April 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hanging in Douglas this summer wondering if to buy YSL Teint Radiance foundation when a girl working for YSL asked me if I want to try Le Teint Touche Eclat. This was the first foundation that made my skin glow itself. I was under a spell so I bought it. I've been using B30. I really like the way my skin looks like when I apply it, but my skin is oily, especially on the T-zone. After 2-3 hours I "shine bright like a diamond". :D And one more problem - 15min after putting it on my face, it becomes liiiiitle bit like an orange. I don't know why. However... I want to try something else next time. If I don't find something better, I would definately come back to YSL. :) But not now... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, ladies, ladies (and perhaps gents), if you do not already own this foundation, why not? Okay, so I am a foundation fiend. But let me tell you what. I have never used this foundation on its own. The secret is to use this ON TOP of your favourite water-based foundation. That's right, apply your regular water-based foundation, your concealer, then as a finishing step, buff a SMALL amount of this product in your shade on top of the centre areas of your face. I use the real techniques expert face brush and it works wonders. It will last all day and will not budge, so for those of you out there who complain that this product does not last or set or whatever negative you may harbour, try what I said and thank me later. You will have flawless skin in no time.

This foundation does not clog, smells gorgeous and fresh, is light weight, and the colour range is fantastic. So why would anyone have anything negative to say? I have dramatically oily skin but I still use this in the centre of my face on top of my other foundations and it never contributes to the oilies.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

My fav combinations:
on top of Chanel Mat Lumiere
on top of Chanel Perfection Lumiere
on top of Armani Luminous Silk
on top of Make Up Forever HD
on top of Guerlain Parure Extreme

I alternate my base foundation daily, but always use the Teint Touche Eclat on top.

I have found that my favourite setting powder with this foundation is the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder.

Want to take your skin to another level of wow? Spritz a dampened beauty blender with some Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray and rock/dab the sponge gently over the powdered foundation. Perfection.

Now, I have told you all the secret to amazingly glowing skin. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I really love this foundation. It's illuminating, but not full of sparkles. Somewhat difficult to fine a shade, but BD50 works for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. Light to medium coverage. I love that it has SPF and a pump. I will update on the wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a month now so it's time for a review!
First to say ysl has a really weird numbering system. B30 is darker and more yellow than bd50.

I wear shade 10 from chanel and 4 from giorgio armani. O20 in CDP. So imagine the shock when they told me I'm a match in bd40.

But turns out bd40 is still pretty light compared to b30..

I tried the new serum foundation and BD50 looks a tad dark for me but perfect when mixed with bd40.

All I can advise for this foundation is to bring samples back and try in natural light setting. It's extremely hard to settle on a shade (for me)

Using this product with beauty blender works wonders and the staying power last whole day with the nars light optimising primer and the finishing powder. Even with no primer and powder, it still can last 8h

Product has an extremely floral smell so you will have to learn to love it in the long run :p

Other than that I'm very happy with this foundation.

For dark eye circles ; do use the touche eclat after layering more foundation on your eye area :p it helps

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this a good foundation. it's so light you don't even feel like you're wearing something, the shade selection is great and the coverage is just enough for me. that said it might not be as great for oily skin because the finish is quite dewy. I wish it was a matte finish but it isn't

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this stuff, it goes on beautifully smooth and looks so pretty when first applied- a lot better than armani luminous silk, has decent coverage and is build able but can get cakey, I have some acne scarring that can show through and it does dry a little when it's built up around spots- this is only visible close up and probably could be helped using a concealer, I moisturise really well before using as my skin is quite dry and most foundations do show my dry patches otherwise, THE STAYING POWER IS CRAP, even with primer, powder and a setting spray this does not last, my skin is not even oily! It would barely last 2 hours!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try it with my Smashbox Primer and MAC Concealer and report back!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really dissappointed with this. I thought it was going to be great for me, but It just wasn't. I'm a mac NC20 and BD10 worked great for me. I don't have any complaints as far as the shade range goes. At first I absolutely loved this foundation, the medium/buildable coverage, the luminous finish, how it was hydrating but not oily, looked natural, HOWEVER..this broke me out awfully. I have huge cysts all down the sides of my face. I know it's this foundation, every time I try to use it I break out. And not just a few zits, i'm talking pizza face. Nasty. I don't use it anymore. Acne prone skintypes BEWARE!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I understand why so many dry skinned ladies love this foundation. I'm going to skip the niceties and get to the useful bits, because no one cares to hear me rave some more about this cult favorite.

COLOR MATCH: IF YOU ARE VERY YELLOW, please slap the SA's away from color matching you. Through trial and error I tried B40, BD40, BR10, and B30 before finally going with gut instinct and coming home with B30. If it looks too yellow, it's probably right.
I am NC25 at the moment, a very yellow/olive one with little peachy undertones:

BR10: yellow, too light for me. Probably NC20 and below.
BD20: seems nice, but not in Sephora -_-
B30: My match. The color panel makes it look like a beigey/red tone but it's actually very close to a true NC25. It's NOT neutral. Just look at the bottle, it's yellow compared to what it's next to.
B40: Woah Nelly. Way too neutral and leaned pink on me. Looked like a mask. It was also darker than BD40.
BD40: Supposedly has golden undertones, but it's actually a smidge lighter than B30 and has more pink tones. It's still neutral on me.
BD50: This one seems right for my summer shade ~NC35+/NARS Stromboli.

DOES IT LAST?: Yes. If you are truly dry/normal skinned and not a "bit" oily or combo, this will last. I put it on at 3pm and it lasted until 12am when I took it off with no patchiness. It did NOT cake or accentuate around my dry patches. I use it with Cerave moisturizer. I don't think I'd purchase a darker shade for summer because it will probably slide off.

IS IT SHEER?: Not on me. For clear skin with no hyperpigmentation/scarring, it is more of a medium coverage. Neither is it "runny". It's very gel-y and very easy to spread onto the skin. The coverage is good enough for redness but not super dark spots. More importantly, it doesn't accentuate my laugh lines or dry spots. I use a paddle brush/fingers. I set with Hourglass Ambient Lighting in Ethereal light and BAYM!

DOES IT SMELL?: Like extreme roses on a sexy grandma. This can be annoying if you are sensitive to scents. It really is a strong scent, the strongest I've ever smelled in a foundation. At least it's not paint varnish like MAC Studio Sculpt.

IS IT MAGIC?: Yes. Imagine you have pretty decent skin that's a tad dry and you want to take it to the next level (or reverse a few years into teenage-hood) but don't want to cake it up or succumb to BB cream hype (ashy!) You are also financially in ruin or an independent klassy lady and have money to spend. It's somehow so glowy, so dewy, so radiant, so fresh, so lovely, so natural, so...perfect. It feels light enough on the skin, but also moisturizing. It's worth the HE price, imo. Just make sure you have a color match, because it's not "sheer" and people will notice if you mess that up.

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by SIBASAN

Absolutely, love this product! I'm currently alternating between foundations this one and the chanel vitalumiere aqua, but I've noticed I've been grabbing this one more often. I'm using BD50, MAC 30 for reference and B40 in VA but I find the YSL one matches my skin tone much better.

I love how light this foundation is plus the coverage is light to medium, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has acne prone or oily skin since it doesn't have that much coverage and a dewy finish. Overall, I'm loving this foundation; it is a bit more expensive than any other foundation I've ever bought comparing it to chanel, Dior, and nars but it's worth the 62CAD I spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sandandwater

This is my favourite foundation - the only foundation I have ever been completely happy with, actually. Most I have tried either oil up on my face, oxidise to a bad orange shade, are too pink or yellow toned, accentuate dry patches, irritate my skin, transfer or break me out. This does none of those things.

I use the shade B40 which is a near exact match for my skin. I don't know my exact MAC shade but I think I am around an NC25 with neutral tones if that helps. B40 leans neither too pink nor too yellow. It leans slightly on the warmer side but not too warm. It really is the best colour match I've ever had with a foundation.

The packaging looks luxurious and the pump it comes along with dispenses just the right amount of foundation for me (I like to use a pump). There is a light scent to it - reminds me of cucumbers - and it's not overwhelming in the slightest.

Lasts all day on me without the need for touching up or blotting. It has never gotten very greasy looking on me even after several hours wear. The finish upon application is quite luminous but not dewy. I don't like dewy foundations as they make me look sweaty. This just makes my skin look rather radiant and hydrated. It feels light on my skin and the coverage is just to my liking - quite light but enough coverage to cover any redness and even out my skin.

I am very happy with this and would highly recommend. It is expensive but well worth it.