August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by cassandraleann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

So, I'll start off with the bad: this foundation has a pump & no sort of lid or covering over it. However, that is my one and only complaint. This foundation isn't runny, isn't too thick, blends nicely & looks great on the skin, and doesn't melt off in the heat--and I live in Arizona! This was $34 at Sephora and worth every penny. I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by HollyTheNeko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great foundation that does everything it says its supposed to do but be warned if you have dry spots or dry skin. After moisturizing and priming my face the foundation caught on dry spots that didn't even feel dry. If you have dry skin be warned!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been wanting this foundation pretty much since it was released. Unfortunately its not sold here so I finally gave in after much research and ordered it online. I'm Nc15 for reference and bought Light 45 which was a good match for me. I usually wear long wearing foundations since I have an oily Tzone which is another reason I wanted to try this. Unfortunately there is nothing long wearing about this foundation for me ! It doesn't last on my oily tzone even with primer, setting spray and powder. It also doesn't last on my cheeks which are normal. Very disappointed with this and I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for something long wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by moonlightrebel83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm on my fourth bottle of this foundation which is really saying something because you don't need much. This foundation has the most pigment of any I've ever tried. My rosacea likes to break out at really inopportune times, and this covers it completely. It stays all day and doesn't transfer to clothes or hands. I do actually think it's better for my rosacea than other foundations because it's slightly drying. I moisturize before I put it on each morning. It runs out quickly in-store and online. I hope I never run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Novales1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I echo another reviewer when she stated she has mixed feelings. It looks great and covers well in the beginning but it just doesn't last on me. I use primer and I set it with mufe hd powder. This is my first full coverage foundation. I have some "age spots" or pregnancy marks whatever you want to call them. There's a large light brown swath of one on my left lower cheek. By the end of the day I can totally see it and the other smaller areas too. I work in a salon and often too busy for touch ups so I will keep looking. I had high hopes for it so I am disappointed in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Earlbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your oily, don't buy this. If you have blemishes, don't buy this. If you have large pores, don't buy this. This foundation is heavy and it covers a lot but it settles into all the creases, with or without primer. Bad product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by shellXbelle7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever I run out to my local makeup shops, I always take a look at the foundations that have popped up, or go back and swatch some that I have had my eye on, but have yet to purchase. The Kat Von D Lock-It Liquid Foundation was one that I had seen at my local Sephora a few times. I had always been a fan of her eyeshadows, and absolutely loved face sculpting blushes, but I held out on purchasing the foundation.

After watching numerous reviews on YouTube, I broke down, and decided to buy it, and I fell in love from the first application. It matched my skin tone perfectly (which is so difficult with foundations because I have red undertones), blended in beautifully and literally erased every imperfection on my skin (I have acne scarring, and hyper-pigmentation). I felt as if I had a blank canvas after applying this foundation.

Although I think this foundation is awe-inspiring, there is one teeny-tiny drawback; it is VERY VERY full coverage. A person will not say to you, "you have great skin!" They will say, "your makeup looks great!" For some, that may seem like nothing, but I know a great deal of women who love to wear makeup, but don't want the makeup to seem overpowering. And considering that this foundation is supposed to be heavy enough to wear for a full 24 hours with little to no breakdown, it does show up on the skin.

Lastly, I have oily skin, and I am a waitress in a fast-paced restaurant, and I have no time to powder/touch-up. I wore this foundation to work, and I did not see any significant breakdown in the T-zone, and this is through sweat, heat lamps, water splashing on my face, etc. It stayed put.

A must-have for women who love full coverage foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jxnnifxr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

loved this foundation at first, but now i just dont like how it looks on my skin. i have dry to oily skin and i feel like the matte finish just looks so cakey. another thing is i have yellow undertones, and this foundation pulls through pink undertones, so it looks very ashy on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype over this foundation. I was so excited but I am completely let down. The coverage is not good, it makes my face look splotchy & cakey & it doesn't blend well. I have tried applying with my beauty blender, brush, fingers; none work well. And I even heavily moisturized beforehand bc I was told that it's drying but that still didn't help. I will be returning this to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trying this foundation out for over a week now. It's full coverage and if not blended well on moisturized skin, can look dry or cakey. I was using my F80 from Sigma to apply this but it was just cakey looking so I tried my beauty blender and I like that look much better. The sales associate described this foundation as just sitting on top of ur skin and not ever really sinking in for a more blended natural look. I would say that he's right. With that being said, it does cover very well and if applied correctly on top of very moisturized skin, it will look flawless. I've wore Estee Lauder's Doublewear for years so I've been comparing it to that. Doublewear is my absolute holy grail, full coverage, number one foundation. IMO Doublewear wins hands down. That foundation doesn't rub off at all and is long wearing. With the lock it foundation, my only problem is that it doesn't last all day.. If u rub ur nose lightly a few times or blow it or anything, the foundation will come off and then ur left with a patchy looking face. Doublewear isn't like that at all. I also found that this does excentuate ur fine lines and wrinkles big time, so keep that in mind. So I will say that this is a good contender and I can see why so many ppl like it but IMO it isn't the best of the best for full coverage.