Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 4/8/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

looked awful on my dry skin. cakey and too matte to the point that no matter the amount i'd apply, i'd end up looking creepily inhuman from my supermatte face. it also seemed kind of drying. if you have oily skin, this might work better for you.

on 4/7/2015 2:36:00 AM

I don't know what I was thinking. This product made me look as plastic as the creator. I hated it. Plus it hurt my wallet. I went to sephora and had it applied. It did cover and looked flawless in their lighting and mirror. When I looked in the little mirror, I can see that it settled in my pores a see bit but that's being nit picky. I purchased it and thought I can use less than he did with my primer and it will be flawless. WRONG!!! I attempted 4 tries. It makes your face feel like clay, settles into pores, accentuates wrinkles (I'm 30) melts all over your clothes. When I'd wear it my son would say "what's wrong with your face"? I gave it to my 16yr old niece and it covers perfectly. I have medium pores and slight wrinkles. I think this product is for young teen, twenties. I got my studio FX by m.a.c back.

on 4/6/2015 2:50:00 AM

I recently changed foundations from MAC Studio Fix NC15 to Kat Von D in L45. I was unsure that it would be my colour since I swatched it in stores it was a darker yellow, I found that it was easily blended into my skin and seemed to get lighter. So the key is to blend, I find it better to use a brush then use a beauty blender to sponge out any harsh lines. The coverage is amazing and now looking at trying the powder also.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I WANT to love it because the coverage is so unreal, but the coloring and the wear are a bit problematic for me. I bought this in shade 44 (back before 42 was available online) and I couldn't wear it without self tanner because it had a very peachy undertone that did NOT match my skin in the slightest. My other problem with this foundation was how I feel like it "sat" on my skin. It LOOKED like it controlled my oil because it always appeared fairly matte, but after about 6 hours of wear it would come off on my fingers and settle into creases. I know most of my problems with this product don't lie in the product itself but more with my own skin, so if you have normal skin and aren't pale as snow, definitely give this a go.

on 4/3/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is the best I have ever tried, and I have tried numerous foundations. I have dry to normal skin after taking Accutane, and I find that this product not only provides fantastic coverage (it will cover anything), but I love the way it finishes. It leaves a perfect matte finish with just the slightest bit of shine that makes my face glow. Additionally, the shade I use blends flawlessly on my skin. Kat Von D can never stop making this foundation. It's just too good and worth every cent. Nothing else compares for me.

on 4/2/2015 11:04:00 AM

High coverage, semi-matte finish and controls oil/shine. This foundation is like a denser, more concentrated version of Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation which has been a favourite of mine for a really long time. I like a skin-like finish to my makeup and achieve that by using a tiny tiny bit to cover the areas I need it on my face, much like a concealer instead of all over. It sets really fast and doesn't blend the easiest so I would recommend you work with one part of your face at a time instead of smearing

on 4/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation. I've got combination skin, and my color is medium-fair. I'm 47 years old. It does a great job covering sun spots that I've gotten over the years, it covers acne scars and makes my skin look flawless. I was looking for a foundation that would do all of that and it does. It's great for covering the redness from certain skin conditions and post surgery. It covers everything, so if your looking for something like that, this is a great product. If you want a more "dewy" type of texture, then don't finish with a powder of any sort. If the consistency is too thick for you, then add a drop of water to thin it out a bit. A little product goes a long way!!

on 3/31/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and I know this is a thick matte foundation but I decided to give it a try. I originally bought 44 which was to dark, but used the entire bottle. Then 42 came back in stock. I bought that and it matched. I originally LOVED this product. Even with my very dry skin. I have bad hyperpigmentation and it covered well. I'm also out of the bottle I have and I HATE this foundation. First off, the foundation is blotchy/patchy on my face. I've tried primers, lotions etc. I know how to do my makeup. Anyway, I blend and blend and it literally looks like I completely missed my lower cheek area. I've tried plenty of brushes, etc to get it to blend nicely, but it won't. Idk if there was something wrong with the package I got, but I will NOT repurchase.

on 3/24/2015 8:38:00 AM

Literally bought this foundation on a whim. I had tried literally everything and didn't know what else to do since nothing was working for me. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin and everything either was not enough coverage, had poor color matches or made me look like a greaseball. I'm so glad I got so frustrated and ended up trying this because it is amazing. Truly full coverage and makes my skin look great. Only thing is I wish it didn't leave a white cast in photos. Not sure yet how to fix that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have very oily skin,hyper pigmentation, the occasional breakout, and this is the best liquid foundation I've used in a VERY long time! This covers everything so well, it is truly amazing how smooth my skin looks with this foundation.And it doesn't feel to heavy at all, and I don't need a concealer! Even though I bought the matching concealer, which is the bomb btw. I don't need it with this foundation, and that is so cool!

I have warm undertones and I'm in shade 48. This doesn't oxidize on me either! I'm very impressed with this foundation and it's ability to stay matte for up to 8 hours!

I use it with Urban Decay's De Slick Spray and set it with a regular loose powder. I also carry a powder foundation in my bag for touch ups if needed, but I find that I don't need it!

I'm loving this, and will definitely re-buy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials