L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 4/16/2015 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff! one of the best drugstore foundations I own, even use it on my brides! Leaves a nice "glow" and seriously a little goes a long way. I have to mix W5 and W3 and only need half a pump of each. Make sure to blot though

on 4/15/2015 3:58:00 PM

I really ADORE this foundation!!! I live in the Rocky Mountains, the air is harsh & very dry, so I'm constantly battling dry skin. I bought this in shade Neutral 1-2 at Ulta recently & it's a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't notice any dry flakes on my face after using True Match Lumi, unlike other foundations I've tried. It really does give skin a luminous, healthy glow! The coverage is medium; between one and one and a half pumps of product is all I need. I like that no matter what you apply this foundation with, the result looks blended, airbrushed, and healthy! For around $13 I'd say this is a steal of a deal & recommend this foundation to anyone with normal to dry skin. It's FAB 👌🏼

on 4/14/2015 4:07:00 PM

I tried this foundation because I wanted a more luminous finish and it does just that. The color selection isn't great, it's not like the regular true match. I don't know why they combined n1 and n2, it's too light for my skin but the next shade (n3) is too dark. It's also rather cool toned, the color just looks a bit off on my skin. It doesn't last very long on its own but I've tried it with a primer as well and it helped it last longer. I would like it much better if there was a color that matched my skin.

on 4/10/2015 7:53:00 PM

I rarely wear makeup other than filling in my eyebrows and light mascara, but this past week I went to New York City and decided I wanted to look a little more put together. I've had this foundation sitting in my makeup drawer for a couple of months, never really cared for it. Boy was I missing out!

I have dry skin skin but no bumps (thank you accutane!) and wow did it look amazing! I am using W1-2 (I think, the bottle doesn't actually say what shade?!?) and it is the best matching foundation I have ever had.

During the day I put a very light layer of moisturizer and let it soak while I chose my outfit and did my hair, brush teeth, etc, so around 15 mins. Shook my foundation and used 1 pump. I like to dot my foundation all over my face then blend with a Beauty Blender. It's close to medium coverage on my skin as I am acne free and have minimal redness, and very lightweight which I like. I used Garnier's roller concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and on the two more redder spots on my cheeks that don't get completely covered. It lasted me for a long 10 hours everyday even through sweat and that's all thanks to ELF HD Powder. No fading whatsoever and looked amazing in photographs.

TLDR;

Perfect colour match, easily blendable, lightweight and comfortable on my skin even after 10 hours with no touch ups. Looked great in flash photography. The key here is to use a good setting powder and I seriously recommend ELF HD Powder.

(Two seperate days, just the same jean jacket) photos of how it looked!

I just purchased this foundation this week, as I ran out of my regular True Match. I saw this and decided to try it. I have tried soooo many foundations over the years, and the True Match is the one that just matches my skin tone perfectly and I love the coverage. I've been using True Match for years. The only thing is - I don't find a difference between the Lumi and the regular True Match other than a high SPF and higher price tag.

What I love about True Match regular AND Lumi:

- It doesn't cake. The only time it has ever caked on me was when I used a primer underneath and over-built. Yes, ladies - if you are trying to get full coverage by building this up, it WILL cake. I believe this is true with ANY foundation. Also - often times if you use powder to set, this will also settle into fine lines - the POWDER does this, NOT the foundation.

-perfect skin match, perfect tone for me. W5, and W6 in summer. I did buy Colorstay mouse not long ago, and although its a good foundation, the colors were just 'off' - very pink or orangey. True Match doesn't do that, and it doesn't oxidize on me.

-goes on very nice, blends so nicely into my skin, and the coverage is very nice for me. Its not full coverage, but not light either. It looks very natural. I have always found the best way to apply any foundation is with my fingers

- lasts throughout my entire work day, and beyond. I do pat with a tissue at some point later in the day, but often times I spend the day at work, and my boyfriend and I go out to dinner - and my makeup still looks good. the only touch up I really need is *maybe* my eyeshadow or liner.

- Of course I'm a fan of SPF. Always.

What I don't necessarily dislike, but can do without:

- unlike most, I am NOT a fan of pumps. I'm just not. Anything that comes in a pump is always going to be thinner, more watery to it can get up through the pump- so I make sure I shake this up, as its thinner, it may seperate, so shake it up a bit. Also: there is nothing unhygienic about putting your fingers in a bottle or jar of foundation, unless you've been slaughtering pigs or something. I always apply with clean hands, so people are just being ridiculous with this unhygienic mumbo-jumbo. Are your hands clean? I mean, what are you doing with your hands before putting make up on, for goodness sake.

I've tried loads of tools - foundation brushes of all sorts, the beauty blender, etc. A waste, I say. Applying with fingers works best. And I believe a lot of you - especially the younger ladies - are just using way too much product on your faces, and this is why you may be having problems. I read some of the make up routines on here, and I'm kind of stunned. The only prep I do is wash with my coco-castille soap, use a good moisturizer, and then apply my foundation. No primer , no setting spray, def. no powder. I think TOO much is doing a disservice to your face. All that gunk is just not healthy for the skin and is doing more damage, especially anything with fragrance.

Believe me, less is more.

EDIT TO ADD: I see many complaints about various foundations transferring. A simple make up trick I learned from the make up king himself, Wayne Goss: applying face powder - dusting it all over the face with a powder brush, BEFORE applying foundation will make that foundation STAY ON. I tried it once and it actually worked. Just don't over do it with the powder. I will probably use this make up trick in the summer time.

I've been searching for a drugstore foundation for everyday use. I've tried 3 Covergirl foundations, an elf, another from loreal, 2 from maybelline, 2 from Rimmel, and one from revlon and nothing compares to this one! This and neutrogena healthy skin are my all time favorites from the drugstore. It blends like a dream, lasts all day and gives medium to buildup coverage that evens skin tone, and the finish isn't too dewy, it's the right amount of glow. It conceals minor imperfections and makes heavy imperfections less noticeable. I love the pump, I tend to use 2 pumps a day because I have lots of redness and some acne on my cheeks, but if u just have minor discoloration and redness a pump should work fine. This is my favorite foundation along with my urban decay naked skin and Mac prolong wear.

on 4/6/2015 8:57:00 PM

This is the worst foundation I've used in a long time. The only positive is that it contains an spf of 20. The color (lightest shade available~ soft ivory/classic ivory in neutral) is orange. I am pale as pale can be with red acne scars. Generally, I like a full coverage foundation that can be built up on the more aggressive scars; however, this foundation completely cakes on all over without actually covering anything. THEN don't you dare touch your face because it will rub off and onto everything else you touch. And peel off in places. Very disappointed l'oreal. And now sure what the whole "lumi" deal is exactly. Will not purchase/recommend/give to my worst enemy.

on 4/3/2015 8:33:00 PM

Average, nothing special.
I do like the Lumi Primer - but I use this under my eyes with Revlon Colourstay Foundation, which is a way nicer foundation.

- Poor staying power - my shifts are 8 hours, and by the end I look patchy as most of the foundation has worn off (even with using a setting powder)
- I have normal/dry skin - and my skin felt ++dry after a few hours of wearing
- doesn't make the skin specially look luminous - I think the lumi primer does a better job of this.

My advice if you're after luminous skin. Buy the lumi primer and use your regular foundation.

(Me: age 25, light/medium skin, normal/dry)

on 3/31/2015 11:19:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. I usually use Lancôme Teinte Idole Ultra 24H for $45.50 for 1oz, which I love also but I can't quite find my colour match. I have pink undertones in my face and yellow undertones on my neck so it's so hard to find the perfect match! Even makeup consultants have a hard time and also the colour iq test that they have at sephora. I'm a N 1-2 in this L'Oreal foundation and I can honestly say it matches perfectly! It doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. I will say that I find it somewhat oily but I just use L'Oreal true match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup in Neutral and it sets it right in. For $20.49 and it goes on sale all the time, it sure beats buying a $45 bottle! And there's spf which is a big bonus!

on 3/29/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the lightest neutral shade and it's still too dark. I like the consistency and coverage but the color is unfortunately wrong.