Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have not traditionally been that into foundation, I have decent skin, however my sun damage is becoming more noticeable so I do find myself wanting more of an even skin tone lately. This did not trigger my facial eczema so I'm very pleased about that, however it is very hard to color match my NC20/25 skin. I tried buff but it's a bit too light. I love that buff has no noticeable pink or yellow tones, so the undertone of buff is perfect, its just a bit too light. That being said, I mix it with darker foundations to get a good shade. Its a little cakey and very easy to overdo it. It does cling to dry patches and settles into fine lines, but if you use a small amount and a damp sponge, you can make it work. I hate the jar and feel like it will dry out at some point. I won't buy this again but I think I will use up the jar by mixing with another foundation that is too dark.

I use the shade Buff in this foundation. I have fairish skin with yellow/warm undertones. The craziest thing about this foundation is it wears better as the day goes on. It becomes one with my skin and really looks great at the end of the day. I apply this using a dampened real techniques makeup sponge. I've tried using various brushes and for me the sponge is the best application.

The consistency is great. It can cling to dry patches slightly but not as bad as Maybelline fit me matte and poreless foundation. It applies well and feels nice on the skin. I set it with loose translucent powder from Laura Mercier.

The coverage is medium to full. I have redness in my face and this does a great job of covering it without looking like I'm wearing a mask of foundation. With one layer of this you can see some slight redness but it looks natural on my skin. I don't like the look of totally covered, mask like skin for daily use at work.

The packaging is bulky and heavy. I would be very careful about traveling with this foundation which is too bad since I really love it.

Best drugstore foundation! I use my real techniques stippling brush and only use a small amount and it looks gorgeous. If you use a lot I could see it looking bad. It's not like a mouse it's just a whipped foundation. It has pretty good wear time and I've seen people say that they like it better as the day goes on and I can see that. Sometimes certain foundations will break up after some time because of your natural oils but this one doesn't. I don't use a setting powder and my skin looks fresh and dewy for several hours. I have repurchased this and will continue using it. It definitely beats a lot of high end foundations! Highly recommend!

Love this stuff. Love it way more than Colorstay regular which I thought was my HG, until I tried this formula. I am NC25-30 and I bought 320, warm golden. It looks very dark in the jar when you open it, but when you apply it, it's perfect. I am also Cover Girl Buff Beige if that helps you find your match. I used my RT stippling brush to buff it in and it's a perfect, glowing finish. Used Palladio rice powder in natural on top and it's just beautiful. It's kinda pricey but it's worth it.

Love this. Great coverage, inexpensive, and lasts forever. I alternate with Dr jart, MFE and this, and I find this lasts the longest and stays matte the best. Don't love the jar, but what's a girl to do?

It took me a couple of tries to get this one right. I had a terrible time finding my correct shade and bought and returned both Buff and Sand Beige. I gave it another try and bought Nude and it's a perfect match for my NW20 skin.
It feels somewhat like a gel and is quite buildable. I'll apply it lightly for errand running but will build it up a bit more for work or going out.
I have a very oily forehead and normal cheeks and have no problem with this one separating or settling into fine lines.
I have a few different foundations in my rotation and I've recently realized I get more "you look especially nice today" type compliments when I wear this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'll give it a 3 because it does look beautiful on my skin, but every single time I put it on I get painful cystic acne on my chin and forehead. It is now in the garbage. If you don't have sensitive skin, I'd check it out. Except the packaging sucks for this product too, not very hygienic. The revlon color stay liquid foundation made me break out as well so my skin just doesn't agree with this company.

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. It feels very heavy and greasy when you are applying it and it stays tacky for a long time. Yet, it has a matte finish. I have to use extra powder to set it. However, the coverage is great and the color I'm using matches me perfectly. I have started breaking out and the only thing that I have done differently is use this foundation. I wish it felt lighter, dryer, and didn't cause breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this foundation. Holy Grail.

This is the best drugstore foundations out there if not one of the best in general. I used this a couple years ago and stopped to try other things but now I am back using this again and I don't know why I strayed. It truly lasts all day and I love the coverage. It never looks heavy but is still matte and blurs imperfections. I use a beauty blender with this and it works great. I work long days and I find this stays on all day with a setting powder. The only thing is make sure you remove it thoroughly at night or it could cause breakouts if you don't.