December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Suzette90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the packaging but that aside it's a good foundation it's the one I'm using , I don't have pimples or bad scars this is thanks to rubbing a lemon on my face , you do need a setting powder for this foundation it really makes all the difference the price is okay I got mine for 8 bucks at walgreens on special . I really like how it goes on and isn't thick it's easy to put on j use my fingers , and it does not feel heavy I did notice when taken a picture with flash it has a white cast I hated that in normal light looks fine though

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I came on here, and I saw some really great reviews on the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. I watched a couple YouTube videos on how to apply it and I was soooo excited to try this makeup. It sounded perfect for my skin. Fragrance free, oil free, has a bit of salicylic acid in it, and it supposed to be good for oily/acne prone skin. For the record, my skin is very sensitive to EVERYTHING. I have to be super careful about my products because I will easily break out. I am also quite oily in my t-zone but I will occasionally get dry spots around my chin and jawline from my acne treatments. I also have very red acne and some scarring that needs covered, so I prefer a full coverage foundation, which this is supposed to be medium/full. Anyway, I ran right out and bought this (about 16 bucks at cvs) and couldn't wait to put it on in the morning. The packaging is a bit bulky and heavy, but honestly I didn't mind it too much. The consistency is not like a mousse or airy or anything, it has a different texture that I've never experienced before.. It's almost like a gel. A very creamy, thick, gel. It feels a bit heavy on your fingertips, but not once it's on your face. I did not use a primer, but I did moisturize very well, and I used a setting powder. At first application, it looked pretty good. I first used my (extremely clean) fingers, because all the recommendations were to do so, but I couldn't get it blended well enough, so I went over it with my Avon foundation brush but still had a bit of trouble, so finally finished up with a beauty blender, and then set it with some powder. It gave me the full coverage I was looking for, and I needed no concealer. It really looked pretty nice in my bathroom mirror when I was finished. I liked that it dried fairly quickly as well, so I could shave a few minutes off my routine. So I went to work, and performed the ultimate test, immediately checked it under the horrifying, harsh florescent lights there... And it really wasnt doing my skin any favors. It has a bit of a grey undertone, and clung to dry spots terribly. That being said, I was still pretty happy with the coverage. It's definitely medium to full. So after a full workday, I actually headed to Sephora with some friends to go makeup shopping (lol) and then came home around 7pm (I applied the makeup at 6 30 am). I checked it again and saw a bit of separation around my nose, and noticed some caking around my chin, but for the most part it has pretty decent staying power. I just HATE how it accentuates dry spots so much!! Oh, and one other plus, no new zits. Normally by the end of the day with other foundations, I've got at least one new pimple every day. I guess my final impression is, the grey cast and highlighting of dry spots is just not worth it for me. I know there's got to be something better out there! Overall, it's a decent foundation, not great by any means, but not disgustingly terrible either. I guess to each is own, but it really didn't work for me, and I was sooo disappointed because I wanted to love this makeup. But on the bright side, I found a foundation at Sephora that MIGHT be the one! We shall see :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by pepsirules

I have finally found my HG foundation! I wish I had tried this long ago. I have used the regular liquid ColourStay for years as it seemed to only be the one that I got full coverage and staying power with without spending a fortune on high end foundation. I have also tried other ones in between - Covergirl Outlast, Rimmel 25 hour, TruMatch, but still wasn't really that happy with the coverage or how my skin didn't have that flawless look ever with setting with HD powder. I am so happy with the Whipped Cream formula. I have always used my Real Techniques sponge to apply makeup but I find using my fingers is the best with the Whipped version. It leaves a dewy, slightly tacky finish but that goes away with setting with powder. I also don't have to use hardly any undereye concealer also. If you like the liquid, try the whipped! The packaging is the only downfall. They don't need the jar to be that big!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by gailygirl84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I still have mixed feelings for this product even if I'm already halfway through the jar. On one hand I absolutely LOVE how flawless it makes me look, it stays on for a long time and oil control is really good! And it somehow seemed like the more it stayed on my face, the better it looked (strange, I know) But then, it feels a bit heavy on my face, like it's just sitting there. I also had to experiment with a few different methods on how to apply this properly the first time. Eventually I found out using your fingers to apply it is the best way and to start with a little at a time until you get the desired coverage.

I was dismayed too at first coz I thought this product broke me out, but it turned out to be something else which was a relief because I would hate to throw this out after the first use since it was kind of expensive.

Also like everybody else, I hate the packaging! It's super bulky and unhygienic. I wish they could have included something like a spatula for it. I think I also got one with a bad packaging, after a few times of using the product, the black lid refused to close tightly on the jar anymore :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty pleased with this foundation! The coverage is beautiful - can be built to your desired look depending what tool you use to apply it, and the finish is a soft satiny matte (nothing too matte or dry desert looking) so don't be afraid! I have an oily tzone and this combats my disgusting greasiness for a good 5-6 hours (I find myself repowdering with every foundation I use so it's not a dealbreaker by any means). The color selection is quite sad, but I work fine with Warm Golden (I'm nc30-nc35 with a strong yellow undertone). The packaging is a clunky pot, so not my first choice, but nothing I can't get over. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This is my go to foundation. I love it. I do wish the shades were more natural but they are workable. This is the ONLY foundation I have so far that works with my oily skin.
I top it off with some HD powder, usually elf, and it lasts all day. I still need to touch up due to slight oil break through once or twice but that is good compared to everything else I have tried. I usually have to touch up many many times during the day. Probably every hour with anything else. My oily skin usually breaks down the makeup and makes it look horrible but not with this. Just a little shine I can manage with blotting papers or powder and I am good all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sieppert94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have some of THE driest skin on the face of the earth, I'm sure. I've tried probably 5 foundations within the past couple weeks and this was the only one that didn't make me look so cakey! The liquid Colorstay formula for dry skin would hold onto my dry patches and looked awful. After some research I found out that creme foundation are a little more hydrating. I love the feel of it as it makes my skin feel very soft!

Although this is my miracle in a jar, you will have to do a little prep work to get this product to work for you.
Words of warning:
- Exfoliating is important. Always apply this product with a freshly washed and exfoilated face.

- If you have dry skin, be sure to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I use The Body Shop's body butter in Shea or coconut. (This product is NOT a face cream. However, I have tested it on my face with no signs of a reaction. Everyone is different so please try with caution! I would not recommend for people with sensitive skin.)

- Primer will help to spread this product with ease and stop it from creasing! I used Baby Skin by Maybelline.

- I blend this with a blender sponge (Quo makes a good one for $5 at Shoppers). But use whatever works best for YOU. I can never seem to blend foundation with a brush!

I wouldn't recommend this foundation for people with oily skin as it a tad oily. This foundation can give a bit of a shine but you can always apply your favorite powder overtop! :)

If your tired of trying 20 foundations that aren't working for your super dry skin, this is your best bet! Love love LOVE this product!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PandaMoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in love with the original Colorstay foundation and after experimenting with other brands for a while I saw this and thought "wow, $13...it MUST be good!". Well, to my disappointment, it was not as "wow" as I was hoping. I tried it in summertime and my dark spot/dark circle/oily skin just did not agree with it. After applying, it took a while to set and felt heavy on my face that did not completely go away when it did set. It looked cakey around and under my eyes and when you looked close at my face, it was totally obvious I had make up on.

HOWEVER, there were two pluses that earned it a "three lipstick" rating! One, it looks amazing in photographs. Two, it lasts ALL day - even after sweat and oil blots.

Overall, in the words of Clueless, it's a "full on Monet. From far away it looks fine but up close it's a big ol' mess!".

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by siruhi

At first I have to say; with beautyblender(I use Real Techniques sponge though) I get very much better result and a different coverage.I applied this with L&Y large stippling brush and I was happy that it came with a good result; natural medium coverage,dewy finish and nice consistency of a product. But, when I second time applied it,did it with Real Techniques sponge and yes,it was a full coverage.Much like Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation,but more creamy and still more natural. At 7 hours it got a little bit shiny on the sides of my nose and forehead.I have acne-prone fair/ivory,caucasian skin and I bought this in 200 Sand Beige. It is same as ivory I think.On fall,winter and spring it is definitely correct color for my skin.But now that it's summer this can be a little bit on lighter side on my skin. I will still wear it as it is so good,I'm excited! I'm very happy that I bought this and will absolutely buy more when I run out =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage: medium but buildable Consistency: thick, spongey cream Colour: I'm a NC25 and I have it in sand beige. It's almost a perfect match, just slightly too light, but it's not very noticeable. I will probably have to go a darker shade in summer though. Wear: lasts around 6-8 hours with no oilies (I tend to get oil breakthrough with foundations even though my skins not oily.) starts to lose its perfect look around the 7 hour mark, but still looks alright. I use it with Too faced primed and poreless primer and Rimmel silky loose powder underneath. Application: only need a tiny bit, very spreadable and melts into skin, no need to wait for it to dry. I use my fingers, as it's a cream foundation, a brush would waste a lot of product. I've heard of people getting good results with a beauty blender though. Finish: not matte or Dewey but a very natural "your skin but better" finish. very natural and soft to the touch. Does stick to dry patches on skin though Packaging: screw top jar isn't the most convenient or hygienic, however it's a cream foundation, it wouldn't work in a pump bottle so I guess this is why they've gone with a jar. I use a little plastic spoon to get it out. Overall, one of the best foundations I've used, it gives an almost flawless coverage with a very natural skin finish. I've never used a foundation that kept my oilies at bay for so long. It is silicone based, so make sure to get a silicone based primer to go with it! Beware if you have dry skin, I first tried this without a primer and it dried my skin out horribly for the next few days... so a good primer is a must.