Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 2/23/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have combination skin so finding a good foundation with good coverage is really hard but this is my absolute favorite! The price is great and a little goes a long way!

on 2/23/2015 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have Hormonal Acne scarring all over the bottom half of my face. I don't use this foundation every day as I save it for more of a "weekend" foundation because it is quite heavy (I try to keep it light during the week to allow my skin to breath)

Every time I put this foundation on it literally gives me a completely bare canvas to work with! It literally convers each imperfection/acne scar/ broken capillary on my face! This is definitely a FULL COVERAGE foundation, and the consistency is rather thick. Just be sure you are setting it properly and you shouldn't have any problems :)

You go Kat Von D!

on 2/22/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For years my H.G has been Mac Studio Fix Fluid, but now I'm completely in LOVE😍 with Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation.
I went to Sephora for a color match. I was matched to Deep 72..it was too dark..so I matched myself to Deep 66. So NW 43 =Deep 66 lol.
I applied the makeup with a sigma F80 flat top Kabuki.I'm heavy handed when it comes to foundation, so i did 3 pumps, I buffed it on using circular motion. The foundation dries quick to a matte finish. This foundation COVERS everything. It's a thick creamy consistency! When i wear it I get tons of compliments. But its "Your makeup is beautiful! " not "Your skin is beautiful! " It last over 10 hours on one of the hottest days and I was working and breaking a sweat. The foundation holds true to color. No oxidizing.I Looked in the mirror and still gorgeous! No judging but i did one of the ultimate "No-No", I went to sleep in my makeup and when i woke up, the foundation was still on and it looked pretty!
If you are looking for a full coverage opaque foundation this is it!

on 2/16/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

packaging is ADORABLE!!!price perfection ! 10 dollars less than taste amazonian clay and not nearly as greasy looking so MATTE love it !

on 2/8/2015 11:53:00 PM

if you like cake foundation this is for you , as an oily skinned girl i definitely go towards to matte long wearing foundations however this foundation is just so thick ! It literally leaves you looking like you put cake on your face , it does leave you matte but as for long wearing i would say it gives me about a 6 hour wear

on 2/8/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, oily, dehydrated skin. I'm currently an NC25; asian, warm undertone. I prefer light coverage foundations for everyday use. Then I decided I should go for a medium-full coverage foundation for when I go out. I've used other foundations of the type before such as EL Double Wear, LM Silk Creme, etc. but they either broke me out or couldn't work with my oily face.

Then I bought the Lock-It foundation and it's amazing. It doesn't break me out. Ngl, when I come home from a night out, I get lazy and don't remove my makeup. When I wake up the next morning, my foundation still looks really good.

I was originally going to purchase Medium 52 but it was really yellow and a tad bit dark. It could probably be my summer foundation. So I was matched with Light 48, which was a little gray and pale for my skin tone. I ended up purchasing both colors to mix them. The mix matches my skin perfectly.

I've tried a couple of ways to apply it. Fingers and brushes usually leave a pretty cakey finish no matter how much I try to buff it in; within a few hours, the foundation starts to separate and look like a mess. I found that the beauty blender gives the best, as-natural-as-possible application. The first thin layer is medium coverage. For full coverage, you just need a second thin layer. It covers hyperpigmentation scars really well, I never need to use concealer. One full pump is enough for the entire face.

I start off with a clean face and moisturize before I spray my face with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray. Then I prime with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I use my beauty blender to apply the Lock-It foundation. Set it with Nar's Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder. Contour, highlight, blush (all powder), and then another couple of sprays of UD All Nighter. Then I'm good for the rest of the night. It. Does. Not. Budge. I only need to blot my nose area once throughout the night.

The packaging is nice. It's not messy. Pretty straight-foward pump with a small plastic stopper. I will definitely repurchase when I run out, which won't be soon. You really don't need much product. Considering that and how well it holds up, the price ain't too bad. I've tried other high end brands that were way more expensive and ended up really, really disappointed. This foundation is solid.

on 2/5/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If your not looking for full coverage don't get this foundation, but if you are you're in luck my friends :) This works great with people with acne it covers it so well. I hardly use concealer with it, because I don't want a caked look to my face. I don't use this everyday, because I want to save it for days when I want to look extra nice. The lightest shade is still to dark for my skin, so as I said before in my other reviews, just put a light powder over your foundation and it should lighten it up a bit :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!

I purchased this foundation once in desperation during a bad breakout a few months ago because it is maximum coverage and the price didn't break the bank. After using it once, I was SHOCKED at how amazing it was. I am very picky with foundations. I have fair skin that is very dry in the winter, so it is hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin color AND doesn't make me look flakey or cakey. This foundation, however, made me look flawless, even during a bad breakout!

I receive numerous compliments on my complexion every time I wear it. The only negative to this foundation is that it is very thick and sometimes hard to apply. I have found that using a dot on each section of my face (each cheek, chin, and forehead) and spreading it with my fingers works better than a brush or a sponge. It spreads wonderfully, so a little goes a long way. Once it's on, it literally does just as the name says.... It's ''locked'' for the day.

Overall, I give this product 5 stars. It is definetly not for someone who likes a light foundation or sheer coverage, but if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that lasts all day and doesn't feel heavy on your face, you must try this!

on 1/31/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has to be the most disappointing product I've bought lately. I had such HIGH hopes being as every picture I ever see with someone wearing it...has them looking smooth and flawless like a China doll. :/
I have pretty normal skin....kinda large pores....and omgosh. ...it settled in and accentuated every poor SO BADLY!
Dx <
I even tried using a primer underneath. ...nope. And I don't know what the deal is with it, but it would move around and cake up in places ...like literally slide on my face and leave patchy spots. I've tried it for a month now...a million different ways.... and same thing...just does not like my skin aparently. O_o
And putting powder on top of the shiny places...a big no no. Caked up and settled in what lines I do have. :/
I'm so sad about this...really. I wanted it to be the miracle product I've heard it to be. I love the packaging! and I loved that it's FULL coverage and thick...really hides any flaws on your face and skin....but after about 45 mins, it oxidizes and turns dark...and starts to do the separation thing, as well as made my face very oily. I'm gonna say....if you're over 40 with any lines or pore issues. ..don't waste your money. I will not be purchasing again. sticking with my Urban Decay Naked foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly don't know how people get this to work and look good or how this can be someones favorite. I am no makeup amateur and can not make this look good on me to save my life. I have very oily skin, but not much acne and mainly want to cover dark spots. Somehow this makes every small wrinkle and pore magnified and then when my skin gets oily after maybe an hour the foundation slides around and just looks awful. I really don't think i am using too much, 1/2 pump. It makes dry skin stick out that i didn't even know i had despite exfoliating and moisturizing. Its too bad it didn't work out because the color matched me perfectly and the packaging looks amazing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials