Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 5/19/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love the coverage of this foundation! I'm an nc15 in mac and first bought light44, but lord have mercy it's like putting orange paint on your face! So I went to light 45 and wow what a difference it's an actual skin color!! I've had severe rosacea since I was 12 and it's only gotton worse since I've gotton older ( I'm almost 19) and this covers it like nobody's business, so thank The Lord for this foundation, but some of the colors are wack.

on 5/18/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this as a sample and I loved it. I have oily pale skin with yellow undertones. For some reason my skin ended up going haywire, breaking out all over in ways that it normally never does, so my normal foundation wasn't going to cut it. I dug through my box of Sephora samples and decided to try this one. It was fantastic at covering my blemishes. I went from afraid to leave my house to actually feeling confident! I wouldn't say this is totally matte though. Maybe more satin? I have an oily t-zone and I did notice that sometimes it would build up and get a little streaky around my nose, even with a setting powder, so I docked a star. I did have to touch it up once or twice throughout the day, but my skin is oily so I expect that. Aside from that, it stayed on really well. I had cried over something and was a little nervous to look in the mirror since it's full coverage and I was worried about streaking, but it stayed put. You couldn't even tell from my makeup that I'd been crying. I also only have to use a very minimal amount. The little sample lasted me about two weeks, so it's worth the price to me. I never thought I looked cakey and it didn't feel heavy. I will say that it doesn't give that luminous "no makeup" makeup look but I'm not sure that's what it's meant to do, so if that's the look you're going for, it's probably not for you. It didn't oxidize on me, and I didn't experience it being hard to blend or drying too fast, but I always work in small sections so maybe that's why. Overall I do really like this foundation but I see why it wouldn't be for everyone.

on 5/16/2015 2:44:00 PM

I was in complete love with this foundation for a good year or so. Anyone who asked for foundation recommendations, I suggested this stuff. Anytime anyone asked which one I was wearing I eagerly told them. But I'm not loving it like I use to now. I find even if you moisturize and prime your skin, it is still really hard to blend, it's very thick, I sometimes need 2-3 pumps. I also realized it oxidizes very orange :(

I am a NW30, the Sephora girl matched me w/ the little device @ Light 48. It is not a match.

One thing I do really like is the packaging, it seems that by the time I get to the last pump, all of the product will be out and none really wasted like some other brands.

on 5/11/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

okay so, i bought this foundation in Medium 56, a shade darker for the summer *NC42 in mac for reference* and i got matched with my color IQ at sephora. i applied it with my beauty blender, it set super fast on my skin, i must admit it caked up on my skin. i have pretty normal skin and have tried with and with out primer ( i use porefessional from benefit). overall the foundation did last all day, but towards the end of the day my face looked super caked, my pores were like showing completely through the foundation. only used it about 6-7 times, trying to play around with it, and trying to find a way to make it work.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried this out and it was just wayyyy too thick. Felt very heavy on the skin, and was difficult to keep from looking cakey.

on 5/3/2015 8:32:00 PM

My color was 54 Medium. I normally need medium to full coverage. I use primer and set with powder.
I was really struggling on how to rate this foundation. I really do like it, it literally lasts ALL DAY without movement or oxidization (I do use powder to set it). I will have to blot at least twice a day, but that's more of my skin than the foundation. I do use primer, but have tried it without once...and it stood up just as well. The things that I didn't like about this foundation was that it smells. It smells like clown make up/paint and is quite thick. I find that I can definitely see it sit on my skin, so you have to be careful when applying. You can't just goop it on and hope to work it across your skin (I use a make up sponge - the beauty blender). I could also feel it all day. It truly felt like I had a layer of foundation on my face - which is an experience that I wasn't used to. I've worn foundations before where they were so lightweight, yet had coverage, that this definitely took some getting used to. I did initially break out, but I'm not sure if that was hormonal or due to the product (it's been about two months now and I think that my skin has started to adjust to the foundation). If you need full to fuller coverage, this is the perfect foundation for you, but I found it just a little heavy for me.

on 5/3/2015 8:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I had read online that this foundation was full coverage and suitable for pale skin, as it is not on sale in the UK I had to order it online in the shade Light 42, so it was pretty costly! Not too keen on the smell of the stuff, but it is definitely full coverage and blends in well with my skin, as it is very white I have to add some blush on top or else I would look like a corpse. It will definitely last me a few months, as I don't think I would use it everyday.

on 5/1/2015 3:29:00 PM

I loveee this foundation its FULL COVRAGE AND STAYS ON FOREVER!!! I used the makeup forever foundation and ran out so I bought this one and I totally loved it I have combination skin and gives my skin a nice finish I would recommend a translucent powder at the end for those with combination skin! I also tried this during the winter. But I recommend it for an all day wear.

on 4/29/2015 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to agree with a lot of the ladies here. This is very full coverage. I hated the way I looked during the day with it on. It would smear all over the place, especially if it's a hot day. God forbid you use translucent powder. I can't even imagine how cake-y it would look if I had done that like I usually do with my foundations. The sale lady said this is the perfect everyday HG foundation. And maybe it is if you are a celebrity needing to look done up for the paparazzi. But don't buy if you want something light and natural looking. To be honest maybe this should be resold as tattoo cover up.

on 4/28/2015 1:14:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this one definitely fits the description. I have some tricky hyperpigmentation spots and after using this foundation I didn't need any further concealer. However, I don't really like full coverage on the rest of my face.
Also, this foundation looks flawless... From a distance or in pictures but upclose, it looks a little heavy and a little cakes on me.
So for everyday for me, it's too heavy and too full coverage, but for pictures or if I needed a fuller coverage, then I think this would be a good choice.

Video Reviews & Tutorials