April 20, 2014 | 879 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

if you have brown, hazel or green eyes -- this is a must have ES.

it is a mix of green/grey with a smidge of gold thrown in which makes eyes pop.

love it and it is a staple in my ES collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

A beautiful mix of sultry olive green and gray. It makes my brown eyes pop. I'm happy this doesn't go on frosty, nor overly glittery. It looks absolutely magnificent on the crease complimented with MAC Oceanique on the lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

My HG eye shadow! The love of my makeup life! If I could marry it I would!

I don't know what it is about this one but it's just perfection. If you have brown eyes you must check this out. It's still so neutral but makes my eyes just pop. Not too much color. Not too much sparkle. Just beautiful, sexy, smokey amazing eyes every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MissMed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love greensmoke. It has become my staple everyday eyeshadow for me. I know some people find the colour difficult to work with, but for me, greensmoke is what I have been looking for. I am crazy about green eyeshadows but I am also really fussy, rarely finding a green that I like (they are usually too yellow or too greeny-brown dirty-looking or just too bright for work). Greensmoke is really an appropriate name for this eyeshadow - it is a real green-grey, creating a beautiful subdued smokey eye look appropriate for daytime wear. You can build up the colour, but keep in mind that greensmoke is meant to be subtle, rather than a bright, playful green like swimming. It is a lustre like swimming (and I usually stay away from lustres), but I found that it wasn't as glittery; the glitter is just appropriate. Also, the colour payoff is not too bad considering it is a lustre. I like to put greensmoke on my lid with sumptuous olive in my crease/outer v and a touch of humid to line my lower lid. Subtle yet beautiful!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a really pretty color. Makes hazel eyes pop with a sexy edge. good color payoff and nice amount of sparkle. good addition to a colorful collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this in the pan, but it's not so great to work with. I bought this before I had more info on the various finishes of MAC shadows. Dry with nothing but UDPP, this barely shows up as a slightly grey-green with a little sparkle. Even over a gold-green base, it just barely added a little shimmer, but most of the color was still due to the base. I haven't tried using it wet, so maybe that will be my next attempt. Not a bad color either way, but nothing like the beauty it holds in the pan, so I probably won't need to repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this pretty hard to work with. My brother gave me this for Xmas, after I gave him a couple of ideas for gifts....Greensmoke was an eyeshadow I'd been wanting for a while. It is beautiful in the pan, but actually getting it to look the same on your eye is painful. Unless I use a damp brush and pat it on layer after layer, I only get the black base plus a few random glitter specks. My complexion turns it grey too...it's pretty, but I wish the green would come through a bit more. I'm probably going to buy a green base to wear underneath like someone suggested earlier. I just hate spending extra money just to get an eyeshadow to work. I've heard that Lustres can be a bit hit and miss...now I know why! Positives are that it does blend nicely and lasts until I take it off. If it wasn't so pretty, I would have given up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this I didn't really know what to do with it.Being a lustre it is quite sheer,but can be layered.Unlike some of the other lustres this does not have fall out from it.Worn alone or all over the lid it's kind of dull so I like using this on the inner corners of my eyes with darker shades of green.I'm not crazy about green eyeshadow(or anything green)but MAC has a couple of nice greens and this is one of them because it just gives a nice wash of sparkly green.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jennab522

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everytime I wear this eyeshadow I get compliments, it really brings out the blue in my eyes. I've had this eyeshadow for 2 years and I wear it on a night out and pair it with some black eyeliner and what a hot effect! I use it sparingly. You have to be careful with this color, if you really layer it on it gets to be a little Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Though that can be said with most MAC shadows as they are very pigmented.

The only problem I have with MAC eyeshadows in general is that the clear plastic circle has popped out on almost every eyeshadow I own from MAC. It rarely compacts though, so that's why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a great green color. I love greens, I have hazel eyes. They are brown, with green in them. I think this will compliment every skin tone. I will definitely re-purchase.