August 30, 2014 | 1123 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product. I used to work for Sephora and this stuff will cover just about anything, we recommended it to many women with serious acne problems (although really, a dermatologist is a good idea if you need this foundation as well.) I used to have more difficult skin, and bought it for myself. It lasts a very long time, about 6 months for me, with daily use, and it is in a very hygienic pump bottle that is also sleek and pretty. This product is also wonderful for very light skin tones that are neutral to yellow, I am a 01Y at Sephora and have trouble finding foundations light enough for me, and this actually was. The negative of this to me, was that it is vey thick (which is of course, the point for some people) I felt like it couldn't be good for my skin, even though it effectively covered acne and dark circles and was decent for oil control along with lasting all day. However, after seeing a dermatologist and having my skin clear up from prescriptions, I will be moving on to less mud like foundations. I would really recommend this product though for those that really need full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There were so many reasons I ventured into Sephora looking for a new foundation. I was too dark for my foundations I had, my skin went crazy and was left with scars and acne marks, and I needed something that would stay on for not only parties and graduation, but needed to photograph well. I left my face in the hands of the SA and told her I needed something VERY FULL COVERAGE.

She brought this one out, popped it on, and I was sold instantly. The coverage was a nice satin finish (not too matte, but not dewy either) and blurred out my skin. You couldn't see any dark spots popping through and best of all it doesn't look like I was wearing the dreaded "too much foundation" mask. I liked the price point on this foundation and was SO happy it was in a pump bottle *praise the makeup gods*

This foundation does indeed live up to its claims. It stays on FOREVER. Through all day events of graduation, parties, being outside in the general summer heat, this stayed on all day. I never felt I needed to powder it throughout the day. It's evident when you go to take it off at the end of your day that it's still attached to your skin. I took a few makeup wipes and Bioderma to get it all off. I would strongly recommend washing your face after using this. Though it didn't break me out, it is a HEAVY foundation. Now, I don't personally have tattoos, but I was curious if it really did cover tattoos. So I experimented on my dad who has them and I can say that this did cover his green ones very well. I can't say to any other colored inks, but the shade I have covered the green.

Another fair warning, if you have dry skin I HIGHLY recommend moisturizing just to make this blend a bit better. It is a very thick formulation and I also caution when applying to work in sections because it dries quick. I apply mine over a heavy moisturizer and blend it out with my Real Techniques Blending Brush to give me a nice flawless application. This does take patience and good blending to really work into the skin.

tl;dr

What I liked:
-This foundation stays on FOREVER
-Covers everything from acne scars to tattoos
-No breakouts or issues
-Great price (under $35USD)
-PUMP BOTTLE (hollaaaa)

I have no complaints at all about this foundation and would repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by staceygrigas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product last year, wasn't sure about it, returned it and got a different brand, which I ended up returning and buying a lighter shade of the Lock-It which I ultimately stuck with. Turns out I just had too dark of a shade.

This stuff is PERFECT for fall and winter. It's a little heavy for spring and summer during the day, but works at night. Yes, this product is FULL coverage. If you don't like full coverage, stay far, far away. It covers blemishes well, and helps work with concealer to cover undereye circles.

The reason I am writing a review, however, is the longevity of this product. It is by far the longest wearing foundation I have ever used. It lasts longer than, and in my opinion has a better finish than, Mac Pro Longwear. I can wear this from late morning until after 2 am without touching it up, with the aid of a primer of course. And as for the staying power: this afternoon, I thought my gym partner ditched me, so I put on primer and this foundation. A few minutes later she changed her mind and I shrugged it off and went to the gym with foundation on, figuring I didn't really care if I got streaky. But that's the kicker... I came home, looked in the mirror, and it was still perfect. I sweat like a crazy person when I was there!

Worth the purchase if you like a full coverage foundation that gives you a near flawless finish. Applied best with a Beauty Blender in my experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Rose8989

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are other full coverage foundations, like makeup forever matt velvet, that do a much better. This makeup is very unnatural looking, it gives cake face. Added bonus for me was that both shades turned orange within three hours on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I still really like my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, but I'm finding it doesn't hold up very well when I sweat. So I've been trying to find a sweat-proof liquid foundation, that is suitable for use year round. I went to Sephora and asked for some recommendations. This is one of 3 samples I picked up.

I was a little hesitant to try this. I got a sample of this in Medium 54, based on my Color IQ.

I would not purchase a full-size bottle of this. It is SUPER thick and hard to blend. Even using a tiny bit, it was streaky, and cakey. It also looked really unnatural, almost like a mask. It did a good job of covering up the redness, but it emphasized the small bumps on my face. It didn't look very good at all. It also felt very heavy on my face. I took it off soon after applying it. I wouldn't have felt comfortable wearing this in public.

Also, the color was really off. It was way too dark for my complexion, and looked very orange. I think I would probably need Medium 50. But I don't like this enough to even try to find the right color. This was definitely a fail for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the only skin match foundation they had for me at sephora so I went ahead and bought it. YOU HAVE TO USE THIS VERY SPARINGLY. If I put on more than a dot on each section of my face it looks cakey and streaking. Still not sure how I feel about this... Great coverage but rubs off and is hard to apply correctly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by paolagvez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! With a damp beauty blender and half a pump this foundation looks flawless! I have oily skin & this foundation is long wear and only gets oily after about 8-9 hours of wear. I just carry blot sheets & powder to touch up and one time is all it takes. I LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy.carp. They weren't lying about the full coverage part. I broke out pretty nastily earlier this year (which is awesome, being almost 30 and all), and while it's under control now, I still have marks left over and general grossness. I got this from Sephora for 41$ cdn and yeah, I'll say it was worth it. The coverage is insane, the colour matches me better than any other foundation I've tried recently, it lasts all day, and hasn't given me any new spots, it also dosen't tend to sit in pores or anything else either. You only have to use the teeny-tinest amount, a small dot for each cheek and maybe a once over on any area you might need abit more coverage on, but that's it. At the rate I'm using this, this'll last forever, I'll be passing this bottle on to my grandchildern, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Dominiquec98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation looks good in a certain lighting. I do not have oily skin and ever since i used this foundation, my skin was very oily by the end of the day. It didn't even look natural. I am mexican so i have a tan but i am not very dark. It made my face look orange and the lady that matched my color said it was the right one. It looked very dark on my skin. The only good thing about it was how flawless it makes u look in a certain lighting. It has a lot of cocerage of thats what you are looking for. I would not reccomend this foundation. In the sun it looks caky on your face and the foundation is very thick. It makes you oily and will make you break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by kimmcma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is really heavy and tricky to apply. I use the beauty blender sponge. Once applied my skin is flawless. But I have found that if my skin is dry this really emphasizes the dryness. I do like this at night when I am going out but it's very heavy for daily use. I'm not sure this has any better staying power than my HG foundation, smashbox 15 hour.