July 23, 2014 | 1303 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never thought an Avene product would work for me, since everything I've tried so far hasn't.
Then while I was on a trip in Europe, I had this horrible allergic reaction on my face, and my skin was red, rough, itchy, just horrible. The anti-allergic gel they gave me was leaving it even drier, so I went back to the pharmacy for some moisturizer. Avene had a huge display, so I just picked this cream, it just...looked appealing at the moment.
Well, it's become my HG moisturizer. It literally saved my face because the irritation subsided soon after I started applying this cream, and I was able to put on foundation without it looking like a pancake.
I kept using the tube, now I'm 2 months into it and I still use it nightly, and I've been waking up to the nicest skin I've ever had - even, no pimples, smooth, soft and moisturized but not greasy. I used to be oily now I'm combo, and this little tube works amazingly on me!
I will most definitely buy again, when I'm done with this one. Although it may not happen for a long time, because I haven't even used a quarter of it!
EDIT JUNE 2013: I will leave the high marks I'd given this previously, because that tube was really THAT good, but if I were to rate the new version (bought in Canada 3-4 months ago) I would give it a 2!
This new version (or maybe because it's not the Euro one) is not even close to my first tube. It makes me oily, my skin doesn't look calm, and I suspect it gave me some pimples. It just doesn't feel right, and I bought both the regular and the rich versions.
Not to mention the packaging, the top gets nasty with product accumulation which dries and it's just...ugh. Hate it. Why did they have to change an awesome product???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by girlen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have FINALLY found a cream for my sensitive skin that really calms down the skin. I have used it for almost a year now. I have had problems with my skin for as long as I can remember, acne, irritated skin and redness. The redness is now completely gone, which I didn't think was possible. The red bumps are gone and it just feels like my skin has calmed down soo much. I have tried many many creams since I started to moisturize my face (maybe 15 years ago), and this is the first one that I can say helps. I'm so happy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading tons of rave reviews of Avene Cream for Intolerant Skin, I was really hoping that this basic moisturizer would be the solution to my sensitive, clog-prone skin woes. I love that it never, ever irritates my skin, but alas, it also clogs it quite badly. I had read the ingredients carefully to make sure there were no ingredients that I thought would clog, but once I realized this product was clogging my pores, I reexamined the label even more carefully, and by researching the ingredients and cross-referencing the ingredients lists of other moisturizers that have clogged me, I finally came to the conclusion that I need to add glyceryl stearate to my list of pore-clogging ingredients to avoid. I've given up on this moisturizer now, and I'm using the bit that remains in the tube as a hand cream. It does make a very nice (but too pricy) hand cream that heals rather than exacerbates the dermatitis that sometimes develops on my hands.
Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane, Benzoic Acid, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine. continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Lillynora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG cream for days when I need some extra TLC for my face.
Highly recommended for mature skin, mine is combination prone to breaking out once a month.
A bit expensive, however, it is worth it for the job done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this very often as I'm scared I'll reach for it one day and find it's stopped working for me, but this has to be the WORLD'S GREATEST CREATION!!! I first started using this when my face began developing random dry patches that just wouldn't go away! Enriched with Avene's Eau Thermal Spring Water, this was my hero product. After one night of use, the dry patches went away and didn't come back! And my face felt unbelievably smooth! Now I keep it in my bathroom just in case for emergencies, like when my skin gets that little bit dry or feels a little too bumpy and uneven for my liking. It's the best quick fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

A highly efficient, extremely soothing and highly hydrating moisturiser, it is an absolute delight to use it. I have acne prone, mildly sensitive skin and when, during winter, I go on tretinoin treatments and my skin just gets hostile and aggravated, I turn to this. Its gel-like texture is cooling and even its scent is soothing. At first it sits on the skin and then it gets absorbed, leaving your skin calmer and happier. It hydrates my combination/oily skin very well and even helps with the dry flakes that my breakouts leave behind.
Absolutely two thumbs up for this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted very much to like this but it's just too heavy for my combi skin. It left my face feeling sticky like the product just sat on top and never sank in. Luckily I only had a small sample sized tube so I'll just use the rest as eye-cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Love using this skin recovery cream when I feel that my skin needs a little more TLC. i would apply a thick layer and leave it overnight. Goes on smooth and fragrance free. Rich in thermal water. Simply love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been experiencing very dry skin at the moment and I'd tried so many heavy moisturizers that didn't get rid of the dry patches so I went to the pharmacy and explained my situation.She recommended this and my skin has returned back to normal and it feels lovely under make up.
It's not that cheap and the tube isn't filled up completely which is annoying but I couldn't be more grateful as I've found something that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect daytime moisturiser for my very sensitive, clog-prone skin. It's lightweight, but effective and doesn't cause any irritation or redness. I usually stock up when it's on sale, because it's not super cheap, but less than a pea-sized amount easily covers my face & neck, so I find I don't go through it too quickly.

*EDIT* I still love this cream, but haven't needed it since adding Skinceutical's Retexturing Activator to my morning routine. I use either Avene's Cleanance K or Triacneal at night w/ no mostirizer and the Retexturing Activator serum + ss in the morning.