April 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I have combination skin. I'm EXTREMELY oily in my t-zone and dry around. I bought this foundation because my skin usually gets unbearably dry during the cold seasons. (Fall/Winter) I've only been using it for a week but I can already tell that this foundation just isn't for me. It looks good for the first 2 hours on me then it starts looking more greasy in my t zone areas than "dewy". But it doesn't feel greasy up until 4 hrs of wear. And this is of course with setting powder. L'oreal claims overtime your skin will look healthier, clearer, and luminous after a month use. I already see the results when it comes to the luminosity. My natural skin has had a natural glow ever since I started using this. As for healthier and clearer, I have been having breakouts and this is the only thing new I'm using in my makeup routine. It's not anything too severe like cystic acne. But I've gotten more than one pimple and I don't even wear makeup everyday. I do like that it's super blendable and lightweight. But it does feel like it takes a while to set. I personally prefer a matte/satin foundation. I just thought since my skin has been dryer id try a more dewy foundation. This definitely hydrates the skin as it has 40% water. I no longer have dry patches but now I feel my skin is too luminous even without wearing the foundation. That maybe a plus for some but I personally am not too found of it. I may just switch back to my matte foundation now that my skin isn't so dry anymore after using this. L'Oreal also claims that this is for all skin types but I don't believe it's for oily skins or even people like me who are extremely oily in the t zones. If you have dry skin id think it would be a good foundation to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Loved10

I am rather new to foundations. I have always used Bare Essentials Mineral Foundation Powder. I am b=venturing out. I got this after seeing raving reviews on it on blogs about the "dewy finish". I tried it in N 3 thinking it would match but it was a bit dark. Then I tried W1-2 because there is no N1-2 in this foundation. It matched nicely. I do think it is dewy, but too much so. I have combo skin and it seemed wet almost on my T zone and even my cheeks. It seemed to stay wet on my face and was easily transferable to tissues and to clothes and even my hands if I itched. Overall it is too wet and does not stay put. I have even tried setting it with IT cosmetics translucent powder with no success. I wont buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Oh this foundation.....I've bought this foundation 3 times now, each time with the hope that I will fall madly in love with it and never need to buy another foundation again (yeah right) and dance off in to the sunset with it and all that good stuff. But every single time I have bought this foundation I have ended up being disappointed. L'Oreal did a really good job with this foundation from a marketing standpoint- the packaging is by far the nicest of any drugstore foundation, it looks very high end, it comes with a pump and has beautiful rose gold type. Everything about the appearance of this foundation makes you want to buy it. It certainly makes me want to buy it. I have combination skin that is dehydrated so I do get flaky patches that need a bit of nourishing and since this foundation is 'lumi', I always assume that it will be the perfect one...right? Wrong. The foundation has a really liquidy, lightweight texture which feels amazing on my skin but it does not blend. At all. I have tried so many different moisturizers and primers with this and it blends on top of the skin but it doesn't actually blend in. I assume this is why it sinks in to every line on my face within an hour of use. 90% of the time that I wear this foundation, I end up washing it off part way through the day and applying something different because I can't stand how it looks, but on those days where I don't have time to remove it or it doesn't look as bad, it stays on my skin for about 6 hours. Not bad, but given that I touch up at least twice within those 6 hours, it is pretty pitiful. It doesn't break me out which is really nice and it does give the luminous finish that it claims to but it just doesn't preform as a foundation should. For the past week or so I have been using this on top of my Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and the two together are a powerhouse since the Smashbox foundation has amazing staying power but the True Match Lumi has the finish that I like but on its own, it really is no good and I can't be spending $70 between 2 different foundations that I will go through as fast as if I was only using one. I don't really recommend this to anyone unfortunately since I am part of the demographic that this foundation is aimed towards and I really don't like it. Would not recommend nor repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I wasn't too crazy about this foundation. I'm an NC25 usually W4 in the regular True Match line but I grabbed this in W3. First off, it oxidized like crazy. I looked very orange within a few hours. The longevity sucks. I wear glasses and by a couple hours, I can see the foundation slipping and sliding with and I have normal skin. And lastly, this foundation doesn't give me a healthy luminous glow, it just looks greasy and patchy. Well here I have nearly a full bottle of this so I just mix it with other foundations which is a little better. Long story short, save your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the finish on this foundation but I am disappointed by the color range. Despite the "True Match" label, this foundation doesn't have nearly as good of a range as the original True Match foundation. It's not just that they doubled up on the lighter shades (e.g. rather than N1, N2, W1 or W2 you just have N1-2 and W1-2), but the only really fair shade in the line is W1-2. Cool shades don't even start until C3, and N1-2 is noticeably darker than W1-2. It actually even looks (at least in the bottle) darker than N2 in the original True Match! I'm somewhere between a C1 and a N1 in True Match, but had to pick up W1 in True Match Lumi because N1-2 looked too dark for me. W1-2 is pretty close to my skin's shade but is definitely off in terms of undertone. It's not so obviously yellow/orange that I look jaundiced, but the undertone is off enough that it just doesn't look right on my skin if I apply it more than just sparingly. If I use more than a single small pump, it starts to look mask-like because the color doesn't completely harmonize with my complexion. I think to get this foundation to work for me as a full foundation I'd have to buy N1-2 to mix with W1-2, and that really irritates me. At $12-13 this foundation is not cheap for a budget brand! If W1-2 looks off on me when I only have subtle pink undertones, I can't imagine how it would look on someone with a cooler undertone! I don't understand why if you're going to only have 1 color suitable for pale skin tones you'd make it in warm. Neutral would have made it more accessible to a wider variety of undertones. Ugh!

Color aside, I'm a fan of the texture and finish of this foundation. Based on the reviews here, I was expecting it to look really dewy but it's not. It's not matte, but it's not super moist looking either. At least when it's applied with a brush (I use RT's Expert Face Brush). It might look more dewy if applied with a sponge or your fingers, but I'd call the finish I'm getting satin rather than dewy because it's just not shiny at all. I love how luminous this makes my skin look without the aid of extra moisture or any shimmer. The effect is lit up yet natural looking. I do add powder to the center line of my face (nose, chin, and center of my forehead) because I have combo/oily skin and while this foundation never makes me look greasy, I prefer those areas to be more matte than the rest of my face. I don't find it makes my skin much oilier over time than a matte foundation would. I may have to blot with a tissue every 3 hours instead of every 4-5, but that's not a big deal to me. It's never so bad that I feel the need to re-powder my t-zone more than once a day, if I ever even do it at all.

The coverage of this foundation is light to medium and buildable. My skin is in pretty good shape so I don't find that I need to use concealer with this unless I have a big blemish. It covers up the slight redness I get in the crease above my chin and around my nostrils well enough on its own. If you have serious pigmentation issues, a lot of redness, and/or scarring this probably won't offer enough coverage for you. It seems like it's designed to allow your skin to shine through (which I like), so while its coverage is buildable it doesn't seem like it would be suitable for anyone seeking full coverage.

The texture of this foundation is thin without being runny and feels incredibly lightweight on the skin. I don't have any problems with it wearing off on me over the course of the day, but to be honest I apply my foundation lightly so I may not notice it wearing off as much as someone who has more to cover up. I wouldn't call it hydrating, but it's definitely not drying. The product moves easily across the skin and blends fairly well.

My only quibble with the formula is that it can sink into my larger pores if I'm not wearing a primer. It can also highlight the dry skin around the corners of my nose if I'm not diligent about exfoliating that area, but I haven't found a single foundation that doesn't do that to me. Both of those complaints are minor though and barely factor in for my rating for this foundation. The only reason True Match Lumi isn't getting a 5 from me is due to the color range not living up to its True Match promise!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am normally not a liquid foundation person at all. I have dry, sensitive acne prone skin and since its sensitive I have to be very careful what I use. It usually a tinted moisturizer or bb cream with a little powder or mineral powder foundation. (see my review for Borne 07) But in winter my skin is easily dried out and I need something moist. I love this foundation. I got it in Porcelain/Light Ivory W1-2 which is only 1-2 shades darker than the lightest they have. It works wonderful for my fair skin tone. It doesn't cover my freckles but it covers everything else. Acne spots, scars, hyperpigmentation etc is blended seamlessly with a nice dewy look. I would recommend this to sensitive skin gals and use a sponge to apply it looks more natural. I reach for this over Revlon Colorstay everytime. Most of the time I don't even need a concealer for my undereye circles. Instantly brightens a dull complexion. I found out I have slight warm undertones before purchasing which helped me find my shade. I was a bit hesitant b/c I know next to nothing about undertones and usually I have a hard time picking out what will actually work well. However, I figured if I purchased at Rite Aid they have a great return policy and I could swap out but it turned out perfect. Since my fave mineral makeup doesn't work as well in winter its nice to have a little more coverage than a bb cream for the colder months. Also, I have to use heavy moisturizers this time of year and my favorite is raw shea butter as long as I rub it in well there is no makeup slide off half way thru the day. I have not broken out and admittedly I have fallen asleep with it on and even though my eye makup was messed up the next morning my face was really nice looking. I will repurchase and if your still hesitant find a local drugstore that has a great cosmetic return policy. Usually with receipt its no questions asked. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lexylynn

This is my holy grail drugstore foundation. A bit of background, I have dry/combo skin in the summer and really dry skin in the winter. As you can imagine, I'm really drawn to foundations that are meant to be "dewy" and "luminous". I was a bit hesitant to try this product because, although my skin is dry, I do tend to break out easily with foundations/bb creams/etc and this product has so-so reviews, but I bit the bullet and finally purchased it and am so happy i did.

Packaging- Probably one of the best parts about this foundation. Comes in a nice glass bottle with a pump that's very easy to control. Luxurious looking and hygienic.

Price- A bit pricey for the drugstore, but not terrible. I expect this from L'oreal, them being on the higher end price-wise in the drugstore.

Finish- Dewy and fresh looking. Bear in mind though that I have dry skin so what looks dewy and fresh on me might be oil slick to those with already oily skin. I also set this foundation with a little bit of powder and it still manages to stay dewy so, if you have oily skin, I may skip this one.

Coverage- Light to medium at best. It's a thin consistency, very liquidy. It takes me about 2 pumps to cover my whole face, but I don't have a lot to cover. My biggest issues are dry patches of skin and this didn't cling to those at all for me. This evens everything out on my skin but if you like full coverage, then I would also skip this one. I would say this is a good foundation for people with pretty good/average skin.

Overall- I love this foundation and it really works for MY skin. I don't think it is a universal foundation that everyone will use or that everyone will love. If you have the skin for it, I think it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this since alot of people where talking about it on Youtube. So i bought it, to try it out. First i like that it not a really heavy foundation and it looks flawless on my skin. The only thing i didnt like that it fell off by the end of the day. I do like the product but didnt like that it didnt last on my skin. I gave a 3 for not lasting long.

#$#$#$#Update#$#$#$#
Loving this Foundation I wasnit liking it at first. I guess the way i was applying w/ a flattop brush from Coastal Scent. I changed it a tear drop form foundation sponge. I love how it leave my foundation very flawless and dewy. I apply this with my Rimmel Stay Matte Pimer and Iam loving it !!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by MizzTwisty

I bought this product looking for med-full coverage or one that I could build on and something that matched my skin. it cost me $33.95 at Priceline in Australia. I was using Colourstay oily and combination skin, but it never stayed on and turned transparent by the end . of the day. I work in air conditioning so I dont believe this should of happened. True Match Lumi is pretty up there in my foundation list! I usually want something that is matte as my skin can get oily and dry throughout the day. So the fact that I've found something that has a beautiful not so intense dewy effect and that stays on all day - is amazing! Its in a pump, its buildable, its smooth, light, natural and just feels fantastic! words cannot describe how happy I am to be able to find a foundation this awesome in drug store! I recommend this to everyone and will buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by beatlesmusikerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Some foundations just agree with certain people's skin. This was absolutely not the case with this foundation. I didn't even know I had dry patches until this foundation "illuminated" them for me! (Thanks, but no thanks.) It's probably my mistake, thinking a luminous foundation would soft focus my sensitive, irritated skin. The texture, finish, and overall effect is all wrong for my skin. The color however is perfect. I wish more drugstore brands had as many options for pale skin as L'Oreal. This would be good for people with no rough spots on their faces who want that glowy finish. Anyone with sensitive or rough skin, stay away! I feel like I should have known better. I returned this and got my old standby (Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse). This gets two stars for the excellent colors.

Pros:
-Shade selection. Although I believe I am neutral, the Warm 1-2 Porcelain/Light Ivory seems to be a near perfect match.
-Packaging. Lovely to look at and functional pump makes getting just the right amount easy.
-The luminosity makes my eye area look bright and awake, and doesn't look horrible on the non-irritated parts of my face.

Cons:
-Consistency is runny, as could be expected with Loreal boasting it's 40% water content. It's supposed to be hydrating, but it didn't soak into my skin. It just sat on top and slightly irritated my skin.
-Luminous. Not sparkly or even shimmery, the glowy finish looks okay on the few normal parts of my face, but emphasizes the dry patches on my cheeks and my acne scars.
-Coverage. Having to do with the runny-ness, it just doesn't do the trick for me. It also sits weird on my skin. I have tried tinkering around with the application, but it always ends up emphasizing my bad areas instead of disguising them.
-Longevity. This foundation gets patchy after a few hours of wearing it. It doesn't start out looking very good on my skin, so it has nowhere to go but down. It settles poorly, making small pore holes and lines under my eyes. Also for some reason, a good chunk of the product ends up caked around my nose when I only put a normal amount there earlier.