April 18, 2014 | 1861 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SkylarLynaeVance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was way too cakey for my liking. It IS possible to be full coverage and not have a cakey appearance. It took forever to set and made my oily skin even more oily. Not impressed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

I love Kat von D's cosmetic line! Definitely a full coverage foundation, dont need much concealer after this, does make me a bit oily after a long time of wearing it, but no spots or unsightly build up of this on my face, it stays even! However it does transfer, so be careful around white shirts lol! Overall, one of my favorite full coverage liquif foubdations.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by prettyinpoppunk

For awhile now, I've been looking for a foundation that seems like it could withstand all the conditions of a rock show. Lasting 11-14 hours and sweatproof. I finally tried this product today and I feel like this could be the one. I'm in the shade Light-Medium 52 and after it oxidizes, it matches my Asain skin perfectly. I found it to be super easy to blend with my Real Techniques buffing brush. I hadn't even used a primer. It's not waterproof, but it comes pretty close. I put some on the back of my hand (without a primer) and tried rubbing it off with a q-tip. It finally started to come off if I rubbed it hard enough, but it does come off easily with makeup remover.

The only two downsides are that it makes dry skin more noticeable (Which won't be a problem for me after winter). And I noticed a somewhat chemical-ish smell. But it doesn't bother me too much. Overall, this is an amazing foundation. I would repurchase, but you don't need to use that much, and there's a ton of product, so it'll be awhile before I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in light 44, I was matched by the girl at Sephora, and it seemed to match better than any product I've previously used, but I found it to oxidize rather badly through out the day, to my surprise.
I was so excited to try it out at first because it's the first time I've come to splurge on a higher end product, as I usually stick with drug store brands. I was really disappointed by the coverage. I apply it with an Elf powder brush and I stipple it in. I tried using powder with it once and I found it looked extremely cakey and unappealing. Every review I've seen tends to rave about how highly pigmented it is and the outstanding coverage. While I do have some minor acne and post acne scarring, the really annoying red/pink marks, this foundation took two layers to even make all that non noticeable. It didn't last as long as it claims, or others have claimed, either. I can wear it through out my usual 10 hour day but definitely not without a couple touch ups, unless I just don't care that day.
I'm not going to repurchase this product, I have no desire to at all. I'm just waiting for my bottle to run out now, as I mix it with moisturizer, because I hate to waste product especially when paying that price.
I think I've definitely seen better results with drugstore foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by marchell

What a disappointment ! Lol, I really wanted to be able to love this foundation, it was full coverage as I desperately needed and the bottle was so beautiful. However, it is much too heavy for me, it was like spreading gunk on my face, it never set & it transferred sooo easily. Had it for one day and returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cwabby

This foundation seriously means business. They weren't kidding when they said "full coverage". I really don't even need much concealer after using this stuff. The foundation is like a creamy whipped paste and a little goes a long way. For reference, i'm nc42 oily combination acne prone skin. This stuff keeps me matte for practically the whole day. I initially bought shade m62 but that was too dark. Then I tried one of the new shades m57 and it is PERFECT for my nc42 skin!! I wouldn't recommend this foundation for dry skin though because it is not moisturising at all.

The pump bottle is wonderful. I usually do half a pump first and then more if needed because it is so full coverage. There is no chemically smell or anything.

One con I noticed is that it didn't glide on as well when I used my smashbox primer. But it looks perfect on bare skin. It can look like "makeup" so I found that using my beauty blender gives the nicest most natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the closest I have come to an HG foundation! I have acne-prone skin and hyperpigmentation, and strongly prefer a full-coverage foundation. Kat Von D's Lock It definitely provides the best coverage out of all the foundations I've tried so far. With this foundation, you will not need concealer. It is a very thick foundation and dries quickly, so you need to blend it immediately after applying it. It is a bit heavy and can slightly highlight dry skin and pores, but using a moisturizer can help with this greatly. The foundation has excellent staying power and lasts the whole day, particularly when I set it with my Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray. The shade selection is very rich and caters to both warm and cool skin tones. Also, weirdly enough, I've noticed that my acne has been quite a bit better since I have started using this foundation. This is just a correlation, so I'm not saying that it was definitely the foundation that reduced my acne, but I noticed that some other reviewers said the same thing, so I wanted to let you know my experience with it. In sum, I am extremely happy with this foundation and use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I got this in a sample size to test it out before buying it. I have combination skin. My t zone is extremely oily and I am drier around my face. This is seriously the most long lasting foundation I have EVER used. And I have tried quite of few foundations from drugstore to high end. And the longevity of this foundation takes the cake. I wouldn't say it's 24 hour wear which I don't believe any foundation could be worn 24 hrs and still look good. But I would say I could go 6-8 hours of wear depending on what I'm doing. The coverage is medium/full but does not look cakey in my opinion. I wore this to a concert that was in an outside venue and it lasted beautifully. I prefer touching up with setting sprays such as UD de-slick rather than applying powder. I believe I only touched up once that day. Overall, if you're looking for a full coverage, long lasting, MATTE foundation this is definitely it. I wouldn't recommend this to drier skins though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

5 star overall because the formula truly could really not be better. Purchased M54 for my C4/Nars Barcelona light tan Asian combo skin and it is just slightly light, easily adjusted with strategic bronzer and I will buy in deeper shade for summer. Amazing coverage with less than a full pump on my hand and a beautyblender to apply. I looked finished and subtlely made up. I cannot say natural because it leaves me flawless, but it is very forgiving and flattering: no cakeface or heavy layers here. The wear is incredible and it feels truly weightless! Straight through 8 hours with no caking and no shine. I have never seen such a thing! And it smooths over my errant dry patches rather than highlighting them. Pores disappear and it dries to a matte finish, but not SUPER matte like Revlon Whipped or Nars Matte Glow. I cannot rave enough about this new HG to me. If you have similar skintype or are dewier, this is a must try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is alright but i agree with others before it did get oily and didn't stay on my face all day it wiped off way to easily