October 23, 2014 | 906 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by desiw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Being in the beauty industry I love finding Drugstore brand makeup thats comparable to the prestige brands as not all of my clients can always afford the high end stuff. I myself struggle with finding foundations which meet my expectations as I'm blessed with the skin type "combo/ T-zone oily" uugh in addition to fine lines on the forehead. So I want the coverage without the weight, no settling in the lines and something that stays put for more than 3 hours! Not to much to ask I think.. So based on rave reviews and really liking Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation, This too needed to be tried-n-tested.
The color selections were limited so I picked up the #250, did a swatch test, it disappeared as it should..Sold! I used it this morning following my daily routine of = Cleans, tone, oil-free moisturizer, primer, then foundation Note: I do NOT set my liquid foundation with powder as this creates the cake-effect (on me) I prefer to set with setting spray. The whip went on smoothly (used fingers then blended with stippling brush) it blended very easily and oxidized into a very nice airbrush/matte finish. as it did, I noticed It also lighten up a bit, too much for my liking. So I set out to exchanged this 250 wanting a 300 or 310. Walgreens, CVS, nor Walmart had either of these! my next option was a 320. NOT happenin. It's now 6.5 hours later from time of application and it feels greasy. It doesn't look greasy but still Not the result I get from the liquid version.
In conclusion and in my humble opinion, if you live in a humid state, have combo skin this may not be your best fit. However, what this comes down to is that each of us have our own expectations and idea of our perfect foundation. These products produce different results for each person, so give it try and in worst case if you don't love it simply return it.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by MTMB7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation since it came out. If you have oily skin and deal with foundation oxidizing all the time, I highly recommend this! This stays put no matter what! It's definitely a long wear foundation. It's also a heavier coverage so it covers blemishes better than anything I've tried, yet it doesn't FEEL heavy. It's a light, almost mousse like creme and blends in easily. My advice is to use a a light hand. You don't need much of this foundation. I apply is with an Eco Tools Stippling brush and an Elf small stippling brush to get around the eyes and nose, and this is my favorite way of applying this foundation. So, after using this consistently since it came out, I decided to try Bare Minerals for a while because I've always been curious about it. I completely stopped using this all together for a few months and truly forgot how much I loved it. The Bare Minerals felt thick on my skin, did NOT cover blemishes well and had little to no staying power, also showed every little dry spot and bump. When I went back to my Revlon Colorstay Whipped I was reminded of how much better it is. My skin looks airbrushed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this product. i've only used it with my real techniques expert face brush. and it works really great. the coverage is a little less than the liquid version of the revlon colorstay, but can still be built to a medium or full coverage.imo this lasts longer and the finish is more natural, a kind of "my skin but better". the original colorstay foundation is fabulous too however, the finish is a little too matte looking when intially applied. the whipped colorstay foundation looks more true to skin and the oil control is fabulous. when the original foundation breaks down at the end of a 12hr day i see shine peaking through but when the whipped foundation breaks down at the 12th hr i just look slightly luminous. the only thing i'm not entirely enamored with is the large bulky packaging this comes in (not good for traveling). and the only other gripe is that it does stick to my dry patches. but its not a breaking point for me. my color is buff and i'm a nc20-25. the color match for me is also pretty spot on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by erikareanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product looks lovely on the skin once it first goes on but it definitely doesn't last! After about 1 to 2 hours I looked like an oily mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I love this stuff! It gives me just the right amount of coverage and applies on the skin perfectly! It's such a nice product for a drugstore foundation! I love the jar it comes in. It looks nice and expensive! This foundation will last me for a long time because a little goes a long way! I will defiantly repurchase this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by makeuprubies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cream/Mousee foundations are my favourite to use as they're good coverage but not heavy. I bought this in buff, which is the lightest. The coverage is full and you don't need alot for your whole face. I'm not 100% on the packaging and don't like using a lot. Overall nice foundation :) little pricey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After watching many reviews of this foundation on youtube,i decided to give it a try.I purchased it in buff and another one in sand beige.I applied the foundation with my fingers and was amazed.It covered very well.It is a bit pricey for a drug store foundation.I highly recommend and would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by hdow2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup goes on really smooth. It is definitely not a whipped texture; more like a heavy cream. It definitely goes on thick and sets fast. I applied with clean fingers. I like this makeup for the first hour and then it goes downhill from there. I have very dry skin and this really brings out any dry spots and makes me look old and tired. It stays put all day but is almost impossible to wash off. It feels like you are literally wearing spackle on your face. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by krislovesmakeup

When I first tried this foundation, I didn't care for it. That was before applying it with my fingers! It's wonderful. It does a great job of covering up, and I find that once it sets it doesn't feel to thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by hovanyir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used high end foundations (Tarte, Lancome, etc ) but nothing comes close to this one. I have oily skin and this foundation stays put all day long. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when you use cream makeup. The best method to apply is with your fingers. I use a craft sick to get some out from the jar, put that on the back of my hand. (The craft sick gets a wipe off with alcohol after use.) The other thing you need to remember is that when you use this product it is from the COLOR STAY line. Which means you cannot remove it with your basic, gentle makeup remover. You need to double cleanse! Otherwise you'll end up having break outs. I'm using EVOO and then my regular facial cleanser. I hope this help at least some of you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No