September 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

Wow this works! I recently started coloring my hair about a year ago because I was starting to get a lot of gray hairs(and I'm still in my 20's, it's depressing I know). And I've noticed that my hair seems to be getting more frizzy and that was never the case before. I needed something that would keep my hair soft, not frizzy and gentle on my scalp. Usually hair products that are oil or contains oil tend to make my hair fall flat and greasy but this did not! Garnier Sleek and Shine made my hair soft, not frizzy and it did not weigh it down! I will definitely keep purchasing this.

About my Hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, thinned out by salon, all over layers, scalp can be easily irritated and oily after 1 day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on the positive reviews here. While it may be cheap, this is not a good serum for my fine, thin hair; a tiny drop made my hair flat and greasy. The only serum my hair can handle without going flat is Moroccanoil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Ehh..that pretty much sums it up. Decent serum for the price and amount received. I don't really care for the smell, a powdery type. Smooths hair but there are definitely better out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MacBarbie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from Walmart for a fair price after seeing it in so many fashion magazines, and thought I should give it a try. I had read many reviews on Argon oil and read about its benefits, so i thought, what's to lose? I have to say this product smells great, however it can get annoying after a while. I apply a dime size amount before I straighten my curly hair, and after a while, it feel it weighs my hair down and actually causes it to frizz. I however do like it in my natural hair, and a little does go a long way. It makes it soft and shiny, and the smell doesn't linger for too long. Overall, i wouldn't buy it again, but I don't regret the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Lexm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried L'oreal everstrong ovenight treatment, nutri-sleek, ojon oils, Klorane, josie maran, Moroccan argan oil and Garnier's is by far THE BEST for the price. I think I picked up a bottle for only $5, vs ojon($30) and josie maran($60) and it works WAY better for your hair too (Ojon oil is a much lighter oil and absorbs instantly, Josie Maran is more for your skin) btw I usually hate garnier products and was sceptical when first trying this

TIPS:
-This is a thick/heavy oil, a little goes a long way so use small amounts (dime sized or less) and build up to your preference, people with thin hair especially
-It goes on better on wet to damp hair

HOW I USE IT:
After washing my hair, I leave it in a towel for 10 minutes and while it's still damp I flip my head upside down & apply a dime sized amount of oil ear down. As it begins drying, depending on how my hair feels, I might add more. I also like tying it up into a bun right when it gets dry or a little before and sleep on it, when I wake up my hairs super soft smooth and manageable. Than, I'll use a thinner, lighter serum/oil/cream to smooth flyaways

CONCLUSION:
This stuff makes your hair soft, gives it so much moisture, detangles, smoothes down baby hairs, absorbs well and overall very manageable. This is the best drugstore hair oil, and cheapest too :) The smell is vanilla-y but it doesn't linger too long which is good. For reference; I have boob length, thick, dyed several times, hasn't been cut in 2 years, coarse asian hair and live in Canada's long winters

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by nimzy

I have fairly thick, curly hair and am of south asian descent. My curls are not like ringlets or anything, it's more of a loose curl and brushed out it just looks wavy. However, I have had problems with manageability given that my hair does get quite frizzy. This product when worked into my hair essentially calms it down. My hair feels very soft after using this, dry or wet, and it never looks greasy even when I use more than I think I need. If I use this and tie my hair up then my hair comes out looking smooth and shiny. I recommend this to anyone with my hair type. The smell is not at all obnoxious like other hair serums, in fact I think it's rather pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

This product actually really surprised me, garnier stuff doesnt ever seem to do much for me but this definitely does!
I use it every night after getting out of the shower and rub it through the ends of my hair. It makes my hair dry 1000x faster, and over time I have definitely noticed a difference in the softness of my hair. I still wouldn't consider my hair to be healthy but this has helped it out a lot. You should for sure give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BEWARE IF YOU HAVE BLOND HAIR!!!!
I have med blonde hair and this turned my hair yellow I fact this spilt on my bedding and permently staind it! I do admit it works make your hair feel nice so for people with darker hair it will be fine but for e ones with light hair stay away!

Pros:
-makes hair soft and manageable
-cheap

Cons:
-changes hair color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have lots & lots of fine shoulder-length hair. I have natural volume, natural waves, and I don't dye or highlight my hair, so that's natural also. It's a head of hair that many women would pine for. Unfortunately, my hair frizzes, not a little but a lot, and it needs styling to keep it in shape. I've always been a minimalist when it comes to my hair - little product, little heat, little styling, little whatever. I like a natural look, not an over-processed or over-made-up look, and I don't like to spend a lot of time on my hair. Achieving that look with minimal time & effort is sometimes difficult & tricky, but that's always been my goal ... since I was a teen.

My go-to treatments have been Biosilk Serum, a Frieda smoother and Sebastian Potion 9. I have rotated through those products for too many years to count. Unfortunately, in spite of deep conditioning hair treatments, my hair started to become unmanageable and frizzy in the last few months, and my hair care & styling routine was no longer working. I attribute this to a combination of hard water build-up and heat damage from new tools that replaced a decade-old combination blower & iron tool that finally went kaput. After going through 3 different tools to replace the original, none of which was working with my hair, I knew I needed a radical change. I swapped out my entire hair care routine -- all new products, tools and techniques. After reading many reviews & comparing prices, I decided to give Moroccan Oil a try as a finishing serum, and I chose this Garnier Fructise product over the name-brand original oil.

This is a great product that creates sleek, shiny hair. As part of my routine, I apply it to clean damp hair, in little bits from the bottom up. I let my hair air dry, and then I use jumbo hot rollers to get sleek hair that resembles a professional blowout. My natural, middle-age hair has amazing shine and highlights, which I attribute to this oil when used with the hot rollers. I get a great look with minimal effort. And no frizzies.

I usually go 3 days between shampoos, and my hair still looks sleek & shiny on day 3. Unfortunately, my hair seems to be a bit weighed down by day 3 when I use this oil. I don't think I'm using too much product - in fact, I'm using very little because my hair is so fine, even if there is lots of it. So, I think my next step is to try a dry shampoo - I think that just might rectify the issue with third day hair.

Super, super product! Such a great product for a little dough. Unfortunately, it smells like coconut & suntan oil - I could do without that but for the price I'll let that go. Otherwise I'm quite pleased and will purchase again.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow I'm an Argan oil nut and I saw this in Target for under 5$ so I said why not. I've used Morrocanoil,One n Only,Josie Maran, and countless others and I have to say this one is the best for straightening my hair! I wait till my hair is about 50% dry and I use about a silver dollars worth because my hair is very long almost to my behind, and super thick. It get's so puffy too because I'm naturally wavy so humidity isn't good to me. Well I really like this version. I straightened my hair in no time. It took about 20 minutes. It usually takes me almost an hour! It has cut my styling time down so much and I am so happy!

My hair actually looks polished and not frizzy. I divided my hair into 3 sections and went to work and it wasn't work lol. My hair feels so soft and healthy and non greasy. I am so glad I tried this because I was running out of the One n Only and I said why not try this. Normally I do not use Garnier because I don't like how my hair feels but this I love! There is a very big cone as the 1st ingredient but argan is 2nd so that is very good.

This IMO is an excellent hair product that gives my other oils a run for their money. I am very happy with how my hair feels and the whole styling process. For us ladies with thick,thirsty hair will luv this. Even ladies with fine hair if used sparingly I can see loving this product. Give this stuff a try ladies it really is a great product. Recommended!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No