Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

on 10/16/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have tried several moroccan oils, including the pricey Moroccanoil Oil Hair Treatment. Garnier's is definitely the best out of all. My hair is thick, and dry (its also bleached). I use the oil when my hair is damp then I blow dry it. I will use a little bit afterwards on my ends. It's lightweight, I love the smell, and I purchased it for $4 at Target. It's one of my fave beauty products!

on 9/26/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Seriously, I never would have imagined that this stuff could be a HG product... But it is. See, I needed some kind of leave in conditioner, as I don't heat style my hair and I like it to at least somewhat look like I did. I was using Argan oil before, but I didn't want to pay $25 for a tiny bottle. This stuff... I put a few drops in the length of my hair when it's wet and let it air dry, and my hair is shiny, silky to the touch, and weightless. And for $10? YES.

on 9/21/2013 12:00:00 PM

Add me to the list of rave reviews for this. I was skeptical about it because I have tried many similar products that always made my hair feels greasy. This makes my ends look and feel great. I can also curl my hair with this in it and it still holds a curl.

on 9/11/2013 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this!! I am only adding to the already stellar ratings this is getting with a few tips. I have fine hair with texture (kind of weird- I know) that frizzes easily and is a wee bit dry. I was skeptical to use an oil on my hair for all the reasons people with fine hair give. Will it make my hair greasy? Will it weigh my hair down? Will it sap the little body I have at the root? Does it build up over time? I can say I have had NONE of those problems with this oil.

First off, the scent is "controversial"- you either love it or hate it. I find it non offensive and short lived. Secondly, the packaging. It can become a greasy mess if you're not careful. When I travel, I always keep this in a ziploc, just in case. I would also prefer this come in a pump, as opposed to a bottle, but it's not a deal breaker. I find the wetter my hair is when I apply, the better it works. Sort of the same idea with body oil. It works best on wet-ish hair because the residual moisture helps distribute the product. At first I would apply to towel dried hair and it worked well that way. I then tried it on right out of the shower hair that I wrung out (gently) and it worked even better. A little bit goes a long way so start with a little and build from there.

I find my hair in better condition with regular use and easier to manage. My hair is drying quicker and frizz is minimized. I bought a bottle three months ago (and I have long hair) and I have barely put a dent in it. I have brown hair so I do not notice any staining or tinting but if I don't wash up after applying, I can see evidence of it on my hands. This is a great drugstore find to solve most of my hair "issues" and I will continue to purchase.

on 9/5/2013 10:59:00 PM

I find this product a wee bit heavy for my fine thin hair.

Edit: I will no longer support this company as they test their products on animals. My feelings on the product itself haven't changed so if you aren't interested in cruelty free products please read on.

I was very impressed by this. I usually buy One N' Only argan oil from Sallys but I decided to try something different and I think i like this better. Its more lightweight than the One N' Only and it does a good job of adding shine and controlling frizz. I have fine hair so I don't like to use anything that will weight it down or cause buildup and this definitely doesn't. It has a light scent but its not noticable after you rub it in your hair. It was pretty inexpensive too, I think I paid around $4 for this. It will last a long time too since I only need about a nickel size amount for my long hair. The packaging is good too and it doesn't leak.

on 9/4/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I loveeeee this. Use it on my ends every morning and every night when I wrap my hair. It's not too heavy and a little goes a long way. My hair looks shiny and healthy! Never greasy! Amazing 💗

on 8/25/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have thick, coarse and frizzy hair that I had severely damaged last year due to bleaching. I haven't cut my hair in a while and don't plan on it for another 3 months so I am pretty much trying to revive my poor haystack-like strands. This is one of the best treatments that I had purchased so far that I fell in love with. I initially tried it on dry hair, works well to tame the frizz but I prefer using in conjunction with my conditioner. This leaves my hair super soft and silky and frizz free. I love how cheap it is and the fragrance is not over powering. Best used with Fructis products, will definitely repurchase.

on 8/24/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use a flat iron on my hair every single day but it has damaged my hair so I have occasionally straightened it and otherwise let it go natural due to the damage caused by the flat iron. After I showered, I applied a dime-sized drop and then a bit for my dry ends. The next morning, I woke up to shiny, soft, smooth and lightweight hair. This product didn't grease up my hair or weigh it down. I will definitely keep using this product!

on 8/22/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second moroccan argan product I have tried and I just love it! I used this in conjunction with Fructis Hydra Recharge shampoo and conditioner along with Sleek and Shine Deep Treatment. My hair has never felt this good in a long time after I have pretty much abused it with bleach. My hair is almost dead to the world but made such a difference after I applied it on my wet hair.

I let my hair air dry and I applied it again and my hair looks full and bouncy with a good amount of shine. I love the smell, and the packaging is okay too.
Will definitely re purchase.