hold well on my t-zone
- no skin care benefits

In sum, it is not my HG makeup, but will consider buying another bottle if I happen to find it at a discounted price. It has its strengths, but there are simply many good foundations out there. I think this would work best for those with normal skin with no serious concerns with blemishes or redness.

on 12/22/2014 8:55:00 AM

Wow, yea this foundation is good stuff. I'm loving it and using it daily a little about me. I have combo skin more dry than anything. I only get oily in the summer nothing bad though. Im an NW20,NARS Monte Blanc,Lancome Tient idol in Ivorie2(C). So I'm pretty pale, very cool undertones, and light blonde hair. Shade BR20 Beige Rose matches me perfectly. This formula is so light but it goes on so smooth! It just feels wonderful when I apply it. The smell is so good too melons. I use my fingers to apply and when I'm done I just buff it lightly with the RT buffing brush. I don't have much to cover mainly redness and the monthly hormonal spot. This covers very well for that purpose. It gives me my skin but better is how I see it. I love it because it still looks like my skin only way better!

The light catching properties are very good. I've tried really bad lighting and camera flashes and it photographs so well! It hasn't oxidized one bit and it lasts all day. I get 8 hours no problem I haven't tried for longer, but what I love is how it just melts into my skin! The finish is dewy which I like I'm not a fan of over matte foundation on me. I also like how light it is. It's like a liquidy gel that feels so good going on. For me I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It is my favorite foundation Lancome and my NARS are tied in second because they all have their purpose. This though is something special, it lasts, looks great, and hasn't broken me out at all. In the summer when I do get a little oily I'll just dust some powder on first. That will help control the oil and for me it does make my bases last longer. The packaging is beautiful but not travel friendly. The price wow but you really do not need a lot and it spreads really well. So easy to blend too. Recommend!

on 12/19/2014 8:55:00 AM

ok, do you see that bottle?isn't it to die for.....sooo beautiful,decent,luxurious....mmmmm,ysl you know your aesthetics:)))
this foundation is a bit runny,but it is amazing how well it covers....it smells beautiful, it is a pure joy using it on your face....I love it though it is very dewy in the finish,and doesn't stay a long time on my combination skin.the range of shades is amazing and one sngle shade would probaby suit many skin shades....meaning I could go for B40-to B60, but my true shade (I'm NC 35) is BD 50 (beige dore aka golden beige)...it is smooth,silky,like a silk veil over your face and I assume that younger girls with no serious imperfections would looove this foundation...it covers very well actually,and can be buildable to full coverage (if that's not a weird thing to say for a foundation with a really dewy finish)...this is a perfect foundation for people with normal and dry skins....Oily and combination types beware....I'm using it only during the winter time when my pores aren't that opened, cause the dewiness looks like a silicone film on my face in warmer seasons....overall-a perfect foundation, try it no matter what your skin needs are you may be surprised....worth the money for sure!!)

on 11/27/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been wanting to try this foundation for a quite a while and when i wished for it for my birthday, i finally got it.

Let me just start off by saying that this is particularly not for oily skin gals (which i suppose doesn't come as a surprise, it's said quite often about this foundation). I get a little oily after not a long time after wearing this (nothing that looks super greasy though and can't be fixed with a little powder) and i usually suffer from dry to very dry skin.

First of all, the lasting power is quite AMAZING. I was actually pretty surprised how well this lasts on my skin, considering the fact that it is quite illuminating and quite sheer in coverage! I wore it out for the first time for a night out with my girlfriends and when i came home, it was still looking perfect. No settling into fine lines (i used Benefit's Porefessional only around my mouth where those 2 lines are that foundations tends to looooove to settle into in my situation at least, even with a primer!), no going patchy and no sliding off my face. It just looks over all pretty amazing on the skin, even after a while. I only set it with a little powder, as my dry skin does not like too powder too much.

The coverage of this is to start off with, quite sheer. Applied with a beauty blender and stippling brush it's quite sheer and can be build up but it takes a little, though with a kabuki brush it provides much more coverage and pretty much medium coverage on the first layer, compared to the beauty blender and stippling brush it takes 2-3 layers to build up to a medium coverage. The finish is GORGEOUS - just how i like it - it's bright, illuminating (as it's supposed to be, so that's always good haha!) makes your skin look nice and healthy and it doesn't look like a mask. It's a dewy and natural finish without being too much at all. It doesn't feel particularly heavy on the skin either.

This has a slight fragrance which i can't really explain - the first thing that came to my mind when i thought about the scent was "fresh". It has a not too special, but pretty fresh and also somehow clean smell. Though fragrance isn't a plus in my book when it comes to cosmetics and foundations in particular, as fragrance irritates the skin. Therefore, the fragrance is definitely a minus in my world. It isn't overbearing though but i could ALWAYS be without fragrance in products and don't really care for my products smelling nice, other than the fact that it's just possibly going to irritate my skin which is always a bummer.

It also photographs beautifully - i haven't tried it on with flash, but i snatched this information up from an Lisa Eldrigde video - that even though it contains SPF (spf 19 im pretty sure) it doesn't give a flashback while being photographed with flash, which SPF usually tends to do. Though you'll have to try out yourself of course - all i can say is that it looks amazing, dewy and healthy and photographs and makes your skin look flawless and very nice and as said before, healthy. I love it the way it looks.

The texture is not heavy or thick, not super thin. I usually prefer to work with very thin foundations as i find them to be more easy to work with, lighter on the skin and overall better for dry skin. As said, this is not too heavy or thin, it's just about in between i would say, even though it's definitely more to the thin and runny side than thick side. It blends out easily, and i also actually find that it blends beautifully with the fingers using to apply as well.

The packaging is a glass bottle with a gold lid, looks very pretty and fancy as most YSL makeup, so that isn't surprising! It's quite heavy as well. I'm not particularly into the glass bottle as it probably means shattering and foundation wasted if you drop it, so i would suggest you being a bit careful with that (especially if you have a bit greasy or oily hands from moisturizier, facial or hair oil, serums etc). It is very pretty though.

I haven't had this for over 3 weeks, but this is what i've experienced so far and i am really loving it. Would definitely recommend to dry-very dry-normal skin. It is just beautiful. A bit pricey, yes, but i would say that it's worth the money.

on 11/21/2014 9:21:00 AM

I love this so much that but I have super duper oily skin. It's beautiful in photographs and makes my horrible skin look so youthful and bright it's amazing. I wear darker shade than my natural skin because I fake tan and this doesn't look orange just golden! Truly amazing.Yes I have to often blot but anyone with normal or dry skin will love this for those days where your dull skin needs a boost. When I want something longer lasting but just as amazing I use ysl fusion ink I've tried applying both to different halves of my face and they do look similarly amazing except this one is one is not matte like that one but it doesn't look shiny at all just gives more of a glow.

on 11/17/2014 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love this product, I have dry combination acne prone sensitive skin... My cheeks and nose tend to be the dry areas on my face and t-zone is normal/oily.

I do moisturize well at night (Avene Rich Moisturizing Creme/Glaxal Base)
Then I use my sunscreen, Avene Rich Moisturizing Creme/Glaxal Base then apply the foundation with a beauty blender. I love the finish of this foundation, it's so luminous. It wears for a good 8+ hours on me. I set it with Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. It doesn't accentuate dry areas at all, it can seep into your lines if you don't moisturize well enough. It's a sheer to medium coverage foundation - definitely more coverage than MUFE F&B.

I use this in BD50 - it's a shade darker but with a beauty blender, it sheers out the colour to match my neck/body. I went through a lot of shades before finding a close match. I tried B40 - best shade to match me but leaned a bit pink, B30 was waaaay too light but the yellow undertones were there, and B50 which also leaned a bit pink.

For reference: I'm Mac NC25-30, MUFE HD 118 & MUFE F&B 32.

on 11/16/2014 9:26:00 PM

I find myself always wanting to try something new when entering sephora. This foundation is hands down the one I always go back and get. I cant get away from it, I love the way it makes the skin look and have actually received numerous compliments. It is a very dewy finish... I use about 2 pumps to cover my entire face. it is buildable but I do need a concealer for blemishes. I have a fair-medium complexion with yellow under tones and I use B30. The only down fall to the foundation is that its 52 dollars. But for buying YSL thats what you pay for.

on 11/8/2014 11:41:00 AM

it's a really pretty foundation, gives such a nice glow, and dewy finish. The best part about this product is the feeling you get when you wear this foundation. YSL foundations have a really nice light feathery/ silky feel to them. I honestly like this foundation but my oily skin can be annoying with this foundation. After 4 hours of wear i go very oily on the t zone area, especially my nose and forhead, sometimes my cheeks. I don't want to powder this foundation because than it defeats the purpose of the radiance it gives. If you have oil-combination skin i'd say this isn't for you. If you have normal/dry skin i recommend this product 100% to you.

Coverage is buildable light-medium

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy