Alterna Alterna Age Free Caviar Shampoo

3.6

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Alcohol, Glycereth-26, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Fennel Seed Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Algae Extract, Caviar Extract, Linseed Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Lactoferrin, Carrot Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Corn Oligosaccharides, Copper Lysl Oxidase, Acetyl Methionine, Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Phytosphingosine, Mushroom Tyrosinase, Lentinus Edodes Tyrosinase, Soybean Seed Peroxidase, Peptone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soybean Symbiosome Lysate, Pikea Robusta Extract, Adenosine Triphosphate, Niacinamide Polypeptide, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Pantothenic Acid Polypeptide, Papain, Bromelain, Melanin, Melanin Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propoyl Silanetriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-7 Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth 9, Trideceth-12, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Glycerin, Propylene Gycol, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Linalool, Limonene

This is my all-time favorite shampoo. I have highlighted hair, and this shampoo keeps it soft and healthy. My hair also seems to style better after I've used this shampoo. The scent is average, but I'm not into scented shampoos. I detect no fishy smell whatsoever. It's a great shampoo and definitely worth the price.

on 3/29/2006 12:25:00 AM

This is the first shampoo in ages that I have repurchased! The selling point for this second one was really brought on by their "New and Improved" labeling. I checked and for me this is better but the detergent , sodium lauryl sulfate was replaced by other milder detergents so now it boasts a "no sulfates" formulation which is a must have for anything coming into contact with my hair or skin. Also, it has a pump which is great because anyone who knows this bottle is that its tall and skinny, so that is a big plus too , not to mention that I like the smell and it does the job. It is moisturing because sometimes I don't even have to use a conditioner. Overall a good product, also ALL thier shampoo are now reformulated and Sulfate-free, yeayy ;)

on 2/27/2006 11:54:00 PM

It smells ok and works ok.

The pump on this product, however, is so irritating that until I poured the stuff into a regular bottle I hated the shampoo. You need a shower shelf AND two hands to use the stuff, since you can't pump without leverage. Don't these people ever TRY their own products before trying to get us to pay insanely high prices to buy their inconvenient packaging?

That said, it's not a bad shampoo. For the price, however, it is not a good enough shampoo.

Fekkai, Nexxus, and a few others still make a better product IMO...

on 2/26/2006 8:23:00 PM

The scent of the shampoo is pretty mild and certainly not fishy. It lathers up well and seems to be gentle. True, the packaging is poor and it's impossible to get the shampoo without unscrewing the cap. But I've noticed is that it makes my hair especially fluffy and full-bodied, if you like that kind of thing.

on 2/26/2006 1:57:00 PM

Hands down my HG shampoo! My hair has never looked better.
Love, love, love it!

on 2/24/2006 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this. My husband used it first (he uses whatever shampoo is in the shower) and re-washed his hair to get the "fish stink" out. So later that night I used it and did NOT notice any fishy smell at all, just a weird fruity smell. This left my hair feeling stripped and really limp, and when I started blw-drying my hair I started to notice the fishy smell come out, it smelled like a can of tuna! Overall, this made my hair look and feel unhealthy and made my hair smell bad. Also the bottle is so hard to squeeze!

I found this on a 75% off sale at my local salon. It was a combo pack of a litre of shampoo and a litre of conditioner. I only paid $17.34 for both. I think they were normally over $50.00 EACH. So anyhoo, I used it on my hair and my hair was easier to comb through and felt softer. However, having said that I do not think it is the "end all, be all" of hair products. I really think it is just average and I would never have paid full price for the stuff. I will use it all up and keep updating my reviews. One more comment, I saw other reviews that mentioned something about a "fishy smell". I do not know what the heck they were thinking, but it does not smell like "caviar" or "fish" in any way, shape, or form.

on 12/14/2005 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Caviar Shampoo. Best shampoo I have ever used. I love the smell, it's very different, but I love it. I like how it suds up and how it rinses out. But mostly: I love how it leaves my hair. And my hairstylist raves about it too, he thinks it's the best thing in a long time. NOTE: Get the new pump style bottle. The old bottle, that you poured, was a nightmare.

on 11/4/2005 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although it is terribly expensive it is hands down the best shampoo I have ever used. I highlight my hair every 6 weeks and have fine hair. This product makes it look fabulous and gives it great volume. I have had tons of compliments since I started using it 6 months ago. It is an indulgence that I will continue to use!!

on 8/26/2005 12:12:00 AM

Noticed some references to a fishy odor. The caviar extract can actually account for some of that and the high level of added Omega-3 fatty acids also could account for it. When these oils/extracts are heated (as they become in the shower or on your wet head when you lather), sensitive noses might detect a trace of the fishy odor although it's more than likely never noticeable to anyone else especially in the finished product. In addition, as these components age, they can also aquire an off smell...I tried this line by using travel sized products first. I liked them enough to purchase full-sized products and now fill the smaller bottles from the larger ones as needed. I keep all my cosmetics in a cool, dry place (one of the linen closets) and find they all perform much better. I even keep some of my facial products in the fridge. In any case, I do like this line a great deal. I use it daily when I'm in a dry climate and every other day when I'm back on the East coast where it's more humid. I use Phillip B's Avocado and Peppermint Clarifying/Volumizing shampoo in between and, of course, like any good product junkie am always trying new things as well. I personally like the scent very much, I can detect a bit of the fishiness in the shower, but my hair always smells fantastic once it's dry and styled.

Top Rated Alterna Products