Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

The brush on this mascara is what originally drew me to it as I love big fluffy bristle brushes on my mascaras. The gel formula doesn't seem to make much difference to me. I didn't notice it lasting any longer than any other Maybelline mascara. The brush lengthens and separates really well and gives a lot of volume. It doesn't flake off throughout the day and doesn't smudge under my eyes either. I also love the colour of the packaging as it makes it easy to distinguish from all my other mascaras.

In my opinion, this is not as good as my Maybelline Colossal Volume (my all time favourite Maybelline mascara) but is on par with the Maybelline The Falsies.

on 9/25/2014 12:03:00 AM

I love this mascara! and that says a lot cuz I am VERY picky with mascaras cuz I like a lot of other people absolutely hate mascara that gives you spider lashes and hard and stiff lashes ew. but this one gives me awsome length and volume in one sweep, even two coats look amazing without looking hard or spidery and I am in love, I have the shade "Blackest Black" and it does make my lashes nice and dark both top and bottom lashes. it comes off easily and for $7 I'm very happy. I usually very much dislike maybelline mascaras I'm a Rimmel or L'oreal kind of mascara girl but I'm glad I changed it up and try this. have already repurchased.

on 9/11/2014 3:23:00 PM

I usually love Maybelline mascaras, but this one was an unfortunate waste of money.
It did nothing to my lashes, no volume, no color, it did seperate them, but honestly i can do that myself with a lash comb.
if you're planning on buying a Maybelline mascara, check out The Rocket (bright cobalt packaging) and the well known The Collossal (with it's unmissable yellow package) they are so much better then this one.

on 9/11/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras, but this one is really good! It looks very natural, never clumps and I always apply 2-3 coats(but I always remove the excess from the brush on a paper tissue), gives a lot of volume and definition. Really really nice!

My only cons are that when it's really hot it smudges a little and it doesn't hold a curl, but this can be solved with a very thin layer of waterproof mascara as a base.

Very good overall! A rebuy!

on 9/9/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Ooh yes, this is what we are talking about. Finally a mascara has nailed both volume and definition in one fell swoop of the aptly named plush wand. I have received many compliments when I wear this as my usually short, sparse lashes look fluffy and like they have magically tripled in number. It doesn't clump even after 2-3 coats. There is oomph factor without being vampy so I am inclined towards this for both day and night use. Removes easily with oil based remover. Holds up throughout day or night and if you need to touch up between it doesn't turn lashes spidery. My only gripe is that I have to use a barrier when applying so it doesn't smudge on my eyeshadow but that's my own fault for having stumpy, curly lashes. It's just a marvellous, all round mascara at a great price.

on 9/7/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Good stuff! I have been using this mascara for a while and man OH man. Let's just say every time I wear this people ask me am I wearing fake eyelashes or are those my real eyelashes? I'm like heeeeck yaaa they are! And it doesn't hurt that the bottle is in suuuuch a pretty container.

:D

Buy it! Now!

on 9/7/2014 12:38:00 PM

I'm a mascara guru! This is the Absolute Worst mascara on the market!!! It gives me no volume, does not come off easily and looks like I have nothing on! Truly a waste of money. However the actually tube is a pretty teal color but let's be honest, no one cares about that.

on 9/5/2014 7:11:00 PM

I love this mascara! It opens my eyes and lengthens my lashes so much. I have gotta lots of compliments on my lashes when I wear this mascara. Lasts throughout the day for me and I only wear this on my top lashes and, so far, I haven't noticed any fall out. However, I do tend to get some when I wear them on my bottom lashes. Its $8 at Walmart so I will definitely by repurchasing.

on 9/5/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara! Its drugstore making it inexpensive. I love the lightweight gel formula and the fact it doesnt clump.I only apply one coat and its a big different to say I have little to no lashes. No fall out either.

I previously had Covergirl Lash Blash which I didnt love but I wanted to finish the tube anyway. It def gave my lashes volume but the formula was SUPER DRYING. I think Ima stick with the MEGA PLUSH.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually really like the volum' express mascaras, so when I saw this new one I thought I'd give it a try. I gotta say this is my favourite one yet. It leaves your lashes soft while giving volume and length.

The brush is a bit too big making it hard to get at the corner lashes without making a mess.

I really like the texture of it, it's not sticky at all. It makes my lashes feel quite silky and it has a very smooth application.