October 30, 2014 | 1451 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lr99999

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm gray. I've had Colorsilk medium blonde on my hair for quite a while. I decided to go lighter so I bought 04 Ultra Light 04 to go lighter.

It didn't even DENT the darker blonde color. So I bought a Preference Les Blondisimes. Didn't even do a thing.

Geezzz. What is this stuff? I don't want to bleach or use color remover because my hair is long and in great condition.

Guess I'm stuck with this color forever, :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been dying my hair for about 3 years now in bright, unnatural colors. I have naturally dark and frizzy hair so it's gone through a lot to go from dark brown to green and blue and red and pink but every time I decide to give my hair a break, I use revlon colorsilk. This thing is perfect! It makes my hair softer and healthier looking than before I died it and it covers the bright colors perfectly! I haven't tried any of the very light colors because I tend to stick to darker browns, black and auburn colors. I can go from any color to a perfectly natural even shade in a day. This product is wonderful, especially for the price. I love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by palinaka78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought the colorsilk didnt damage my hair alot , i been useing thier product for a year now and it lasts for a long time. the color dosent fade or have a brassy look. its good overall. my hair looks vibrant and healthy, the conditioner has a heavenly smell and it makes my hair silky after i rinse it out and it drys:) , it smells like pikake , (hawaiian flower) (im from hawaii) but anyway its a verry good buy for 2-5 dollors , exellent:)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Kathsabino

Okay I used the red shade and I loved it. I first used this my junior year of high school and loved it, especially since it was only $3. The red was gorgeous, and my hair wasn't dried out. The red fades into a beautiful light brown that I love and I have no idea how else to achieve this shade other than the fading red. Fast forward 4 months, my roots have grown out about three inches and i decide that it's time to redye. My natural hair is a deep black so it was very noticeable against the light brown. So I buy another box and dye my hair. I am satisfied with the color but I notice that it totally fried my hair. I followed direction, only kept it on for 20 min. an it just ruined my hair. My hair is so dry and unhealthy now because of this hair dye. You get what you paid for. When it comes to hair dye, DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPLURGE. A much much better qualities hair dye would have only been a couple bucks more. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you should buy it. The never ending split ends are not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by xoxojill

Wow! Is all I can say! Me being 24 and dying my hair since I was in 6th grade, you can imagined that I've tried every hair dye possible, and I was at Walmart and this was like $2.50 and I had a $1.00 of coupon I said Why not it can't hurt! Wow! I'm am shocked at the results! I have EXTREMELY Thick, Curly, Frizzy Hair and about a bottle and a half did the job. I used Soft Black and before coloring my hair was 30 different colors and this evened it out to all one color and there are NO blotched spots! My hair is also not dry at all! Great buy and will DEFINITELY use again!

WOW! NOW 2 DAYS LATER THE COLOR LOOKS GOOD UNTIL I WOKE UP WITH A SWOLLEN RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE AND EYE! BAD REACTION! NOW TAKING MEDICATION FOR IT

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Ttylxox

I made a mistake of lightening my hair using hydrogen peroxide. So when I died my hair (shade#47) I noticed a week or less later the blonde on top had completely shown through. The bottom of my hair did remain brown, but the color certainly did fade a lot in just a week. I definitely did something wrong, I believe I should've purchased 2 boxes instead of one. The good thing is, after I died it my hair appeared very healthy and shiny. I am going to repurchase and re-dye tomorrow. Cross my fingers I do it right this time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cheerioqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a wonderful product for people that know how to take care of dyed hair. I love Colorsilk. It's so cheap and the color always turns out well. I've only used the reds and dark browns.

Don't wash your hair for a day or two before dying. Don't rub it onto your scalp. Only rinse and condition after dying. Don't wash for a few days after dying. You don't want to over dry your hair. Staying away from heated hair styling for a while should help as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff is AWFUL. AWFUL. I have NEVER had such a terrible experience with a boxed hair dye before.

Frankly, I don't know what compelled me to buy it. I had nothing but wonderful experiences with the Natural Instincts' Soft Black (or "Natural Black," something to that effect) dye, but the great reviews for this swayed me away, I guess. I tried to find the ColorSilk equivalent and the color came out OK, nothing to spectacular, fairly average reddish-brownish black. My hair felt a little more dry than usual, so I did some heavy deep treatments and snipped off my ends. Then, out of nowhere, like two or three weeks after I initially dyed it, my hair mutinied. It started falling out in chunks, became totally uncontrollable no matter what I did to it, and almost half the length of my hair was dry and dead. This was the only change I had made to my hair in months, and though I did what I could to salvage it, I had to cut a lot of it off. A LOT. I'm still trying to coddle my hair back to health with protein treatments, deep conditioners, and gentle clarifying, but with so much dead length...I don't know what else to do but snip off the rest.

I also want to note that even without using sulfates, the color drained in under a month. My hair is almost entirely back to blonde again. WHAT. THE. HELL.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get the negative comments I'm seeing. Many ppl are saying its drying. It IS a pharmacy hair dye, you're getting exactly what you're paying for, honestly. For less than 5 bucks, do u REALLY expect a miracle!? I use this product for root touch ups in shade 03. It's an exact match for my current color in between treatments at the salon. Perhaps the people who use it all over have bad results because they have dry and damaged hair to start with...?? You're also NOT supposed to wash your hair for 3-4 days after you dye it, that's most likely another reason for the damage and color fade complaints I'm reading. I live this product, have no complaints. Never brassy, never dry but awesome results.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by april7xD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product and saw great results in the beginning until it made my hair very dry and damaged in less than a month :c i started getting split ends. The color didnt last long , it faded out my hair in like less than a month.