Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 5/11/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty good medium coverage foundation.

Application: You've gotta put in the legwork here. For my dry skin, I need heavy moisturizer plus primer to make this work. I like applying with either my beautyblender or fingers - for some reason, my Real Techniques foundation brush doesn't get along so well with this foundation. Do not attempt to put this on without at least a good moisturizer first unless you want to look like you're wearing a Halloween mask.

Coverage: Medium, buildable, not terribly matte (thankfully). WILL cling to dry spots mercilessly, so make sure you are exfoliated and moisturized!

Wear: Very long lasting. Has not broken me out in the few times I've passed out on my couch out of exhaustion before washing my face. No oxidizing as far as I can tell.

Packaging: DUMB. The glass jar is unnecessarily heavy. due to Revlon trying to package this as a high-end luxe product. Unsanitary. Terrible for traveling. Stop putting stuff in glass jars, Revlon!

For the formula alone, I'd probably buy again. I may consider transferring to an old MAC pump bottle, however.

on 5/9/2015 9:46:00 AM

I usually use high end foundations only. I'm not necessarily a makeup snob, but I've been burned by drugstore foundations too many times. The coverage is horrible, or it rubs off throughout the day, or it breaks my face out or feels cakey....

However, I had heard amazing things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try. I will say this, it is definitely the best drugstore foundation I've tried BY FAR. The coverage is absolutely fantastic, it lasts until I take it off, and it makes my face appear flawless without feeling too heavy or cakey. When I first bought this, I thought I had finally found true love.

But unfortunately there's a little deal breaker here. After wearing this foundation for a week and putting my usual Pur Minerals to rest for a bit, this stuff broke me out. Horribly. I am now covered in acne and it breaks my heart. I know it's from this foundation because I haven't changed anything else about my makeup routine. And I haven't had a trace of acne in 4 years!

It's a shame, I had high hopes for this foundation, but unfortunately it was a huge disappointment. I will not be repurchasing. Unfortunately with foundation, you tend to get what you pay for.

Best foundation ever! I have oily combo skin and it does not make me look oily and it does last the whole day, it's a pleasure to apply and it leaves my skin with a beautiful dewy finish without looking oily a 10/10

on 5/8/2015 12:18:00 AM

Love the nude color, it's really great for my skin. The coverage is fuller but still looks natural to me. The downfall is even with double cleansing this gives me small pimples when I use it. So I only use it occasionally when I need more coverage.

on 4/28/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I trashed this lumpy piece after one use. I have extremely oily skin which often breaks out in chemical burns and cystic acne and I thought this would be OK because of the salicylic acid... but no. It oxidized within one hour between my eyes and broke me out terribly. I have tried a few revlon face products but this is the last. I will stick to their lip products.

I thought the creme foundation would be a good match for my skin, which has some dry patches on my cheeks and around my eyes, but it seems to cling to them and make them appear even more flaky and rough. This goes on fairly smooth everywhere else, however, and has a nice silky finish. I have this in ivory, it matches quite well with my fair skin. I apply with my fingers and it blends well. The glass jar is quite nice, and it is easy to get product out of the jar - unless you have longer nails.

on 4/21/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the 24 hour formula in Buff 150. Nope. Pretty much a repeat of my experience with the liquid 24 hour formula in Nude 200: caked, sat on top of my mature skin like a layer of lace, and showed every pore and fine line. Finish was too matte for me. On younger, firmer, oilier skin this might work extremely well. Too bad, I was really hoping I would like it as much as I did an earlier Colorstay formulation (from a couple of years ago).

on 4/21/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't go well with dry skin. Application is kind of a miserable affair.

on 4/21/2015 12:54:00 AM

This just did not work out for me. First of all, I picked out the shade "warm golden", which had a light, yellow-toned label on top of the lid that looked close to my skin tone. I opened it, and discovered instead, that the foundation was neutral to pink, and also darker than the label. I tried it anyways, thinking that the color might match better while it wears. It did not, the color was ashy, and made my complexion pink and very dull. Coverage was medium, and finish was semi-matte, with minimal shine, and almost 12hrs of oil control for my oiliest areas (combo-oily skin). However, this foundation has a base of dimethicone, which suffocates the skin and can cause irritation for sensitive skin, which explains why it broke me out on the cheeks within two days, where I almost never have acne. The texture reminds me of the NYX matte lip creams, which are easy to spread, and with almost too much slip, and take forever to set.

on 4/17/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really, really hate to be the one bursting the bubble for everyone reading the other glowing reviews for this product but I really just have not seen such a terrible product in the drugstore before, and I've used quite a few, so I just have to rant. I normally find something to love in everything, so I will say that I am happy that there are a considerable number of shades of this foundation, but it all ends there.
First of all, the packaging. I can go on and on about this one problem. First of all, for some reason I bought this before realizing that it wasn't even sealed and when I opened it, it was very obvious that someone had stuck their finger in it. I am something of a germaphobe but somehow I managed to ignore it and continued to use it and I'm still shocked at that. I couldn't return it anyway cause it had already been open. Anyway, I can't blame Revlon for that, that's just the Shoppers Drug Mart at Yorkdale in Toronto. Either way, the packaging is still horrible for the fact that you're continuously sticking your fingers in for months and months. Then there was the fact that the lid was defective. The inner part of it broke off gradually in the span of DAYS, so now the lid doesn't close on it, and every time I try to pick it up, I only end up grabbing the lid. It seems like a minor quibble but it isn't. And then there's the sheer size and weight of it. It looks nice (until your get foundation-finger prints all over it) but it's just too bulky and takes up too much space in my makeup storage. Not to mention the fact that the glass is so thick that it's hard to tell if the shade you've selected is OK for you. I ended up getting the wrong shade, and only later saw the really helpful review by a lovely MUA member (SunshineJoy) that'll help you find out your shade. The one I chose before seeing it was way too pink/beige for me and that somehow makes all the purplish scars on my yellow/golden-toned skin stand out even after covering them with concealer.
There is also the fact that this costs so much for less product than you normally get. I bought it for CAD23.00 + tax and it's only got about 0.8 fl oz, and the "standard" is about 1 fl oz. This is a drugstore foundation, so I would expect it to cost at least as much as L'Oreal's foundations.
The finish is awful, for me. the foundation itself is very thick and doesn't feel "whipped" at all, it feels like you've slapped clay on your face and it is festering. It does have decent coverage, but looks horribly cakey, and you'd think it keeps you matte, but it gets oily on me after about 3 hours.
To top it all off, this foundation sinks into and clogs all my pores. I wake up every morning after using this with a new bunch of pimples, and I'm usually extremely careful with taking off my makeup and using toner in the evening.
Oh, and by the way, Revlon tests on animals. I bought this before I started using cruelty-free makeup.
Like I said, I'm really sorry to sound so harsh but I hope this puts anyone reading this on their guard. I'm really not big on wasting makeup or money, so until I muster up the courage to throw this where it belongs, I will use it when I don't want to use my higher end foundations. If you want a good, cheaper foundation with a cream formula, I suggest Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Creme Foundation. For reference, I am NC30-35 and use the shade 330 Natural Beige, though I should be using 320 Warm Golden. I hope this works better for others than it did for me, or that I just got a dud or something.

Popular Crème Foundations