September 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I bought this product because if all the hype but it failed on me. It's a very nude colour IMO. It cancelled out the natural colour on my lips and turned it brownish... not in a nice nude colour... but i have purply nude grey lips. and made me look kinda tired. I really liked the consistency and smoothness of this lip product though. I just need a different colour for my NC30 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my everyday lipstick and I love everything about it. Seriously, I panic whenever I'm out of it. First, it deposits good color without looking gaudy. This makes Honey a perfect natural looking lip color. Second, it has superb staying power. The whole Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain by Revlon is a godsend to people like me with deathly pale lips that cannot hold down color. It is easy to apply, does not feather and stays put even after a drink or at light meal. Third, it does not dry out your lips. Other long wearing lipsticks and balm stains make my lips chap and flake. This one doesn't. It feels light, yields a good sheen and keeps my lips moist and healthy looking. This shade might be too pale for most and it is very understated. But if you want your lips looking like its in the pink of health, grab this stick now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HONEY is a well-pigmented glossy, mauve-based nude shade; it is almost the same shade as my natural lip colour - just a teensy bit darker. It has proven to be a very wearable shade for me; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks. I think that it is a similar shade to one of my favourite lipsticks - NARS Catfight.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, since using Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain. And, true to it's name, not only is it a effective balm, but the colour actually does wear like a traditionally drying lip stain - it stays put for hours, through both eating and drinking.

I can't believe that it took me so long to try these stains; Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain is now in the top 3 for my favourite lip products. They remind me somewhat of Tarte's Lip Surgences, but these are better as they wear longer, don't melt in the tube and the caps don't crack, making a mess in my bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rikagoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have two of these stains in Honey and Crush. I bought honey after so many bloggers raved about it. I have to say, the color isn't universally flattering. if you are pale like me it will come off darker than the packaging suggests- a deep mauve color. even looking at the photo provided here makes the color seem like a light mauve, which it isnt, so be warned if you are fair. I expect this to be a perfect neutral for medium skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by CoconutOwl

It is a good lip-balm stain for sure. but it is not a dupe for Clinique's chubby stick.
The lip balm-stain ..doesn't feel too much a lip-balm.. it is very drying on the lip after couple hours of wearing it. AND AFTER you take it off, the color changes----d-r-a-m-a-t-i-c-a-l-l-y. It stained my lip into that kind of hot pink or like you've just had a red cup of Kool-Aid. aikes. it takes forever to take it off even with face/lip makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shade because it looks natural and wearable for everyday wear. It's not drying my lips (but I can't say it's hydrating either) so it's better if you applied lip balm first. It comes in a chubby crayon shaped, I find this easy to use. When I first applied it, it smelled like mint, I don't mind because the scent wear off quickly after a few minutes. The staying power is decent, but I don't mind reapplying it though. If you want to try one from the kissable balm stain line, I suggest you to pick this shade, because it's a wearable neutral shade and worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing so much about Honey I decided I needed it in my life. But it wasn't nearly as great as I thought it would be. First of all, I was surprised to find it had shimmer in it. Nothing about the packaging made me think it would be shimmery, I really thought it would have a creme finish. The color isn't bad, it's a pretty neutral shade, even though the color on the tube looks fairly cool toned to me. Upon initial application, it looks very pretty on me, a wearable nudeish pink, however, there isn't anything about this shade that remotely resembles honey. After about an hour it transforms into a bright pink on my lips and looks nothing like the color on the packaging. I don't like bright pinks, if I did, I would buy a bright pink in the first place. It also seeps into the fine lines on my lips and after a little while makes my lips look dry and flakey. This is the third balm stain I have purchased and I haven't loved any of them, so I won't be purchasing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

First off, I love these balm stains! They are SO much easier than lipstick. Great color payoff but without the dryness of a typical lip stain. Long lasting beautiful colors, no bleeding, no smudging, no color on your teeth. I throw some gloss over it if it starts to feel a little dry. As for "Honey" it is a great neutral. It's a muted pink which looks great for everyday wear. I do like this color, the only reason I would not buy it again is because there are other colors I like better and I keep choosing to wear every day rather than this one. Honey is great for a more modest, neutral look! I just prefer a brighter pop of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip stain ! I bought the color Gothic! I had a bit of chapping on my lower lip and it stung a little. Other than that its great! I recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by phoebexhung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstain is a gorgeous colour. Even though it is a very natural, neutral colour, that is basically my lip colour but slightly darker, it draws attention from the rest of the face.
When applied, you can smell this menthol scent that's like herbal medicine which I can put up with.
Because of the chubby crayon styled packaging, it's so easy to apply and doesn't need a mirror.
It's moisturising for up to 2 hours before my lips dry out but that's how my lips are normally. I put on the Burt's Bees lip balm with pomegranate oil before applying the lip balm stain and I apply the Burt's Bees balm throughout the day to keep my lips soft and moisturised.
This lasts for aaaaaaages without smudging or settling into lines or anything. It still looks perfect after 8 hours as if I had just put it on.
For me personally, 7.99 for about 3 cm of product isn't really worth it. However, for this, I make an exception because it is a colour I would use everyday - not just sitting there in my makeup bag without being used.
This is great if you want a balm-like lip product in a very natural looking colour (and if you can spend the money without cringing)