September 1, 2014 | 2094 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for a while now and can safely say that it is amazing.
I use this brush to blend in my foundation and my concealer as well (I like to use a small brush to start blending in my concealer, and then I bring in this brush to finish it off) and it works beautifully. I've had this for about half a year and, not even exaggerating, it has not shed a single hair. I try to be gentle when cleaning my brushes but to be honest I end up being quite rough with them anyway and this brush has remained perfect for months despite that. The bristles were super soft and felt great on my skin when I first bought it and it still does now.
At the moment, the way I blend in my foundation is by applying it to my skin with my fingers and blending it in slightly before using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it right into my skin and get it looking perfectly and it really does do a perfect job of it.
I would definitely repurchase this brush although I really don't think I'll ever have to (unless I manage to lose it) because the quality is exceptional!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ivanenrile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation brush made my liquid foundation look blotchy and streaky that I had to go over spots and buff them with my kabuki flat top brush.

It's so sad that every one's liking and raving about this brush, and I'm the only one who has had a negative experience with it. I really wanted to like this. It would probably work better with cream or powder foundation.

Edit: I somehow made this brush work by going really aggressive buffing the foundation onto my skin more than I usually have to using my other buffing brushes. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Because the head is very small, buffing took longer than usual. My hand hurt at the end of the day and felt like I had carpal tunnel.

My ratings still stand, and no I still won't be repurchasing this brush.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by fierymiss

After reading so many rave reviews about this brush, I finally decided to give up my Ecotools foundation brush (which started to pinch my face), and buy this one. A+ decision. I haven't tried many brushes but I know for sure that I'll always come back to this one. It's cheap (it cost me around 10 euros) and it's effective. Its bristles are incredibly soft, dense and thick. It's really easy to wash and if you use it with a good foundation (I use it with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation) and the results are very professional. Like I came out of a Vogue magazine lol.
This is my first RT brush but once my other brushes go bad I'll definitely get more. Ladies, the hype is totally justified. Go get this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by kremvanilia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like my brush, but it does shed bristles as well as my stippling brush. I do love them tho and i will repurchase hoping that those were from the bad batch

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

The black part of the handle broke as soon as i got this brush. Besides that, and because i fix it with super glue, I don like it for foundation because it leaves a lot of streaks..., so i think ill be using it for countouring with cream products or even powders... Didnt blew me away as i expected from all the hype...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MarissaS05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So torn between this and my stippling. I have experienced minor shedding but nothing I can't work around! It's perfect for nearly everything I've ever tried to do with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by nevs029

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much. I used to use the beauty blender but I saw a lot of Youtubers and bloggers using this so I thought I would give it a go. And it's amazing! It gives a completely flawless finish, it's super soft, it blends my liquid foundation perfectly without soaking up too much product and I use it to blend in my concealer too. It's also super cheap! I would seriously recommend buying this. The only thing I'm not hugely fussed on is the packaging and look of the brush ( I find the shape a bit weird - I know it's so you can stand it up but I don't really feel the need to do that very often). But I can definitely overlook that because this brush is amazing in every other way!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mariejames97

This is problaby the best brush I own.
Once I got my four RT brushes, it became the only brushes i'll ever use on my face.
DEFINETLY worth the hype, you should all try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Superb makeup brush! Everyone needs this for flawless foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by fishteeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Originally, I wouldn't have gotten this brush if I didn't have a gift card to the Kohl's I bought it at. I'm a HUGE packaging snob and have endlessly been spoiled by big name, high quality brands. This little brush--despite it's cheap plastic packaging, and (in my opinion) ugly design--has BLOWN me out of the water! It sits in the hand comfortably, is ergonomically shaped for gripping between the forefingersand the space between the thumb and index finger, and the oddly shaped bristles and slightly pinched ferrule allow the brush head to get easily into corners and odd spaces on your face. I've experienced even, streak-free coverage with this brush using my very thin, everyday foundation (UD Naked Skin) and my very thick BB Cream (Smashbox BB Cream). It's definitely becoming my favorite foundation brush, almost beating out my Sigma Kabuki brush, and Lord help me, do I love that brush. It seems to play nicer with your skin if you're using a primer, but that may just be me and the condition of my skin. It's definitely worth what comparatively little money you'll spend stacked against the big boys, and I have recommended it to pretty much anyone who will listen to me concerning makeup for more than two seconds.