Revlon Colorstay LipColor

3.7

on 10/24/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is for Revlons colorstay in "stay current". This is my perfect shade of red. Its a red berry, it does last all day. I do find I have to re-apply the gloss after eating or drinking but the color lasts! From time to time it will "pill" or ball up - I think if I eat something a bit oily it will do this. This is such a nice color 3 other ladies in the office have purchased it. One of them had hers stolen by a family member...LOL. I like the packaging of this both gloss and lipcolor on one tube. Also, I use a little bit of olive oil to get this off works out nice.

on 9/27/2007 10:30:00 AM

ive tries the sheer version of this stuff, n i have the colors champagne, and rosette...theyre both great..i really like this lipstik..its cheap yet its good..its a bit tricky to get the base coat just right, cuz it dries quicky so u have to blend it in real quik...esp if u get a darker shade...but i find it dusnt dry out my lips(sometimes i even put just a teeeny bit of vaseline on my lips before hand n it dusnt effect the longevity)....n it stayd on definitely...i just reaaplied the gloss top coat once the whole day cuz i like the glossy look....but i really wud like to knw how u get long wearing lipstiks off?...cuz they dont come off wid regular makeup removers...any suggestions??

on 7/24/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Out of the drugstore brands, this is the best long-wearing lipstick I've tried. I have four of them, including a sheer version in Sheer Bronze, and they are all comfortable on my lips, have good color saturation, and last through a meal. I highly recommend this, especially because you can find it at a buy one get one free sale. The only drawback is the cheap packaging.

on 5/15/2007 2:44:00 AM

TRy Suculent Berry. Stays put and it has a very beautiful colour on my lips. And does not try them, at all. For this price is a bargain, I went a couple of days at Sephora and I was looking at the price of oher lipsticks from highend brands (Guerlain, Chanel, Dior), they are so expensive but not better than Revlon.

on 5/12/2007 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Spice, and I really like the color. It goes on smooth without drying. The problem? It only lasts for about 30 minutes. So, I guess it's okay, if you like reapplying 24 times a day... (Assuming eight hours of sleep, and a few hours of non-lipstick time.)

on 3/24/2007 10:32:00 PM

This is very slightly drying but definitely one of the better long lasting lipsticks. It certainly does last through the day as long as you are not eating a big meal, and when it does wear off it does so fairly evenly, leaving you without the dreaded ring. The colours can be a little dull and so the hunt for the HG of long lasting lippies continues.

on 2/24/2007 1:00:00 PM

I haven't yet tried the new versions, the ones that say "soft and smooth", but back in the 90's I bought a Colorstay lipstick in "Fawn". It was a really pretty color, a medium pinkish-beige with no frost. Yes, it did feel a bit dry, specially after you had had it on for some hours. But it did last for some hours too, without reapplying. The packaging was ok, my mother had one of these in "Plum" and the lipstick broke after a couple of months. I guess I could try the new version.

on 12/12/2006 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am really happy w/ these new Revlon l/s. I already own many as you can see by the swatch pics below. I am PPP w/ dry skin and dry lips. My method for getting my lips ready to go out is to apply Smashbox emulsion lip exfoliator, wipe off w/ wet cloth; use a little Aquaphor (by Eucerin); blot the Aquaphor off; line my lips w/ WnW lip liner #664C; apply Revlon colorstay l/s generously; blot it onto a kleenex; then apply more Revlon colorstay. VOILA! My l/s will stay moist with great color pay off through all night of drinking and eating. UPDATE: I found that lush orchid #275 (too bright); plush peony #260 (bubble gum pink); and baby peach #240 (too orange) are NOT good for my pale skintone. I will buy the other colors again though. UPDATE: 3/19/07: I've changed my rating down to two lipsticks b/c I wore creamy coral today, and it is too bright also. I've been wearing L'Oreal color riche for awhile, and when I went back to this Revlon colorstay, I realize it has too much slip to it, and travels outside of my lip lines, so I don't think I'll buy anymore of these.
continued >>

on 12/6/2006 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is probably the worst lipstick i have ever tried. It irritated and dried my lips out. its too bad i can't return this. At first the lipstick was gel like and this made it runny and it bled a lot. i woouldn't recommend this at all.

on 12/4/2006 10:55:00 AM

Oh, me likey! Goes on smoothly, stays put, color stays true. I got Cinnamon and Garnet on a buy one get one free sale at Walgreens. I'll probably run out and buy more.

now it is true that it comes off when you eat. But that's normal. Anything that doesn't come off when you eat is going to give you lizard lips.

Popular Lipsticks