Avene Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

4.1

US cream for intolerant skin: Water (Aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. ------------------------------------ US Avene skin recovery cream: Avene Thermal Spring Water (avene Aqua), Mineral Oil (paraffinumliquidum), Glycerin, Glycerylstearate, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Clycohexasiloxane, Serine, Carbomer, Tetrasodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Water (aqua).

on 2/16/2013 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i'm not so convinced with this product. i got the riche formula for my very dry skin. it's meant to soothe sensitive skin and i expected it to at least be a bit nourishing. unfortunately i didn't feel like it's overly calming, it feels really silicone-y and sits on my skin. the fact that it's got mineral oils in it puts me off a bit too. i'm fine with it in my cold cream since it very rich and nourishing, but in this formula there's just no justification for it. a bit of a let down, sorry....

on 1/29/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic moisturizer for people with extremely sensitive or acne-prone skin. I suffer from the latter, which made it extremely difficult to find a moisturizer that will not make my skin worse. I can could in one hand the moisturizers that will not cause me to break out and this one moisturizes better than any of them. This is still a rather light moisturizer and will not completely fix the problem when my skin is extra dry.

on 1/23/2013 5:16:00 AM

honestly, this product is like sooooooo awesome! it spreads on my skin so easily, especially in adjacent with my cleanance k which also done a very good job too. the product somehow reduce my acne scars, sooth my skin so gently after i wash my face (which tends to tighten) and offer a great moisture for me...

HOWEVER...

it breaks me out crazily when i apply it under my bb cream, especially on my forehead with more than 3 of cystic acne which is a BIG rarity for me. but then i thought, 'oh maybe because my skin needs time to get used to it' but - ugh, how damn stupid i was. i bought the light version and really, it doesnt go that well during the day... i use this cream under my bb cream because of its tolerance to factors such as environment and weather (just like in the advertisement). boy, how wrong i was! then i go to my old moisturizer; avene anti-shine regulating lotion and it does a BETTER job. it doesnt give that much shine just like the skin recovery cream, give me a dewy look and most importantly, doesnt break me out.

on 1/12/2013 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is awesome. I live in Europe and got the RICH version. I did try so many creams for my really difficult skin and this was the Holy Grail. Give this cream a go before buying even more expensive ones. It is not super cheap but affordable .

on 1/10/2013 5:40:00 PM

Last year i started using antibiotics and differin gel for my acne and while it helps the acne my skin started to get really dry and sore. I looked for a moisturiser that would help but all the ones i tried were really rich and heavy but didn't actually do anything for me. I came across this and it definitely repairs the skin and i think it has helped my acne heal as well. I use it every night, ill wash my face and then put on my differin gel and then ill put this on and you only need a tiny amount. It hasn't blocked my skin, my acne is nearly cleared up and it hasn't made my skin any oiler as i have combo skin. Im onto my second tube and i would definitely recommend. It is a wee bit expensive but not overly so and especially not for something that works so well.

on 12/17/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from rosacea which flares up once in a while. However, my skin has been generally red due to a variety of factors. I tried this cream which not only soothed my flare-ups but also lessened the sensitivity of my skin. Nowadays, my skin only turns red when I rub it too hard.

I use it as a night cream in the summer and as a day & night cream in mild winters. For harsh winters, I suppose you could layer with other Avene products.

on 12/9/2012 12:26:00 PM

im 36 and iv never had to use moisturizers or any other kind of creams before because my skin was always nice but due to going through a surgical menopause all that has changed and my skin was very very dry.. because im no expert i went to my local chemist and asked them for their best seller.. i wasnt holding my breathe but i was desperate to try something and i have to say 'this stuff is AMAZING'... iv only been using it for about 3 wks and it has already got rid of the dryness and when i say my skin went dry i mean it was awful. cant recommend this stuff enough. i cant believe i was lucky enough to love the first cream iv ever tried. it goes on the skin really nice too, is not greasy and has no odour.. i cant comment on price because as i said iv never bought creams before but to be onist i would of paid alot more

on 12/8/2012 10:03:00 PM

I recently moved to a colder climate and am SO thankful for this product! This doesn't make me breakout and feels really natural, no greasiness. No frangrance too, which I love. The perfect amount of moisture my skin was craving. The packaging is pretty neat, too. A bit pricey, but it is certainly no-nonsense.

Received a sample at the local spa - I'm dealing with hyperthyroidism and rosacea and happened to be having a flare when I went to get my other products - I tried this and was blown away - didn't sting, took the redness out of my skin and made what usually is rough, bumpy skin soft and smooth... I LOVE this product and won't ever be without it!

If you have super sensitive skin (I've tried everything from A-Z) this product may be the one for you!

on 11/28/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Firstly, a comment about my skin - I have the worst skin possible! It's sensitive, combination-oily, extremely acne-prone and where I have blemishes, dry and patchy.

I bought this to calm my skin down after it had become irritated, red and super dry in patches. In the UK it cost arounds £12.50, which I think it's quite reasonable for such a little miracle cream!

After just two applications, my skin was soothed and calm, with all dry patches magically erased. I applied this in the evening, as it is extremely moisturising but yet, not greasy. When I applied my makeup in the morning, it literally looked perfect with no nasty patchy bits, or any flaking.

PROS
- moisturising without being greasy
- hypoallergenic
- designed for senstive skin
- seems to be great for most skin types oily/dry
- solves dry patches
- soothes troubles and irritated skin

CONS
- none that I can think of!

This cream is designed to be used as a recovery cream and hence, not for prolonged everyday use! I used it for one week straight to "fix" my skin, and now I just use it once a week/fornightly to keep my skin looking refreshed and radiant.

A definite repurchase, and now a staple in my skincare.