September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The applicator makes it apply so nicely and it wears all day. Best I have used. I will keep buying this. Better then Stila which was Ok sometimes , this one always makes me look good!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this for a full month now, and I think I know it well enough to write an actual review. Luckily, I have good things to say.
I'm a big fan of Lancome's mascaras and makeup remover, so I was so excited to finally try this. I got this in the Hypnose Star collection from Sephora, which included the Hypnose Star Mascara, the makeup remover, and the artliner.
First off, I'm really, really, really happy with the staying power. Once you put this on, it's not going anywhere. On days when I don't feel like wearing eyeshadow, I don't bother with a primer and this lasts all day. It doesn't smudge and dries fairly quickly so it doesn't transfer to the upper lid right after application.
This is a really dark eyeliner, which is always impressive. I hate eyeliners that start off dark black but sort of fade to an unflattering deep grey. This doesn't, it stays as black as when you first apply. It's easy to apply, even for beginners, as the thin felt tip is pretty easy to control.
The only minor downside is that sometimes after you've drawn your line, you have to go back a second or third time because it isn't opaque. It's hard to explain, but sometimes when you draw your line, the felt tip takes some of the product with it and leaves some of your lid showing. This doesn't always happen, so don't let that stop you from buying it. It can be fixed easily with just another swipe of the eyeliner.
The price is way up there, but this is definitly an eyeliner that's impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by crisup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite. The black is deep and glossy. Is very easy to apply and leaves a beautiful line. The brush is quite soft and maybe this limits a very precise finish. But I love it and continue to buy it again for years.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

I paid $40 dollars for this liquid eyeliner. Quite the heavy price tag isn't it? I'd hate to be the downer, but I was not satisfied with this product. The applicator is a felt tip, which I didn't mind, but it was difficult for me to control. It can't be that I'm a noob and I don't know how to put on eyeliner, I mean, I used this eyeliner til it dried up and I still could not control the tip. The formula is disappointing because it was very watery and reminded me of some Almay eyeliner I bought for $7 and I swear it was the same consistency as this. Since it was super watery, it would not dry on my lids. I'd literally wait 5 mins for it to dry up, then curl my eyelashes, and look at the horror that half my eyeliner came off. I'd then have to repaint on my eyeliner again, and make sure I don't blink too soon or else it'd end up on my brow bone. The only perk about this eyeliner is that it's extremely black and it does last quite a bit, but it cannot handle tears because I cried with it on and the eyeliner dissolved and ran into my eye and it stung really bad.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by zelozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is so far the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. It has that intense black colour, long lasting even when i rub my eyes and it has an easy application.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting this product for god knows how long but I could never come to pay the price for it. One day I stopped at my local belks and decided to spoil myself. I was so excited to get my hands on this product. So far I have been using this product for a week and I can honestly say I am so Dissapointed. Every time I line my eyes it ends up streaking on me. When I try to go back over the line it ends up erasing it which is so wierd. I'm thinking about going back to swap it out for a new one because maybe I got a bad one from a bad batch. Overall, I'm really really Dissapointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is truly a great eyeliner. I used this for years, and then when I started getting into makeup more, I started exploring with other brands and other types of liners (Gel, Cream, Kohl) and after many failed attempts, I decided to go back to liquid. I tried picking up the drugstore alternative (because the Lancome is quite expensive) by L'Oreal, the Carbon Black Lineur Intense. I hated it. The application was so patchy and I'd have to go over the line time and time again. When the L'Oreal is gone I will be running out to get the Artliner. It is truly the best in it's class. Super black, long lasting, EVEN application, and one tube lasts me anywhere from 3-6 months, where as the L'Oreal only lasts a month or two.

Definitely worth the high price. HG liquid liner forsure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by hina1983

I have been using this liquid eyeliner for 15 years, and no matter what else I have tried nothing compares to this. I always come back to my Lancome Artliner. It is the absolute best. The black (noir) is very black - not like some liquid eyeliners that look more like a grey unless you layer. This looks very black. The felt tip brush is easy to use and allows you to draw thin to thick lines easily. The brush never ever starts to ruin. I use this liquid eyeliner every day, and each one lasts me about 4-5 months (which I think is pretty good).

I have tried using a bunch of other liquid liners - YSL, MUFE, MAC - and nothing compares. I always end up returning them.

The price isn't cheap, but for the quality of the product I am fine with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So gutted that I love this product, I go through so much eyeliner and if it runs out before payday, I have to resort to the cheapest liquid eyeliner going!

I didn't get on with this product at first. I've used many eyeliners and the last eyeliner I used that had an applicator like the Artliner was the L'Oreal Superliner and it was AWFUL. After a week, I couldn't get any product out of the 'pen' bit. This was much better and the liner was jet black (I hate it when your mascara is jet black and your eyeliner isn't!)
I love this and will continue to buy it allowing funds!

I only took the one lippie off because I just think a different applicator would've been a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by shannoodles

I got this in a Lancome set with hypnose doll eyes and the base (travel size) for $30 at sephora. I love this liquid liner. I have super oily eyelids and even without a primer, this stays on for 8 or 9 hours. Though it is a little pricey (though in Australia it costs $51) i would still repurchase it but just in over here. And the pigmentation is amazing and the applicator is so smooth. I highly recommend this