April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Treatments - Garnier - Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow I'm an Argan oil nut and I saw this in Target for under 5$ so I said why not. I've used Morrocanoil,One n Only,Josie Maran, and countless others and I have to say this one is the best for straightening my hair! I wait till my hair is about 50% dry and I use about a silver dollars worth because my hair is very long almost to my behind, and super thick. It get's so puffy too because I'm naturally wavy so humidity isn't good to me. Well I really like this version. I straightened my hair in no time. It took about 20 minutes. It usually takes me almost an hour! It has cut my styling time down so much and I am so happy!

My hair actually looks polished and not frizzy. I divided my hair into 3 sections and went to work and it wasn't work lol. My hair feels so soft and healthy and non greasy. I am so glad I tried this because I was running out of the One n Only and I said why not try this. Normally I do not use Garnier because I don't like how my hair feels but this I love! There is a very big cone as the 1st ingredient but argan is 2nd so that is very good.

This IMO is an excellent hair product that gives my other oils a run for their money. I am very happy with how my hair feels and the whole styling process. For us ladies with thick,thirsty hair will luv this. Even ladies with fine hair if used sparingly I can see loving this product. Give this stuff a try ladies it really is a great product. Recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by thegamerglam

this stuff is FANTASTIC. after some mishaps with hair dye, my hair was dull, lifeless, and dry. my naturally soft wavy-curly locks were reduced to a frizzy, stringy mess. i've tried many many products to give my hair the life i'd so stupidly taken away from it with hair dye, but most just weighed it down, killing any bit of curl it had. i'd been reduced to tying my waist-length hair up in a bun day after day because it was completely unmanageable.

i bought this, hoping it was everything the reviews said it is. and, it IS. i put it in my damp hair, and scrunched it a bit with my fingers, and i have soft, shiny, waves like i haven't had in years. this oil absorbed quickly, and all it left behind was softness and shine. the scent is very soft and dissipates quickly, which is great. i even slept in this, and my hair is still soft and shiny. it's so smooth. my hair hasn't been this soft in years. the fact that it makes your hair look and feel great, without weighing your hair down and making it feel sticky and letting it actually flow and behave like hair should, is what makes this magic.

i've also been struggling with a layer of impossibly frizzy hair. it never stays smooth, no matter what. even with deep conditioning, protein treatments, and even hair oils, i could still feel the frizz. it never went away or was tamed in the least. it's been there as long as i can remember, for at LEAST ten years. it extends from root to tip, almost as though it grows frizzy. very frustrating. well, i'm ecstatic to say that it's not there anymore. i don't know what this stuff did to it, but that entire layer of frizz is now soft and wavy like the rest of my hair.

garnier, i don't know what you put in this, but this is amazing. you have a real winner here. you gave me my hair back and made it beautiful again. thank you, and i will be buying this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to believe it, because I rarely use Garnier products, but I gave this a try and I do love it, because it is not greasy and absorbs quickly.
I squeeze the water out of your hair, then when it's about 50% dry, then I put this golden orange oil on my hair, smells like baby cologne to me, but it dissipates quickly, it really does seal in moisture, makes hair dry faster and gives it shine...Why pay more for other oils, when this does the job?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Bianca80

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing lots of great reviews for this product I decided to try it. I have long, straight, fine hair that's colored and highlighted. Overall my hair is in pretty good shape. When I get out of the shower I always apply a product that gives my hair some "slip" before brushing it. FF Glossing Cream provided me with that "slip" for over 6 years. I've tried many other products over the years from Living Proof, Ojon, Renee F, Oscar, Bumble and the list goes on and in and onnnn lol. Nothing worked like my beloved FF GC.
The first time I used this I applied too much, my hair looked great but went flat w/in a few hours. I had to wash my hair the next day(I usually wash a few times a week). I tried much less the next time I used it, only applying on the very ends and allowing my brush to distribute a little to the rest if my hair. I used my other products(as usual) and when I was done my hair looked great. Would my hair stay or would it fall flat like it did the day before? It stayed much better than the day before. Still falling a little flat though. I'm still playing with this serum/oil. I love the smell and don't want to give up. It makes my hair so silky, almost too silky. I think someone w frizzy, damaged or curly hair would love this. If your hair is like mine and naturally poker straight, and fine, it might be too much so if you do buy it start out using a pea size amount first(pea size if your hair is 4'past back bra strap, less if your hair is shorter). Compared to MO, I like this better. It's also better than the MO knockoff from Sally's(smells better too).
On second or third day hair after using dry shampoo I apply a little in the palm of my hand, rub hands together and rake through the ends. Anything left over on my hands I apply to my arms. I'm still on the fence on this. I mixed a very small amount with the Glossing Cream and the results were amazing!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SkierGirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay, I saw this in the store for $5 and thought, hey, why not give it a try? My other Moroccan Oil was $59, and was very heavy and took overnight to absorb. Well, I was incredible impressed with this one! I have very, very long, straight, incredibly think brown hair, and usually anything I apply makes it look oily and gross. This one did not, and it absorbed in less than 10 minutes and make it WICKED soft and shiny!! I only apply about a quarters size amount on either side of my head from chin down, because any farther up would make it appear oily. I would not recommend it for people with shorter hair though, because after asking me how I got my hair so soft my friend decided to get some for herself (she has thinner, shoulder length hair) and she barely used any and it appeared very wet and oily. But anyways, for me, this is the best. I love it. I need more. Try it. Just do it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by yvwiya

I absolutely love love love this on my coarse curly hair. My thirsty dry hair just sucks it up, leaving my hair soft and manageable. I used to straight iron my unmanagable hair, now I add a quarter size right after shampooing and let it dry naturally. I love my curly hair again! Thank you, Garnier!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by LolaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I live in North Dakota and the winters are very cold and rough on my hair. I love this oil for reducing split ends and protecting my hair from cold, dry wind and styling damage too. After I work it into my damp hair, it absorbs right away and my hair seems sleeker, less frizzy, and not oily. I can't put it at the roots, though, because it does make my hair feel greasier than usual, but using it at the ends of my hair is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great little find in the drugstores, because its MUCH better than Moroccan oil.

If you look at the ingredients alone, you will notice that Argaan Oil is earlier than in Moroccan oil.

I don't use this stuff everyday or every shower, however I do use this or Sleek and shine about once a week or once every 2 weeks to lock in the moisture and seal the hair.

Here's my tip on getting great results from this.

- Put coconut oil in your hair and sleep over night
- Next morning clarify your hair to really squeeky clean it, i use garnier clean and pure.
- Condition as usual
- After a few days when you need to re-wash your hair, do a conditioner wash..google it..its great stuff and not just for black people hair.
- Squeeze the water out of your hair and when the hair is about 50% day..put this little gem in your hair..it will seal the hair ensuring moisture from the conditioner stays in.

Message me if you need help and ideas because i have a lots of blogposts on repairing damaged hair
Livechiclove

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by PandaKat915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday oil. I love the smell and it is very light so it doesn't weight my hair down. The only con is that it doesn't work so great for my scalp during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by trolvachanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the perfect product for my very dry, frizzy thick hair. Only a little bit of this stuff is needed and will go a long way. Much cheaper than Redken glass or Paul Mitchell skinny serum and has a tropical scent and will last a long time. One of the best drugstore hair products I've ever used.