April 18, 2014 | 1691 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent foundation and Colorstay offers a wide range of shades, most are yellow-based (except Ivory - that one is pink)

My problem with this foundation is that it is really heavy. It settles into lines and creases pretty quickly, and I'm not old. I'm really young. But it makes smile lines. Gross. I'm not even slathering it on, either - I try to apply it lightly.

I think the packaging makes it very easy to reach in and apply with your fingers, but the glass case is super heavy and awkward to carry around.

But, in places where you don't smile, the staying power is pretty great, and you probably won't need concealer since the coverage is so thick.

If you have severe acne, this foundation will be great for a night out and will cover up all your imperfections. If you have mild acne or scarring, skip this, since it's not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Ainsleyvh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Thought this would be a good product since I had heard a ton of good things about it but nope it's just awful! It does feel really cool to touch but having to scoop it out is just gross and messy. Plus the packaging alone weighs about a hundred pounds and could definitely do some damage! Anyways I have mild acne and it kind of covers them but it also makes them look some really weird orangey purple color which is just disgusting and after about 2 hours it begins to cake up and look patchy and just gross. I was embarrassed to even show my face in public wearing this stuff! Just don't buy it unless you're gunna use it for self defense.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of desperation one day, when I didn't have my regular foundation on hand (Kryolan Ultra Cream) but needed to wear makeup. I'm N12 and purchased this in Ivory, and it looks so freaking ashy...I just can't! I also find it to be pretty much worthless as far as coverage is concerned, and it accentuates my pores. The packaging is a joke...so much bulky glass jar, for not so much product. I guess this product works quite well for some people, but for me, it's a total fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG let me just say this is the best foundation I have ever used! Regular Colorstay does not even compare...the formula is much more blendable! The consistency of the product is very creamy and easy to apply. I bought shade 320, warm golden & it is a PERFECT match with my skin! I apply this with a damp beauty blender & the finish i get is amazing! The coverage is amazing too. Any blemish gets completely covered without looking cakey. It's just like my own skin since it feels so light. This is now my HG foundation! I highly recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

My HG foundation. This stuff smooths on wonderfully and provides just the right amount of coverage. I love the whipped texture but the jar packaging isn't my favorite. The jar does last quite a while though I have had the same one for almost 2 months now. I have skin that gets oily as the day goes on and this stuff still looks good at the end of the day. Dries quickly after application and is by no means oily. I have not had any problems breaking out from it either which is a major plus. I will definitely re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by makeshiftrift

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the finish of this foundation. It is very clean and non cakey which is important to me. I started breaking out and then started using the glam glow mask, and acne issues are managed and I can continue using this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by SleepingGypsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation, especially for the price of a drug store product. Even though 13$ is a little much for a drug store product, I really think it is worth it because the formula, coverage, ect is very comparable if not better than most high end products. Most people complain of the packaging but I think it looks pretty elegant. You need very little of the product for a natural coverage, like you aren't wearing makeup, comes out flawless! But of course it is very buildable for full coverage on a night out. I pair this with the revlon photo finish perfecting primer and a matte powder on top to set it, and it lasts all day and looks beautiful. I wish I could rave more about it! It's deff a must have, or at least you have to give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous foundation. It has a beautiful medium coverage with a satin finish. This foundation works really well with my oily skin when I wear it with the Revlon PhotoReady Primer. This stuff stays on all day and it doesn't budge. Your makeup will look just as good at the end of the day, as it did when you first put it on (if not better). The only down side is that the shades are very pink based and not enough yellow or beige. I try to make it work because I love this foundation so much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hated this foundation so much I actually returned it. I'm not Ms. Moneybags, but I've been known to simply chuck drugstore items - especially when it's a bit of a drive to the store where I purchased such items.

This foundation, with its horrible smell, greasy texture, and barely there coverage, was worth the time, energy, and gas it took to drive back to Ulta. What a disappointment. I'd heard so many great things about this stuff that I was sure it was going to change my life . . . or at least the look of my skin. Well, it DID change the look of my skin, but not the ways I'd hoped: my pores appeared larger, my fine lines more evident, and my overall face shined in a way that was highly unattractive and unappealing. I think I would've gone to Ulta on foot, if necessary - that's how badly I wanted to return this product - it was a prime example of why I don't venture outside of my foundation comfort zone. Gah - never again. Back to powder foundation for me, thank you very much.

Another gripe, which has already been mentioned: what were they thinking with that clunky glass jar? I guess they were striving for a high-end appeal. Had said clunky glass jar not been filled with off-putting, chemical-smelling cr*p, maybe they could've pulled it off. But still - can you imagine the mess of dropping this on a tile floor, or the pain of having it crash down on your foot? Revlon needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. Thumbs down, boo, hiss . . . . have I made my point?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by HotHamWater1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first review that I've ever written because I felt compelled to write about my disappointment in this product. For starters, I was pleasantly surprised by how the product goes on smoothly, but that was to be expected seeing how it is "whipped". From the other reviews, I was expecting this amazing full coverage product. In my experience, that is not the case. I used to LOVE Revlon Colorstay before they reformulated last year, so I was hoping for something similar. This foundation felt very heavy, and provided medium coverage. I noticed that it settled into fine lines and old acne scars. The thing that bothered me the most was the color of the foundation. I picked up Sand Beige, and it was so GRAY looking. I was running late so I had no choice but to go with it. After a hour, I looked in the mirror again and couldnt believe how horrible this foundation looked. It's also very difficult to choose a shade when the packaging has an unnecessary amount of glass. That's another thing I couldnt stand about this product. It is ridiculously bulky and heavy. It didn't fit in my makeup bag, and I couldn't believe how much extra glass there was for not even an ounce of product. Like many other women, I have tried several different foundations. While each had their own strengths and weaknesses, I've never been so disappointed in a product that I felt the need to write a review.