October 25, 2014 | 1151 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by teezytizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this gave me a bunch of blackheads, thus new scars. I easily break out and trying new foundations is a nightmare for me. Guess I'll have to keep searching. I love Clinique's products, but this just wasn't for me.

P.S. It gave off a whitish glare when I took photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: semi- matte finish ( mattes make my skin look dull and chalky) light - medium coverage ( no cake face) does not aggravate or cause acne, blends well. Cons: size of the bottle is so small for the price :(. All in all this is a great foundation especially if you have oily and acne prone skin. If you are excessively oily you probably will need to look for another foundation. I wanted something I could wear every day without making my ACTUAL skin look like shit and get clogged and sensitive! Doesn't even feel like I have makeup on!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wow. Thank god this was just a Sephora sample and I didn't purchase the real thing. What utter crap. I had the same experience as another person here. I put in on. The color went great with my skin but looking closer in the mirror it seemed to magically form creases under my eyes that were not there before I put it on. It made me look older too. A shame for something so thin to have such a huge aging effect on the skin

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by kaity1

I am really unhappy with this foundation . I have oily/combination skin and i have large pores. i tried this once and as soon as i applied it it sunk into my pores and made them even more visible it was also not a nice colour and clung on to any dry patches of skin that i had it wouldnt matter how moisturized my skin was it just looks yuck on my skin. i had to remove this foundation straight away as it looked terrible.. what a waste of money. i have tried cheap bb creams heaps better than this expensive full coverage foundation. ill stay with my estee lauder double wear light as nothing can beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

My skin type - I have oily t-zone, dry patches (result of eczema) and I wouldn't say large pores but i do have some around my nose area. I also do not like heavy foundation. I received a 10 day sample from Clinique. I specifically asked for a liquid foundation that would keep me matte and they colour matched me. The colour match was good and coverage was medium, but what i didn't like about this product is that it made my skin look really dull. I wasn't sure exactly, but it look like it was just sitting on top of my skin and didn't blend well. I always moisturise first and I applied the foundation with a brush because it is a bit runny. The oil control was ok, I did have to dab on some shine control half way through the day which is normal. I will not be purchasing this (good thing for the free trial!) based on the fact it did nothing to improve the appearance of my skin. For now i will just go back to using BB cream [although i hear good things about Shiseido Sheer and Perfect]

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An overall okay product. It has good coverage and flows onto the skin easily, no matter how you apply it (brush, fingers, sponge). Color matches are great, Clinique's always been good for color range, but the product doesn't really keep you matte. It has a semi-matte finish where I could still see some shine on my nose, but some powder got rid of that. However, a few hours later and if I touch my face I can see the oily fleshy colored residue of my makeup starting to melt off my face. Sorry, Clinique, not made for the oiliest of the oily like I am. Pretty expensive and not the best container. Will not repurchase, but it wasn't horrible, just not worth the price for what I hoped it would do.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I've been using Perfectly Real Clinique foundation for a couple of years (and only used Clinique foundation for 15+ years), but decided to try Stay-Matte, since I have oily skin. I still like Perfectly Real over Stay-Matte. I found Stay-Matte harder to blend in, so my skin looked splotchier and uneven. I think perfectly real has a more smooth finish, since it is easier to blend in and creates more of an even skin tone. I would just do Perfectly Real + Superpowder double face powder instead of using stay-matte for more oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

Skin: Combo leaning towards oily Shade: 08 Golden Neutral (NC 25-30 in MAC shades) Packaging: Easy squeeze tube, perfect for travel Price point: $23 Oxidation: None that I noticed Oil control: Fan-freakin-TASTIC I love this foundie. It's the perfect shade, great packaging, and amazing with oil control. It lasts a good 8-10 hours on my oily t-zone. This does catch onto any dry areas on my cheeks, though. I make sure to exfoliate and moisturize thoroughly. If you have normal to dry skin, steer clear of this stuff. You'll look super flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by OliveYah

To be honest, because of my oily and acne-prone skin, I've become quite skeptical of the types of foundations that I use. I've been through pretty much all of the drugstore foundations that you can think of (FIT me) was my best drugstore brand. I've also tried MAC, but this one blows all of them out of the park because it's light for such a good and full coverage. Best part about it is that you can tell that it's oil-free because it gives you a very natural and almost completely matte finish. To top it all off, it doesn't break me out! So it's fair to say that this one is a keeper. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday, go-to foundation. I really like it! For reference, I am fair-skinned, with dark brown hair and light brown eyes. I have combo/oily skin. While I know that I am not super oily, I do sometimes have an issue with looking shiny with my foundation. This foundation does the job well for me, even though I do have to blot a couple of times per day. This foundation is really gentle on my skin and never breaks me out, (being good to my skin is a MUST to me...if a foundation causes pimples, it has to go!). :-). There are foundations out there, (like EL Double Wear), that stay matte on my skin far better, but those foundations, (that one in particular), feel like cement on my skin. This foundation gives me a pretty, soft "glow", without looking greasy. I feel like any type of skin, with the exception of really dry skin types, can wear this foundation. I can see myself wearing this foundation for many years to come!

I am the color "Fair" and it suits my skin and its pink undertones very well. At first, I was a bit scared of the pink within this color, but it was the closest match to my skin and blends in very well. The other colors were either too dark or had the wrong undertone for my skin.

I recommend this foundation to people who are not dry skinned, and that want to stay matte for most of the day. It does not have spf in it, (but I like this because I use products underneath my foundation that have spf and do not like it to be in my makeup). If you are looking for spf, it may be a good idea to seek a moisturizer to wear underneath foundation to get the protection that you need.