April 21, 2014 | 1519 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by hugapug99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this mascara! I don't. It makes my eyes itchy and smeared all over for the lovely raccoon look. It clumped up my lashes with two coats. The pigment is very dark though, so that's a plus. I also really liked the wand/brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Foundationfiend

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, after loving falsies, I thought this would be good, but I was wrong, really wrong. All this did was fan out my lashes, it didn't lengthen them, they felt thick and heavy and I was really disappointed, for nearly £8 this mascara is not good at all, and I will be returning to falsies ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I like other Maybelline mascaras much, but it couldn't share the love.
This does nothing to my lashes at all.
Into the trash it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I really don't like this mascara! Many people seem to like it but I hate it. It makes my lashes look awful. It doesn't do much of anything for my lashes. No length, maybe a tiny bit of volume. However, it stays "soft" like it claims but I don't suit the natural- lash look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by went2fast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara is super natural looking and is really long lasting. I'm not super crazy about the formula, but it's the brush that makes this mascara really unique. The brush is super flexible and allows you to get each lash without accidentally hitting the bridge of your nose or the top of your eye. I also love the colour of the packaging! (That was the factor that urged me to buy it.) Overall this is a good mascara for the price but I do prefer the dual ended mascara that maybelline makes better than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Honeycake78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Where to start! I love this product because it's smooth going on and lasts forever. Even though my lashes are naturally thick, the bigger the better, I always say. This mascara plumps and separates each lash perfectly if you apply correctly. (Seriously, I have no issues with the brush whatsoever. It's pretty easy to use- just brush it on lightly so you don't apply too much.) I got mine in brownish black and I love it. The gel formula makes it so that the product isn't heavy on your lashes and washing this mascara off is a breeze.

I will continue to buy this product and I would definitely recommend it to a friend!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

Im going to start this review with the products packaging. This is by FAR the worst wand design I have ever come across! The wand is SO bendy it literally does not allow you to put the product on your lashes properly. I find that in general mascara performance relies heavily on the users application. For me, I place the brush at the base of my lashes and wiggle the brush INTO my lashes and at the same time try to push the eyelashes into the applicator by closing my eyelid. Then I wiggle the brush up through the lashes and then with quick swipes brush the mascara on the "traditional way"..i find this way i distribute product to as much area on the eyelash as I can and it also fans my eyelashes out and avoids clumps.. But with this mascara? when I push it into my lashes, it bounces/moves away!! Actually, it stops moving once it touches your lashes rather than going in between them..results in too much product on one side of the lash and ultimately clumping with the neighboring lash. It takes me double the time to apply the desired amount of mascara on, by the end of it im frustrated that I cant separate my lashes so I get a different mascara just to be able to use the stiff wand so I can brush my lashes and remove any clumping (ofcourse you can use a clean mascara wand or one of those brush thingies but who has time for that??)

Even with the sucky applicator, I could tell the formula itself was promising. So I replaced the wand with my Maybelline Colossal wand (tube I just finished, washed the wand) and since its the same type of packaging it screws on perfectly. And voila! This mascara is now awesome! Formula is great, builds volume/length without clumping, very dark colour (got it in very black) and im liking it. Been using it daily. I havent tried this yet but I fell like I could build this mascara for real va va voom lashes for a night out.

So thumbs up for formula, thumbs down for packaging. Id repurchase but toss the wand straight away.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by diLovesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara is the flare falsies, love love love! Until I discovered Lancôme hypnose mascara. Knowing that I love falsies I went ahead and tried this mascara out. I have long lashes but not enough of them so I always grab a volimizing mascara. I really liked this formula, I tend to like dry formulas than watery ones. Well when I applied it, it made my lashes look beautiful. However, this mascara transferred a lot! After five hours I had it under my eyes and I was close to looking like a raccoon! I also wore it for this party were I danced a lot, it did transferred but not as much as I thought it would. I do however have oily eyelids, so that could be a trigger. Maybe waterproof is better, I do recommend it, but if you have oily eyelids check after a few hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bunniesandkitties

Formula is good but hate the applicator! It does as advertised - lashes stay soft to touch, doesn't flake and it gives plenty of volume to my thin lashes! They also stayed very curled in humid conditions. The downfall of this mascara is the applicator, hate that it's so bendy! I've gotten used to it now having used it for a couple of weeks, you need to apply the mascara gently so that the brush doesn't bend too much and mess up your eye makeup and also with fairly quick continuous root to tip strokes until you get the desired length and thickness... Don't let it dry between coats, my lashes became too "separated" if I apply it like other mascaras. Not bad for a drugstore mascara under $10. Unsure if I'll purchase again, maybe if they change the wand!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by missxcow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is crap, it does nothing for my lashes. It doesn't thicken or lengthen. It shows up a little after applying 8 or 9 coats and ain't no body got time for that.