October 30, 2014 | 990 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay LipColor

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:30:00 AM More reviews by zaramalik

ive tries the sheer version of this stuff, n i have the colors champagne, and rosette...theyre both great..i really like this lipstik..its cheap yet its good..its a bit tricky to get the base coat just right, cuz it dries quicky so u have to blend it in real quik...esp if u get a darker shade...but i find it dusnt dry out my lips(sometimes i even put just a teeeny bit of vaseline on my lips before hand n it dusnt effect the longevity)....n it stayd on definitely...i just reaaplied the gloss top coat once the whole day cuz i like the glossy look....but i really wud like to knw how u get long wearing lipstiks off?...cuz they dont come off wid regular makeup removers...any suggestions??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of the drugstore brands, this is the best long-wearing lipstick I've tried. I have four of them, including a sheer version in Sheer Bronze, and they are all comfortable on my lips, have good color saturation, and last through a meal. I highly recommend this, especially because you can find it at a buy one get one free sale. The only drawback is the cheap packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 2:44:00 AM More reviews by arianperfume

TRy Suculent Berry. Stays put and it has a very beautiful colour on my lips. And does not try them, at all. For this price is a bargain, I went a couple of days at Sephora and I was looking at the price of oher lipsticks from highend brands (Guerlain, Chanel, Dior), they are so expensive but not better than Revlon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by chillo7

I have this in Spice, and I really like the color. It goes on smooth without drying. The problem? It only lasts for about 30 minutes. So, I guess it's okay, if you like reapplying 24 times a day... (Assuming eight hours of sleep, and a few hours of non-lipstick time.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

This is very slightly drying but definitely one of the better long lasting lipsticks. It certainly does last through the day as long as you are not eating a big meal, and when it does wear off it does so fairly evenly, leaving you without the dreaded ring. The colours can be a little dull and so the hunt for the HG of long lasting lippies continues.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't yet tried the new versions, the ones that say "soft and smooth", but back in the 90's I bought a Colorstay lipstick in "Fawn". It was a really pretty color, a medium pinkish-beige with no frost. Yes, it did feel a bit dry, specially after you had had it on for some hours. But it did last for some hours too, without reapplying. The packaging was ok, my mother had one of these in "Plum" and the lipstick broke after a couple of months. I guess I could try the new version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really happy w/ these new Revlon l/s. I already own many as you can see by the swatch pics below. I am PPP w/ dry skin and dry lips. My method for getting my lips ready to go out is to apply Smashbox emulsion lip exfoliator, wipe off w/ wet cloth; use a little Aquaphor (by Eucerin); blot the Aquaphor off; line my lips w/ WnW lip liner #664C; apply Revlon colorstay l/s generously; blot it onto a kleenex; then apply more Revlon colorstay. VOILA! My l/s will stay moist with great color pay off through all night of drinking and eating. UPDATE: I found that lush orchid #275 (too bright); plush peony #260 (bubble gum pink); and baby peach #240 (too orange) are NOT good for my pale skintone. I will buy the other colors again though. UPDATE: 3/19/07: I've changed my rating down to two lipsticks b/c I wore creamy coral today, and it is too bright also. I've been wearing L'Oreal color riche for awhile, and when I went back to this Revlon colorstay, I realize it has too much slip to it, and travels outside of my lip lines, so I don't think I'll buy anymore of these.
continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 6:48:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

This is probably the worst lipstick i have ever tried. It irritated and dried my lips out. its too bad i can't return this. At first the lipstick was gel like and this made it runny and it bled a lot. i woouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by unseelie_fae

Oh, me likey! Goes on smoothly, stays put, color stays true. I got Cinnamon and Garnet on a buy one get one free sale at Walgreens. I'll probably run out and buy more.

now it is true that it comes off when you eat. But that's normal. Anything that doesn't come off when you eat is going to give you lizard lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in Raisen which looks like a perfect brown nude shade. And it does come close to being that perfect shade I am always looking for, UNTIL about 10 minutes go by, and then it turns on me-- into that horrible bright plum-purple.

I have had other lipsticks do this to me, most notibly Estee Lauder lipsticks, so it may be something odd in my chemstry. This one does it more than any I have tried.
It goes on like a slippery gel, cool and wet feeling, and takes about 5 minutes to dry. Then it leaves a stain which would be OK if it were that nice nude-brown shade it starts out to be. But my lips turn garrish and frightening, a loud red-purple. Too bad because the color does last for several hours.